Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2022 5:11 PM

Mar 2021
Damn it was at the same time very uncomfortable and yet so funny seeing Denji fondle Power after he achieved his dream ("THAT'S IT??")

Sasuga Mappa, the Makima scene knocked me out cold... WHAT I WOULDN'T DO TO BE HIM THEN AND THERE (sorry)

The Aki - Snow - Gun Devil scene was done so well, I have no doubts about the future

Besides that, I laughed this whole ep more than I expected I would :d

Nov 8, 2022 5:19 PM

Apr 2018
Now, Denji has two new goals: french kiss Himeno and have s*x with Makima lmfao.. This foo ain't loyal trolol.

I love Himeno's devil power!
Nov 8, 2022 5:25 PM
Aug 2021
I really dont understand Makima and she's just strange. The fights are good but i'm not really liking the characters
Nov 8, 2022 5:51 PM
Jan 2019
a denji le gustan las tetas
Nov 8, 2022 5:56 PM
Oct 2019
Great all around episode. No complaints. Some really funny parts. Great progression of story and exited for the next episode. Some good big moments in this episode too from the manga and they were all executed perfectly
Nov 8, 2022 5:57 PM
Apr 2021
It was incredible… after all we’ve been through this anime and manga is still UNDERRATED, it’s been criticized so much only because it is part of the new gen, but after a few years pass, everyone will realize this was actually one of the greatest works in the history of anime and manga. Truly a revolution for shonen.
Nov 8, 2022 6:00 PM

Sep 2011
lmao Denji failed NNN hard. Other than that pretty mid episode introducing what I assume is a long term goal and proper introductions of the other three team members. Asai has death flags all over his being and the other two are popular female characters so premature RIP for Asai.

Also I know JJK didn't invent this trope but I immediately was like Gun Devil = Sukuna and the Bullets = Sukuna's fingers
Nov 8, 2022 6:19 PM

Feb 2018
Yes, I couldn't wait for this to be adapted, and for the most part I think it was done really well.
Having the voice to go with that scene with Makima and Denji was great.
Since I already know what's happening I'm really looking forward to the next episode and seeing how well they do it.
Nov 8, 2022 6:28 PM

Jul 2020
i swear it really gets good when kobeni's around and yes like the other ppl sayin. the adaptaion is great that i have no complain about it
Nov 8, 2022 6:32 PM

Oct 2020
Himeno <3 My love.
Nov 8, 2022 6:32 PM
May 2020
Really engaging, awesome direction, Makima is entrancing.
Nov 8, 2022 6:39 PM
Feb 2018
denji is me irl!!!
Nov 8, 2022 6:42 PM

Sep 2020
Yuri_Cobaia said:
I don't like the abusive relationship that Makima has with Denji. Manipulation by his sex drive, is abusive. The last thing these edgy kids that love CHAINSAW MAN need right now, is a show praising this kind of behavior. But i do understand that in the show narrative, this has some kind of sense. Since characters don't consider Denji human anymore, but a tool to kill demons. I just hope that the narrative don't let this sink without a proper work around this matter.

With that being said, i liked the episode, Aki and Himeno gave me that "Akatsuki duo hunting bijuus vibes", in that demon fish scene (is probably a reference btw).

Denji realising that bouncing some boobs is not that big deal, is actually very deep theme. I remember that this was my exacly reaction after i had my first bodycount. I'm glad that he realised that if you don't care about the other person, does not mean shit.

The ending is marvelous, i don't know about the music, but the art was just gorgeous. Whats up with the horses? And the spiral, perspective thing? Great stuff, im really hoping to see video talking about the references around that ending.

Great episode overal, i'm slowly realising that CSM has some message around it. Lets keep going.
Good, then you got the intended message that something is "off" about Makina, she is supposed to come off as creepy and manipulative on purpose.
Lost my old account in the hacking accountpocalypse
Nov 8, 2022 6:47 PM
May 2015
muito bom esperando o proximo episodio
Nov 8, 2022 6:48 PM

Mar 2010
I was aroused, RIP NNN.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 8, 2022 6:48 PM

Mar 2018
This episode had me laughing so much. 10/10
Nov 8, 2022 6:49 PM
Jul 2019
WE DID IT BOYS WE COPED A FEEL! also the hunt for the gun devil begins but first we need to kill hotel devil and get french kiss from Himeno HEHEHEHAHAHAAA!!!
Nov 8, 2022 6:51 PM

