Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2022 6:48 PM
Apr 2022
How do you feel about the new direction Sunrise chose to take for Witch from Mercury? For any new fans to the series, please do not participate in the polls. I plan to make another thread for you all. You can join in the discussion below if you want though. This thread is mainly just to see and discuss the sentiment old fans have for the new series, and whether they are enjoying it or not. Please, let's keep discussions friendly and/or respectful.
thunderkitten13Oct 23, 2022 8:14 PM
Oct 23, 2022 8:08 PM

Apr 2020
can you add a fourth "see results" option because I also think it's interesting, but I don't want to mess up the distribution and afaik there's no way to see results in the app, dont know about website
Oct 23, 2022 8:12 PM
Apr 2022
SGKunoe said:
can you add a fourth "see results" option because I also think it's interesting, but I don't want to mess up the distribution and afaik there's no way to see results in the app, dont know about website

Ahhh ok, will mark as N/A
Oct 23, 2022 8:15 PM

Apr 2020
thunderkitten13 said:
SGKunoe said:

Ahhh ok, will mark as N/A

appreciate it, ty
Oct 23, 2022 9:35 PM

Oct 2015
How much Gundam anime/manga must a person watch/read to be considered an old fan?

The Gundam fanbase is diverse. A lot of people watch AUs but don’t watch UC. Then there are people who only watch SEED, 00, IBO. And there are people who have only watched IBO.

Not going to vote because I have not caught up with Gundam Crossbone manga. :/
Oct 23, 2022 9:41 PM
Apr 2022
NewestPersonHere said:
How much Gundam anime/manga must a person watch/read to be considered an old fan?

The Gundam fanbase is diverse. A lot of people watch AUs but don’t watch UC. Then there are people who only watch SEED, 00, IBO. And there are people who have only watched IBO.

Not going to vote because I have not caught up with Gundam Crossbone manga. :/

If I am being honest, I used the term veteran but perhaps a better term would be familiar? I am just curious how people who have seen or at least enjoy aspects of the Gundam fandom are feeling about the change in tone of the series. I have only seen Seed, Unicorn, and 00 (which is my favorite) so I wouldn’t claim to know everything there is to know or that I am a true veteran but I can definitely tell the change of tone Sunrise went for with G_Witch to garner greater appeal to the dwindling brand.
thunderkitten13Oct 24, 2022 2:18 AM
Oct 23, 2022 11:37 PM

Aug 2015
Every Gundam series since Turn-A has taken a different direction than the previous entry. Witch being significantly different from IBO or Reconquista should not surprise anybody. I don't love this show yet but I always hold off major judgments until much later in the show.
Controversial opinions
Oct 24, 2022 1:31 AM

Dec 2018
I’m really enjoying this series. I wouldn’t call it a new direction though, as pretty much every AU changes the formula to some degree. But I’m excited to see how Suletta’s and Miorine’s relationship develops, as well as the corporate and space v earth conflict.
Oct 24, 2022 1:54 AM

Jul 2021
It has some details like the main character not being very much likable, but it is not bad. At list for me. I hope it gets more "serious" from now on. People thinking about watching it, give it a chance.
kilu86Nov 29, 2022 1:03 AM
Oct 24, 2022 4:24 AM

May 2018
"How do you feel about the new direction Sunrise chose to take for Witch from Mercury?"

The Witch From Mercury is not a new direction for Sunrise.
Also trying to reinvent the Gundam franchise dates since SD Gundam, Gundam ZZ and Fighter G Gundam.

Last time we got a tearjerker: Iron-Blooded Orphans which was written by the queen of melodrama herself, Mari Okada, but now The Witch From Mercury is way more watchable to me.
Oct 24, 2022 6:25 AM

Aug 2020
For me, it's still enjoyable to watch. Despite of the MC is being so timid or whatsoever, I still enjoy the story and curios what's going to be. Moreover, it's 2 season shows, that something like character development is very possible.
Oct 24, 2022 6:35 AM

Jul 2016
How to be considered as a veteran gundam fan? I have watched trilogy OG series also new UC ones like Hathaway.

