Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2022 4:12 AM

Apr 2012
It looks like Uma Musume really set their sights on a fruitful development of the franchise and this clearly has good feedback. But what do you personally think? How popular is it in the West and are you waiting for the new season yourself?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 6, 2022 4:18 AM
Nov 2016
more horse racing for me, pog
Nov 6, 2022 4:18 AM
Jul 2021
I'm very excited! :D Uma Musume is so underrated!
Nov 6, 2022 4:27 AM

Feb 2016
This franchise is almost unknown outside Japan, but very popular at home.

Is it really confirmed that Tokai Teiō and Mejiro McQueen will be main characters in season 3? I can't find a source to verify that assumption MAL has done. Sounds a bit odd if it's correct, when they usually are switching main characters each season.
Nov 6, 2022 4:29 AM

Apr 2012
Teisatsu said:
This franchise is almost unknown outside Japan, but very popular at home.

Is it really confirmed that Tokai Teiō and Mejiro McQueen will be main characters in season 3? I can't find a source to verify that assumption MAL has done. Sounds a bit odd if it's correct, when they usually are switching main characters each season.

Maybe for a start the moderators just copied information from the second season, I don't know.

Do you think it's almost unpopular in the West? Weird, I thought at least the shippers were attracted to it, although after the PAWORKS changes the show became almost chaste.
Nov 6, 2022 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
Teisatsu said:

It would be nearly impossible to do so and continue the tradition of being faithful to actual race results, with obvious exceptions (RIP Silence Suzuka and Rice Shower.) I'd expect the two youngsters we followed throughout season 2 to get the focus in season 3.
Nov 6, 2022 4:44 AM

Feb 2020
Nice surprise. I'm really excited about this.
Nov 6, 2022 5:31 AM
Jul 2020
Where's the game? I want the game. 3 seasons of anime and still no global version
Nov 6, 2022 5:34 AM
Jul 2020
luckyunbiased said:
Teisatsu said:

It would be nearly impossible to do so and continue the tradition of being faithful to actual race results, with obvious exceptions (RIP Silence Suzuka and Rice Shower.) I'd expect the two youngsters we followed throughout season 2 to get the focus in season 3.
kitasan black is a support card in the game iirc which has a grown up version of her so it is very possible that is true or we could get an adaptation of Cinderella gray (manga) which I'm really hoping gets adapated soon
Nov 6, 2022 5:34 AM

Oct 2014
I'm excited. S2 was amazing. MAL's already listed McQueen and Teio as the MCs of this one. I'd love to see more of them, they're both great girls, but if they continue the trend of focusing on different girls every season that would be cool too.
Nov 6, 2022 5:42 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was awesome to wake up to, it’s probably true this isn’t popular in the west but it’s definitely popular with me lol
Nov 6, 2022 5:42 AM

Jul 2017
WOW, A SEASON 3?

CyGames is digging this hard, and more Uma Musume is good for the health.
Nov 6, 2022 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
I actually just watched the live event where this was announced last night with some friends who keep up with the game story. The two seasons of the anime are pretty much the extent of this generation’s/team’s stories within the game (technically Gold Ship had some more going on but Cygames hasn’t gotten the rights to those horses), so my bet is on Kitasan and Diamond getting the spotlight.
Nov 6, 2022 5:52 AM

Feb 2021
Wow this is very unexpected. Season 1 is great but season 2 is a bit meh with all the continuous drama for Teo, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I’m excited who will the main character be. I’m guessing or well I’m hoping it’s Rice Shower and a different horse girl. Mihono Bourbon can work too.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 6, 2022 5:56 AM

Apr 2012
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
Wow this is very unexpected. Season 1 is great but season 2 is a bit meh with all the continuous drama for Teo, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I’m excited who will the main character be. I’m guessing or well I’m hoping it’s Rice Shower and a different horse girl. Mihono Bourbon can work too.

