Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2022 2:04 PM

Dec 2020
I know it's a dying art and all (and it isn't anywhere close to remotely perfect), but I had made a short AMV last month on S;G Episodes 12-14 and 21-22. You can take this as commercial spam if you want, but I'm just curious to get some thoughts. Also read description. Tell me if it's shit/mediocre/etc. Should go without saying, but if you haven't watched up to Episode 22 of S;G, just ignore this entirely. Or just ignore it regardless.

I'll probably regret making this post, but it's worth a shot.

I personally think it's Meh, but a stark improvement compared to everything else I've put out.
TheAceAttorneyOct 9, 2022 5:15 PM
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
(Ace Attorney T&T: Bridge to the Turnabout)
"I'm my worst critic." (Kendrick Lamar)
Oct 9, 2022 2:28 PM
Jun 2020
Personally I never found the appeal of creating AMVs. Good on you though.
Oct 9, 2022 2:41 PM
Sep 2021
How come the options are all bad lol. Have some pride in your work at least, I’m sure it’s better than the only 3 options you listed
Oct 9, 2022 3:09 PM

Dec 2020
Cross_2D said:
Personally I never found the appeal of creating AMVs. Good on you though.

Well yeah, they're frustrating to make, agonizing to organize footage for, and take 7hrs to render. Still, I like to think that a good AMV is an art form of editing, in itself.
TheAceAttorneyOct 11, 2022 8:20 AM
"Did you forget already? In my word the color "red" doesn't exist. These must be...my tears. Ever since I woke up from my coma...I think I've been waiting for this very moment. You'd do well to remember this, Maya. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
Oct 9, 2022 3:10 PM

Dec 2020
koshiguruma said:
How come the options are all bad lol. Have some pride in your work at least, I’m sure it’s better than the only 3 options you listed

I have a bit of an inferiority problem, that's probably why. Also I've seen AMVs which are just an absolute spectacle, while mine was just a short passion project.
Oct 9, 2022 4:39 PM
Oct 2020
Very good. (Your vote)
Oct 9, 2022 4:58 PM

Dec 2019
^this
Super dope many of the visuals are on-beat, im not particularly a fan of these recent tiktok type AMV/edits with crazy effects that trigger seizures lol so this AMV was refreshing
Oct 9, 2022 5:12 PM

Dec 2020
Euroqean said:
^this
Super dope many of the visuals are on-beat, im not particularly a fan of these recent tiktok type AMV/edits with crazy effects that trigger seizures lol so this AMV was refreshing

Yeah, my friend loses her shit over those edits, but they make no sense in regard to the actual content they're portraying. 99% of the time it's just a trending Tiktok song that doesn't fit whatsoever. Thanks!
Oct 9, 2022 5:30 PM
Feb 2019
Niice. My vote would be
□ Very Good

The song fits the depressing mood of the series. Especially the visuals you put together alongside the lyrics being sung.

Nice job 👌
Oct 9, 2022 8:26 PM

Dec 2020
I like the video but Didn't liked the song choice.
Oct 9, 2022 8:31 PM
Jan 2021
this is way better than those people inserting trending songs which lacks meaning and dosent fit the edit whatsoever i am digging this lol
Oct 9, 2022 9:19 PM

Dec 2020
TheFounder131 said:
I like the video but Didn't liked the song choice.

Personally, I enjoy the song (For Whom The Bell Tolls by JCole), but it wasn't my first choice. It just so happens I lost that project on my old Pc. That song I was going to use inspired Steins;Gate, I'm convinced with how well each lyric fit. When it comes to AMVs, you need to make sure the song in question fits with what you are trying to portray. The song fits pretty well.
Oct 9, 2022 9:23 PM

May 2022
you know, its really decent. i liked the music choice, it fits at least, not like some trendy song or any other popular ones. though imo it lacked on-beat frames near the beginning and the end. overall, good one.
p.s. its really good and reassuring to have someone supporting you in your thing, so dont be so harsh on your own work, someday it'll meet your expectations through the effort, ganbare!
Oct 9, 2022 9:29 PM

Dec 2020
XalekMe said:
you know, its really decent. i liked the music choice, it fits at least, not like some trendy song or any other popular ones. though imo it lacked on-beat frames near the beginning and the end. overall, good one.
p.s. its really good and reassuring to have someone supporting you in your thing, so dont be so harsh on your own work, someday it'll meet your expectations through the effort, ganbare!

