Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

[poll] Chainsaw man first ep vs Tokyo ghoul First ep, with ignoring their manga

New
Chainsaw man first ep vs Tokyo ghoul First ep, with ignoring their manga. Which one is better?
tokyo ghoul Ep1
46.8%
Chainsaw man Ep1
53.2%
365 votes
Oct 14, 2022 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
if we ignore their manga, both anime at first ep are really good but what do you think? which one is better?

In my Opinion
Tokyo ghoul is far better
with these reasons...

1.Tokyo ghoul had better voice actors, almost all of them, special kaneki and touka
2.far better opening
3.both have good quality and graphic but tokyo ghoul is little bit better, 2D>Cgi
4.far better art and art style becase it is 2D not Cgi
5.better story and plot
6.better world building
7.better atmosphere
8.far better ost
9.better turning to evil or goul, in tokyo ghoul kaneki who turned to ghoul was far better, very intersting and had far better events, date with rize and... . Actually It was Unique.
10, better cast or charachters.
11. maybe another reason is, tokyo ghoul is sienen not shounen, in sienen anime everything is more real. and some reason i don't remember.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 14, 2022 2:52 AM

Nov 2016
Actionwise CSM was better, the content ain't anything spectacular. In terms of set up suspense and atmosphere I prefer Toky Ghoul.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2022 2:55 AM

Aug 2022
Tokyo Ghoul, haven't watched it in years and my memory is foggy but I atleast know it was good, chainsaw man episode one was really bad and I'm praying the rest of the series isn't going to be as shit.
Oct 14, 2022 2:57 AM
Feb 2021
I personally like csm better
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Oct 14, 2022 2:59 AM
Jan 2022
The two brilliantly introduce the protagonists, but i thin CSM animation was sick
Oct 14, 2022 3:05 AM
Apr 2022
TOKYO GHOUL is just my all time best
Oct 14, 2022 3:19 AM
Jun 2021
just comparing the first chapters of the manga tokyo ghoul is better. but overall i prefer chainsaw man
Oct 14, 2022 3:23 AM
Oct 2021
chainsaw man is better
Oct 14, 2022 3:25 AM

Jan 2021
Tokyo ghoul's first episode was actually brilliantly done. Its hard to top it.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 14, 2022 3:29 AM
Jan 2022
Tokyo ghoul and its not even close
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Oct 14, 2022 3:54 AM

Oct 2020
Obviously CSM ep 1 had way better animation and emotional story. The VA of Denji was Fantastic. BUT

The music in Tokyo Ghoul was way better than the 1st ep of CSM. The VA was also good, although Denji's VA was better imo. And lastly the Opening theme Boosts is enough for a win.

I loved the first episode of CSM but TOKYO GHOUL EP 1 was way more thrilling and an amazing turn of events.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Oct 14, 2022 4:15 AM
Aug 2022
i agree, tokyo ghoul was amazing. if we not ignore manga, manga tokyo ghoul is way better.
Oct 14, 2022 4:26 AM
Aug 2021
I liked csm but Tokyo Ghoul's 1st episode is better(ignoring the manga)
Oct 14, 2022 4:28 AM
Jul 2022
NakanoMeeks said:
Tokyo Ghoul, haven't watched it in years and my memory is foggy but I atleast know it was good, chainsaw man episode one was really bad and I'm praying the rest of the series isn't going to be as shit.

how was that masterpiece bad?
Oct 14, 2022 4:31 AM
Aug 2022
yeah, i think tokyo ghoul was better too, tokyo ghoul 1st ep one of telhe best first ep of anime
Oct 14, 2022 4:34 AM

Aug 2022
Ciulletto said:
NakanoMeeks said:

how was that masterpiece bad?

Awful animation and art style
Uninteresting and boring fight scenes especially in comparison to this part in the manga
The story seems pretty uninteresting at the moment, if it picks up from here it's the only thing left that can save this.
It's a fucking snoozefest and not even nice to look at
Oct 14, 2022 4:45 AM

Feb 2020
Tokyo Ghoul was better, no question

Oct 14, 2022 4:46 AM

Feb 2020
FMmatron said:
Actionwise CSM was better, the content ain't anything spectacular. In terms of set up suspense and atmosphere I prefer Toky Ghoul.

If we talking about the (first episode) bc i don't know CSM manga. Which fight were better in CSM? :D the cgi?

Oct 14, 2022 4:49 AM

Feb 2020
Inferno04 said:
if we ignore their manga, both anime at first ep are really good but what do you think? which one is better?

In my Opinion
with these reasons...