My guess is that they will continue to build on the girl x girl rivalry as that was the most successful formula in the first and especially in the second season.
Nov 6, 2022 6:06 AM

Feb 2021
RobertBobert said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

My guess is that they will continue to build on the girl x girl rivalry as that was the most successful formula in the first and especially in the second season.
if that’s the case Rice Shower and Mihono Bourbon would fit the theme even better (from what I remember Rice Shower adored Mihono). Unless they want all Team Spica(?) to compete with each other.

Nov 6, 2022 6:12 AM

May 2018
Hype, last season was great I really love to watch another season.

Nov 6, 2022 6:14 AM

Apr 2012
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
RobertBobert said:

if that’s the case Rice Shower and Mihono Bourbon would fit the theme even better (from what I remember Rice Shower adored Mihono). Unless they want all Team Spica(?) to compete with each other.

Well, it's a typical all-female show with minimal fan service, so I think a 1v1 rivalry would be the most obvious solution for that. It seems that nowadays even the Bushi have realized that chaste shows with a good strong story and character development sell waifu bait franchises much better than the older fan service ship bait.
Nov 6, 2022 6:22 AM

Sep 2016
RobertBobert said:
typical all-female show

Uma Musume S2 is one of the most hot-blooded sports anime to exist
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 6, 2022 6:24 AM

Apr 2012
GangsterCat said:
RobertBobert said:
typical all-female show

Does that somehow prevent it from being a typical all-female show?
Nov 6, 2022 6:26 AM
Mar 2020
I haven't even seen season 2 and season 3 is already here?! Dang!
Nov 6, 2022 6:26 AM

Sep 2016
[quote=RobertBobert message=67909245]
GangsterCat said:
RobertBobert said:
typical all-female show

Does that somehow prevent it from being a typical all-female show?[/quote
yeah
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 6, 2022 6:29 AM
Jan 2021
Season one was my guilty pleasure for that anime season. I was surprised by how invested I became in the characters and the race outcomes.
Season two was entertaining, but not as enthralling as season one (imho).
I'm hoping season three will deliver, because I'll definitely watch it. :)
Nov 6, 2022 6:29 AM

Apr 2012
[quote=GangsterCat message=67909259]
RobertBobert said:
GangsterCat said:

yeah

How? Do you deny that a sports show can be a typical all-female show? How?
Nov 6, 2022 6:30 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I want to see Team Canopus story for season 3, though with how Kitasan Black And Satono Diamond entered Tracen Academy in season 2 it's possible they might be the center of the story.
AntagonizedNov 6, 2022 3:15 PM
Nov 6, 2022 6:31 AM

Sep 2016
[quote=RobertBobert message=67909282]
GangsterCat said:
RobertBobert said:

yeah

describe "typical all-female show"
Uma Musume defies all stereotypes
CrossAnge

Nov 6, 2022 6:34 AM

Apr 2012
[quote=GangsterCat message=67909303]
RobertBobert said:
GangsterCat said:

describe "typical all-female show"
Uma Musume defies all stereotypes

What stereotypes? Dude, do you even know what we're talking about? A typical all-female show is a typical all-female cast show. It literally can be anything except that it's only female characters.
Nov 6, 2022 6:35 AM

Apr 2018
i was just rewatching the first two seasons, so good to know there is a new one coming.

considering the special was about the little girls (black and diamond) growing up, im guessing the third season could be about them.
Nov 6, 2022 6:37 AM

Apr 2019
> Expectations

More broken legs, lol
Nov 6, 2022 7:34 AM

Dec 2014
best anime, instant 10/10

Nov 6, 2022 8:05 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know what to expect but aslong as we get more Twin Turbo I'm happy :)
Nov 6, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2016
RobertBobert said:
Do you think it's almost unpopular in the West? Weird, I thought at least the shippers were attracted to it, although after the PAWORKS changes the show became almost chaste.

