Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2022 8:54 AM
Aug 2022
alot of peaple thinks quinx was the one of the reason that tokyo ghoul re get ruined
they wasen't a big point of the story and they just brought some hole and boring scenes in story.
and nothing special about them Except to fill the screen time.
because of them, some main chracharer like, touka, hinami, eto, arima ,amon, akira and antiku couldn't have more screen time and develop charachter, specialy big part of the story.
quinx had a perfect devolpment chrachaters but they haden't good chrachters and most of them had an annyonig chrachater.

these are some of the words that people said
in my opinion, tokyo ghoul re wasen't even close of first tokyo ghoul
and i don't like the quinx. what do you think guys?
Oct 29, 2022 9:10 AM
Sep 2022
Re was very confusing. There was a lack of background on how Kaneki then-turned Sasaki and quinx squad member came to be. It almost felt like a different show
Oct 29, 2022 9:30 AM
Oct 2022
01bestanimeAOT said:
Re was very confusing. There was a lack of background on how Kaneki then-turned Sasaki and quinx squad member came to be. It almost felt like a different show

give it a re-read
you'll come to know that arima kishou was behind it. i won't explain further
Oct 29, 2022 9:35 AM
Aug 2021
On my first watch of :Re I thought I'd either missed a season or the site I was on had linked the wrong show.

The Quinx were an interesting concept that was poorly executed. Would have preferred to spend more time on the existing characters rather than add a bunch more. They turned out rather forgettable or just plain annoying.
Oct 29, 2022 9:53 AM
Sep 2021
Just read the manga , I only watched s1 and then read the manga from beginning

and I can safely say that it's a masterpiece
Oct 29, 2022 9:58 AM
Oct 2020
This thread should be on manga forum not anime.

TG:Re manga is much better in terms of characterization, drawing and symbolism than Tokyo Ghoul but its biggest problem is that it adds too many characters and makes the consistency poor in the second half, however, it's still better than its predecessor in many ways. Quinx Squad are not bad characters.
Oct 29, 2022 10:00 AM
Aug 2021
anime is bad. in manga i like them
Oct 29, 2022 10:08 AM
Feb 2020
Anime-onlyism in Tokyo Ghoul should be illegal. It's so unbelievable how a studio can ruin a masterful story's reputation with a crappy enough adaptation.
GO. READ. THE. FUCKING. MANGA.
Shame on you, Pierrot.
Oct 29, 2022 10:11 AM
Aug 2021
the_moon_snail said:

bro stfu everyone says that shit we don't care we know anime is bad and manga is good you're just another sheep who likes to follow the crowd
Oct 29, 2022 10:12 AM
Aug 2021
Honestly forgot what quinxes are. Read and watched it a a while ago. Don't even know if I know half the characters left
Oct 29, 2022 10:18 AM
Sep 2021
r1h1t0 said:
01bestanimeAOT said:

give it a re-read
you'll come to know that arima kishou was behind it. i won't explain further

The manga didn’t really do much besides showing a few scenes with Kaneki going insane in cochlea. Wish Ishida would have put more time to explain how Haise was “born” but I guess what we got is enough
Oct 29, 2022 10:20 AM
Oct 2022
the manga really does explain that what you're saying lol
Oct 29, 2022 10:23 AM
Sep 2021
RCvvvv said:
alot of peaple thinks quinx was the one of the reason that tokyo ghoul re get ruined
they wasen't a big point of the story and they just brought some hole and boring scenes in story.
because of them, some main chracharer like, touka, hinami, eto, arima ,amon, akira and antiku couldn't have more screen time and develop charachter, specialy big part of the story.
quinx had a perfect devolpment chrachaters but they haden't good chrachters and most of them had an annyonig chrachater.

I like all of them besides Mutsuki (and there are a couple more added after Shirazu died but I don’t remember how the anime handled those. They’re not really that interesting with one exception but whatever). If he was annoying af in the anime he got even worse in the manga. And it’s a shame cause he started off really well, being weak but always willing to improve and try to be useful. Truly a shame that he evolved into Furutas puppet
Oct 29, 2022 10:33 AM
Sep 2021
r1h1t0 said:

