Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (38) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2022 11:19 AM

May 2012
Amazing episode. As we all know...

Good ducking job, Disney. Great. Fantastic job.
Oct 9, 2022 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
someone is gonna get fired by Disney for leaking this shit lol

old man Yamamoto being badass, the animation quality is movie like for sure at least on the same movie quality of past Bleach movies, the 3DCG Hollows are done well too

im not sure if they can maintain this awesome animation quality all through out but i hope they do, first few episodes of any anime usually are best animated anyway

i forgot most of the story now since its been years that i read the manga but ye i remember the Quincies can nullify the Bankais

degOct 9, 2022 7:33 PM
Oct 9, 2022 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
The production quality is top tier and that was a great start but damn boy this getting leaked is gonna have heavy consequences.
Oct 9, 2022 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
Damn production, animaton and shots were awsome, a great start for TYBW. Sad that it got leaked.
NymbrisOct 9, 2022 11:51 AM
Oct 9, 2022 11:58 AM

Sep 2021
This was an awesome episode, great OST, and animation but shame it got leaked, i mean shame for the company
Oct 9, 2022 11:59 AM
Jan 2017
that cgi on the hollows tho
Oct 9, 2022 12:02 PM

May 2021
The Episode was great!! Animation and th story! Really hope it will maintain the quality until the end!

On the other hand about the ep
I am really interested for the next ep!

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Oct 9, 2022 12:03 PM
Nov 2021
INCREDIBLE THE BEST ANIME EVER
Oct 9, 2022 12:04 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wonderful! Subarashi!

In an instant you are celebrating the return of Ichigo and Cia. and suddenly it goes into action, mystery and a new enemy

I'm already looking forward to the second episode!! kekeke
Oct 9, 2022 12:05 PM

Oct 2020
The episode is okay, and the animation improved, but the fact that this the Orihime in the episode diminishes. Ichigo's voice actor has diminished over the years.
HurnskOct 9, 2022 12:12 PM
Oct 9, 2022 12:08 PM

May 2012
It was Viz that leaked the EP, not Disney. Sorry. This is the same content shown during the prescreening process.

Tomorrow we should get the episode with the opening.
Mapachecool999 said:
This was an awesome episode, great OST, and animation but shame it got leaked, i mean shame for the company

Yeah no doubt some clown is getting sued. This license must've costed a ton to get.

Oct 9, 2022 12:11 PM
Dec 2021
the cgi was ok great background art and compositing and good animation but not movie level tho
Oct 9, 2022 12:14 PM

Nov 2016
Holy fuck, this is looking fire and with great pacing to boot. One Piece fanboys gotta kneel, our series will never reach the divine final form.

deg said:
someone is gonna get fired by Disney for leaking this shit lol

He did it for the boys

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2022 12:20 PM
Jan 2022
I haven't watched the episode yet, but I can already tell this is the strongest start to an anime this (stacked) season. And it's obvious at this point that this anime will be an aesthetic, symbolic and ethereal masterpiece just like the manga.

Bleach downplayers can end themselves now. It's over.

Edit: What an absolutely perfect first episode. Mobilised and focused pacing that established all the plot points I wanted from BLEACH's entrance, with us getting to see the main cast in the Hollow fight, the introduction of Esbern to establish the presence of a looming and shadowy Quincy threat, and of course the Quincies making their ostentatious and symbolic declaration of war against the Shinigami by blasting the dead lieutenant of the First Division into the Head Captain's barracks before his eyes. The animation looks incredible and I eagerly await the sakuga in the upcoming major fights. We even saw dynamic camera movements in Ichigo's fight with Esbern. The Hollow CGI was barely noticeable (which the gorgeous compositing and lighting did favours for), the music and sound design never miss with this series, the background art was amazing, and of course Ichigo's black Getsuga was peakino. State-of-the-art, cinematic direction by Taguchi. A decade-long anticipated high-profile title deserves nothing less. Bleachchads just keep on WINNING.
019XYZJul 19, 2023 1:55 PM
Oct 9, 2022 12:20 PM

Jan 2012
It's looking very good I hope the rest is like this too
Oct 9, 2022 12:22 PM

Aug 2019
I had to laugh when Getsuga Tensho caused that big ass explosion for absolutely no reason other than because it was meant to look cool. Screw continuity and logic though I guess. Did Michael Bay direct this episode? Lol.

Also those damn CGI Hollows are among the worst CGI I've ever witnessed. It was FMAB CGI Envy levels of bad, except that at least FMAB had the excuse of being a 2009 anime to justify its ugly CGI; what's this episode's excuse?
Oct 9, 2022 12:24 PM

May 2012
Early_Morning said:
I had to laugh when Getsuga Tensho caused that big ass explosion for absolutely no reason other than because it was meant to look cool. Screw continuity and logic though I guess. Did Michael Bay direct this episode? Lol.