Jul 2016
makima va doing a good job on lewd scene
Nov 8, 2022 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
H.H Holmes?
And 2 OPPAI this episode

Nov 8, 2022 6:57 PM
May 2021
boobs............
Nov 8, 2022 7:07 PM

Jul 2022
lack of dialogue for me...probably just me lol
Kek

Nov 8, 2022 7:08 PM
Mar 2019
Enough with the Boob frustration, it's getting too much.
Nov 8, 2022 7:11 PM
Apr 2021
ah hell nah not the mo(r)bius devil
Nov 8, 2022 7:56 PM
Aug 2018
woaw kobeni also aki this is awesome and that other eyepatch one love her
Nov 8, 2022 7:59 PM
Dec 2021
Greatest fan service ever.
Nov 8, 2022 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
grandy_UiD said:
The boob grab scene just confirmed once and for all that Makima's voice is ludicrously terrible. I just had to mention it again, for the last time. I know I will get jumped by delusional people who defend it, claiming it's perfect for tricking people into believing she is not a manipulator (despite her never trying to trick anyone into thinking that, ever), but whatever.

As an anime-only, it seemed to fit as a seductively suspicious voice. Was Fujimoto going for something different for her character in the manga? I'm trying to picture in my head what else her voice could be.
Nov 8, 2022 8:04 PM
Jan 2021
So much Himeno content
Nov 8, 2022 8:11 PM

Jul 2014
Boobs are the greatest motivation of all mankind
Nov 8, 2022 8:15 PM
Feb 2021
the journey for booba continues
Nov 8, 2022 8:17 PM

Oct 2021
Questionable stuff aside, it's crazy how relatable denji can sometimes be. We often have things we chase after so desperately, only to finally attain it and say "That's it?"

It's like when you really want to max out a video game to beat the final boss, then beat it and feel disappointed.

It's a tough sucker punch to the gut if it happens, especially if it's something big like a life-long dream which you accomplish only to feel unfulfilled. Sadly I don't know any remedies for this as of yet. I'm curious how would people deal with this situation?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Nov 8, 2022 8:23 PM
Feb 2022
very epic love the animation and KOBENI!
Nov 8, 2022 8:28 PM

Jul 2016
HungryForQuality said:

As an anime-only, it seemed to fit as a seductively suspicious voice. Was Fujimoto going for something different for her character in the manga? I'm trying to picture in my head what else her voice could be.

Dont mind him. Fujimoto involve in selection japan voice actor process.
Nov 8, 2022 8:33 PM
Jan 2017
i don't know what i saw it's just Makima
Nov 8, 2022 8:38 PM

Nov 2017
another great episode! lol that hand holding animation was so slippery smooth! lol
This series is really like a vibe of hollywood mystery horror suspense...with comedy and together with Fujimoto's unusual art style with no exage anime face tropes or chibi scenes.
just ugly face reactions lol.
Nov 8, 2022 9:21 PM
Sep 2019
That ending sequence was awesome
Nov 8, 2022 9:25 PM

Aug 2019

1. The episode delivered absolutely everything we wanted, most anime seems to play against the audience itself, makes us want something more and more and never delivers, this one did. Twice, with bonus.
  2. Our boy Denji, without ever having read anything in his life, concluded one of the most incredible philosophical deductions there is, taking the Schopenhauer pill and paraphrasing "Life is a constant oscillation between the craving to have and the boredom of having." (not in those words) from The Vanity of Existence.
  3. Then Makima gives a Monogatari moment where "sensuality / sexuality is not in sex itself or in the erogenous zones but in the person, in the moment, in the form and in the context, where even brushing your teeth can become something extremely perverted.
  4. 9/11 reference?
  5. Climbing stairs and coming out from below? It doesn't surprise me that the ending is completely filled with references to M.C. Escher, this ED is >beautiful< not only in the images but in the excellent music.

CSM never ceases to amaze in quality and script, proving itself to be the anime of the year with each episode.
ZamielPayneNov 8, 2022 9:41 PM

Nov 8, 2022 9:32 PM

Jul 2016
Of course the Gun Devil came from the U.S. Wonder if a supposed "Drug Devil" would be from Latin America now...

But man, the teenage horniness was real during the first half. Makima's teasing almost made MC bust a nut.
Still liked how the whole sequence was directed tho. Very erotic indeed.

