Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 23, 2022 9:11 AM
Nov 2020
Remocracy said:
akiramado19 said:
I first came across GL when I was a kid so late 00's, the visuals can't filter me. I take it Ditf ending isn't great but the ride entertained me more, plus zero two>>
That doesn't make it have good plot, it just means it's hornier lol

Is horny bad? —————
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Oct 23, 2022 9:31 AM
Oct 2020
akiramado19 said:
DragonSlayer1989 said:

LMFAO, this comment can't even be taken seriously.

I should ask you to elaborate but I already know it will be some shit like “mwaaahh how can you like ditf over ttgl waahhh”

Give me one (1) thing that TTGL did better than its predecessor

I would like to know what did its predecessor good? Because I don't remember anything than poor writing and a pile of hot garbage for horny teens. One of the most worthless mecha of our times, objectively.

TTGL did nothing bad, it also doesn't have any major plot holes.
Oct 23, 2022 9:54 AM
Oct 2019
No not even close ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝ‍โ™‚๏ธ
Oct 23, 2022 10:18 AM
May 2021
not a trigger anime, but no, not by a long shot
Oct 23, 2022 10:23 AM
Dec 2020
I would actually say it’s one of Trigger’s best, if edgerunners was longer it would be up there but it’s not. And kill La kill is good but not as good as Gurren Lagan. And Eva is alright I guess
Oct 23, 2022 10:26 AM
Nov 2020
DragonSlayer1989 said:
akiramado19 said:

I should ask you to elaborate but I already know it will be some shit like “mwaaahh how can you like ditf over ttgl waahhh”

poor writing
Your anime could be literally resumed as PLOT CONVENIENCE:THE ANIME. Not to mention the disastrous finale battle and the infinite stupid combos.
- Akira Toriyama

Oct 23, 2022 10:34 AM
Oct 2016
it's the best one.
Oct 23, 2022 11:06 AM
Oct 2020
akiramado19 said:
DragonSlayer1989 said:

poor writing
Your anime could be literally resumed as PLOT CONVENIENCE:THE ANIME. Not to mention the disastrous finale battle and the infinite stupid combos.

Can you point out those plot conveniences?

I guess your problem with TTGL is that you think the Spiral energy doesn't make sense and misunderstand it.
Oct 23, 2022 11:24 AM

Aug 2018
i cant believe this thread even exists, how can you even question GL i will never know ๐Ÿ’”

Oct 23, 2022 11:58 AM
Jun 2021
It's by Gainax not Trigger, and it will always be a masterpiece. โค๏ธ
Oct 23, 2022 12:03 PM

Sep 2020
I don't know man that's a pretty hard title to hold considering all that they've made.
Oct 23, 2022 12:20 PM
Jan 2021
Not trigger, best mecha
Oct 23, 2022 12:43 PM
Dec 2020
Cyrose said:
akiramado19 said:
I've watched a bunch of trigger anime (cyberpunk, ditf, psg, klk and eva) but this one seemed very bland and wacky compared to the others. Anyone else feels the same?

I simply can't understand why this anime is so highly prized. One of the worst anime I've ever seen..

Likes Darking in Franxx
Oct 23, 2022 1:03 PM
Jun 2021
akiramado19 said:
I've watched a bunch of trigger anime (cyberpunk, ditf, psg, klk and eva) but this one seemed very bland and wacky compared to the others. Anyone else feels the same?

This is my favorite anime of all time so definitely not. I found Kill la Kill more lacking cause the beginning of Kill la Kill was eh
Oct 23, 2022 1:09 PM
Oct 2015
no KLK and TTGL are amazing, BNA is easily the weakest
Oct 23, 2022 1:41 PM
Feb 2021
akiramado19 said:

It’s not trigger, it’s gainax, and the only one you listed from those that could even slightly compare to gurren Lagann is Eva
Oct 23, 2022 1:43 PM
Sep 2019
I never understood it, but I think it's mostly just this particular style of anime that I don't like. the character designs, fighting robots, etc just turn me off completely. I love the ideas behind it, but the execution is not for me. I rate it pretty low. But I can see why people love it if they like the style.
Oct 23, 2022 1:46 PM
Jan 2021
literally the best one bruh
Oct 23, 2022 2:18 PM
Nov 2020
TTGL is peak bro. Plus ditf exists which is their weakest imo
Oct 23, 2022 6:11 PM
Feb 2021
Nah, this anime is great and tell you to punch your problems in the and accomplish your dreams. Weakest one is definitely Darling in the Franzzz where they say "heterosexual sex is good"
Oct 24, 2022 2:19 AM
Feb 2020
Nah it’s ok enough
Oct 24, 2022 5:55 AM
Nov 2020
Uhm, in my opinion it's the best one. Initially it seems an excessive and almost meaningless anime, but after a few episodes it is understood that the story contains deep themes. Moreover, TTGL is more understandable than Eva (and more epic too).
QoeletOct 24, 2022 6:03 AM
Oct 24, 2022 6:57 AM
Dec 2019
This is actually probably my favorite Trigger anime, although it's in contention with edgerunners atm which just recently swept me away.
Oct 24, 2022 4:55 PM