Not weird in any way. I don't think anything about the subject, nor have an opinion about this. I'm just stating facts, that the game still unfortunately isn't released in English, and the figures doesn't sell very well outside of Japan. I personally will buy all of the figures in school uniform of course, and I already have bought many of them.
On conventions not many people here in Europe know anything about the Uma Musume franchise. But I really hope it's going to be a lot more known and popular in the future.
Nov 6, 2022 8:53 AM

Apr 2012
Teisatsu said:
RobertBobert said:

Not weird in any way. I don't think anything about the subject, nor have an opinion about this. I'm just stating facts, that the game still unfortunately isn't released in English, and the figures doesn't sell very well outside of Japan. I personally will buy all of the figures in school uniform of course, and I already have bought many of them.
On conventions not many people here in Europe know anything about the Uma Musume franchise. But I really hope it's going to be a lot more known and popular in the future.

So you're saying that all these people had absolutely no interest in the franchise other than a brief shiping or occasional anime viewing due to all-female fanservice?
Nov 6, 2022 10:30 AM

Feb 2016
RobertBobert said:

So you're saying that all these people had absolutely no interest in the franchise other than a brief shiping or occasional anime viewing due to all-female fanservice?

"So you're saying..." isn't a rather nice argument technic, don't you agree?

I have no idea what kind of opinions you are trying to pin on me. Nor do I know these people you're talking about.
I'm just stating facts from my end, that the show unfortunately isn't very known in the west. Yet. I hope it changes of course.
TeisatsuNov 6, 2022 10:37 AM
Nov 6, 2022 11:17 AM

Jul 2008
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

S2 is the the highest (?) selling TV anime of all time. This was extremely expected, lol.
Nov 6, 2022 11:32 AM
Sep 2011
Season 3 felt inevitable, but I'm still very excited about this news! Season 2 was incredible. The McQueen / Teio arc was one of the best dual protagonist stories I've ever seen. I suspect season 3 will continue on to another group of characters, probably ones outside of team Spica this time. It's odd that Teio and McQueen are already listed... As much as I love them, I don't think they'll be the main characters again. Kitasan Black and a few others are quite popular, so I could see them easily leading the charge this time.

UPDATE: It was just announced that Season 3 will center around TM Opera O, Admire Vega, Narita Top Road, and others I am unfamiliar with, haha
Nov 6, 2022 11:37 AM

Mar 2021
I'm so excited! I hope this brings Uma Musume to the west more since it's not very popular here
Nov 6, 2022 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
Gar_Logan said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

S2 is the the highest (?) selling TV anime of all time. This was extremely expected, lol.

LOL what? Where did you get this information from? The anime sold well thanks to the invested bonuses for other Cygames titles, but it certainly wasn't the best-selling show.

Teisatsu said:
RobertBobert said:

"So you're saying..." isn't a rather nice argument technic, don't you agree?

I have no idea what kind of opinions you are trying to pin on me. Nor do I know these people you're talking about.
I'm just stating facts from my end, that the show unfortunately isn't very known in the west. Yet. I hope it changes of course.

I am not using any arguments. I'm just trying to understand why you're ignoring the sheer interest in the franchise from the all-female fanservice crowd.
Nov 6, 2022 12:11 PM

Jul 2008
RobertBobert said:
Gar_Logan said:

LOL what? Where did you get this information from? The anime sold well thanks to the invested bonuses for other Cygames titles, but it certainly wasn't the best-selling show.

Disc Sales per volume:

1: 216,459
2: 196,776
3: 184,935
4: 181,613
Nov 6, 2022 12:18 PM

Apr 2012
Gar_Logan said:
RobertBobert said:

Disc Sales per volume:

Code Geass was selling over a million DVDs in the late 00s. Most recently, the entire anime adaptation of Demon Slayer combined cost $10 million. What makes you think that this is the best selling anime? And as I said before, the disc edition of Uma Musume is infamous for Cygames including bonuses for their games in the box.
Nov 6, 2022 12:35 PM

Jul 2008
RobertBobert said:
Gar_Logan said:

Disc Sales per volume:

Code Geass was selling over a million DVDs in the late 00s. Most recently, the entire anime adaptation of Demon Slayer combined cost $10 million. What makes you think that this is the best selling anime? And as I said before, the disc edition of Uma Musume is infamous for Cygames including bonuses for their games in the box.

