Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2022 9:19 AM

Aug 2009
Não estou entendendo o que querem fazer aqui, gostei da intro com a participação da Forces, e da abertura igual a do filme, porém foram cortadas muitas cenas e apressaram bastante o que já era corrido no filme.
Oct 10, 2022 11:37 AM
May 2014
I loved the opening AMV. As a massive fan of the God Hand Forces remix, I really appreciated it.
Oct 10, 2022 1:31 PM

Jul 2012
Leylarrk said:
Danpmss said:

I agree with every word, but I think it's not too late for that yet.

Like, I think the Bonfire of Dreams is yet another opportunity to revisit Guts warming up to the Band of the Hawk, as he is mesmerizing over his journey with them and how it changed him for the better and gave him purpose. Same thing with Guts' past flashback that we never really got fully animated so far, it can be inserted somewhere around the time

For now I'll patiently wait to see if this is just our usual TV edit with little extra scenes and adjustments, or an actual adaptation expansion with something more than only what was announced.
The timer in the site gives me hope for something more by ep 10 or so.
It seems you've all forgotten this is a memorial editon, not necessarily a remake

Nah, I'm well aware, but they ARE expanding upon it with the Bonfire of Dreams segment, they could just be doing the same with the mentioned hundreds of adjustments, maybe with other story elements.
No need to have high expectations, but we can dream a bit even then haha
Oct 10, 2022 3:02 PM
May 2020
skipped a lot from the manga
Oct 10, 2022 3:24 PM
Mar 2022
Danpmss said:

Nah, I'm well aware, but they ARE expanding upon it with the Bonfire of Dreams segment

As far I understand, that part was already animated which begs the question, why was it cut from the movie in the first place? It seems they are just adding leftovers.
Oct 10, 2022 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
Stardrake said:
Danpmss said:

Nah, I'm well aware, but they ARE expanding upon it with the Bonfire of Dreams segment

As far I understand, that part was already animated which begs the question, why was it cut from the movie in the first place? It seems they are just adding leftovers.

I wouldn't be able to answer that, honestly. I'm ignorant on whether they confirmed which portions they cut from the movies even though they were done already, let alone knowing if they even had storyboards for the other stuff they left out. But as chance isn't zero, I would still remain positive that they may just have more major things regarding this Memorial Editiion (considering there's a timer that reaches zero around the same time ep 10 airs).

Oct 10, 2022 3:44 PM

Jul 2021
Stardrake said:
I guess by "new scenes" we can now assume it is campfire of dreams which they already had animated

You're telling me they specifically removed that scene from the original movie? I mean, WHAT?

If they cut that out, then what was really left to Berserk?
Oct 10, 2022 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
So, am I the only one who was confused by this Hollywood trailer at the very beginning? Also, has Berserk always been so quasi-realistic, or is it the decision of the filmmakers?
Oct 10, 2022 5:55 PM

Jul 2021
RobertBobert said:
So, am I the only one who was confused by this Hollywood trailer at the very beginning?

The 4-minute music video? It was kind of cool but yes, I don't think it has any business being in the beginning of a 2nd episode. I'm almost suspecting the studio did not have enough material for the episode and had to fill time somehow.

RobertBobert said:
Also, has Berserk always been so quasi-realistic, or is it the decision of the filmmakers?

Can you clarify what you mean by "quasi-realistic"? In this episode alone there's a character in the latter half that's pretty fantastical :P
Oct 10, 2022 6:27 PM

Apr 2012
perseii said:
RobertBobert said:
So, am I the only one who was confused by this Hollywood trailer at the very beginning?

The 4-minute music video? It was kind of cool but yes, I don't think it has any business being in the beginning of a 2nd episode. I'm almost suspecting the studio did not have enough material for the episode and had to fill time somehow.

RobertBobert said:
Also, has Berserk always been so quasi-realistic, or is it the decision of the filmmakers?