I think I'm enjoying it, though I want the gundam politics not to be in the background, cause it seems like the focus for now is introducing the characters and the relationships.
Oct 24, 2022 6:46 AM

Oct 2018
I am split on the show. While the character driven drama and stories are well done and kinda relatable, the setting itself is hard to take serious. I woudln't call it innovative though. I'd even say it's the most uninspired Gundam show we've had so far. Reminds me a little bit of Aldnoah Zero, Franxx or Guilty Crown, where all these shows had a checklist on what's popular right now and tried to cram everything on it into a package.
Oct 24, 2022 8:15 AM
May 2011
Indifferent, leaning towards not enjoying it. Episode 1 was fine, but episode 2 was dumb. Episode 3 was good, but episode 4 was bad and contrived. The show is taking its sweet time to develop the MC, and her "aw shucks, I just want to make friends, but I'm super awkward" personality is ill-suited to the setting she's in. Miorine is okay, but the most interesting character so far is Guel, who's too much of an asshole for me.

So, yeah, I have issues with the series so far, but none of them have to do with adhering to a "Gundam formula". A Gundam academy could be interesting, but there have been 4 episodes, and the one episode pertaining to instruction (if you could call it that) was just a contrived scenario for MC to make some friends.
Oct 24, 2022 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
At this point, I'd call it "less than a great show, but clearly not a bad show." It's definitely not what I would call a Gundam, but it definitely turned out better than the expected Utena rip-off. At least for now.
Oct 24, 2022 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
Not a veteran, but loved 00, IBO, Seed + Destiny & MS 08 team, so missing a mixed feelings vote.

The prologue got me pretty hooked, then eps 1 & 2 put me on fence whether this Gundam entry just might not be for me and the prologue could've been just a bait, but 3 & 4 gave some much-needed hopium so considering what I saw in those + the prologue, I can be more patient now.

Still, based on what I read in some interview , seems like this may be some sort of "gundam-lite" and if so, I'll enjoy it sure, but not expecting to be super hooked like I was with the others I've seen.
Oct 24, 2022 1:11 PM
Apr 2022
cronoSpirA said:
How to be considered as a veteran gundam fan? I have watched trilogy OG series also new UC ones like Hathaway.

I think I'm enjoying it, though I want the gundam politics not to be in the background, cause it seems like the focus for now is introducing the characters and the relationships.

I guess if you have just watched anything Gundam and are familiar with what Gundam is vs. just casual anime fan that is new to Gundam entirely.
Oct 24, 2022 1:13 PM
Apr 2022
ManlyTear said:
Not a veteran, but loved 00, IBO, Seed + Destiny & MS 08 team, so missing a mixed feelings vote.

The prologue got me pretty hooked, then eps 1 & 2 put me on fence whether this Gundam entry just might not be for me and the prologue could've been just a bait, but 3 & 4 gave some much-needed hopium so considering what I saw in those + the prologue, I can be more patient now.

Still, based on what I read in some interview , seems like this may be some sort of "gundam-lite" and if so, I'll enjoy it sure, but not expecting to be super hooked like I was with the others I've seen.

Yes, this series really seems to be geared towards amassing a greater degree of interest in average anime fans/younger fans in general. I think perhaps it will get serious later on, but I think they are mainly going to focus on personal development and maturity.
Oct 25, 2022 7:51 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
As someone who has been a fan of the Gundam franchise for nearly two decades with Wing,G Gundam(best Gundam series), Seed, 00, IBO and a bunch of UC series in between, I'm very indifferent to Witch from Mercury in a sense that I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. From a production standpoint, Witch From Mercury looks good, but the story is not really that interesting and most of the characters except for Suletta are one dimensional. So far we have three confirmed tusndere characters and the rest of them don't seem to have much of a personality. I'm more interested the tension among the the big three houses, but that subplot only gets like 5-10 minutes of screen time while the rest of it is spent on character development.

There's just not enough mecha action to keep me interested when all we had are just two lousy duels that were more or less one sided affairs. It just seems to me of a slow burner of a series which is fine if this is the only show I was watching, but when you have over a dozen shows to choose from it makes it difficult to commit to this series especially when it has a split cour. If things don't pick up in the next episode or so people are either going to drop or put it on hold to watch something else because this season is stacked with a lot of good shows that are possibly better than this one.
Nov 24, 2022 8:45 AM

Dec 2021
Where is the "there is no such thing as a new direction, ZZ, G and Build were already a thing" option? (i.e. the correct one)
Nov 24, 2022 12:30 PM

May 2015
Overall, I'm not convinced. As someone said earlier, the production value is great. But I'm not a fan a the story. I have nothing against the school setting, I love "Ecole du Ciel". But the lack of political background is a fault to me. After episode 7, there is still no sign of any definite factions or any overarching conflict, which, for Gundam, seems kinda off.

