Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2022 11:02 AM

Aug 2018
Finally this got animated, was looking forward to it, love the manga.
Pretty decent start, and it's looking better than i thought.
Also the ending is a banger, lesgoo

I walk barefoot even though it's painful
Because I want to be sure you notice my footprints
Oct 9, 2022 11:08 AM
May 2021
SoraSenpai said:
God this was awful Cringe AF and the time just constantly jumping all over the place.

We know how this anime and story will finish so whats the point in watching?

Only good thing about this so far is the art, animation, and colors.

Agreed. Truly disappointing. I really hate this kind of trend Rom-Com. Spineless male MC with some kinda popular female MC while both of their crush together make me feel really annoyed. Why can't they just make the MC go together with both their crush? Unless they make a different ending, I'm gonna drop this one, OR maybe I'm gonna check back on their final episode.
Oct 9, 2022 11:10 AM

Jul 2019
YES! YES! This is gonna be good! I can feel it! This is gonna be my guilty pleasure of the season! I don't care!

Is it predictable? Yes. Is it dumb? Yes. But is it something you should take seriously? NO. Enjoy this piece of a guilty pleasure of art!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 9, 2022 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
It's always funny to me how many people bitch about this type of male MC, guess I'm just too numb from ecchi shows to care about this type of dude.

Looking forward to more.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 9, 2022 11:41 AM

Oct 2020
Despite the unbelievable premise, I love the manga. I didn’t expect the anime to come out so soon so it was a very pleasant surprise to see the first episode available. So far it looks to be a solid adaptation so I’ll be looking forward to next week.
Oct 9, 2022 11:51 AM

Feb 2018
Honestly, a better first episode than I was expecting.
I'm not too impressed with Jirou, but I feel like that's to be expected with this type of thing.
Apart from that, looking forward to see how this goes with Akari.
Oct 9, 2022 11:51 AM

Apr 2018
Well, there's fanservice and another girl that'll be added to the best girls of 2022, I'll give it a shot but probably will be on-hold for the next decade.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 9, 2022 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
Perfect start. Great art, details and animation. I loved the subtle fanservice like in old good days. Superb voice acting. Definitely one of the best series of this season.
MC is a little annoying, but come one. This setting is all about this.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 9, 2022 11:58 AM

Jul 2021
KANLen09 said:
ABEMA pre-air exclusive.

As a manga reader, I was so looking forward to this show, and it's rather decent seeing a Nisekoi, or more like Koi to Uso type of setting of forced relationships, only this time it's as a graduation test of sorts.

but with partners swapped not by choice, their lives are lived differently. Spending most time between Jiro and Akari, this sets the precedence for their make-believe "married" life together.

I would say that this is a good adaptation of the manga, plus more anime-original scenes, which are nice to see.

Definitely looking forward to more!
so i can be emotionally stable if i ship the childhood friend then?
Oct 9, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2021
SoraSenpai said:
God this was awful Cringe AF and the time just constantly jumping all over the place.

the same reason you watched literally anything on your favorites lol, because its interesting enough to you alone thats why you watch point a to point b
Oct 9, 2022 12:01 PM

Oct 2015
Ah shit. Another waifu war
Oct 9, 2022 12:02 PM

Aug 2021
interesting premise, good visuals, but man i am so disappointed with the characters. the two main characters are unbearable shitheads who definitely deserve each other. looking forward to the next ep
Oct 9, 2022 12:03 PM
Aug 2020
Mc is a Wimp virgin.
Studio is also virgin, can't even draw lips kissing.
Also it is seinen.
Oct 9, 2022 12:05 PM

Jan 2021
I didn't quite like the first episode of anime as much as the manga
Error: there Is a 1/2 Day delay in this signature
Oct 9, 2022 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
vampirenazuna said:
SoraSenpai said:

the same reason you watched literally anything on your favorites lol, because its interesting enough to you alone thats why you watch point a to point b
it's not Interesting though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 9, 2022 12:40 PM