Mar 2021
Hell no, this is up there with Eva.
Oct 24, 2022 5:12 PM
Jan 2018
akiramado19 said:
MFDOOMED said:
Mecha shows used to be loved by everyone. Gurren Lagann was the Super Robot love letter people never knew they needed. Done by Gainax. Maybe Diebuster will be more to your taste. It's only 6 episodes and if you loved 02, you will definitely love Nono.

If you decide to give Mecha another chance, Gwitch is airing right now. Without hype and unreasonable expectations, I think you could really enjoy it.
To answer your question, the worst Trigger anime is a tie between Kiznaiver and BNA.
Diebuster was fucking garbage. A fucking sequel (prequel) that wasn't needed.
I'm not unfamiliar to the mecha genre btw.

Diebuster has plenty of issues but it's not garbage. But plenty of people agree with you about Diebuster, so it's whatever. If you know the mecha genre you're either a real robot guy, a super robot guy, or someone that loves both. Gainax never really cared about real robots. Personally, TTGL is my fav non Gundam anime of all time. You don't have to feel that way. But how can you seriously say Kiznaiver or BNA are better anime than TTGL?
Oct 25, 2022 7:23 AM

Dec 2019
Nope (limitlimit)
Oct 25, 2022 10:03 AM

Dec 2019
Gurren Lagann is Gainax though (and so is PSG)...

And even then, this is by far the strongest show out of all of the ones you mentioned aside from Evangelion. I'd give the title of weakest to Darling In The Franxx and Cyberpunk.
Oct 25, 2022 10:13 AM
Jul 2022
it is a Gainax anime and it shits on anything from Trigger so far. How is Kizkniver or something like Kill la Kill going to compete?
Oct 25, 2022 2:36 PM
Nov 2020
TheAngryNerd said:
Gurren Lagann is Gainax though (and so is PSG)...

And even then, this is by far the strongest show out of all of the ones you mentioned aside from Evangelion. I'd give the title of weakest to Darling In The Franxx and Cyberpunk.
Saying cyberpunk is the weakest is just you being contrarian af.
- Akira Toriyama

Oct 25, 2022 3:59 PM
Feb 2022
I thought it was kinda boring at first but I started to really like the second half. I think Darling In The franXX is the worst trigger show tho in my opinion.
Nov 3, 2022 9:29 AM
Apr 2022
akiramado19 said:
ScionOfCyan said:
The over-the-topiness is presented as if it's serious because what it is intended to represent is a serious message.
(https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=887566)

You really want me to take the spiral craziness and wombo combos seriously, dawg?
No but that’s what’s so fun about it. I’ll admit it’s not for everyone but it’s definitely undeniably one of the best anime ever. Genuinely changed my life.
Nov 3, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2014
Nah dude, this is still Imaishi's best work as far as I'm concerned. I loved Kill La Kill and Cyberpunk Edgerunners, but they don't top this.
Take care of yourself

Nov 3, 2022 11:13 AM
Mar 2021
akiramado19 said:
DragonSlayer1989 said:

poor writing

oh my god, shut the fuck up, your comments are giving me a headache. Have you got no life?
Nov 3, 2022 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
This anime's Energy is so powerfull that it gets to you, It feels so good watching it xD. Regardless of the story but It's rare to find something to kick ass like this. Si would say It's explosive and I love it!
Nov 17, 2022 3:22 AM

Dec 2020
Saeedlfc said:
It's worse than Kill la Kill and Eva for me for sure, but idk about the actual worst overall...

Remocracy said:
That doesn't make it have good plot, it just means it's hornier lol

Let's not pretend like Gurren Lagann isn't horny af too, Yoko is proof of that.

Usapz said:
But not everyone is a dumb bitch like I am so I guess lot of people prefer Ttgl.

Nah, you have great taste, though I don't mind the manly aspect of TTGL, but I do prefer KLK and Eva over it :)

CBPman9001 said:
If we are to count Gainax anime as Trigger, which it sounds like you are. Then I would have to say the weakest anime by them is FLCL.

Agree with that, didn't enjoy FLCL at all.

