Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2022 9:09 PM
Oct 2021
Not peak as in its going downhill from here, but like... man I cant imagine or ever remember One Piece ever being as exciting as this movie. The music, the colors, the animation quality, the emotions.. you truly go through an experience when you watch this movie.

While its story isnt better than some other parts of One Piece, I think this is without a doubt the most fun, entertaining content to come out of One Piece.

It felt like an Avengers movie with so many different groups of people coming together in it as well.
Candy:
Nov 6, 2022 9:21 PM
Aug 2022
For now yes it is it can definitely be surpassed though
Nov 6, 2022 9:32 PM
May 2020
No it is not the peak of one piece in my personal opinion one piece has not reached its true peak yet
Nov 6, 2022 11:37 PM
Apr 2022
Tinton990 said:
No it is not the peak of one piece in my personal opinion one piece has not reached its true peak yet

Agreed ( character limit)
Nov 6, 2022 11:40 PM

Feb 2020
onionboys said:

It felt like an Avengers movie with so many different groups of people coming together in it as well.

Not seen red yet. But Isn't stampede like this?
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 6, 2022 11:50 PM

Jun 2016
Adampk said:
onionboys said:

Red is similar to Stampede (anniversary film bringing a lot of popular side characters together) but way better.
Stampede felt like a meaningless and soulless cashgrab that was written by a committee while Red has a decent story, good villain and well shot action and music sequencess.
And a final battle that's Macross Frontier without the robots (aka pretty good)
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 7, 2022 12:03 AM

Feb 2020
Theo1899 said:
Adampk said:

Red is similar to Stampede (anniversary film bringing a lot of popular side characters together) but way better.
Stampede felt like a meaningless and soulless cashgrab that was written by a committee while Red has a decent story, good villain and well shot action and music sequencess.
And a final battle that's Macross Frontier without the robots (aka pretty good)

that's nice. because i don't like stampede all that much
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 7, 2022 2:17 AM
Apr 2020
I thought it was ok, definitely not peak one piece though
Nov 7, 2022 5:18 AM
Apr 2016
As a musical, I would say so.
Nov 7, 2022 5:47 AM
Dec 2021
it was good but the final was peaak šŸ
Nov 7, 2022 6:36 AM
Feb 2022
Idk about peak, but so far it’s one of the best One Piece films released. I think the only people that won’t enjoy it, are the ones that get bothered by the music/singing.. I myself, loved the music, got them all saved up on Spotify lmao.

But like stated above, the villain, the story, the last fight, the characters involved and the emotion, all of it. Is outstanding.
Nov 7, 2022 7:05 AM
Dec 2021
maybe this movie was really great
Nov 7, 2022 9:57 PM
Oct 2021
Pubejoy said:
Idk about peak, but so far it’s one of the best One Piece films released. I think the only people that won’t enjoy it, are the ones that get bothered by the music/singing.. I myself, loved the music, got them all saved up on Spotify lmao.

But like stated above, the villain, the story, the last fight, the characters involved and the emotion, all of it. Is outstanding.

to me a lot of the problem with one piece arcs is they tend to be 100 episodes, and so a lot of the arc is fairly ehh. its the same issue with hxh chimera arc, the first half is really bad, 2nd half is good.

film red is 2 hours of epicness tho
Candy:
Nov 10, 2022 5:36 AM
Mar 2021
I hope not, personally still think the best emotional moment is in the Baron film. And for fight coreography this films does not bring much to the table. For me where RED really shines is in creating an OVA where the protagonist is a new character, maybe that was not the bet execution, but new movies with that idea could be great.
Nov 10, 2022 6:23 AM
Sep 2018
Story coming in was strong

Movie was one piece but should be called red haired pirates family affairs

We see a tiny flash of what is to come which really is a disappointment to me but probably for the better in the long run of the emotions to come

We see a cast of many fan favorites from the past

Music was definitely the most peak with the visuals they use

I rated the actual movie a 6.4 if I never watched one piece I would rate it a 7.4 I really did like the beginning act that lures you in it gives you a taste of that emotion coming in

The movie itself was more fun than emotional for me
Nov 13, 2022 2:56 AM
Dec 2020
liked the movie a lot but still think that strong world, z and stampede are better. this one is better than gold tho. the old one piece movies are great too but they feel different, they are more about the atmosphere and story telling so im only comparing these big blockbuster avengers-like movies
Nov 13, 2022 4:35 PM

Aug 2012
"My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined."

I didn't see any info before watching this movie, besides Shanks being involved, and it is anime in theaters so I had to go to support it.

But oh boy, the singing, Uta, the writing...

I'll pretend I didn't watch it.
Dec 3, 2022 12:19 AM
Oct 2021
No.. it is not the peak of one piece in my personal opinion one piece has not reached its true peak yet(2)

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Film: Red Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Aug 5, 2022

252 by Dani_1fssh »»
Apr 16, 7:44 AM

» Is this the worst one piece movie? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Mar 10, 2023

69 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Best Film Red Song (Since the movie is now out on streaming services)

Cestlavie_ - Mar 7, 2023

18 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 PM

» So where is Kyuubey???

Hitagi__Furude - Mar 11, 2023

5 by Lightzter »»
Mar 13, 2023 9:47 PM

» One Piece FILM RED is Confirmed to be 4th Highest-Grossing Anime Film Worldwide!

Ridzaxster - Feb 17, 2023

8 by yonkoakagami4 »»
Mar 12, 2023 6:59 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.