It's not about action scenes, but more about the fact that global conflict has barely been hinted.The idea that even if your side end winning, individuals from all side end losing something is really at the heart of that franchise. But you can't do that with no serious conflict at sight. The only thing that could be seen is the use of Gundam, and making that being the driving force of the conflict isn't something appealing to me (especially since the series has already shown that the reason they were banned does not exist anymore). Despite being the titular mobile suit, there was always an exterior reason for their use. If their use becomes the reason of the fight, it's kinda stupid. No Gundam has to have an external conflict to "justify" the war. Even G and its fight of the week is a proxy war to avoid global conflict.

The prologue did a better job at setting the background in 1 episode than the whole show in 7. And with the focus put on the duels and school, I doubt it will change. It feels like watching a glorified build series, where the "people stories during war" is non-existant. I'm ok with that in Build and SD series, since they have got a different goal in mind. But for a serie advertised as a "main series", I'm disappointed. Part of that disappointment is the fact it's been 5 years since the end of the last "main" series. I don't have any interest for the Build and SD part of the franchise. But if that's all we gonna get, I'll just stop watching Gundam series and let that to those that enjoy it.

That said it's not a bad show per say, I just fail to find what pleased me so much in other gundam shows, even the worse ones. I'm still gonna watch it for least the first cour, but If the story doesn't pick up soon, I'm not sure I'll go further.
Turtles_HunterNov 24, 2022 12:47 PM
Nov 24, 2022 7:29 PM

Jun 2015
It's considerably different from most Gundam series, so it feels fresh. I'm enjoying that
Nov 27, 2022 3:44 AM

Oct 2010
It started strong with the prologue, but i feel that the shoujo slice of life/school romcom aspects are slowing down the series as well as my overall interest in the series.
They are definitely building up something in the background, but its just not really satisfying watching some slow episodes without any action. Might also be the problem of watching one episode per week.
Just hope that there is a very good payoff somewhere in the series.
Nov 27, 2022 7:44 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I get to start the whole Gundam franchise soon with a groupwatch, i can't answer this yet but i've been enjoying Mercury a whole lot.
Nov 27, 2022 7:47 AM

Apr 2015
Turtles_Hunter said:
Overall, I'm not convinced. As someone said earlier, the production value is great. But I'm not a fan a the story. I have nothing against the school setting, I love "Ecole du Ciel". But the lack of political background is a fault to me. After episode 7, there is still no sign of any definite factions or any overarching conflict, which, for Gundam, seems kinda off.

It's not about action scenes, but more about the fact that global conflict has barely been hinted.The idea that even if your side end winning, individuals from all side end losing something is really at the heart of that franchise. But you can't do that with no serious conflict at sight. The only thing that could be seen is the use of Gundam, and making that being the driving force of the conflict isn't something appealing to me (especially since the series has already shown that the reason they were banned does not exist anymore). Despite being the titular mobile suit, there was always an exterior reason for their use. If their use becomes the reason of the fight, it's kinda stupid. No Gundam has to have an external conflict to "justify" the war. Even G and its fight of the week is a proxy war to avoid global conflict.

The prologue did a better job at setting the background in 1 episode than the whole show in 7. And with the focus put on the duels and school, I doubt it will change. It feels like watching a glorified build series, where the "people stories during war" is non-existant. I'm ok with that in Build and SD series, since they have got a different goal in mind. But for a serie advertised as a "main series", I'm disappointed. Part of that disappointment is the fact it's been 5 years since the end of the last "main" series. I don't have any interest for the Build and SD part of the franchise. But if that's all we gonna get, I'll just stop watching Gundam series and let that to those that enjoy it.

That said it's not a bad show per say, I just fail to find what pleased me so much in other gundam shows, even the worse ones. I'm still gonna watch it for least the first cour, but If the story doesn't pick up soon, I'm not sure I'll go further.

Maybe it's because I haven't watched a ton of gundam, but this show feels like a lot of politics. The conflict is over the existence of Gundams while additionally having a conflict/prejudice between those born in space vs. on earth, both of which are slowly being expanded on. The reason Gundams were banned still exists. They only have one exception so far. That says nothing about reproducibility.

