Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2022 11:39 AM

Sep 2021
Good chapter, #120 is pure hype. To see a goody mc go on a rampage.

Nov 3, 2022 5:41 PM
Jan 2021
Drxcxrys said:
Good chapter, #120 is pure hype. To see a goody mc go on a rampage.

It hurts to see Yu like that. He wouldn't do anything to innocent people but for Mika he even risks everyone else's lifes. But I feel even more sorry for Shinoa. I really like her a lot and want her to be with Yu and have a happy ending after everything she went thru. But unfortunately Yu always chooses Mika.
Nov 4, 2022 7:58 AM

Sep 2014
Great chapter again, gave me lots to think about.

Shinoa activated her Yandere mode, scary.

Yu hesitating to kill the kid made me wonder if he doesnt really believe he can just resurrect everyone, but I guess that was just because it was an illusion?
Yu thinking he can kill because he can revive them later is scary, so Im really curious about that. He was fine with Mika killing 20 dudes, like bru learn to steal. I had hoped they would attack vampire holdings for food, they surely have some for their slaves.

Asuramaru.. is he actually dead for the lack of a better word? He wouldnt need to call out to him for power if he was gone right?

Also who was the first demon he devoured again, Mika is still around obviously and Asuramaru was the second, so who did I forget?

PS: Yu asked if he should think lewd thoughts but Mika shit him down because its november
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 4, 2022 8:54 AM
Sep 2022
Well, i see here many people care about the relationship, and not the plot, although there was not even a plot about what, as such. Just a fight for food, battles, again. I'll put in my opinion. Shinoa is dead as a character. Shinoa finally became a copy of Yu in terms of her feelings. Shinoa to Yu. Yu to Mika. "I'll get Yu back even if it means killing Mika" and "I'll go to Mika anywhere, and if anyone gets in my way, i'll kill them". The only difference is that Yu was shown from the very beginning. From the very beginning, his obsession with Mika was shown, his desire to be with him, his madness, he is ready to destroy the world, kill everyone who will prevent him from being with Mika, sacrifice anything so that Mika is a man, his main dream is literally MIKA. Even now, he does not see anything wrong with killing the squad and Guren if they interfere with him and Mika. He calls Mika HIS, just like Mahiru call Guren. And in his behavior is the NORM. He has problems with his head. This is something Shinoa didn't have. She ALWAYS took care of Mika, always. Helped him, protected, worried. She literally said "if we let you die, Yu will get mad at us". She saw best how important Mika was to Yu. She never came between them. And now she just seems... jealous or envious? She finally found someone who treats her well, she fell in love with him and wanted the same. But she saw how Yu rejected her over and over again, how he wants to be with Mika and thinks about him all the time, how he turns away from them for Mika. And she cannot forgive this, Mika is a rival in love for her. She will kill Mika to be with Yu. That's just so Yu will not love her, but will hate her. She literally wants to take from Yu what he lives by. If she harms Mika, Yu will kill her faster. Remember what happened to the demons when they made Mika cry. In general, the problem is that such a change in her character is too SHARP, there were no prerequisites. It just showed up.

Well, what about the chapter, Krul, my girl, you don't deserve to be treated like this. It also seems like we can take flirting lessons from Yu. "I saw your corpse, it was very beautiful" and "Do you need my lewd desires?". Only Mika ignores all this. The panel with Mikaela was the best. I can't even imagine what will happen next.
Nov 4, 2022 9:38 AM

Apr 2015
Incoming rant blob:

