Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Arc System Works Club and Co.'s Tourney Listings (SSF4 Summer Kickoff Tournament Sign-ups are OPEN!)

New
May 3, 2010 6:56 PM

Aug 2008
Well, since I thought that posting a topic only revolving around the SSFIV Tourney I thought about would conflict with the purpose of the club, I decided to broaden it up to tournaments that I might likely host in the future after this first one. I cannot guarantee each of them will be successful, but I will be doing my best to organize these tournaments.

Little Story of These MAL Tourneys

Well, out of boredom, I, darkninja_loki (or darkninja21 in PSN), have decided to host some tourneys that we at MAL and other affiliates can enjoy. These tournaments may include a prize while some may not. I cannot guarantee the success, but I'll do my best. After all, I'm still just an inexperience kid.

Upcoming Tournaments

Here are the listings for the upcoming MAL ArcSysWorks Club and Co.'s tournaments:
(Note: The dates will be edited later on when I confirm a good time to start up the tournament. Once the tournament starts, signing up will no longer be available.)

Remember, those dates may be changed or removed due to some problems or changes. I can't guarantee we'll get through all events safely. We gotta take breaks once in a while, you know.

A few things to remember

-I am not going to guarantee that you get a prize when I mention that you 'might' get one if you win the tournament.
-These tournaments are for the soul purpose of fun. You can get serious about this, but please show some good sportsmanship.
-Don't treat this like any big tournaments like EVO. This is just a little tournament a young boy came up with in order to kill boredom.
-Unfortunately, I can only host PS3/PSN tournaments. Sorry, 360 players. However, if one of you are willing to, you can hold your own tournament. I'd be willing to help out with that so long as we can pull it off.
-The tourneys are open to both this club's members AND some affiliates. However, if a friend is interesting in participating, make sure you let me know as soon as you can so I can add him/her into the bracket BEFORE we run out of open spaces. If there are more people who are willing to join though, I might be able to compromise.
-I am not held responsible for you breaking your TV, injuring your hands, or anything you do during the tourney period.

Super Street Fighter IV Summer Kickoff Tournament

Tournament Rules

-Sign-ups begin from now until July 5 or at a later date. Remember, you can still sign-up as long as I haven't posted a marker that says 'Stop. Sign-ups for this tournament is now closed' or something along the lines.

-The tournament will last about two weeks. At that time, it is up to everyone to organize their matches since I can't monitor everyone.

-The winner of a bout MUST PM me (either on MAL or on PSN) about their triumphant victory as soon as they can so I can update the brackets.

-Spectators are welcome to spectate matches as long as both of competitors agree to let them watch.

-The Tournament will follow a double elimination rule.

-Each fights must be a best 2 out of 3 matches that have 2 rounds. In other words, you have to win 2 out of 3 games. These games must have 3 rounds total (2 wins out of 3). For any confusion about the wording, let me know.

-You can change characters but you can only change twice in the whole tournament.

-The winner of the tournament will gain bragging rights and other privileges that he can boast to other members.

-I need EVERYONE'S cooperation. If you see someone breaking the rules, let me know or at least do something about it in case I might not be around.

-Sign-ups are on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis. If we reach 24 and you're too late, you better hope we get another person to join so I can add you along the bracket. Plus, you have to sign up BEFORE the marked date of the tourney.

How to Sign Up

Fill in this form:

PSN ID:
Main(s):
Affiliations(what places you go to. i.e. SRK forums, GameFAQs, MAL):

Competitors

Format: Entry #) PSN ID - Main - Affiliations

Sign-ups for the SSFIV Tournament is now closed. However, there are more tournaments to come if you didn't get to join this one.

How to Contact Me

PM me in MAL or on PSN
Access the 'MAL and Co. Fight Club' chat room on PSN (you might have to ask someone with access to the chat room for an invitation.)
email me: ralphrnz_cstillo@yahoo.com (I hardly go on. Mostly once a week I check my emails.)
AIM: pnoyninja21 (I hardly go on but I might sometimes.)
Facebook (yeah, good luck with that, bud. psst...my email is a hint to get my name.)