Can you clarify what you mean by "quasi-realistic"? In this episode alone there's a character in the latter half that's pretty fantastical :P

That's why I called it quasi-realistic, since it's still fantasy. I meant medieval battles that look like I'm watching a naturalistic historical film.
Oct 10, 2022 7:19 PM
Feb 2020
ChristianLobo said:
Não estou entendendo o que querem fazer aqui, gostei da intro com a participação da Forces, e da abertura igual a do filme, porém foram cortadas muitas cenas e apressaram bastante o que já era corrido no filme.
Até agora não cortaram nada dos filmes, o máximo que fizeram aqui foram aparar algumas cenas, mas também concordo que não faz sentido o que fizeram aqui, se usassem esses minutos iniciais para mostrar um pouquinho mais do Guts antes do timeskip de 3 anos seria melhor
Oct 10, 2022 7:22 PM
Feb 2020
Stardrake said:
Danpmss said:

No, the scene was animated to this edition
Oct 10, 2022 8:04 PM
Aug 2020
zoddddddddddddddd
Oct 10, 2022 8:46 PM

Jul 2021
RobertBobert said:
That's why I called it quasi-realistic, since it's still fantasy. I meant medieval battles that look like I'm watching a naturalistic historical film.

Oh, I've always regarded Berserk as fantasy through and through, so I misunderstood there.

Now that you mention it, I do see where you're coming from. When people get killed in the manga, they often get absolutely eviscerated, but in the show the violence is more toned down. Also, this show likes to focus on sweeping shots of medieval battlefield carnage more than the manga does. I recall the manga focusing on the characters more and spending less time on "setting the stage", like showing nameless soldiers crossing swords or climbing siege towers.

I agree this might have the effect of making the story feel more realistic and historical, but not by a lot, I feel. Remember, a large part of the Golden Age arc of Berserk is grounded in reality, where fantasy elements are minimal. At this point in the story, the world does not believe in demons and magic, and the latter half of the episode would have absolutely baffled and terrified the characters (at least, it does in the manga... in the show, I don't think this was conveyed to the audience very well)
Oct 11, 2022 2:55 AM

Apr 2012
perseii said:
RobertBobert said:

Oh, I've always regarded Berserk as fantasy through and through, so I misunderstood there.

Now that you mention it, I do see where you're coming from. When people get killed in the manga, they often get absolutely eviscerated, but in the show the violence is more toned down. Also, this show likes to focus on sweeping shots of medieval battlefield carnage more than the manga does. I recall the manga focusing on the characters more and spending less time on "setting the stage", like showing nameless soldiers crossing swords or climbing siege towers.

I agree this might have the effect of making the story feel more realistic and historical, but not by a lot, I feel. Remember, a large part of the Golden Age arc of Berserk is grounded in reality, where fantasy elements are minimal. At this point in the story, the world does not believe in demons and magic, and the latter half of the episode would have absolutely baffled and terrified the characters (at least, it does in the manga... in the show, I don't think this was conveyed to the audience very well)

Yes. I've always found it strange that manga adaptations focus so much on the golden age. I understand that this is the most iconic part of the story and its beginning, but it also leaves out the main dark fantasy nature of the story.
Oct 11, 2022 3:23 AM
Mar 2022
Vector5003 said:
Stardrake said:

Can you provide the source? There are too many contradictory information about it.
Oct 11, 2022 3:52 AM
Feb 2020
Stardrake said:
Vector5003 said:

Can you provide the source? There are too many contradictory information about it.

just look at the CGI, it's new and not dated like it was in the second movie
Vector5003Oct 11, 2022 8:07 PM
Oct 12, 2022 2:03 AM

Aug 2015
i love and hope they make more of this quality stuff
Oct 12, 2022 12:17 PM
Mar 2022
Vector5003 said:
Stardrake said:

I'll look into Berserk forums more to see what can I dig up. But, for the sake of argument, let's say this is true (I'm assuming you are saying this is animated from the scratch just for this edition). Segment is like, what? 5 minutes long? What the point? They didn't bothered to create new opening for the series, let alone add stuff they skipped in the movies. So, why made recut version for TV just to add 5 minutes segment? Make no sense to me.
Oct 12, 2022 2:32 PM
Feb 2020
Stardrake said:
Vector5003 said:

I'll look into Berserk forums more to see what can I dig up. But, for the sake of argument, let's say this is true (I'm assuming you are saying this is animated from the scratch just for this edition). Segment is like, what? 5 minutes long? What the point? They didn't bothered to create new opening for the series, let alone add stuff they skipped in the movies. So, why made recut version for TV just to add 5 minutes segment? Make no sense to me.
I don't think it's just it, but maybe they have a plan to continue berserk and are doing that to people remember what happened in golden age, it's normal in the anime industry to make recap movies before a new season and i think they doing this
Oct 13, 2022 9:11 AM

Nov 2020
Well I think that was quite a good episode! It's pretty much same just like in the manga and the movies! Also when I saw Nosferatu Zodd in his apostle form I thought it was a video game xD! Can't wait for the next episode!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Oct 13, 2022 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
Vector5003 said:
Stardrake said:

Why would they make the entire thing visually inconsistent with new material, breaking everyone suspension of disbelief with such sharp contrast?
It's like we got an extended edition with the planned missing episode 26 of the 97 anime, and you complained it looks like the other 25, and not like a 2022 anime.
It would be ridiculous, this point makes no sense.
Oct 13, 2022 9:40 AM
Feb 2020
Danpmss said:
Vector5003 said:

Why would they make the entire thing visually inconsistent with new material, breaking everyone suspension of disbelief with such sharp contrast?
It's like we got an extended edition with the planned missing episode 26 of the 97 anime, and you complained it looks like the other 25, and not like a 2022 anime.
From what I had seen, the scene look like the 2D, so I don't think it will break everyone suspension, and even this already happened before, Zeta Gundam movies had new scenes that look completely different than the older ones. Don't make sense to me if they already had this scene made a long time ago and don't had put it before in one of the reruns of the movie on TV
Oct 13, 2022 9:45 AM

Jul 2012
Vector5003 said:
Danpmss said:

From what I had seen, the scene look like the 2D, so I don't think it will break everyone suspension, and even this already happened before, Zeta Gundam movies had new scenes that look completely different than the older ones. Don't make sense to me if they already had this scene made a long time ago and don't had put it before in one of the reruns of the movie on TV

You are aware that this was one of the biggest criticisms the New Translation received, right? I'm referring precisely to situations like that.
It DID break everyone out of the experience, which is one of the reasons why reception was widely mixed.

Oct 13, 2022 11:34 AM
Mar 2022
I think most of us obliviously expected that this edition would be something like DB Kai, with extra scenes that were initially omitted from the movies. Based on the first two episodes I saw little to nothing improved (yeah, they did fix some issues with CGI). So far, this is less than average. It's just bad. Putting this little effort into something like Berserk is honestly, insulting.
SaphiranOct 13, 2022 3:06 PM
Oct 13, 2022 11:49 AM
Mar 2022
Vector5003 said:
I don't think it's just it, but maybe they have a plan to continue berserk and are doing that to people remember what happened in golden age, it's normal in the anime industry to make recap movies before a new season and i think they doing this

Well, there are few issues here.
First is: Why are you doing recap of the 10 years old movies? That's like doing movie version of 97 TV series. Zero sense.
Second: The original trilogy served as a new beginning to further adapt Berserk post-golden age since, 97 version omitted Puck and Skull Knight (which are essential to the story).
Third: Studio did plan to continue adapting Berserk in movie format but, they end up canceling the 4th movie. You can still find some screenshots on the net.
Fourth: Movies did end up getting sequel. That was Berserk 2016 and 2017.
Oct 13, 2022 1:04 PM
Feb 2020
Stardrake said:
Vector5003 said:

Well, there are few issues here.
First is: Why are you doing recap of the 10 years old movies? That's like doing movie version of 97 TV series. Zero sense.
Second: The original trilogy served as a new beginning to further adapt Berserk post-golden age since, 97 version omitted Puck and Skull Knight (which are essential to the story).
Third: Studio did plan to continue adapting Berserk in movie format but, they end up canceling the 4th movie. You can still find some screenshots on the net.
Berserk 2016 is a abomination animation and story wise, at least for me I think they will try again to continue it and adapt black swordsman again
Oct 13, 2022 9:46 PM

Jul 2021
Stardrake said:
Why are you doing recap of the 10 years old movies? That's like doing movie version of 97 TV series. Zero sense.

I don't claim to have a detailed understanding of the industry, but it makes at least a little bit of sense to me.

1. Timing. The original author passed away last year, and the manga resumed publication in summer this year, so there has been some renewed interest in Berserk. We can call it cynical, but putting some form of Berserk content out there at this point will attract some attention, from some newcomers as well. Pretty blatant that they named it "Memorial Edition".

2. Re-packaging. They could have re-released the movies in theaters or on blu-ray, sure. But people will probably be more interested if they released a (supposedly) new, slightly improved version. They did advertise the "bonfire of dreams" scene specifically, so they know this will draw in some manga readers that hold the scene dear. There don't seem to be that many changes in the first two episodes, but it did bring you and me to watch the show... And I think most viewers forgot about the movies over 10 years, and they will not even notice or care about what exact changes were made over the original.

3. Future project marketing. They may have another Berserk adaptation lined up in the near future. If it's a TV series, all the more reason to re-air the original movies in TV series format. This re-release will generate some buzz before they announce the new series (reminder of the countdown clock to December on their official website). Also, I think it's safe to say Berserk 2016 and 2017 are not very well-regarded, so they may want to "clear the air" and remind people that Berserk adaptations "used to be great" (or at the very least "not that bad").

4. Future project pitch. I think this is a little far-fetched, but they may not have decided on another Berserk adaptation yet or may be having discussions about it. In this case, a re-release may help them gauge interest and/or prove that the time is right for a new adaptation.

So I think the business side has quite a lot to gain by doing a re-release with a minimal budget and minor improvements, especially if they're close to announcing a new series. Some people may be disappointed in the product, but not much more than they already were disappointed in the movie...
Oct 14, 2022 1:27 AM

Oct 2010
we were promised new cuts yet they fill in run time with some recaps that spoil the anime, good job
cg zodd burned my eyes, now I remember why I avoided rewatching the movies
Oct 14, 2022 2:38 PM

Mar 2010
As a berserk manga reader hearing casca be a bitch is refreshing lolz but yea damn Dat zodd fight is still pretty decent despite the OG anime doing it slightly better.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 14, 2022 2:45 PM
Mar 2022
Vector5003 said:
Berserk 2016 is a abomination animation and story wise, at least for me I think they will try again to continue it and adapt black swordsman again

Berserk 2016 IS abomination in every sense of the word. Like, everything there is completely fucked. Three studios work on it and still it end up the way it is... That aside, the movie in question (at least according to leaks I saw) was meant to be Conviction not Black Swordsman. And, as you know, that was exactly what Berserk 2016 adapted...
Oct 14, 2022 3:29 PM
Mar 2022
perseii said:
1. Timing. The original author passed away last year, and the manga resumed publication in summer this year, so there has been some renewed interest in Berserk. We can call it cynical, but putting some form of Berserk content out there at this point will attract some attention, from some newcomers as well. Pretty blatant that they named it "Memorial Edition".