Yeah I'll admit in the end, I kinda just lost sight of what I was trying to do. In the beginning, it was intentional, since I wanted it to match the lyrics. Thanks, appreciate it.
It's just I hate those 16 year old something kids who post on music videos "I'm just a kid trying to make it in the rap industry, I know no one will give me a chance, but..." (Shameless promoting). And I guess subconsciously I kind of related this post to that. Appreciate the feedback!
Oct 9, 2022 11:37 PM
Oct 2021
bro why is all the options are bad💀 it's like you're a tsundere character and want some attention but don't wanna declare it lol
Oct 9, 2022 11:42 PM

Dec 2020
Patefes said:
bro why is all the options are bad💀 it's like you're a tsundere character and want some attention but don't wanna declare it lol

LMAO, I actually see Semi-decent as a good thing. It's just my standards even for myself are quite high, since I've seen so many incredible AMVs that just make me go "How the fuck did they make this?" Some of those edits genuinely belong in a competition for editing. In comparison, mine is like a drop in a bucket. To me, it's the best thing I've put out, but my editing skills still need a lot of work. Still, I started out with crappy Naruto AMVs in Sharefactory (A PS4 program which has a max splitting limit and project length and so many limitations), and came this far. So, at least I've accomplished something.
Oct 9, 2022 11:49 PM
May 2016
wait so if I drop a private video link then everyone can actually view it..
Oct 10, 2022 6:40 AM
Mar 2019
I too believe the amv was good without those overkill effects... Though the song wasn't good and it didn't fit with the steins gate theme.... Just my opinion... Still the vote options :D
Oct 10, 2022 7:05 AM

Dec 2020
A14 said:
I too believe the amv was good without those overkill effects... Though the song wasn't good and it didn't fit with the steins gate theme.... Just my opinion... Still the vote options :D

I think the song fit well, due to its overlap with S;G's themes of hopelessness and desperation. It's interesting how so many people don't like the song choice.
Oct 10, 2022 9:06 PM

Aug 2021
it was really good!!!
Oct 10, 2022 9:46 PM
Jul 2018
I quite liked this, a little long for my taste in AMVs but that is a very very minor complaint as I enjoyed it throughout. Well edited, you lined up the scenes and different shots very well. It was smooth, flowed together really well. Cool stuff.
Oct 10, 2022 10:47 PM

Mar 2015
the song kinda fits at least. other than that idk, the entire thing isn't horrible ig
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Oct 11, 2022 7:57 AM

Dec 2020
pasanoid said:
the song kinda fits at least. other than that idk, the entire thing isn't horrible ig

Thanks for the feedback!
Oct 11, 2022 7:58 AM

Dec 2020
BananaStew5 said:
I quite liked this, a little long for my taste in AMVs but that is a very very minor complaint as I enjoyed it throughout. Well edited, you lined up the scenes and different shots very well. It was smooth, flowed together really well. Cool stuff.

Hopefully, I can improve.
Oct 11, 2022 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
TheAceAttorney said:
BananaStew5 said:

As an artist myself, there’s always room for improvement, but you did a good job. It’s easy to put yourself down as an artist (believe me I know) but know when to give yourself credit when it’s due, and when also to critique your stuff. Look back on your amv and see what you can do to make it better and work in that.
Oct 12, 2022 9:34 AM

Dec 2020
BananaStew5 said:
TheAceAttorney said:

As an artist myself, there’s always room for improvement, but you did a good job. It’s easy to put yourself down as an artist (believe me I know) but know when to give yourself credit when it’s due, and when also to critique your stuff. Look back on your amv and see what you can do to make it better and work in that.

Well I wouldn't really characterize what I did as "art," but yeah a well-made AMV is an editing art form. Well, I appreciate the support!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.