Jan 2021
Great first episode. The pacing seemed good, and the sweet fanservice is intact. I loved it
Oct 9, 2022 12:43 PM

Jul 2021
SoraSenpai said:
vampirenazuna said:
it's not Interesting though.
its the first episode, and thats your opinion as i found this to be one of the more interesting premises in recent seasons.
Oct 9, 2022 12:50 PM
Oct 2018
Seems like it's foreshadowing something that is not very interesting, also a bit to horny
Oct 9, 2022 1:09 PM
Aug 2018
the worst thing that a i've seen in my life, all the sexist stereotypes appear in the first 30 seconds
Oct 9, 2022 1:12 PM

Sep 2011
A romcom with a wild premise that will probably being average at best and annoying at worst? Have I learned nothing from Couple of Cuckoos? The answer is no, I have learned nothing
Oct 9, 2022 1:20 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Interesting start, this. Jirou's got more balls than his appearance and demeanor suggest, so I'm looking to more spicy scenes in the future.

Kamo's frustration on Jirou is totally justified, how can one be so darn lucky? Goddammit, xD. Minami x Shiori is obviously not a thing (right?) but they're really nailing it well.

Can't say no to a rom-com, that was literally my impression before starting the episode and I live by that rule. So far, so good.

Animation is fine and the usage of the bright colour palette is nice. Akari's character design and the fan-service is right on the mark too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 9, 2022 1:50 PM

Oct 2018
It's not really as good as I expected. I like the colors used for the backgrounds but the overall design sense looks kind of generic. Also, I need to stop watching this on Ani-one, the caption subs come in the way of the fan service.
Oct 9, 2022 2:01 PM

Nov 2012
024 said:
The cringe is real, but I'll keep watching anyway :P

It is cringy. See you here next week. LOL
Oct 9, 2022 2:05 PM

Jul 2011
Start went pretty smoothly, anime original stuff included but felt good.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 9, 2022 2:29 PM
Dec 2019
Softhenic03 said:
Bro the fuck, the school practically persuading these horny teenagers to bang one another? Japan and their high schools, once again had me thinking these creatures live in an entirely different galaxy.

Yes, this is one of the weirdest premise that I have encountered in both anime and manga.
It not that I don't like it, its just someone may tell me on what is the reason or purpose of the premise of this "marriage practical".
Oct 9, 2022 3:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Teaching students about marriage, cohabitation etc is reasonable but this system doesn't make much sense; at least having the whole ordeal on camera and scored is just incentivizing people to fake things for more points lol. Would've been more logical if they cut out the whole grading aspect of it but whatever

Context aside, could potentially be fun
Oct 9, 2022 3:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I liked this quite a bit, the concept of having a marriage course in school in interesting, and at the same time kinda messed up lol, but so far I’m into it. Watanabe and Jirou’s dynamic is fun, it definitely reminds me a bit of the main couple from “A Couple of Cuckoos” which just ended lol, but I like seeing a similar dynamic here. The side characters are good as well, Sakurazaka definitely fits the childhood friend bill and I especially love the best friend character lol.

I’m also a fan of how the show looks, those are very nice colors. I definitely appreciate the fanservice in this as well, I wasn’t sure if this would have any but I’m glad to see it, I’m sure we’ll get plenty since it’s supposed to be a married couple life lol. And wow I loved that ED, that is already a potential favorite of mine this season. But yeah so far I’m liking this, I’m a big fan of Romcoms and I hope this one will be a good time going forward!
TheColonel76Oct 9, 2022 3:23 PM
Oct 9, 2022 3:17 PM

Sep 2020
I wonder what's the purpose of the school, bit other than that, really interesting premise. I like the brown hair girl more than the main girl though.
Oct 9, 2022 3:18 PM

Jul 2021
Garbage garbage garbage but BRIGHT COLORS!!!!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Oct 9, 2022 3:19 PM

Mar 2022
the premise is hilarious. People in the middle of their most hormonal and clueless phase when most of us coudn't get along even with our families get asigned to live with a random person and need to fake a marriage. Which is one of the hardest thing to do for real, needing maturity, emotional inteligence, empathy and atleast some YEARS of practice.
All of that with zero preparation, zero counceling, no support, nothing. Emotional damage imminent. But yeah.... what did I expect of people who put teens with zero experience in giant robots to fight gods. /japan

Animation looks really good tho, there are few scenes that have impresive setup and lightning, so good job on that.
FMC is also great, love her. Brash, but kind of ok behind the gyaru mask. Total waifu material. But I do love gyarus so I might be biased.
The überotaku friend is also hilarious. The other couple however is.... bland.