I mean, you can make an argument that if you are putting some form of Berserk out there, it should be 97 version. Let's not pretend that anything that came after is in any way better. And the problem I have with this "Memorial Edition", as I already stated, is the amount of effort put into it. Or the lack of it.

perseii said:

2. Re-packaging. They could have re-released the movies in theaters or on blu-ray, sure. But people will probably be more interested if they released a (supposedly) new, slightly improved version. They did advertise the "bonfire of dreams" scene specifically, so they know this will draw in some manga readers that hold the scene dear. There don't seem to be that many changes in the first two episodes, but it did bring you and me to watch the show... And I think most viewers forgot about the movies over 10 years, and they will not even notice or care about what exact changes were made over the original.

Yes, and I specifically waited for second episode to see if, by any chance, it is going to get extended. Since the first thing missing that comes to mind is First battle. Also, as movies they kinda work but, as a weekly TV series... Even you have to admit that pacing is fucked. And, I already said the reason I started watching it:

Stardrake said:
obliviously expected that this edition would be something like DB Kai, with extra scenes that were initially omitted from the movies.

perseii said:

3. Future project marketing. They may have another Berserk adaptation lined up in the near future. If it's a TV series, all the more reason to re-air the original movies in TV series format. This re-release will generate some buzz before they announce the new series (reminder of the countdown clock to December on their official website). Also, I think it's safe to say Berserk 2016 and 2017 are not very well-regarded, so they may want to "clear the air" and remind people that Berserk adaptations "used to be great" (or at the very least "not that bad").

perseii said:
4. Future project pitch. I think this is a little far-fetched, but they may not have decided on another Berserk adaptation yet or may be having discussions about it. In this case, a re-release may help them gauge interest and/or prove that the time is right for a new adaptation.

Again, you can make the same case about 97 version. Unless the future of Berserk adaptation lies in hands of Studio 4°C. Which would be fucking disaster. Also, if 2017 and 2018 versions are not well regarded (and they are not), how do you think this version will be regarded compered to modern anime? This is all assuming that this version would serve as Golden age and any future adaptations will continue from here. Does it compere to DS, CSM, JJK, new Bleach...?

perseii said:
So I think the business side has quite a lot to gain by doing a re-release with a minimal budget and minor improvements, especially if they're close to announcing a new series. Some people may be disappointed in the product, but not much more than they already were disappointed in the movie...

I kinda agree and disagree with you on this. Sure, minor improvements of already existing animation sounds fine for financial gain. Does it damage studio reputation though? Not that Studio 4°C had any major reputation to begin with.

If this is ONLY going to serve as part of marketing to attract attention to Berserk for the sake of announcing new adaptation, I'm fine with it. As long that new adaptation starts from beginning and it is NOT done by already mention studio.
Oct 14, 2022 4:52 PM
Dec 2021
Homura24 said:
the op/intro is really good

but a 5 min and 50-sec intro.....
we also get to see zodd in this episode

the pacing is very fast

even though I've seen the movies and the 90s anime I'm still enjoying this

and judging from the first few minutes of this ep I think we'll get a continuation for the anime
can u tell me which chapters does it skip
Oct 14, 2022 11:15 PM

Jul 2021
Stardrake said:

I mean, you can make an argument that if you are putting some form of Berserk out there, it should be 97 version. Let's not pretend that anything that came after is in any way better. And the problem I have with this "Memorial Edition", as I already stated, is the amount of effort put into it. Or the lack of it.

I agree with almost everything you said here, actually. I don't like how this show leaves out important bits and rushes through the story, and I'm also unimpressed when I hear about the lack of improvements made. I was mostly thinking out loud how and why the production people might want to do a low-effort re-release of Berserk Golden Age like this.

About the 1997 version though: I'm not too sure they'd want to re-release that one, even though I do think it is superior to the movie trilogy (at least the first 10 episodes or so that I've seen of it). I suspect "today's audience" will have a hard time getting over the 90's style, and they would be more willing to overlook awkward CGI instead (as long as it's not as bad as Berserk 2016).