Not sure what you are arguing. I'm saying that in terms of disc sales (numbers), Uma Musume S2 is the highest-selling TV anime of all time. Code Geass's highest selling volume sold around 62,527 copies.

I'm also not arguing WHY something sold well, or the quality. Love Live also sells very well because they bundle bonuses relating to getting live concert tickets. All I'm saying is that Uma Musume sold incredibly well, so a third anime season was inevitable. Not sure why that is a point of contention.
Nov 6, 2022 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
Gar_Logan said:
RobertBobert said:

Not sure what you are arguing. I'm saying that in terms of disc sales (numbers), Uma Musume S2 is the highest-selling TV anime of all time. Code Geass's highest selling volume sold around 62,527 copies.

I'm also not arguing WHY something sold well, or the quality. Love Live also sells very well because they bundle bonuses relating to getting live concert tickets. All I'm saying is that Uma Musume sold incredibly well, so a third anime season was inevitable. Not sure why that is a point of contention.

Initially, you stated that this is the most selling show at all. And I highly doubt that even two seasons together could bring in more than a million with such sales. And this is clearly not the most successful sales on discs, I have seen shows that sold for 300 or even 400 hundred thousand per disc. For example, in 2020 https://erzat.blog/anime-industry-report-2021-part-3-the-crumbling-videogram-market-but-is-there-still-hope/ there were overall sales easily overtook Uma Musume.

Lol, no. Love Live has always sold extremely well because it's one of the most iconic franchises of the 00s. To claim that they need bonuses for high sales is simply ridiculous. While Cygames manipulation of sales was noted even by fans of the series in old discussions. One way or another, the decision on new adaptations of such titles is determined not so much by the success of the anime, but by the success of the original game.
RobertBobertNov 6, 2022 2:24 PM
Nov 6, 2022 2:22 PM

Feb 2017
i think twin turbo is a likely protagonist
i want an oguri cap story but she already has her own manga (i really want a cingray anime bros)

my greatest wish is just to see umas who haven't been animated yet like seeking the pearl or marvelous sunday, or ones that appeared once and didnt do a whole lot like tachyon or air shakur
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Nov 6, 2022 2:35 PM
Oct 2013
Yes, another season!!! Finally a good news.
Nov 6, 2022 3:06 PM

Feb 2021
Gar_Logan said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

Really? I didn’t know that. Well I still didn’t expect season 3 to come either way.

Nov 6, 2022 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
Gar_Logan said:

Really? I didn’t know that. Well I still didn’t expect season 3 to come either way.

It was the second best selling show last year. But I doubt about "all times".
Nov 6, 2022 3:39 PM
Nov 2019
To me season 1 was fine and enjoyable which is impressive given it was only an add for the mobile game. Season 2 on the other hand was a trainwreck for so many reasons and so unenjoyable, I am genuinely shocked they are making a 3rd season.
But I guess it was inevitable to get a S3 since the game is massively popular and makes a lot of money in Japan, or (and I'm not entirely sure on this but) S3 could be promotion for a global release of the game.

Either way, my expectations are low for this season.
Nov 6, 2022 3:43 PM

Jun 2019
Do you guys think there's going to be Mayano Top Gun in this season?
I like girls with horns
Nov 6, 2022 3:44 PM

Jun 2019
RobertBobert said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

This, also apparently it was because the blurays had codes for the game in them.
I like girls with horns
Nov 6, 2022 3:45 PM

Apr 2012
Laesx said:
RobertBobert said:

This, also apparently it was because the blurays had codes for the game in them.

Cygames do this a lot, I've heard the same about Princess Connect. Anyway, I enjoyed both shows.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Dec 27, 2023

51 by lasodamos »»
Mar 18, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Nov 29, 2023

36 by lasodamos »»
Mar 16, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2023

36 by lasodamos »»
Mar 12, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Oct 4, 2023

59 by lasodamos »»
Mar 10, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion

Xanek - Nov 22, 2023

20 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Feb 14, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.