Forum Settings
Forums

Fantasy Anime League Rule Clarifications

New
Oct 8, 2022 9:58 PM

Sep 2018
This is my first time participating in FAL and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, the Ace. It states that you can only Ace a show once each and that the Ace is only successful if it scores the most points that week. Let's say that one week I Ace something, i'm right, and then the next week that same show still is giving me the most points. If I Ace the show that will give me the next largest amount of points, is this a successful Ace since it received the most points out of the shows I am eligible to Ace? So on and so forth for weeks 3,4, etc...?

Secondly, in regard to swaps and Aces, am I correct in my understanding that I can use these at any point before scores are tallied for the week? Even up until 5 minutes before? If so, is there any reason or penalty preventing me from doing so? It seems waiting until just before is most logical.

Lastly, in regard to shows that started before FAL (aka before Oct 2) not receiving points for their week 1 forum posts, you do still get points for the watchers correct? In other words, if I had a show on my active that started before Oct 2nd, I can get the "users watching" points for week one and then swap it out in the next week with a show that will get full forum points since it aired after the start of FAL?

If these questions could be answered it would be very helpful. Thank you.
NoDropZoneOct 8, 2022 10:03 PM
Oct 10, 2022 6:38 AM
Nov 2010
NoDropZone said:
This is my first time participating in FAL and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, the Ace. It states that you can only Ace a show once each and that the Ace is only successful if it scores the most points that week. Let's say that one week I Ace something, i'm right, and then the next week that same show still is giving me the most points. If I Ace the show that will give me the next largest amount of points, is this a successful Ace since it received the most points out of the shows I am eligible to Ace? So on and so forth for weeks 3,4, etc...?

Secondly, in regard to swaps and Aces, am I correct in my understanding that I can use these at any point before scores are tallied for the week? Even up until 5 minutes before? If so, is there any reason or penalty preventing me from doing so? It seems waiting until just before is most logical.

Lastly, in regard to shows that started before FAL (aka before Oct 2) not receiving points for their week 1 forum posts, you do still get points for the watchers correct? In other words, if I had a show on my active that started before Oct 2nd, I can get the "users watching" points for week one and then swap it out in the next week with a show that will get full forum points since it aired after the start of FAL?

If these questions could be answered it would be very helpful. Thank you.

Hey there, I would advise posting here next time: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?clubid=379, but I'll answer these questions for you.

1) No, it is not a successful ace unless the anime with the largest amount of points exceeds 85,000 watching (let's call it Anime A), or unless you swap out Anime A, making the anime formerly the next largest the new largest.

2) Yes, you can use them any time. No penalties whatsoever.

3) Yes, that is correct.
Oct 13, 2022 6:28 PM

Feb 2019
Hi hi! I am confused on the Ace. So I aced "Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!" and it was successful, so, it is still my highest scored in active. Since that means I can't pick that anime again will I be able to successfully select another thats in my active or do I have to make Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!
inactive since it has the most watched in my active?
I tried to make it make sense Im sorry its confusing, but thanks you to anyone who can help! 💞
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Oct 14, 2022 10:25 PM
Nov 2010
IsaBelle33 said:
Hi hi! I am confused on the Ace. So I aced "Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!" and it was successful, so, it is still my highest scored in active. Since that means I can't pick that anime again will I be able to successfully select another thats in my active or do I have to make Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!
I tried to make it make sense Im sorry its confusing, but thanks you to anyone who can help! 💞

You have to make Kage inactive, or wait until it hits 85k watching (which is unlikely for this week). I would not advise making Kage inactive though because that would make you lose a lot of points and waste a valuable swap later down the road when the season is still early. You just don't ace this week.

You don't have to ace every week btw. It really depends on the situation.
eplipswichOct 14, 2022 10:29 PM
Oct 15, 2022 5:44 PM

Feb 2019
eplipswich said:
IsaBelle33 said:

You have to make Kage inactive, or wait until it hits 85k watching (which is unlikely for this week). I would not advise making Kage inactive though because that would make you lose a lot of points and waste a valuable swap later down the road when the season is still early. You just don't ace this week.

You don't have to ace every week btw. It really depends on the situation.

Ooooo okay okay thank you so much!! I thought I would lose 5k if i didn't select an ace. ^_^
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Jan 8, 11:21 PM
Jan 2024
See i am new on the FAL so i just wanna ask a question so active anime count points and bench anime dont ok this is understandable to me but when i am swapping an anime it shows 0 points so will a swapped anime be counted from next week ???? Please anyone clarify
Jan 11, 10:15 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Reply to LEVIATHAN_6969
See i am new on the FAL so i just wanna ask a question so active anime count points and bench anime dont ok this is understandable to me but when i am swapping an anime it shows 0 points so will a swapped anime be counted from next week ???? Please anyone clarify
@LEVIATHAN_6969 if the anime you’re swapping for has 0 points, that means it hasn’t aired yet, if I understand your question correctly.
Feb 5, 3:56 PM
Jan 2024
Regarding the Ace mechanism, it’s fascinating how one must strategize not just for the present week but also anticipate future performances. It’s like trying to predict the next plot twist in a mystery anime – you think you’ve got it all figured out until the story throws a curveball, and suddenly your Ace feels more like a Joker

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

16 by mutsukii »»
Yesterday, 10:37 PM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

9 by jay »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.