Stardrake said:

I kinda agree and disagree with you on this. Sure, minor improvements of already existing animation sounds fine for financial gain. Does it damage studio reputation though? Not that Studio 4°C had any major reputation to begin with.

About Studio 4°C: I can't imagine this re-release having much negative impact on their reputation. I don't know much about them, but as you said, they don't seem to have much reputation to begin with, besides the Golden Age movies. The re-release will not change most people's opinions about the Golden Age movies a lot.

It's more important to them to get some new people to check out the studio's work, and hopefully come back later for more. The only way this show will damage the studio is if the improvements and additions are really bad, much worse than the stuff already in the movies... but we shall have to wait and see.

Stardrake said:

If this is ONLY going to serve as part of marketing to attract attention to Berserk for the sake of announcing new adaptation, I'm fine with it. As long that new adaptation starts from beginning and it is NOT done by already mention studio.

About the (possible) new adaptation: unfortunately, the fact that they're re-releasing the original movies tells me that they will not be doing a full reboot any time soon. It would be weird if they finish broadcasting Golden Age and then announce another adaptation of Golden Age. (Yes, a full reboot may begin with the Black Swordsman arc, but I don't think it can fill a full season, so they will be forced to touch the Golden Age during the season regardless).

So I think we can expect a continuation of the Golden Age movies. Probably the Conviction arc again, since the Lost Children arc is (still) not safe for TV, and virtually no one will be upset if the 2016 attempt at the Conviction arc gets overshadowed.

As for the studio, I would be surprised if it's not Studio 4°C, purely because they're the ones working on the Memorial Edition. They may even be staffing up for the new project already, and this re-release may be just a minor side-project. I can't find any information on what 4°C is up to next, so a new adaptation may be it. However, it's also possible that the team is so shrunk down that they will not be working on anything major at all.

Also, if the countdown for December is indeed for a new adaptation, it would be slightly weird to announce a different studio for it. Alternatively, if the countdown is for something else, and there is no adaptation happening in the near future, then I guess anything is possible. And the wait continues...
perseiiOct 14, 2022 11:19 PM
Oct 15, 2022 5:10 AM
Jul 2017
Epic cinematic battle scene.

Guts appears to want change from his old self.

Big 300 year old goblin looking dude mad strong.

Something about the egg on his neck... I don't really understand whats going on. What is Griffs to Guts? I hope we soon find out.
Oct 15, 2022 2:07 PM
Mar 2022
perseii said:

About the (possible) new adaptation: unfortunately, the fact that they're re-releasing the original movies tells me that they will not be doing a full reboot any time soon. It would be weird if they finish broadcasting Golden Age and then announce another adaptation of Golden Age. (Yes, a full reboot may begin with the Black Swordsman arc, but I don't think it can fill a full season, so they will be forced to touch the Golden Age during the season regardless).

So I think we can expect a continuation of the Golden Age movies. Probably the Conviction arc again, since the Lost Children arc is (still) not safe for TV, and virtually no one will be upset if the 2016 attempt at the Conviction arc gets overshadowed.

As for the studio, I would be surprised if it's not Studio 4°C, purely because they're the ones working on the Memorial Edition. They may even be staffing up for the new project already, and this re-release may be just a minor side-project. I can't find any information on what 4°C is up to next, so a new adaptation may be it. However, it's also possible that the team is so shrunk down that they will not be working on anything major at all.

Also, if the countdown for December is indeed for a new adaptation, it would be slightly weird to announce a different studio for it. Alternatively, if the countdown is for something else, and there is no adaptation happening in the near future, then I guess anything is possible. And the wait continues...

Studio 4°C mostly does additional work for other studios. The last show they helped with was Summer Time Rendering which, ironically was done by the same studio that did Berserk 1997 - OLM, inc. And according to Wiki, Studio 4°C's next project should be SWAT Kats with WB and Toonz.