I've been thinking this for a long time now, but seriously, wtf is happening with this manga. Logic breaks all over the place.
First of all, since when the hell did Yuu learn to make illusions? How the heck does it work?
Second of all, since when did Shinoa become yandere enough to be willing to kill Mika? What happened to the girl who offered up her blood and the girl who was willing to protect the one precious to Yuu, even if it meant defying commander orders? If the author is trying to make a Mahiru 2.0, he's doing a horrible job at it. Shinoa's relationship with Yuu has not nearly developed enough to warrant that much obsession. And did Shinoa not think about what Yuu would do if she goes after Mika, never mind on how she would accomplish anything in the first place when she's so weak? Her declaration makes no sense.
Third of all, why the heck did Shinoa order the soldiers to burn all the food supplies in Ikebukuro? What the heck is she trying to do, what would that accomplish? That's just being spiteful against Yuu; then all the people living in Ikebukuro would starve even more while Yuu and Mika have no choice but to steal food from elsewhere.
Fourth of all, did Yuu and Mika really decide to fuck it all and kill soldiers, while promising to bring them back alive, when they barely have ideas on how to go about it and they don't know for certain if reviving humanity is even possible? Mika was supposed to have the brains, but now he got contaminated with Yuu's idiocy as well. The sunk cost fallacy is making them all lose their minds.
This chapter was just a mess, despite how yet again barely any plot progression happened. Can we move on from the repetitive back-and-forth fighting amongst Yuu, Guren, and co. already. I just want to see Yuu's past.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Nov 4, 2022 11:13 AM
Oct 2022
Man why tf did he have to write shinoa like that ? bro ?.....seriously.....I CAN FINALLY SAY IM DONE WITH OWARI NO SERAPH PPL ! I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A BAD YEAR FOR ME AND LOW AND BEHOLD MY MAN HAD TO TURN SHINOA INTO A FUCKING PSYCHO YANDERE.......i fucking knew it....i mean chapter 118, man i loved that hug between her and yuu....but still in two chapters she became literally obcessed to the point of killing ppl (indirectly but still....) and kill mika ? the one she actually liked (as a friend and like a family in a way) aswell ? oh and yuu yea so much for killing fellow humans ?....blood suckers must be laughing their asses right now ! bro nah its done yuunoa is done....mikayuu wins i said i wouldn't mind it if it was written correctly...but this....nah this ain't right.

Is there hope ?....maybe maybe...but at this point with all the stones thrown....it's just a bloody pulp of a mess....

Fire force and now this.....fuck me im going back to hunter x hunter....god at least Togashi knows what he's doing.
BruhNahNov 4, 2022 11:19 AM
Nov 6, 2022 7:07 AM
Dec 2020
This chapter made me feel sad. Really sad. Sad that at this point it's all just a mess and the characters are going out of their tracks, behaving in an unusual way than they generally do. Like Shinoa suddenly being aggressive and having crazy ideas that will only make Yu hate her or even kill her. I don't know anymore where this is going.
Nov 6, 2022 11:31 AM
Aug 2021
Lil rant cuz idk what's happening anymore:

Honestly, the plot is so confusing at this point, not that it wasn't before. I really hate how Shinoa is being portrayed because now it just seems she's a straight-up yandere for Yuu, seeing how she's so desperate for him and saying that she can't live without him, plus in this chapter where she is willing to kill Mika in order to get Yuu back. It's even more frustrating that she can't see that Yuu doesn't look at her that way, and seeing the difference between Shinoa in the anime and the manga is painful, to say the least. I loved her in the anime, especially because she protected Mika and disobeyed the commander because she knew how important Mika was to Yuu, wherein you can see how much she cares and loves Yuu (plus her teasing was entertaining XD). But now, Shinoa doesn't even act like "Shinoa": without her teasing and her eyes focused on getting Yuu back, not being the slightest considerate for Krul (although I understand the circumstances), but going as far as to even order for the food supplies to be burned, which impacts the civilians living in the area and would lead them to starve - like, she literally has eyes for getting Yuu back and nothing else T_T

And everyone is becoming annoying, including Mika, because he's just simply obeying and going with whatever Yuu says now, and Yuu is being entirely idiotic: he didn't have a plan before devouring Asuramaru and fleeing with Mika, now just forcing Mika to come up with a plan to revive/save everyone while barely contributing, plus the both of them just straight up ok with killing because of the belief that they'll be able to save everyone. This is extremely annoying considering that they're nowhere close to figuring out how to save everyone (plus they hardly know anything about themselves, so how do we expect them to be able to come up with a plan to save everyone???). Though, I bet they'll miraculously be able to come up with an idea out of nowhere to save the day because they're the main characters... or maybe not. It'll be fun to see what happens if their plan fails (when they come up with one, anyways), and how they'll fare in the future.

Also, I hate Yuunoa with a passion, especially due to Shinoa's recent behaviour and Yuu clearly not reciprocating those feelings. I mean, he's clearly all over Mika. Anyways, I wanna see more of the First and other vampires, and whatever the hell they're up to right now (idk what's happening anymore, and it's been a while since I've read the past chapters of the manga).