If you need a grand global conflict, it is the spacians vs earthians although the full details of this struggle are not disclosed off the bat nor is it the front and center of current conflict. If you need a strong global conflict to enjoy the show, I really can't tell if the show will deliver on that. The mc of this show wants to promote peace as much as possible. I can't see her willingly engaging in war.
Nov 27, 2022 7:50 AM
Oct 2016
The producers said they wanted to appeal to young people today with this new Gundam series and they've definitely tapped into how young people today think. Trying to help people instead of just mass fighting and taking things from others regardless of cause. I'm very interested where things will go now
Nov 27, 2022 10:44 AM

Nov 2020
As others have pointed out, it does not feel like a Gundam. Often in Gundam, there are huge stakes and there is an overall meaning to the story, like for example how the og Gundam is about the complexities of war, morality, trauma etc etc while IBO was about perseverance, brotherhood, underdogs etc. For this show im struggling to find one at the moment, it feels like its trying to do a lot of things at the same time - Corruption, school life, entrepreneurship, cursed machines, spacians vs earthians, romance/harem, the whole part about Suletta's backstory, Prospera's motivations, why Delling changed his mind and so much more, i have so many questions and this show just keeps on giving me more questions, at the moment im doubtful that they will be able to bring all of these together in a cohesive manner.

Essentially my main gripe with the story is that at the moment it does not seem to have a purpose, its not trying to tell you something and is just taking you along for the ride. Nevertheless, it would be a lie if i said i did not enjoy watching it, i do look forward to the episodes but i dont think this is gonna end up as a show with a story which ill remember for a long time like the other Gundams.
Nov 27, 2022 4:34 PM
Jul 2014
For better or worse I've gone out of my way to see every series. The series feels like a lot of great ideas packaged into a formulaic anime setting that is interchangeable with all of the seasonal filler shows that they're expecting to sell with the Gundam name.

Then again its pretty hard to make a fresh Gundam as everything done is derivative in some way of the original series and Zeta to a fault, and intentionally, but the constant generic harem/slice of life/school setting on this backdrop tries really hard to take me out of this one.
Nov 27, 2022 8:33 PM
Jul 2015
kilu86 said:
It has some details like the main character not being very much likeable, but it is not bad. I hope it gets more "serious" from now on. People thinking about watching it. Give it a chance.

?? Suletta is extremely likable
Nov 29, 2022 4:19 AM

Sep 2014
I enjoyed it up to ep6 but the last 2 ones were kinda trash/corny. I expected the story to get better, not worse, which it did. So "indifferent" for me.

It simply fails to deliver what the amazing prologue promised, but its still decent enough to watch for now. If this slow pacing continues though.. I definitely dont see myself interested in ever rewatching it once its done airing.

YoshiYogurt said:
kilu86 said:
It has some details like the main character not being very much likeable, but it is not bad. I hope it gets more "serious" from now on. People thinking about watching it. Give it a chance.

?? Suletta is extremely likable

Suletta is an annoying non character. Her anxiety was cute the first time, because it stands in contrast to the insanely edgy characters we usually get, but now its just overdone and annoying. She also has no drive of her own at all anymore, she simply follows along. Something which made her atleast bearable at the start. She is peak "plot moves character", instead of "characters move plot", which is simly bad writing/storytelling. Gundam never really had great characters aside from Char and the spinoffs recycling the same characters over and over again dont help, so this is not a unique problem for this installment. However as much as the usual MCs were self inserts for edgelords, Suletta (and the whole gang really) are just self inserts for weirdos. Really they are the generic "bullied kids" from every teenage drama story, just that the plot hand waves their weirdness away and uses the spacenoids/earthling aspect for social drama.
Her only outstanding "quality" is beeing a women, because a female gundam MC is unique. Which doesnt mean anything though because she isnt really a plot driving (main)character, so her beeing a FeMC is irrelevant. You could completely erase her and just have Aeriel move on its own and the story wouldnt change.

And while its cool that we have a feMC and more female characters in general, this leads us to a big problem: The lack of male supporting characters. Every single male character is either a villain, a douchebag, or irrelevant. (or dead I guess..)
I get that Miorine needs to be a girl for the yuri bait and the adults are villains in general in this coming of age story with the women beeing "witches", but there is no "reason" for Nika or Chuatury ("space" gopnik girl) to be as well. I think most of the named characters are girls in general, now lets look at the male ones: Yuri Camp wannabe - Antagonist/early villain and douchebag. Cereal - antagonist, douchebag and dead!, Chad dick - antagonist, probably a douchebag as well. lets see if he even survives.