Also those damn CGI Hollows are among the worst CGI I've ever witnessed. It was FMAB CGI Envy levels of bad, except that at least FMAB had the excuse of being a 2009 anime to justify its ugly CGI; what's this episode's excuse?

Hollows are irrelevant, Envy is not

Getsuga tensho has always caused explosions
Oct 9, 2022 12:26 PM
suii

Dec 2018
its back, crazy...
Oct 9, 2022 12:27 PM

Aug 2019
k11chi said:

Not consistently. I literally re-watched the whole Bleach series earlier this year in preparation for this series and in most situations Getsuga Tensho in the anime is just a burst of black energy. Other than a couple of instances for dramatic effect, it didn't cause explosions on a regular basis because that's not how it was meant to be portrayed. And even in those rare exceptions, GT never caused a freaking nuke blast like it did in this episode...
Oct 9, 2022 12:29 PM

Jan 2009
Orihime being cute in this scene

Oct 9, 2022 12:30 PM

May 2012
Early_Morning said:
k11chi said:

Not consistently. I literally re-watched the whole Bleach series earlier this year in preparation for this series and in most situations Getsuga Tensho in the anime is just a burst of black energy. Other than a couple of instances for dramatic effect, it didn't cause explosions on a regular basis because that's not how it was meant to be portrayed.

Just because it's not consistent doesn't mean it doesn't explode. It's a condensed form of reiatsu. It does cause explosions. When Ichigo clashed with Aizen in FKT for the first time the Getsuga tensho pieces alone were exploding all over the city.
Oct 9, 2022 12:31 PM
Jan 2022
k11chi said:
Early_Morning said:

He's complaining about a blast of condensed reiatsu designed for large-scale damage and destruction causing an explosion. You just know he's going to go into every episode finding the most stupid things to nitpick about like he did with this one LOL
Oct 9, 2022 12:34 PM

May 2012
-FALSE said:
k11chi said:

He's complaining about a blast of condensed reiatsu designed for large-scale damage and destruction causing an explosion. You just know he's going to go into every episode finding the most stupid things to nitpick about like he did with this one LOL

Yeah, and when the condensed reiatsu gets a bit shaky it can explode. Isshin's Getsugatensho is a reiatsu-flame slash that also can also explode into a wide amount of reiatsu.

Oct 9, 2022 12:40 PM
Jul 2020
Amazing first episode, this gonna be so good🔥🔥🔥
Oct 9, 2022 12:47 PM

May 2015
Early_Morning said:
k11chi said:

Not consistently. I literally re-watched the whole Bleach series earlier this year in preparation for this series and in most situations Getsuga Tensho in the anime is just a burst of black energy. Other than a couple of instances for dramatic effect, it didn't cause explosions on a regular basis because that's not how it was meant to be portrayed. And even in those rare exceptions, GT never caused a freaking nuke blast like it did in this episode...
Happened vs Ginjo, Tsukishima, Gin, in filler arcs, in movies, etc. Could be for variety of reasons but yes Getsuga Tensho has frequently exploded.

Oct 9, 2022 12:49 PM
Feb 2017
WELCOME BACK KING ♥♥♥
Oct 9, 2022 12:51 PM
Apr 2015
Bleach is back!!!
Oct 9, 2022 12:52 PM

Aug 2010
THE BEST - BANKAI !!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 9, 2022 12:59 PM
Dec 2015
waited 10 years or more to hear bankai once again. worth it.
Oct 9, 2022 1:03 PM

Dec 2015
Watched without subs as at torrents there are no english options so far.

FIRE! Episode.
The introduction of main cast in the style of pink/purple color like in Akudama Drive.
Ebern fight.
Declaration of War.
Damn

And the long ending with Whole Rapport song from Bleach Ex Trailer with edited short recap of whole canon bleach episodes... Man I've cried so hard. We're eating good finally !
Oct 9, 2022 1:05 PM

Jan 2016
I didn't like the pacing of episode, seems way too fast...
Oct 9, 2022 1:05 PM

Jul 2017
That leak is brutal. Good to re-experience nostalgia though with this show returning, even if I'm not a fan of the writing and story of this series and particular arc. I've used an Ichigo keychain for 4 and a half years now daily alongside the Assassination Classroom one a month or 2 after I finished Bleach. Crazy to think that I was in high school then and now I'm in uni, continents away from where I used to live and am just getting older and older as time flies. Good to have it back though despite the messy story, Bleach deserves to have a complete anime too. Will re-watch the premiere whenever the dub arrives, hopefully very soon. The color palette is a bit timid but it looks pretty solid overall and a nice, fresh update to its style from how it looked for the majority of its run previously.
Oct 9, 2022 1:06 PM
Sep 2020
Emersonsm said:
I didn't like the pacing of episode, seems way to fast...
It is perfect, maybe the slow pacing in the original bleach might have effected your viewing experience
Oct 9, 2022 1:07 PM

