Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (54) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2022 9:43 AM

Sep 2022
Masterpiece/5

As predicted, the greatest first Episode ever.

Nov 2021
CHAINSAW MAN EP.1
Great start of CSM anime.
It has a lot of CGI but it is good and doesn't hinder my experience.
Jul 2019
Ive been following CSM since late 2019, when I heard it was getting an anime I was hyped. Trailer after trailer my hype was building, then this dropped. I knew there was going to be CGI but I want worried.
The animation was on point, the CGI was crisp and created this playfully tragic aura and the voice acting made me tear up. The choice of angles and shot types was absolutely amazing. MAPPA has outdone themselves so a big round of applause to them and I hope they are happy with what they created, because I sure as hell am.
Aug 2018
I creamed. So much.
Oct 11, 2022 9:44 AM
May 2021
DUUUDDEEEE when those RPMS kicked in when denji cut down the zombie devil 😫😫

Also OP is another mappa masterpiece

May 2016
Shakjoe said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
on the google preview of MAL it shows CSM at a 6.67? lol i got scared for a sec.
Mal scores do not matter, watch what you wanna watch without a care.

uh yes they do lol. i'll just ignore the like 5 or lower ex arms rating. i'm sure it is a masterpiece and not a waste of time.
Dec 2019
Chainsaw go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Oct 11, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
Really fucking amazing episode holy, animation was excellent too
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 2022
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Jan 2016
cgi kinda bad rest was amazing
Feb 2018
it's a nice opening episode, CGI is fine with me, it looks a bit similar with dorohedoro but more smooth

Oct 2020
so it begins.....
Jan 2021
i dont want to see anyone complain about cgi titans in aot ever again.
chainsaw man looks incredible, but denji as csm itself looks worse than any titan from part 2.
Sep 2020
Its amazing, it really worth i have waited.
May 2021
The most beautiful piece of artwork I've seen so far, Bleach is a very close contender with the premier of the new TYBW Arc but, the music and the gore from CSM just fuels a joy and rage inside of me at the same time.
Oct 11, 2022 9:46 AM
Apr 2022
it has smooth and high quality animation
Apr 2022
As a fan of the manga, the 1st episode was AWESOME! Pochita is so cute! Denji's Chainsaw massacre was hype!! Can't wait for next week's episode!
Sep 2021
Episode 1 of chainsaw man was good, we got the introduction of our Mc his situation, he really lives his life utterly in pain to pay off his father's debt. But he had a devil friend both of them worked really hard but when they nearly died then Pochita the devil gave life to Denji our Mc so he becomes a semi-human-devil. Then a certain person comes and hires denji to work as a devil hunter. His journey to improve his life now begins. The visuals were great looking forward to more of this series
I give it 6/10.
Dec 2020
What an amazing first episode, animation, voice acting, and music are all top-tier. This will be a phenomenal adaptation and very exciting for the rest of the episodes.

Nov 2021
So I'm guessing that'll be an amazing adaptation. Perfect intro episode, the cgi was a bit jarring at times but overall the animation is solid. Sucks that it's not simuldub since I'm not a fan of Makima's voice but oh well. Can't wait to see best girl kobeni on screen

Dec 2015
I feel like I was the only person that was actually not excited to watch this show. The reason? The anime community lost my trust with hyping battle shounen after getting massive disappointed with both Kimetsu no Yaiba and Jujutsu Kaisen. I felt so disconnected from this community I'm considering myself just a casual fan nowadays. As for Chainsaw, judging by the trailers I thought this would be just a slightly improved JJK, so my hype was really low.

Well, with that being said, I enjoyed all the first couple of episodes of those shows, and it's not different here. Although I think I like Chainsaw a bit better, because I feel there was more effort put into making the viewer feel sympathy with the MC. But, if I liked the start of every show, I slowly started disliking KNY for it's childish tone, obsession with dragging scenes and inconsequential plot (Nothing really important happened throughout Season 1 for example), and started disliking with JJK for, convoluted and uninteresting worldbuilding, lack of emotional stakes (battles happening with a bunch of jokes and directed in a way you know there was no danger to the characters), and annoying tropes (like dude who could only say food names).

We have a long journey to see if Chainsaw actually deserves the hype and will at least be a 8/10, or if it's just a good show aka 7/10 or even if it's mediocre and overrated like KNY and JJK, meaning 6/10 or below.
Oct 11, 2022 9:47 AM

Jan 2019
The CGI is well crafted, the smooth movements were done really well. Yes it's noticeable, but it doesn't take away from the fast paced slaughterfest. Cinematography is great, genuinely feels like a movie.
Superb first episode and faithful adaptation.
Jul 2022
Episode 1 got off to a great start.
Mar 2020
FUCKING PEAK loved every second
May 2017
I was hyping it up since before the show was announced, glad to say I wasn't disappointed

Feb 2017
Within the first few minutes, it is easy to see why Chainsaw Man managed to capture the manga community's attention - the moroseness of its world (captured with washed-out colors in its anime adaptation) is embodied by its debt-ridden character who has already gone to staggering ends to pay them off, all the while cloaked in the idea of just wanting to be "normal." The cartoonishness of Pochita likewise embodies this juxtaposition, something wholesome underneath the darker macabre on the immediate surface.