It doesn’t show the transition. There’s the fight in vol 14 and a few flashbacks in re vol 7( I think it’s vol 7) plus that scene where Arima names Haise. But there aren’t many scenes showing what happened to Kaneki during the time skip
Oct 29, 2022 10:36 AM
Apr 2020
I didn't like them at first but when I re-read the manga I grew to like a few of them. I still don't like urie or mutski but I like haise, shirazu and saiko. Overall they're fine but not the best or not necessarily people I care too much about.
Oct 29, 2022 11:06 AM
Aug 2022
TasteOfRage8 said:
I didn't like them at first but when I re-read the manga I grew to like a few of them. I still don't like urie or mutski but I like haise, shirazu and saiko. Overall they're fine but not the best or not necessarily people I care too much about.
don't include hayse, hayse is more or less kaneki
Oct 29, 2022 11:11 AM
Aug 2022
VeryGhoul said:
r1h1t0 said:

It doesn’t show the transition. There’s the fight in vol 14 and a few flashbacks in re vol 7( I think it’s vol 7) plus that scene where Arima names Haise. But there aren’t many scenes showing what happened to Kaneki during the time skip
i agree with you. i've read manga about 3 times, but ishida doesn't explain perfectly well, just a few things he explained
Oct 29, 2022 11:23 AM
Aug 2022
the_moon_snail said:
anime season 3 is fateful to manga, what is diffrent about them in manga. only in season 4 anime did cut alot of things that the quinx wasen't important anymore, but still they are more important than touka and the other
Oct 29, 2022 11:29 AM
Aug 2022
Dinosword said:
Anime-onlyism in Tokyo Ghoul should be illegal. It's so unbelievable how a studio can ruin a masterful story's reputation with a crappy enough adaptation.
GO. READ. THE. FUCKING. MANGA.
Shame on you, Pierrot.
season 2 ruined because of ishida not peirrot, ishida told to director that make the season 2 an orginal story, you can search to internet and find out
Oct 29, 2022 11:42 AM
Aug 2022
TheFirstHunter said:

TG:Re manga is much better in terms of characterization, drawing and symbolism than Tokyo Ghoul but its biggest problem is that it adds too many characters and makes the consistency poor in the second half, however, it's still better than its predecessor in many ways. Quinx Squad are not bad characters.
actually it's both, manga tokyo ghoul it's not masterpiece or even great. it's good but with alot of hole story and problem, like Ridiculous eto's death and arima, poor or aweful development charachters like touka, hinami, eto specialy rize and ...
if you remember rize was alive in season 2, but what happened to her next, she was with yomo, how she turned to furuta.
ishida diden't explain alot of thing
Oct 29, 2022 12:01 PM
Mar 2021
I loved them. The concept and their dynamic was amazing and one of my favorites parts of Tokyo ghoul overall. that's why I gave re: an 8 despite it's flaws
Oct 29, 2022 2:03 PM
Oct 2020
RCvvvv said:
TheFirstHunter said:

actually it's both, manga tokyo ghoul it's not masterpiece or even great. it's good but with alot of hole story and problem, like Ridiculous eto's death and arima, poor or aweful development charachters like touka, hinami, eto specialy rize and ...
if you remember rize was alive in season 2, but what happened to her next, she was with yomo, how she turned to furuta.

It seems that you forgot some events, have you really read the first manga or just TG:Re?

The anime is extremely rushed and quite bad, season 2 does totally nonsensical stuff.
TheFirstHunterOct 29, 2022 2:16 PM
Oct 29, 2022 2:12 PM
Apr 2020
RCvvvv said:
TasteOfRage8 said:

He's still the leader of the quinx squad while he's still haise 🙃
Oct 29, 2022 3:02 PM
Aug 2022
TheFirstHunter said:
RCvvvv said:

It seems that you forgot some events, have you really read the first manga or just TG:Re?

The anime is extremely rushed and quite bad, season 2 does totally nonsensical stuff.
i've read both manga 3 times, and i know evey events, everything
i-ve read first tokyo ghoul that i know rize is alive
Oct 29, 2022 3:02 PM
Aug 2022
TasteOfRage8 said:
RCvvvv said:

He's still the leader of the quinx squad while he's still haise 🙃
yeah i know about that 😁
Oct 29, 2022 9:59 PM

Sep 2014
RCvvvv said:

Everything you said ^ 100% agree with. My fav characters were all from the OG series and not just cause they were introduced first. I personally thought they were better written and had more depth and personality. I’m completely forgetting names atm cause it’s been awhile but I was also emotionally wrecked with what happened with Amon’s coworker that got turned into a ghoul. I just didn’t really care for the new characters that much :/ I would have rather seen more Arima and what’s the girls name that Amon had a crush on if we were going to go more into the CCG (is that what they’re called?) Wasted screen time on mediocre characters. Also, I was slightly confused about some plot points in RE that never totally got explained. Kinda confused how Kaneki ended up with the CCG in the first place was a big one.
Oct 29, 2022 10:04 PM