Closing Notes

-Replays are more than welcome to be shared.
-Flowchart Characters are acceptable, but not guaranteed to win.
-It doesn't matter whether you use a FightStick or a simple controller.
-Sorry 360 players. Ask someone to host one for you, I'll help along with that.
-Prizes that might be obtained will most likely be a virtually redeemable prize. I'll try to see if I can ship/mail a 'real' prize. But expect it to be cheap or something because I'm not going hardcore on this and have a $100+ worth prize.
-No, I'm not gonna host any kind of Super Smash Brothers tournament.
-Yes, I'm not just limited to BlazBlue and Street Fighter. I can also host other games so long as I manage to get my hands on it.

Reminder: Always refer to the first page for updates. I might also mention in a post that I just updated the first post.
darkninja_lokiJun 18, 2010 1:42 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 3, 2010 7:15 PM

Apr 2008
PSN ID: DrewTheDude
Main(s): Sagat, Hakan, El Fuerte, Balrog, Cammy, Dan, Sakura, Juri, Ibuki, Fei Long, Ryu
Affiliations: MAL, Gamespot, SRK, KW, Xenolegacy, Facebook, Deviantart, youtube, TGWTG, Spoony Experiment, Last FM
DrewTheDudeMay 4, 2010 6:33 AM
May 3, 2010 7:49 PM

Sep 2007
Placing a Sticky tag on this because the idea is awesome.

PSN: Chitsuki
Main(s): Guy, Cody.
Affiliations: MAL, Playfire, GameFAQs, IGN.
May 3, 2010 7:55 PM

Aug 2007
PSN ID: Ka-ru-ra
Main(s): Ibuki, Dhalsim, Honda, Abel, Cammy, Balrog, Juri (I HAVEN'T DECIDED)
Affiliations: last.fm, SRK, MAL, Giantbomb, Dustloop, hypebeast, FACEBOOK NIGGA
May 3, 2010 8:01 PM

Apr 2007
I'll have more to write on about this later. In the meantime, dozo.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/
May 3, 2010 8:04 PM

Aug 2008
I already got that covered. I randomized the brackets. And here's a hint: your entry number really matters where you are on the bracket.

I'll show the bracket once sign ups are done and finalized. I wouldn't want anyone to try and scheme a plot to get a certain entry number and obtain a specific spot of the bracket
May 3, 2010 8:04 PM

Sep 2007
PSN ID: naikou42
Main(s): Makoto
Affiliations: MAL, backloggery
May 3, 2010 8:05 PM

May 2009
PSN ID: weika77
Main(s): Makoto, Cody, Akuma, Ryu, Dudley
Affiliations: MAL, SRK, GameFAQs, Melty Bread (oops forgot)
weikaMay 3, 2010 11:41 PM
May 3, 2010 11:29 PM

Apr 2007
PSN ID: MM805
Main(s): ? ? ?
Affiliations: MAL, SRK, MeltyBread, Tales Forum, shrine-write...!

If you need any help of sort loki I'm willing to help.

Grand finals (dude who hasn't lost yet vs guy who made it out of loser's bracket) should be best 3/5 rounds I believe.

I think another "standard" rule is the loser of a round can switch but the winner has to keep the same character so long as they keep winning. Usually in games with multiple versions of characters (Ultra I & II), that can be switched as often as desired however.
ExcielMay 3, 2010 11:33 PM
May 4, 2010 2:20 AM

Nov 2007
PSN ID: Shino1337
Main(s): Butterfly Slicer aka Juri, (maybe Ryu)
Affiliations: MAL, backloggery, dustloop, SRK, hardedge

I'm pretty sure that Baka wants to participate, too. I'll tell him to post here.
May 4, 2010 4:32 PM

Aug 2008
Well, that's eight down and...*counts*...16 more participants to go.

Just go on and ask around your affiliates if they're interested. Then when they say they are, have them fill out that form and send their completed form to me.