So... "Endless-Eight Devil" next episode...?
Nov 8, 2022 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
HungryForQuality said:
grandy_UiD said:
The boob grab scene just confirmed once and for all that Makima's voice is ludicrously terrible. I just had to mention it again, for the last time. I know I will get jumped by delusional people who defend it, claiming it's perfect for tricking people into believing she is not a manipulator (despite her never trying to trick anyone into thinking that, ever), but whatever.

Nah, fanboys are just salty because Makima doesn't have an "ara ara" mommy voice.
Nov 8, 2022 9:55 PM
Feb 2019
KOBENIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2022 9:57 PM
Mar 2020
So far the adaptation feels like a classic Quentin Tarantino film. Great blend of immersive worldbuilding, relatable and lovable characters and high-intense action.
Nov 8, 2022 10:07 PM

Jul 2013
I wasn't quite sure what to expect, when we got back to the"Denji is about to fondle Power's chest" part. Not sure why exactly, but watching it made me uncomfortable. I laughed so hard at Denji's "That's it?" and also his mental state afterwards, where he still didn't understood what even happened, because it's so relatable.

In complete contrast to that, the moment Denji had with Makima was definitely the hottest scene I've ever witnessed in anime so far. I think almost over the whole duration I was holding my breath. You're such a lucky guy Denji.

With the way Makima was talking about the Gun Devil, he's one of the biggest threads out there. The fact that another devil gets stronger just by eating a part of him is crazy enough. I really don't want to imagine, what it must look like, when you face him in a 1v1. We also got to learn more about Aki's past and how he developed such deep hatred towards the Devils. Such a tragedy what happened to his family.
Makima granting Denji any wish in case of a successful kill on the Gun Devil, makes it even more interesting + Denji got a new motivation and goal he wants to reach.

I love Ise Mariya and the way she's voicing Himeno. Himeno's offer of a French kiss made Denji forget everything, which was easily to hear in his stupid laugh afterwards. Nonetheless super funny scene :D
Another little flashback of Himeno and Aki's first meeting at a graveyard was shown. Must have been hard for her losing 5 partners before. Aki's seems to be an exception, but only time will tell if it stays like that. Himeno has such a cool ability. Having control over a Ghost Devil seems busted if you ask me. Power seemed like a little kid to me when she got choked by Himeno.

The ending got pretty mysterious and it looks a lot like our group got caught in some sort of loop, most likely caused by a Devil.

I'm very curious how it will continue.

Nov 8, 2022 10:16 PM
Jul 2019
Ok, so Denji was able to touch some boobs , so why the fuzz?

O wonder if Makima is setiing her own team uo.
Nov 8, 2022 11:17 PM

Aug 2018
Denji did it, he touched Power's chest. But he was not convinced. And Makima helped him with that, and now he was satisfied xd
Well, now the fourth unit have a mission in a hotel. And Himeno promised something to Denji. Now, he has a new target xd
Good chapter.
Fifth ending, Syudou - "In the Back Room".
It was really good.

Here, many images xd

Nov 8, 2022 11:26 PM

Jun 2019
my favourite episode so far, bc of the plot progression.
Nov 8, 2022 11:28 PM
Feb 2022
it was soooooo good dude yeahhh
Nov 8, 2022 11:33 PM
Nov 2021
After Ep 1, I didn't like anything. Seriously, what am I watching a hentai dude as a main cast doing action here and there.
And why are women around here keen on giving him all erotic attention. I smell fanservice. And here I was hoping for a good story and all. Denji and Power are the most annoying characters in the show if you ask me.
Nov 8, 2022 11:35 PM
Dec 2021
amazing , mindblowing, lifechanging
Nov 8, 2022 11:37 PM
Aug 2022
The visuals are stunning.
Nov 8, 2022 11:59 PM

May 2019
This is getting more interesting and I like the variety of scenes including action, comedy, and some sensualness. It was funny how Denji was disappointed by fondling Power but Makima blew him away. Talk about giving newfound motivation to Denji! Himeno was not to be outdone after Denji dismissed her as a French kiss is another incentive.

Walking through the hotel did give an uneasy feeling knowing there's a demon that can somehow manipulate the floors. Definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 9, 2022 12:04 AM

Aug 2019
Damn this mangaka is pretty based for letting Denji actually get action with girls instead of there being a last second interruption or excuse like with most anime.

Also that black haired dude (not Aki) is most definitely dying. His design is too generic to be kept alive.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

781 by XxSkullPistolzxX »»
Apr 19, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1015 by dgashti »»
Apr 19, 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.