Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 27, 2022 8:46 PM
Oct 2019
Great start with storyline.
Oct 29, 2022 6:27 AM

Nov 2020
Great start to a new season! Damn 40 years has passed already... Fushi doesn't look like a boy anymore lmao. Opening is the same like in the 1st season and I fucking love it! Can't wait to see the rest of the show!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Oct 29, 2022 12:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Interesting first episode where Inmo was 40 years apart from everything, until.... kekeke
Oct 29, 2022 3:50 PM

Nov 2013
We watched the first episode of season 2 last night and I have mixed feelings. It is obvious that not the same level of care has been taken with the imagery of Fushi. He's the main character, yet it seems the quality control was lacking on his presentation. He comes across too ordinary now, like other anime characters--gone is that special charisma that made him magically special before. And in a lot of scenes, the anatomy is simply wrong, or deformed. Whomever is doing the animation here just doesn't know the human anatomy like the people that drew season one.
So they used a different studio? They should have stayed with the formula that worked. This is not Fushi as I knew him. This character seems alien to me.
The fact that they used the same op music and the less than moving end theme this time around left me feeling that the show was facing budget constraints.
I sure hope there's a Season 3 and that Brains Base is back in the driver seat for that. This season is somewhat disappointing. If they can't get the MC to look like himself, it's bad news.
Oct 29, 2022 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
Wistaire said:
The starting voice over was weird. Using the old OP feels cheap, almost like they ran out of budget... Pacing was off, animation a little stilted and I'm not sure I care for where the story is going. This could be my biggest let down of the year, damn.

Edit: not to mention the ED. What the fuck was that? It looks and sounds terrible, and not in a deliberate, artsy kind of way. If you told me this was someone's first Sony Vegas edit I'd believe it. Holy shit.

I have mixed feelings about this new season. The biggest problem is the art. That is not the Fushi I know from the manga. Half the time he looks like an aging rock star on drugs. The other half they can't even draw his anatomy correctly. Why or why didn't Brains Base continue for this season? It almost seems like the first season was a happy accident of everything working together in perfect synergy.

An yeah, that opening voice over, who even WAS that??

I think the flagging Japanese economy plays a role here--there a cost cutting measures and unfortunately, they cut some of the most important things. Fushi's very soul does not seem present in this new design. The MC depicted reminds me of other anime characters. That does not seem like Fushi.

I signed up for Twitter last night and I found that I could follow Reiji Kawashima, so I did. And I messaged him just a few minutes ago. I wrote:

"I am a big fan of Fumetsu no Anata e. Fushi is my favorite character of all time. Your acting is perfect. You are Fushi.
Season 1 was great. Brains Base did a fantastic job. However, season 2 has lost a lot of the magic. The character design of Fushi is not up to the great standards that made his almost magical aura. I hope that you will share my feedback with the studio. Hoping they will bring back Brains Base for season 3. I really want to see Fushi in the modern world!"
Oct 29, 2022 5:50 PM
Feb 2022
This was a really interesting episode so it gets an A,the animation company is still in charge of the project so that's a plus.
The team working on this put a lot of effort into this and I can't wait to see next weeks episode.
Oct 30, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2021
Seeing Tonari reunite with Fushi makes me so happy ^^
Oct 30, 2022 10:12 AM
Dec 2013
Great! I'm so glad Fushi is back, the year gap is a bit shocking but I'm sure we are going to see even greater things from now on!
Oct 30, 2022 1:16 PM

Jun 2019
It's back and it looks better than ever. The OP is the same but still has the same impact, the ED is new and very good. I like it very much. I will try not to attach myself with any characters in this show because you know...

Also, will be interesting to see things from her on out and Fushi will handle things. It's been 40 years after all. Tonari has grown into a fine woman and she's here to protect Fushi.
Oct 30, 2022 6:08 PM

Oct 2019
I CRY EVERYTIMEEE
Oct 30, 2022 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
The end was the best part!
Tonari!!!!!!!

O final foi a melhor parte!
Tonari!!!!!!!
Oct 31, 2022 8:09 AM
manga lover<3<3

Dec 2018
It's becoming a story of a causal relationship that is not a simple one. Impressive first episode!
Oct 31, 2022 9:16 AM

Apr 2021
Ahh yess!!! It's finally here!! It's been more than a year but to me to it feels like yesterday when I just completed the show. I still remember the story well. Fushi becoming an adult was where the first season ended. The studio stuck with the first season's OP. Man, the nostalgia I felt while hearing it. Anyways it's good to see Fushi and even Tonari too!!!
Can't wait to see the rest of the season!!!
Oct 31, 2022 9:25 PM

Apr 2018
They kept the OP song :o. The song itself is good but it did not fit some parts of the opening tbh.