This is a world that ultimately does not care about or for Denji, which implants in the audience the story of a hero surpassing that which he is condemned to be - forgotten and just another person not worth anything. The heavy bass and atonality in the flashback soundtrack is a reflection of just how low, and doomed, his fate is. To the yakuza, Denji is but a chainsaw - a tool, and nothing more.

As far as other things as concerned, the imagery in general is delightfully grotesque, bloody like a splatter flick and tinged with fluid animations throughout. The CGI is not an eyesore, appropriately showing off the unnaturalness of Denji's transformation, among other things. Tonally, the series allows itself to stew in its dark, twisted sense of humor (not trying to be laughingly-funny, but funny in the sense that you find something attractively-weird) of nihilism while opening the door for new, revived hopes. The seiyuu also clearly have a lot of fun voicing these characters, both in the quieter moments and the over-the-top violence. The choreography is also spot-on, smooth in its movement while also making clear that Denji's strikes are not as smooth as they could potentially be (he does a lot of flailing. After all, he's only just starting out - you can't expect perfection right away).

...so yeah, the show's alright, I guess :P
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~Zidane Tribal

Feb 2020
The most hyped and long awaited show is here! It was a good first episode. I have some things to say about it. First of all, the op is a banger. I like the visuals of the opening, and of course, the most important part of an opening, the song, which was pretty good. Second, i just love the whole aesthetic. Like, the lighting on those shots be insaneeeee. Third, some parts of the animation are smooth af, like the cloaks waving around when they were entering the warehouse.

There is a little complaint though, is that the cgi felt awkward in my opinion. I know anime fans are known for always complaining about 3d animation in anime, but this time it really did feel kinda weird to me. Like the movement when Denji was slashing through the zombies, the movements felt a bit out of place sometimes. Just that though! Other than that, this was a great and promising first episode. Looking forward for the next one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2022
it was AWESOME, loved the b l o o d.
Oct 11, 2022 9:48 AM
Oct 2022
amazing animation and story
Apr 2022
CGI looks awesome
Oct 2013
Anyone who complains about it deserves to get beat up! What mastery of MAPPA, here it is clear how SNK was a good laboratory. In some parts the CGI appears a little serrated but all very fluid, all so beautiful!

Jun 2013
To be honest it was painfully average. Definitely didn't live up to the hype.
Mar 2021
It was so fucking good

Apr 2016
Ok episode . Not a fan of the OP ,the ED is much better . The chainsaw CGI is good but sometimes looks kinda ugly . It will probably take a while to get used to Makima's voice.
8/10 so far

Oct 11, 2022 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
Overall 9/10 but 10/10 for the studio effort.
Oct 2016
PEDRADA DO FUJIMAS

Dec 2013
I'm glad everyone is having a great time, as expected it isn't for me, I'll never understand the hype for bloody stuff.
Oct 11, 2022 9:50 AM

Mar 2022
bruh mappa gets a w
the op and ed are perfect
the animation is soo good
the voice actors are perfect

Aug 2022
can't say anything. The best opening episode I've ever seen. I hope the kids don't watch this anime

Mar 2020
Right off the bat, I can say that this is a pretty no holds barred bloodbath, and it's going to be entertaining. The background visuals look really good, and the use of CG works. I will say though that the character design is just decent. I'm glad that MAPPA didn't seem to be really censoring anything, which I'm sure manga fans will love.
Feb 2021
Great first episode!
Oct 2020
Edge_Runner said:
Masterpiece/5

As predicted, the greatest first Episode ever.

I disagree with you
We fear
What doesn't exist
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They're doing a real good job adapting this. The manga is very good to begin with and they get the fortune of getting a full budget Mappa adaptation. This is going to great. About the only bad thing I can say is that MAL, twitter, reddit or any kind of discussion forum is going to be plagued with the same adolescent hype boi kinda crowd that just makes any kind of meaningful discussion impossible.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 11, 2022 9:51 AM
Dec 2021
amazing first ep!

Jun 2015
Not sure if I feel the same impact in the chainsaw scenes as in Fujimoto's dirtier artwork of the manga, but a great adaptation overall
Mar 2020
CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN CHAINSAW MAN
Apr 2022
The cgi looked trash imo, what did you lot watch it on? Maybe the quality of animixplay isnt very good
Oct 11, 2022 9:52 AM

May 2015
An awesome first episode. Denji is super relatable.
Oct 11, 2022 9:52 AM
Jun 2021
Insane episode!!! Masterpiece. MAPPA did a fantastic job! Graphics, animations, music, characters, voice actors... blood everywhere YEEESS!!!… it was like watching a movie. Anime of the year for me.
Oct 11, 2022 9:53 AM
Oct 2022
The Animation quality is just fuc***g awesome
Pages (54) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
Apr 23, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

781 by XxSkullPistolzxX »»
Apr 19, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.