I mean, it makes sense what you're saying but, after all the Berserk anime fiascos, I don't see anyone sane putting this into the hands of 3rd rate studios. If it happens, it would be some major name or it won't happen at all. At least, that's how I see it. Considering manga and all...

If you are right, and we get new Conviction adaptation done by Studio 4°C, I guarantee you, it will be the same as 2016 just with better animation. They'll just speedrun it into 12 episodes, skipping the same things 2016 did. That, I do not need nor do I want. At this point, I'm hopping that that countdown has nothing to do with anime...
SaphiranOct 15, 2022 2:30 PM
Oct 16, 2022 9:02 AM

May 2020
What the hell was up with that long ass intro? Also kinda felt like they would be spoiling it for anyone watching this for the first time.
Oct 22, 2022 1:22 PM

Oct 2013
I was disappointed by this episode. When Memorial Edition was announced, I had high hopes to see more scenes happening shortly after Guts became a member of the Band of the Hawk. Neither Guts' first mission under Griffith's orders nor celebration after got adapted or even mentioned. Everything went as it had gone in the movie, so after Guts vs. Griffith duel we had three years long timeskip.

It's a shame we didn't get even glimpse of those scenes. I consider it as a missed opportunity to flesh out more the whole way Guts got accepted into the Band and how he started to get along with its members, mostly with Judeau.

As for changes done in the Memorial Edition, they were alright. I think there were less changes than in the first episodes (or maybe I just didn't notice many of them), but it's not a big deal, really. This part of the story looked decent in the movie from what I remember and didn't need a lot of further polishing.

Fight with Zodd is always fun to watch, hehe.

sk8head said:
What the hell was up with that long ass intro? Also kinda felt like they would be spoiling it for anyone watching this for the first time.

I know right? I get that many Memorial Edition viewers are reading the manga or saw the movie trilogy in the past, but come on. There are people new to franchise who perhaps didn't know much about well-known elements of Golden Age arc's plot. Why then make a spoilerish clip and implement it directly to the first minutes of second episode, I wonder?

As for clip itself, I enjoyed it a lot personally, but at the same time I don't get why it had to be released as an integral part of ep. 2, not separately in example on official YouTube channel.
Nov 12, 2022 4:51 PM
Oct 2022
Too bad there's so much CGI, the 1997 version of Berserk is still better.
Dec 8, 2022 2:17 AM

May 2015
I thought that compilation at the beginning was the OP. Then the actual opening played! This was a great episode, Griffith has my respect for saving Guts against the monster zodd. Which even surprised casca!
Dec 11, 2022 6:21 AM
Sep 2013
Mano, e esse spoiler gigante do que vai rolar no anime, pq fariam isso na boa.
Dec 28, 2022 7:36 PM

Feb 2021
The opening for this episode is really insane! Can't wait to see the next graphic :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 12, 2023 9:02 AM
Jan 2017
que bagulho bom, fino do fino
Jan 23, 2023 11:04 PM

Oct 2010
Actomino said:
Berserk is very God
Hai Yai Forces, Hai Yai Forces
Sep 3, 2023 3:55 PM

Feb 2018
Zodd the man, the beast, the legend. Griffith and Guts could have a good shot if he wasn't such a monster, Guts alone was enough to push him out of his 'human form'
Apr 18, 11:34 AM

Aug 2018
Thank god I've read the arc because this was too fast-paced.

That 5-minute intro/trailer/recap was pretty cool, I guess.

The CGI was decent enough. It doesn't translate the manga well, but compromises must be made.

Lots of familiar voice actors.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Homura24 - Dec 24, 2022

51 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 21, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 12 Discussion

Homura24 - Dec 17, 2022

30 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 21, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 11 Discussion

Homura24 - Dec 10, 2022

27 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 20, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 10 Discussion

von_Lohengramm - Dec 3, 2022

29 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 20, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Berserk: Ougon Jidai-hen - Memorial Edition Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Danae - Nov 26, 2022

58 by Rhaelynne »»
Apr 20, 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.