Feb 2020
I absolutely love Quincy squid. Even their color pattern and designs are awesome . They were the main reason I love Tokyo ghoul re even in manga. Infact Haise Sasaki is also my favorite version of kaneki too.
AdampkOct 29, 2022 10:24 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 29, 2022 11:50 PM
Aug 2022
Leadle_Lee said:
RCvvvv said:

Everything you said ^ 100% agree with. My fav characters were all from the OG series and not just cause they were introduced first. I personally thought they were better written and had more depth and personality. I’m completely forgetting names atm cause it’s been awhile but I was also emotionally wrecked with what happened with Amon’s coworker that got turned into a ghoul. I just didn’t really care for the new characters that much :/ I would have rather seen more Arima and what’s the girls name that Amon had a crush on if we were going to go more into the CCG (is that what they’re called?) Wasted screen time on mediocre characters. Also, I was slightly confused about some plot points in RE that never totally got explained. Kinda confused how Kaneki ended up with the CCG in the first place was a big one.
the girl's name is akira and i agree with you, i didn't like that amon turned to ghoul either
Oct 30, 2022 5:49 AM
Oct 2020
RCvvvv said:
TheFirstHunter said:

Rize was rescued by Yomo, then her adoptive father Sachi came to take care of her until he was killed by Arima (who was on the side of the ghouls, thus had connections to Furuta).
She was simply recaptured and used for experiments again, finally she was transformed into Dragon form and Kaneki put her out of his misery killing her, end.
Oct 30, 2022 1:38 PM
Aug 2022
TheFirstHunter said:
RCvvvv said:
Rize was rescued by Yomo, then her adoptive father Sachi came to take care of her until he was killed by Arima (who was on the side of the ghouls, thus had connections to Furuta).
She was simply recaptured and used for experiments again, finally she was transformed into Dragon form and Kaneki put her out of his misery killing her, end.
that exactly has no sense and hole story, rize is strong enough to escape or fighting to them, but she was caught so easily. besides manga didn't show us, how rize turned to dragon or how she was captured, also manga even didn't explain that. just we all know rize was with yomo and then her fathers died by arima and then she was turend to dragon and caprured by furuta. but how did all these happen we don't know
Oct 31, 2022 9:15 AM
Oct 2022
RCvvvv said:

After the end of season two,I didn't thought that there would be any single moment of rest in kaneki's life but Tokyo ghoul:re and that lost memory concept wasn't much satisfying.I thought like you too but then decided to read manga and they play a real important part in manga.
Nov 2, 2022 11:34 PM
Nov 2020
01bestanimeAOT said:

Re is on a different timeline than season 1 and 2 since there wasn’t originally a season 3 planned. Season 2 had an anime only ending that doesn’t cover all the important events leading to Kaneki’s position in Re, gotta read the manga for the context. If you are invested in Tokyo Ghoul then you should read the whole manga anyway though, it is consistently better than the anime
Nov 12, 2022 12:25 AM
Jan 2021
I started watching re after season 2 and when I started it I paused it and had to look and see if I skipped a season. I literally pushed through watching the re seasons because I just wanted to finish the anime. Didn’t really enjoy it tbh!
Nov 12, 2022 12:29 AM
Jan 2021
RCvvvv said:

Exactly! I wasn’t even mad at the new characters. Its just the story just took a complete turn to confusion. Ken lost his memory, quinx enter the picture, the rest of the original character were barely shown and I was in confusion because I just jumped from season 2 to this!!! It was just executed badly, nothing made sense!
Feb 3, 2023 10:37 PM

Dec 2021
Manga depicts them far better than the Anime which was a farrago trainwreck

Quinx Squad has the most complex characters that even surpass most Protagonists of other pieces of fiction let alone Manga or Anime
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Apr 9, 2023 6:01 PM
Apr 2023
There were problems with the characters more than anything they were simply quite annoying and you couldn't get attached to them. On top of that they brought a lot of boring scenes with them and contributed towards the feeling that you were watching an entirely different show. Quinxes were problematic because they effectively took over the first half of the season, throwing away all of the story and character development built up until that point. I don't think im alone in saying that I really didn't care for any of the quinx so I think it was a questionable direction to move in

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.