Gosh dang, Hayase and her bloodline just won't die!
Nov 1, 2022 11:54 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Nice. Tonari's kinda badass. Let's go! We'll see how season two rolls! Admittedly, something about it felt a little fast though.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 2, 2022 12:56 PM
Aug 2021
I am so happy that production house used the 1st season Opening ,it just hits different 🫡
Nov 3, 2022 3:26 AM

Jan 2011
Annoying ending. EVERYBODY in this show has to be a fucking bad person don't they? EVEN people you liked in the previous season. EEEEVERYONE HAS TO BE EVIL.
No wonder there's not a single thread about this shit on /a/.
Nov 4, 2022 2:28 AM

Jul 2014
Yo that psycho is still following him even after her death lmao
Nov 18, 2022 11:15 AM

Sep 2013
So happy it's back!
Damn I did not realized Hayase has a daughter. (⊙_⊙)
[/url]
Nov 23, 2022 4:15 PM

Nov 2021
I'M SO GLAD IT'S BACK FOR A SEASON 2!!!
Dec 2, 2022 10:49 PM

May 2015
I like that the opening song doesn't spoil the way it did back in S1. That shit was spoiler fest.
Dec 21, 2022 2:42 PM

Mar 2010
Strong fucking start, to think the smol gal seemed harmless but that tan gal is epic asf and its kinda emotional/sentimental to see her all grown up and boomerized.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 4, 2023 4:16 AM
Jan 2017
muito foda, fushi pare de ser incel sorte sua que a menina da ilha chegou
Jan 12, 2023 6:05 AM

Jan 2014
ahh great, reincarnation
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Jan 14, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2019
And thus the suffering resumes. I wonder if the deaths are going to be as frequent as they were in season one. Tonari is alive and she's 40 years older, lol. I'm surprised Fushi didn't recognize her immediately. Hayase was apparently, sorta, kinda "reincarnated." The studio is different, but the anime feels similar. Here to a great season 🍻. I can't drink though…
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jan 17, 2023 8:44 PM
Jan 2019
Is it the same ending?
Jan 21, 2023 4:43 AM

Feb 2021
Morpheus1318 said:
Is it the same ending?
No, it is different in this season.
Mar 6, 2023 3:46 PM
Sep 2015
OweynLupton said:
As much as I'm glad to see this come back, this first episode felt ridiculously fast-paced. A village gets attacked, Fushi spends forty whole years on his own on an island, Hayase's granddaughter Hisame and a whole knew faction are introduced, it's revealed that Hisame has a Nokker in her arm, the concept of Fye is introduced, the entire journey to the village is completed, and then Tonari makes her return, all within the space of a single episode. It almost felt as if nothing had time to breathe.
Exactly my thoughts! Wtf is this ridiculous pacing?
Mar 11, 2023 2:57 AM
Jul 2021
Just by the intro I can already discern that this season is going to be sh!t. 

Turning this once beautiful story of an endless journey, full of discoveries, loss, sadness, sprinkled with a dust of happiness & love & what makes us "us" into just another bland shounen wanna be with battles and full of no body cares characters! 

All of that just from the intro! This is going to be a huge disappointing & waste of time.

And I was correct on the hugely disappointing department, what a waste of time this episode was. Compare this one with S1: EP1 and you'll see what I am talking about.
DawizzMar 11, 2023 3:22 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Mar 16, 2023 11:28 PM
Mar 2019
I am not ready for the depression ;-;
Mar 21, 2023 11:17 AM
Dec 2016
I have never hated a character much more than Hayase, talk about obsessive to the point that she'd reincarnate her will. And building a cult that shares the same values as her? Bruh
Sep 24, 2023 7:18 PM
Sep 2022
Good anime with different story then other anime
Oct 10, 2023 4:38 AM
Jul 2017
AMAZING episode 1 with the true goals of the evil girl's granddaughter. I wish the made the dark skinned girl's reveal a little slower, she dropped hints about it throughout the convos.

But still a great ep and a reunion of friends
Oct 15, 2023 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
So during the first season I thought how stupid the opening song was and how undeserving it was of this wonderful show. Guess what? They decided to bring in this awful song again for the second season! What a bunch of idiots!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 19, 2023 12:37 PM
Dec 2020
fkn hasayame coming back to haunt fushi go away!!
but actually glad to see tonamai older
Nov 21, 2023 6:12 PM

Apr 2022
That was fucking dreadful and it doesn’t help that the animation is so uninspired.

This series just keeps getting worse with every episode. DROPPED!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

99 by nuez_awakate »»
Mar 20, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

61 by mokshk »»
Feb 28, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2022

163 by GavrocheN7 »»
Feb 20, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

174 by Mewtologia »»
Jan 31, 11:40 PM

» season 3

mapols - Mar 5, 2023

14 by basspig »»
Jan 22, 11:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.