Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2011
I just think that was too quick the hunt. Like would give more satisfaction if the flame climbed from the the feet up, to give more pain.

The only one that can barely compete for tragic backstory with Yuri, is Barnaby. But Yuri win by a mile, because of continuous suffering.
Oct 20, 2022 8:42 AM

Jan 2009
Lunatic kill the robbers and killer of his mother there

and its confirmed the father of Lunatic is Mr Legend and its implied that Lunatic accidentally killed his father too
Dec 6, 2022 6:48 AM
Nov 2016
BlichoBoy said:
I just think that was too quick the hunt. Like would give more satisfaction if the flame climbed from the the feet up, to give more pain.

The only one that can barely compete for tragic backstory with Yuri, is Barnaby. But Yuri win by a mile, because of continuous suffering.

Seeing Lunatic killing the robbers/murderers was so cathartic! An eye for an eye is my ideal of justice!
Feb 20, 9:07 PM
Aug 2008
I do rather like Kotetsu's response to Yuri when Yuri says "you'll end up a loser without your powers, like Mr Legend did, and I know that because he was my dad". Its like, "respect to your dad, but I'm different".
And he totally is - for one, because his hero power is merely a vehicle for his desire to help people and make the world a better place. For two, because he's not alone in being a hero, and heroeing is not his sole pursuit: he has friends who are heroes (whom he does respect - who did Mr Legend respect? Or did everyone think the sun shines out of his butt?), and he has positive supportive relationships outside of his identity as hero. Those are not dependent on his superpower, and will remain even if its gone. Even if he stops being a "hero with superpower", he won't stop helping others and making the world a better place - he'll just find different, possibly better, ways to do it.

But alas, poor Yuri.
Blaming himself for everything - failing to protect his mom (twice now), failing to "save" his dad from devolving into a piece of shit, succumbing to his baser urges and murdering the bad guys...
And he's alone through all of that, too. That is a huge burden to bear, for any person. Its a testament to the strength of his will that Lunatic only comes out occasionally, and not all the time, killing everything that is less than perfectly innocent.

And the saddest irony is that even if Kotetsu grants him forgiveness, mercy, and sympathy (like he did to that boy who was bullied in the first season and who moved statues), Yuri will probably not accept that, and only resent Kotetsu more... Because Yuri has been in his own mind too long, he can't accept another perspective - it might devalue the pain he's been feeling his whole life...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny 2 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Oct 7, 2022

3 by Stardew »»
Mar 21, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny 2 Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion

anime-prime - Oct 7, 2022

21 by Sieirra »»
Feb 25, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny 2 Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Oct 7, 2022

3 by Sieirra »»
Feb 25, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny 2 Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Oct 7, 2022

11 by HumbertoZero »»
Feb 9, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny 2 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion

BlichoBoy - Oct 7, 2022

3 by HumbertoZero »»
Feb 4, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.