The best character is actually Miorine, I think the plot should have taken it a step further with the "risks" of using a feMC and just ditched Suletta as the "main" character and focused on Miorine instead. (Which is arguably already happening) A gundam story where the Gundam pilot isnt the main character/where the main character isnt the gundam pilot? Now thats something!
She is obviously another set of stereotypes, tsundere and daddy issues, but this "just works" for a coming of age story like this one.
Comander-07Nov 29, 2022 4:48 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 1, 2022 7:12 PM

Mar 2021
From social media particulary anitube, it is very obvious that people hyping and praising this show to the heavens had very little experience with mecha and the gundam franchise. You are not getting the 79 or seed experience at all

It is lacking the grip mecha shows typically have at the beginning. Gundam shows typically have tight action packed storyline. But this show feels like zz.

I strongly recommend people look at muv luv alternative 2nd season. The story is infinitely better and the action is superb. I say muv luv is better than 79, zeta and seed
Dec 2, 2022 2:22 AM

Oct 2010
icefirestone23 said:

I strongly recommend people look at muv luv alternative 2nd season. The story is infinitely better and the action is superb. I say muv luv is better than 79, zeta and seed

The anime of MLA is a weak adaption if we talk about storytelling and pacing. It doesnt do the 'greatness' of the VN justice. The second season is a fair bit better though.
The mecha action is indeed good at times even when people are dunking on it being obviously CGI mechs.

Gundam WoM might be way better to binge watch if there is a payoff somewhere in the series, for now its just awkward imo.
igundamDec 2, 2022 1:34 PM
Dec 2, 2022 8:11 PM

Nov 2014
I enjoyed the prologue but have not enjoyed the series at all, dropping it with episode 8 marking it the second Gundam series I have ever dropped.

I hope this series flops hard as I would like to see more Gundam in the future just not like this.
Dec 3, 2022 11:39 AM
Apr 2022
As a Gundam Lifer I'm really on board with G-Witch. It's done a really good job with the characters and setting, and so far has done totally new things built off of totally old things. G-Witch has a lot of classic Gundam beats, adults as the enemy, cynicism about the world, skullduggery and factional manuevering, a spooky person in a mask with a familial relation to a female lead, and it's done all of that while still being original and having its own particular style and interesting setting mysteries (see: the timeline not adding up).

Show is good and good Gundam.
Dec 3, 2022 3:00 PM

Mar 2021
igundam said:
icefirestone23 said:

The anime of MLA is a weak adaption if we talk about storytelling and pacing. It doesnt do the 'greatness' of the VN justice. The second season is a fair bit better though.
The mecha action is indeed good at times even when people are dunking on it being obviously CGI mechs.

Gundam WoM might be way better to binge watch if there is a payoff somewhere in the series, for now its just awkward imo.

Muv luv is still a much better mecha show than g witch. G witch feels like a parody at this point similiar to zz and build. Muv luv really gives you that strong mecha feel arguably better than seed, 00, unicorn.

Heck the fights and visuals of muv luv season 2 are done way better than anything of g witch so far. Also you have total eclipse and that other show I can't pronounce to give you background. Everything till that chomp for muv luv was prologue
Dec 4, 2022 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
I'm leaning on enjoying it but I thnik theres just a general lack of connection to the characters for me, and theres a million teases I think are really interesting for its world and especially sci-fi concepts in regards to body modification and cloning that I largely think the setting they chose is in total odds to really elaborate on them in a manner that warrants the concepts at all. Trying to remain patient but coming up on halfway mark its hard to justify it when it still feels like a very slow set up phase.

Currently I think its on the trajectory to kind of be in the ballpark of Wing for me, dont hate it but definetly among the weaker entries.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 4, 2022 7:09 PM
May 2015
I'm generally enjoying the show and the new dynamics, but it doesn't seem to yet be broaching Gundam's core themes about warfare and the human costs. We of course know that the Gundam tech kills the pilots, but very little of that has been expounded upon and we don't know much at all about the broader solar system and sociopolitical dynamics in G-Witch's world.

It just seems to be missing the expansive storytelling and moral gravity that makes Gundam unique to other action-dramas, which is not helped by the extremely limited setting. That may be coming, which I would be greatly interested in, but I don't see it imminently on the horizon with this show's very measured plot progression, and it doesn't seem like Sunrise is interested in making long-running series anymore.

