Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2022 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
EXTRA CHAPTER IS OUT T_T I posted this wall of text on a private group but decided to share it here as well in case anyone wants to know more or less what's happening in this chapter!

"Unfortunately I'm out of time this weekend so I just zoomed through the pages, but I already cried a lot lol
Mizusawa has some new members! T_T Hanano had her heart broken and thinks a lot about Arata because he did too (she also wonders how Chihaya and Taichi feels about the matter). They take the same train here and there and Hanano notices it, but he doesn't, so one day she asks him how can she become good at karuta and ends up going to train with him lol much to her despair. But she is able to get "Hanano" from him and he says"As expected from a girl from Mizusawa!"
They go to their first match as a new team and have no info about the enemy team, so they choose the 3 strongest players, then decide the two others by paper, rock, scissors. One of the new guys, Nagara-kun, is surprised by it, and when they end up losing (because Tamaru, who they expected to win loses her game), Nagara-kun gets really mad saying they didn't really wanted to win and that Mizusawa wasn't supposed to be like that, etc. He admired the former team and is upset. This makes Hanano cry a lot at home and wishes she was Chihaya because Chihaya never faltered at anything. Her brother (I assume it's her brother) is surprised by it since he thought Hanano would be crying about boys so he says she's a full-fledged karuta-idiot now lol (SO CUTE!)
Then they're getting together for their next match as a team, but Nagara-kun, who didn't know anything about the clothes Mizusawa wears to play, ends up washing his hakama, and it gets all wrinkled and terrible... But he has to wear it soon for his match and is desperate, so Hanano tells him everything will be fine etc. Then she goes to Arata to ask for help, but Chihaya is there too, and she thinks "I hate her, I hate her" because Chihaya is always the main character of everything and as Hanano thinks, perfect in everything... But you can see it's all bullshit because she starts crying at the sight of Chihaya, feeling safe for once, and asks for help. She tells her everything very fast and Chihaya is extra supportive, says she got it all and runs to help-- just to hit her leg and cry about it lol But in the end they find an iron and find out that Komano and Nishida came to help the guys dress up in their kimonos as well. WHOLESOME. Senpais helping kouhais out ;; In the end Mizusawa new team wins and get their place at the nationals and Hanano gets a message from Taichi where he congratulates her and thanks her for not giving up on karuta and she gets really emotional and cries.

That was a beautiful chapter and I would honestly love to read a karuta manga about Sumire now lol A friend mentioned Hanano has a crush on Arata now when she checked the spoilers but I didn't see that (then again, I only read some parts, so it could still be true).

I hope with that you could understand a little what happened in that chapter! Please excuse my English, I've been really focusing on Japanese for the past 2 years and I feel it rusting little by little T_T"
MaahHeimNov 4, 2022 6:25 PM
Nov 12, 2022 10:47 AM
Jun 2019
MaahHeim said:
EXTRA CHAPTER IS OUT T_T I posted this wall of text on a private group but decided to share it here as well in case anyone wants to know more or less what's happening in this chapter!

"Unfortunately I'm out of time this weekend so I just zoomed through the pages, but I already cried a lot lol
Mizusawa has some new members! T_T Hanano had her heart broken and thinks a lot about Arata because he did too (she also wonders how Chihaya and Taichi feels about the matter). They take the same train here and there and Hanano notices it, but he doesn't, so one day she asks him how can she become good at karuta and ends up going to train with him lol much to her despair. But she is able to get "Hanano" from him and he says"As expected from a girl from Mizusawa!"
They go to their first match as a new team and have no info about the enemy team, so they choose the 3 strongest players, then decide the two others by paper, rock, scissors. One of the new guys, Nagara-kun, is surprised by it, and when they end up losing (because Tamaru, who they expected to win loses her game), Nagara-kun gets really mad saying they didn't really wanted to win and that Mizusawa wasn't supposed to be like that, etc. He admired the former team and is upset. This makes Hanano cry a lot at home and wishes she was Chihaya because Chihaya never faltered at anything. Her brother (I assume it's her brother) is surprised by it since he thought Hanano would be crying about boys so he says she's a full-fledged karuta-idiot now lol (SO CUTE!)
Then they're getting together for their next match as a team, but Nagara-kun, who didn't know anything about the clothes Mizusawa wears to play, ends up washing his hakama, and it gets all wrinkled and terrible... But he has to wear it soon for his match and is desperate, so Hanano tells him everything will be fine etc. Then she goes to Arata to ask for help, but Chihaya is there too, and she thinks "I hate her, I hate her" because Chihaya is always the main character of everything and as Hanano thinks, perfect in everything... But you can see it's all bullshit because she starts crying at the sight of Chihaya, feeling safe for once, and asks for help. She tells her everything very fast and Chihaya is extra supportive, says she got it all and runs to help-- just to hit her leg and cry about it lol But in the end they find an iron and find out that Komano and Nishida came to help the guys dress up in their kimonos as well. WHOLESOME. Senpais helping kouhais out ;; In the end Mizusawa new team wins and get their place at the nationals and Hanano gets a message from Taichi where he congratulates her and thanks her for not giving up on karuta and she gets really emotional and cries.

That was a beautiful chapter and I would honestly love to read a karuta manga about Sumire now lol A friend mentioned Hanano has a crush on Arata now when she checked the spoilers but I didn't see that (then again, I only read some parts, so it could still be true).

I hope with that you could understand a little what happened in that chapter! Please excuse my English, I've been really focusing on Japanese for the past 2 years and I feel it rusting little by little T_T"

Its true Hanano has crush on Arata
Nov 12, 2022 7:26 PM

Dec 2021
You know what's the beauty of it?
Chihayafuru's resolution of Sumire's unfulfilled love. Of course she grieved, but she never regretted that love; in fact, she was incredibly grateful for Taichi because he introduced her to karuta and the Mizusawa club.
She found a place where she belongs, Even though it was difficult, that love became a part of Sumire.

Every character in this series is just so well written.

Nov 30, 2022 6:45 PM
Oct 2020
Good extra. I like that we get more development on Hanano. Also Chihaya is in a cheerleading club lmao. I wouldn't mind a few extra pages of Chihaya trying to be a cheerleader.
Dec 4, 2022 3:03 AM
Jun 2020
Hii do you know where I Can read it in english please ?
Dec 31, 2022 7:17 AM

Oct 2017
Extra chapter focusing on the club. Now that Chihaya and others left they were facing issues as expected but they pulled through and are going to nationals, good for them. Good character development for Sumire too. Also was this hinting at Sumire x Arata? I thought Arata would end up with his childhood friend. Anyway good chapter but I wanted more Chihaya x Taichi.
Jan 4, 2023 7:16 PM

Apr 2020
Sychers said:
Hii do you know where I Can read it in english please 
same, I want to read it too
Jan 10, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2019
ItzElite said:
same, I want to read it too

It's available on Mangadex; the chapter titled "Hana no iro wa - Chihayafuru extra."

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.