CyraxMustard said:
Nah, this anime is great and tell you to punch your problems in the and accomplish your dreams. Weakest one is definitely Darling in the Franzzz where they say "heterosexual sex is good"

So you would have liked it if it said "yuri sex is good"? :/

Anonychan said:
The beauty of TTGL is that it has a deceptive amount of depth beneath that thematically illogical and bombastic nature. You can watch the anime as a turn your brain off show or compare it to Eva as the other side of the same coin. Every other "Trigger" anime aside from Eva is pretty terrible if we're being honest. KLK is the epitome of style and zero substance with even louder bombast than TTGL but nothing to back it up, meanwhile Edgerunners is a vapid westaboo Netflix cartoon. The others aren't even comparable.

DeFa- said:
Kill la kill by a mile for me

Makima stans ALWAYS with the worst takes :/

where do I stan makima?

makes sense why you like KLK, you have no comprehension.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Nov 17, 2022 3:50 AM

Dec 2020
Saeedlfc said:
DeFa- said:

where do I stan makima?

makes sense why you like KLK, you have no comprehension.

Whatever Chainsawman character that is, it's a pattern I've seen on here and Twitter, change Makima to Chainsaw man and my point still stands, you don't need ANY comprehension for Gurren Lagann.

so goes from makima to chainsaw man :// Just say csm then.

But of course the naruto and dragon ball fan has the worst takes

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Nov 17, 2022 6:30 AM

Jul 2019
No. This is the best show they have ever produced. Their recent releases called Edgerunners? That's their weakest.

Nov 17, 2022 7:57 AM

Dec 2020
Saeedlfc said:
DeFa- said:

so goes from makima to chainsaw man :// Just say csm then.

But of course the naruto and dragon ball fan has the worst takes

I mean you're commenting on a Gurren Lagann post despite not having seen it at all, and you only have two Trigger shows on your list, Kill la Kill and Cyberpunk.

You also have some other weird scores like with Jojo or Madoka, but sure I'm the one with the worst take...

Are you okay? I have seen gurren lagann, its literally on my list and always has been.

If we are including gainax I've also seen flcl and eva which are rated highly ?

By "weird scores" do you mean I have them lower rated? I thought madoka was underwhelming and did not like anything about it
I hated watching jojo, the only things I liked were the art styles and music.

How is having shows rated lower weird? Am I meant to enjoy and love everything I see?

I checked your profile and it isn't showing because you have it on plan to watch so if you clicked affinity with shared anime it won't show
DeFa-Nov 17, 2022 8:03 AM

Nov 20, 2022 8:20 PM
Apr 2019
This is Triggers magnum opus.
Nov 23, 2022 4:13 AM

Dec 2021
Not Trigger (it's Gainax, as Eva is, that also is not from the same director) and likely the best Imaishi
Feb 27, 2023 10:11 AM

Dec 2021
TheFirstHunter said:
akiramado19 said:

I would like to know what did its predecessor good? Because I don't remember anything than poor writing and a pile of hot garbage for horny teens. One of the most worthless mecha of our times, objectively.

Now i'm genuinely curious to know which ones in your mind are GL predecessors. Because while i don't agree with the person you're responding to (i think GL is better than most of its super-robot predecessors with 1 or 2 exceptions) i get what he's saying and i have a feeling you don't really know what shows he's talking about
Feb 27, 2023 12:27 PM
Oct 2020
Oznerol7 said:
TheFirstHunter said:

Now i'm genuinely curious to know which ones in your mind are GL predecessors. Because while i don't agree with the person you're responding to (i think GL is better than most of its super-robot predecessors with 1 or 2 exceptions) i get what he's saying and i have a feeling you don't really know what shows he's talking about
Besides Evangelion I think Gunbuster/Diebuster are the predecessors (by Gainax too). Getter Robo and Mobile Fighter G-Gundam were the ones that influenced TTGL the most, it's like a homage and mix of old mechas.
Feb 27, 2023 12:58 PM

Dec 2021
TheFirstHunter said:
Oznerol7 said:
Besides Evangelion I think Gunbuster/Diebuster are the predecessors (by Gainax too). Getter Robo and Mobile Fighter G-Gundam were the ones that influenced TTGL the most, it's like a homage and mix of old mechas.
Yeah, correct (there's also Imagawa's Giant Robot and GaoGaiGar). So, how does these series fits your description? (or, at the very least: how do they fit said description more than GL?)
Feb 27, 2023 1:38 PM
Oct 2020
Oznerol7 said:
TheFirstHunter said:
Yeah, correct (there's also Imagawa's Giant Robot and GaoGaiGar). So, how does these series fits your description? (or, at the very least: how do they fit said description more than GL?)
Haven't watched those yet but their premises remind me pretty much from TTGL, like I said they made a lot of references to old mecha that I never heard of lol

Thanks for new recs.
Feb 27, 2023 2:28 PM
Feb 2022
It's pretty much considered to be their best lol
Aug 17, 2023 3:01 AM
Jul 2019
nah its the strongest one
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.