Further, while it looks tidy enough, the repetitive backgrounds and settings are really starting to irk me, and comprehensively out of sync with Gundam's historically ambitious world-building. I was feeling much more excited about this show after the introductory episodes than I am at this point.
KingKatsuraDec 4, 2022 7:15 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2022 10:22 PM

Jul 2020
I'm starting to think that if this anime didn't have the Gundam name attached to it I would probably be enjoying it a lot more. When I'm watching it I get constantly reminded of Utena, Code Geass and of other Okouchi's works but not Gundam. Had this just been Okouchi's new mecha anime I would probably feel less strongly about it.
The Gundam name brings certain expectations with it and so far this anime hasn't really met them. Sure, it has some really well designed mecha and some gorgeous 2D animated fights but that's about it. We're 9 episodes in and so far it still doesn't feel like Gundam, at least not to me.

There is potential in there, it just seems like they don't know how to bring it out. Every episode focuses more on the characters and their personal issues while showing just tidbits of the greater plot moving in the background. If they made a few episodes focused on those machinations that are happening off-screen I think it would help a fucking lot.
There's Prospera's vengeance plan, the rising tensions between Earthians and Spacians, the whole corpo warfare side of the story, the body modification stuff that is what GUND was made for in the first place and then there's whatever Delling is plotting in the background. None of that gets more than a few seconds of screen time in the episodes and that makes me angry. We NEED more episodes that focus on world building and expanding the scope of the setting and the story to bring all those plot points together, but instead they just keep focusing on Suletta and Miorine and ignoring the rest of the story. Previous Gundam anime succeeded in striking a balance between character focus and moving the greater plot forward but WfM miserably fails at that imo.

Also, the lack of stakes is just jarring. They make no effort whatsoever to create any kind of tension in this anime. You just know that Suletta is going to win every duel and that's it. Episode 9 is a big example of this. I didn't feel at any moment that House Earth / GUND-ARM Inc. was in any danger of losing to Shaddiq's team. It was pretty obvious that the Aerial was going to have some kind of countermeasure to Anti-GUND tech and the whole time I thought Suletta was going to wipe the entire enemy team off by herself and that's pretty much exactly what happened, and with a badly damaged Aerial to boot.

Which brings me to another topic: the Aerial is way too fucking OP. It feels like an end-game fully upgraded Gundam but we're still at the first cour of what could possibly be a 50 episode anime. Like, where do we go from here? Baseline Aerial is already this strong, so if it gets upgraded later on or they make an Aerial 2 then we're gonna hit Unicorn levels of bullshit.

I really wanted to enjoy this anime because Gundam is my favorite mecha franchise, but so far I can say this ain't it chief. Right now I have it rated at a 5 out of 10 and I don't see it changing any time soon.
JustAnAnimeListDec 5, 2022 1:48 PM
Dec 5, 2022 7:55 AM
Dec 2016
I've watched a ton of Gundam to the point it's probably easier to list the series I haven't watched (Victory, Build Fighters, Turn A, Origin, G Gundam). GWitch is really great and I love all the breadcrumbs being dropped. It reeks of a slow burner show like Stein;sGate where shit really starts to hit the fan later but is still entertaining because the kids are fun to watch. ZZ was way, way worse about low stakes especially when the first 28 episodes were basically the clown circus of Gundam and to this day people defend it as a good show. SeeD/Destiny do much worse with protagonist invincibility and contrived asspulls. Hell IBO didn't do well merchandise-wise and we love it to death. GWitch is going to be just fine.

EDIT: I need to mention how much of a commercial success it is that Bandai literally can't print Aerial model kits fast enough to meet demand. I think the last time that happened for a new series was maybe 00 2nd season for the 00. And idk maybe the Freedom before that? I'll admit that SeeD has the cool factor but it's a hot mess as a show.
starkipraggyDec 5, 2022 8:51 AM
Dec 6, 2022 12:24 AM

Oct 2010
This is probably the most invested I have ever been in a modern TV Gundam series.
Dec 6, 2022 2:20 AM

Sep 2013
Indiferent,the main character and overall cast is boring,the context is boring,the duels became stale really fast and i'm not really invested in the geopolitic side for now, i'm keeping up just for the beautiful animation at this point,if the second season is still in the school life setting i might drop after the 12th
Deep dark fantasies
Dec 8, 2022 4:14 AM
Dec 2012
As someone who wwatched about ~8 gundams series so far, this is the one I enjoyed the least, dropped but may binge it at a later date depending on reviews.

It irks me a bit, but I can't put my finger on it, feels kinda woke and childish, doesn't really feel like Gundam to me to be honest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2023

356 by Idriz_s »»
Apr 17, 1:29 PM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

16 by Nyron »»
Apr 17, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2022

105 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.