Forum Settings
Forums

About the opening and ending listed here on MAL, and Anime Tenchou x Touhou's status as "lost media"

New
Oct 19, 2022 11:38 AM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
So, MAL lists the opening and ending themes as "Though the Flower Scattered, the Scent Lingers" and "Opposite World", both by the band Yuuhei Satellite. They've even got the full song MVs!

...Except, if Anime Tenchou x Touhou Project is lost media, HOW does MAL know what the opening and ending songs were?
And, what's more, those songs ALSO happen to be the first opening and ending of the Touhou doujin anime "Fantasy Kaleidoscope ~the Memories of Phantasm~", which is decidedly NOT Anime Tenchou x Touhou Project, nor does it even have any involvement with Anime Tenchou or ufotable, as far as I am aware

(Official YouTube upload from the doujin group that created Memories of Phantasm as proof)

Now, given that the Touhou segment of the OVA is lost (outside of a storyboard), I cannot claim for sure that the Memories of Phantasm OST *wasn't* licensed for it, so my question is this - "Do we absolutely know that Memories of Phantasm's opening and ending were also used in Anime Tenchou x Touhou Project, or did someone from MAL's database team make an honest mistake and got those two Touhou anime confused for one another? If that's not the case, and we do know that Memories of Phantasm music WAS used in Anime Tenchou x Touhou Project, does that mean somebody has the lost audio from this OVA somewhere?"

I highly suspect it's the former, and that the confusion may have stemmed from a popular fan upload of the OVA's storyboard which overlays it with Though the Flower Scattered, the Scent Lingers and Opposite World
My greatest contribution to this website:

More topics from this board

» Lost?

ShadowMonkey - Nov 1, 2019

17 by riutzbk »»
Mar 26, 2023 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.