And since this is mainly for the MAL club...anyone wants to volunteer to send the entire Club a message notification about the tourneys here on MAL?
darkninja_lokiMay 4, 2010 6:38 PM
May 4, 2010 8:03 PM

Sep 2007
darkninja_loki said:
And since this is mainly for the MAL club...anyone wants to volunteer to send the entire Club a message notification about the tourneys here on MAL?
You'd have to get Massaki to do that, he's the only one with admin privileges.
May 4, 2010 8:44 PM

Apr 2007
Wouldn't a 16 or 32 entry tournament be better or am I doing my math wrong?
May 4, 2010 9:12 PM

Sep 2007
True, true.

I'll do it first thing tomorrow.

You might want to go and post this on the Games Discussion in here? Pretty sure there are more people playing them than just in our little club.
May 4, 2010 10:36 PM

Aug 2007
Wtf? I don't want to play Balrog; fuck that nigga.
May 5, 2010 7:28 AM

Dec 2006
PSN ID: MistressSheena
Main(s): Ibuki and Chun-Li
Affiliations: MAL, GameFaqs
May 5, 2010 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
PSN ID: Mino1337
Main(s): Dudley
Affiliations: MAL, hardedge, backloggery
May 5, 2010 12:06 PM
Nov 2007
PSN ID : Bakafish1337
Main: Cody
Affiliations: MAL, hardedge,backloggery

Let`s see if cannot do something about my boredom.

edit: 1st post, yeah! 8)
May 5, 2010 3:43 PM
Jan 2009
wow you are niggers

if anyone here even has a 360 i'll run a 360 tournament

so i'll post my info

GT: NGE KrazyTiger
Affiliations: SRK (mzenken), MAL, DustLoop, Tekken Zaibatsu, Facebook, YouTube, Melty-Bread (mzenken), GameFAQs, Smogon (mzenken)

wherever i go by mzenken instead i have listed
May 6, 2010 10:08 AM

Apr 2007
I barely practice so I'll no doubt lose early on but whatever! !

PSN ID: SeintMyon
Main(s): Dudley, Cody, Gouken
Affiliations: MAL, Youtube
May 10, 2010 4:25 PM

Aug 2008
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=362447

Well, since it doesn't look like we'll be getting any more people joining soon, I guess I'll go set up the bracket now. I randomized the pairs. How? Well, I took all your entry numbers and did a little shuffling and picking.

Note: This doesn't mean sign-ups are closed. If you or someone still needs/wants/has to sign-up, sign-ups are still open until May 14
May 14, 2010 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
Well, since it's already that day...

THE SIGN-UPS FOR THIS TOURNEY ARE NOW CLOSED. THOSE WHO ARE IN IT, PROCEED TO GETTING IN TOUCH WITH YOUR OPPONENTS AND FIGURE OUT A GOOD TIME TO PLAY. ONCE SOMEONE LOSES or wins PM ME IN EITHER PSN OR MAL.

Happy Tournament-ing, guys...and girl.
Jun 18, 2010 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
Alright, since Tournament mode is now on SSFIV...

SIGN-UPS FOR THE SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV SUMMER KICKOFF TOURNEY STARTS. SIGN-UP PROCESS IS THE SAME LIKE ALWAYS.
Jun 18, 2010 1:57 PM

Apr 2007
me,ken,etc.
Jun 18, 2010 3:08 PM

Aug 2007
playing ruuuuuuuu
Jun 18, 2010 4:04 PM

Apr 2008
Me, SUPER DYNAMIC COOKING TIME!
Jun 19, 2010 10:11 AM

May 2009
SEICHUSEN GOD-
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Fave character ( 1 2 )

DrewTheDude - May 1, 2008

63 by Figma »»
Dec 3, 2012 11:15 PM

» No persona 4 mayonaka arena thread?

RyuRobin - Feb 14, 2012

3 by Shafflame »»
Feb 20, 2012 1:52 PM

» OCCUPY ARC SYSTEM WORKS CLUB

zenzen-navi - Dec 31, 2011

3 by Canadianfag »»
Feb 17, 2012 11:38 AM

Sticky: » BBCS Q/A Thread.

Fireryda - Jun 23, 2010

20 by TALLDARKnPHANTOM »»
Sep 7, 2011 10:21 PM

» Battle Fantasia

WingedHao - Dec 26, 2009

10 by mattskell »»
Jun 7, 2011 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.