Jan 2021
Finally bleach is back and what a start. The animation and Ost are just brilliant. Dont care what people say but this is the best start we have this fall. After 10 years I can finally say that this lives up to the hype.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 9, 2022 1:08 PM

Jul 2017
Emersonsm said:

The pacing is naturally going to be faster, they're adapting 200+ chapters in 48-50 approximate episodes and there's no filler or reason for the anime to just stagnate as the original had to keep on pace with the manga while the anime has all the material it needs to adapt without worrying about catching up too much to the manga.
Oct 9, 2022 1:09 PM
Sep 2020
animejas said:
Emersonsm said:

The pacing is naturally going to be faster, they're adapting 200+ chapters in 48-50 approximate episodes and there's no filler or reason for the anime to just stagnate as the original had to keep on pace with the manga while the anime has all the material it needs to adapt without worrying about catching up too much to the manga.

There is also a leak saying that they will fix this arc second half or something like that?
Oct 9, 2022 1:10 PM

Jan 2021

This is a line that gave me so much chills in the manga. Just showed how badass Yamaji is. Cool to see him again and his fight later on is going to be epic.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 9, 2022 1:11 PM

Jan 2016
Mack_Yeager said:
Emersonsm said:
It is perfect, maybe the slow pacing in the original bleach might have effected your viewing experience

Maybe, I prefer a first episode where not many things happen. They fought hollows, after fought a quincy and Sasakibe almost die... all this in an introductory episode lol
Oct 9, 2022 1:12 PM

Jan 2019
I just watched the first episode. I'm speechless.
What can I say is, this is an anime made with love and care for the original work. Taguchi has already said he was a manga reader, so it's made for fans BY A FAN himself. He's even putting the manga volume's poem at the end of every episode, which is something important the first anime didn't had.

10 years worth waiting for. Bleach fans, be grateful.
neffst3rOct 9, 2022 1:16 PM
Oct 9, 2022 1:14 PM

Jan 2016
animejas said:
Emersonsm said:

Yeah ofc, but i didn't expect this faster on the first episode, I was thinking something more introductory considering the series took a big hiatus ;)
Oct 9, 2022 1:15 PM
Sep 2022
Bleach is back everyone!! It's Ban-kai time!!!
Oct 9, 2022 1:16 PM

May 2015
Emersonsm said:
Mack_Yeager said:

Maybe, I prefer a first episode where not many things happen. They fought hollows, after fought a quincy and Sasakibe almost die... all this in an introductory episode lol
That's just how the arc is structured lol. All that happens in the first 3 chapters of the arc. Just straight to the action!

Oct 9, 2022 1:19 PM
Aug 2018
What an incredible quality of animation Bleach is receiving the treatment it deserved since the beginning of the work back in 2004. I really liked episode 1 competent animation and the great soundtrack. I also really liked the ending song. let's hope this arc maintains the quality until the end in technical terms and I'm also curious about the additions to the story that they said it will have.
For sure BLEACH Thousand Year Blood war is one of the best anime of 2022 I will not miss an episode of this arc during the 4 launch cours. Bleach is in my opinion one of the best Shounens ever made alongside HxH 2011 so I'm looking forward to everything in this final anime arc.
For those who haven't seen anything from the manga, wait for many revelations and epic fights in this final saga.
Oct 9, 2022 1:22 PM
May 2020
the animation and the soundtrack is a 10/10
Oct 9, 2022 1:24 PM
Jun 2020
masterpiece on another level
Oct 9, 2022 1:28 PM

Dec 2010
Over 10 years and we're finally back! I didn't think I'd ever be so hyped for a Shounen again, but I guess Bleach is just Bleach. Ichigo's theme playing during the Hollow fight scene was hype as fuck!
Oct 9, 2022 1:32 PM
Jan 2016
While I remember being disappointed with how this arc goes on as an original manga reader, I still was able to enjoy it.
Loved the animation and art and how this arc began!
Oct 9, 2022 1:49 PM
Sep 2022
Op episode, like it
Oct 9, 2022 1:51 PM
May 2021
Wow just woww!!! Animation is soo 😭😭🔥🔥🔥 omfg and the ending too!! i love itt 🔥🔥 IchiGOAT IS BACK!!
Oct 9, 2022 1:54 PM

Aug 2019
That Bankai brought in a rush of nostalgia

Pages (38) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2022

412 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 10, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 14, 2022

694 by Listone »»
Mar 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

579 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

147 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

218 by Stylefarman »»
Mar 21, 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.