1.Tokyo ghoul had better voice actors, almost all of them, special kaneki and touka
2.far better opening
3.both have good quality and graphic but tokyo ghoul is little bit better, 2D>Cgi
5.better story and plot
6.better world building
7.better atmosphere
8.far better ost
9.better turning to evil or goul, in tokyo ghoul kaneki who turned to ghoul was far better, very intersting and had far better events, date with rize and... . Actually It was Unique.
11. maybe another reason is, tokyo ghoul is sienen not shounen, in sienen anime everything is more real. and some reason i don't remember.

Overall Tokyo Ghoul had so much potential.. the concept was great but the execution were really bad.. unfortunately :)

As art, animation, characters, plot goes there is no comparison to CSM at the moment and I believe it never be. Tokyo Ghoul was phenomenal.

Oct 14, 2022 4:53 AM

Feb 2020
Tokyo ghoul is one of my favorites while chainsaw man i didn't bother continuing after first few chapters, it's not my thing. Don't know about episode per say, i didn't watch it. Though i may watch anime for action alone
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 14, 2022 5:01 AM

Oct 2021
Inferno04 said:

In my Opinion
with these reasons...

2.far better opening
5.better story and plot
6.better world building
7.better atmosphere
8.far better ost

2d is not just a "little bit" better than CGI.
It's far superior than CGI.
Anime is Japanese cartoon.
And cartoons are drawings, not CGI.
yes.
Oct 14, 2022 5:28 AM
Jul 2021
Well who cares because AoT has the best first epi in all of fiction.
Oct 14, 2022 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
AsuxAX said:
Inferno04 said:

In my Opinion
with these reasons...

2.far better opening
5.better story and plot
6.better world building
7.better atmosphere
8.far better ost

2d is not just a "little bit" better than CGI.
It's far superior than CGI.
Anime is Japanese cartoon.
And cartoons are drawings, not CGI.
I Know, It's a fact
Oct 14, 2022 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Cyrose said:
Inferno04 said:

In my Opinion
with these reasons...

2.far better opening
5.better story and plot
6.better world building
7.better atmosphere
8.far better ost

Overall Tokyo Ghoul had so much potential.. the concept was great but the execution were really bad.. unfortunately :)

As art, animation, characters, plot goes there is no comparison to CSM at the moment and I believe it never be. Tokyo Ghoul was phenomenal.
That because skip scenes from manga, but at first few episode was good pacing
Oct 14, 2022 6:22 AM
Nov 2020
Tokyo ghoul not even close to csm
Oct 14, 2022 6:24 AM

Apr 2020
Respectfully, in my own opinion it's not even a comparison, CSM chapter 1 was absolutely beautifully portrayed in episode 1, the animation, the 2D blending, the rotoscoping, the cinematography, the compositing, the soundtrack, and the beautiful animated opening, everything felt cinematic. I like how denji at first was having a hard time carrying those huge chainsaw in his hand and in his head, that's why he look so clunky and weird, I love how MAPPA portray those small things that the manga didn't show. Another point is Tokyo Ghoul Op Unravel was good not just good it was a masterpiece, "the song is" but can you even compare it to CSM opening, visually speaking not the song? No, you can't only a blind person would say otherwise.
Oct 14, 2022 7:02 AM
Sep 2022
Tokyo ghoul 1st episode is best.
Oct 14, 2022 8:34 AM

Aug 2014
This guy made the exact same post in CSM threads and he agrees to his own nonsense of a post with alt accounts here as well. Also his broken english is not in his favour either. Why compare Tokyo Ghoul with CSM anyways?
Oct 14, 2022 9:51 AM

Aug 2022
GTRaijin said:
This guy made the exact same post in CSM threads and he agrees to his own nonsense of a post with alt accounts here as well. Also his broken english is not in his favour either. Why compare Tokyo Ghoul with CSM anyways?

They're pretty popular among the normie type modern anime fans so I suppose it makes sense to them
Oct 14, 2022 9:58 AM

Aug 2014
NakanoMeeks said:
GTRaijin said:

They're pretty popular among the normie type modern anime fans so I suppose it makes sense to them

Makes sense I guess though I didn't have even a slightest thought of comparing these two.
Oct 14, 2022 9:58 AM

Aug 2021
tokyo ghoul is hot garbage
Oct 14, 2022 10:21 AM
Jul 2019
it has been so long since i watched tokyo ghoul, and honestly i prefer chainsaw man, but in terms of first episode hype, i'm sure Tokyo ghoul is better, i remember how excited it made me to keep watching. Chainsaw man is amazing, the story and stuff too (coming from someone who read the manga), the animation is a lot better, but as i said, in terms of hype, Tokyo ghoul wins that one
Oct 14, 2022 10:32 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked for being a X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

843 by Fauxquse »»
Apr 4, 11:47 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.