I also feel so bad for Asuramaru - he doesn't deserve this treatment and his past was hella sad as well, especially the guilt he's been living with ever since he was so desperate that he made the decision to turn her sister into a vampire, cursing her with immortality. Too sad.

ALSO, I need to see Crowley again. I need him back in the manga right this instant, I don't care about Guren, Mika or anyone in the latest manga chapters because they're annoying - I'd rather Crowley just appear with Ferid (I forgot what happened to them T_T). I should really re-read the manga to make more sense of whatever's going on ;-;
Nov 14, 2022 12:56 PM
Dec 2020
I'm so weirded out by how Shinoa's character has become. She used to be so cool but is now super annoying with how much she "loves" Yuu. Kind of a bummer how it feels like they have ruined her...

At least it strengthens Mika and Yuu's relationship.
Jan 25, 2023 3:31 AM
Oct 2018
BruhNah said:
Man why tf did he have to write shinoa like that ? bro ?.....seriously.....I CAN FINALLY SAY IM DONE WITH OWARI NO SERAPH PPL ! I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A BAD YEAR FOR ME AND LOW AND BEHOLD MY MAN HAD TO TURN SHINOA INTO A FUCKING PSYCHO YANDERE.......i fucking knew it....i mean chapter 118, man i loved that hug between her and yuu....but still in two chapters she became literally obcessed to the point of killing ppl (indirectly but still....) and kill mika ? the one she actually liked (as a friend and like a family in a way) aswell ?

Shinoa was never close with Mika though, she only acted friendly towards him because he was Yu’s friend/“family”. A lot of her behavior was influenced by Yu actually.

Mika didn’t let anyone apart from Yu get close, so it’s not a surprise that the squad doesn’t really care about him. He was generally mean and kept his distance.

When vampire-Mika died, Shinoa and the others didn’t care about what happened to him as long as Yu was fine. They helped get Mika back to make Yu happy, but showed no concern for Mika himself. Shinoa didn’t seem happy to see Mika come back as a demon by Yu’s side either (her pause + “Yay. You saved him.” line made her seem almost disappointed even).

She’s been shown to stare a lot in Mika and Yu’s direction (with a sour expression) ever since the chapter 50-60 mark (if I remember correctly), in the same way Mitsuba occasionally stares at Shinoa and Yu when they interact. She was either jealous or suspicious of their relationship (which she initially assumed was familial until she realized Yu calls everything “family”). Seeing Yu reject her and ditch them for Mika, made her realize she can’t be Yu’s no 1 as long as Mika’s there.

She was fine with protecting Mika for Yu up until this point because he was never a direct threat to her happiness. Getting close to Mika was also a way for her to get close to Yu.
Feb 14, 2023 11:59 AM
Jan 2023
Un chapitre rempli d'action et très intéressant. Au début du chapitre on peut être surpris par le comportement de Mika et de Yuu qui vont à l'encontre de leurs principes moraux, mais on voit qu'ils le font pour la bonne cause. Enfin, on peut voir Yuu se développer, ne plus obéir aveuglément à sa "famille" ! On voit que son personnage est devenu plus intéressant.
Cependant, Shinoa m'a de nouveau déçu, elle ne peut plus tomber plus bas. Elle est passée du personnage féminin badass et indépendante à une fille dénuée de profondeur qui ne vit que pour un homme, ennuyant !
Pour ce qui est de Mika, on voit qu'il commence à regagner son envie de vivre tout en voulant sauver l'humanité et c'est cool !
Je voulais rajouter qu'il était réellement satisfaisant de voir Yuu renvoyer chier Guren, il l'avait tellement mérité depuis si longtemps ce sale traître !
AmazingtrucFeb 14, 2023 12:04 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 136 Discussion

Xiao - Apr 3

4 by TheDerpyVenom »»
Apr 18, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 112 Discussion

FANTOMX - Mar 5, 2022

13 by SomeGuyWithHair »»
Apr 1, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 135 Discussion

Xiao - Mar 3

4 by Musashi_123 »»
Mar 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 134 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Feb 1

9 by Xerneas_Pharoah »»
Feb 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Chapter 133 Discussion

NinjaStuart115 - Jan 9

6 by iDateMikasa »»
Jan 26, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.