But the MC.... o boy. Another one with a deathly fear of women other than his childhood friend? A particularly bad case at that too? He saves it for me with the kiss. If it wasn't for that...
He has the potential to kill this show for me still, so I'll see. When he shows what he's made of for real. if he shows. I hope this isn't another Shikimori.

As someone said here. The cringe is real, see you next week
Oct 9, 2022 3:34 PM

Feb 2019
Just like I thought this is going to be amazing. Art is excellent. Fan service and ecchiness is just at the perfect level, the love rectangle that’s forming is the perfect amount of drama and Akari/Jirou have some nice chemistry. I can’t wait to see how this goes.
Oct 9, 2022 3:49 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode added a few anime original scenes, but still managed to adapt chapters 1 and 2. The premise is somewhat interesting as two people who normally don't like each other are suddenly paired in a marriage course. It a different take on how opposites attract, but at the same time they have feelings for someone else. This is going to be one hell of a love square situation which I normally don't like, but I don't mind in this particular story. For better or For worse, Akari and Jiro have to get along as a married couple otherwise they won't graduate.

I look forward to both reading the manga and watching the anime at the same time.
Oct 9, 2022 3:53 PM

Jun 2015
Krazie316 said:
It's disappointing to see another male MC that is, so far, a spineless doormat with no will of his own. I guess a wimpy male lead is a main ingredient in the basic recipe for most (or all) Rom-Coms though. Automatic average in my book at current...we'll see where it goes from here though.

I don't really like spineless MCs but Jiro is such a cutie.

Coming from a woman/girl (I was a "girl" when I started reading the manga way back in 2018), Jiro is realistic yet wonderful.
Oct 9, 2022 4:08 PM

Dec 2016
Gonna be honest. I set up my expectations low after seeing the studio and trailer.

But for this first episode, it was actually pretty nice. Was wondering how the cuter scenes of her would turn out, as I had read the manga and the panels of her are really cute there. Its also nice they aren't censoring the panties or bra's.

I'll be looking forward to this one. Would be cool if the manga had an english release so at least I could get one volume of it
Oct 9, 2022 4:10 PM

Apr 2008
Premise is even dumber than Love and Lies and the characters are so unlikable. Maybe they'll develop past that, but I don't feel like sticking around to find out. The Toradora comparisons are killing me. Yes, this is also about agreeing to pretend to be close to get with their real love interests, but it's missing everything that made Toradora good.
Oct 9, 2022 4:21 PM
Jun 2021
I really don't like pretending to be couple type of anime and from 1st episode i realise there won't be any progression like nisekoi nothing would really happened like they will never clear confessions till the very end and just keep repeating everything , im just gonna drop this and if last episode came interesting then i will start again,i just read last few chapters of manga just as i thought nothing really happening, they will just give fan service and half ass romance.one of the reason i like kanojo mo kanojo cause bro atleast has clear idea about his feelings unlike this anime he would be going for both, whenever any girl will make her move he would go with her do anything.
Oct 9, 2022 4:47 PM
Dec 2018
JÁ ESTOU SHIPPANDO TODO MUNDO KKKKKKKKK
Me cativei com o protagonista e me apaixonei pela "Shikimori-san" kkkkkkkk
Ela me lembrou a Shikimori
Achei divertido o primeiro episodio, acho que será o melhor anime de comedia romantica!
Oct 9, 2022 7:15 PM
Apr 2022
Good romcom anime
Oct 9, 2022 7:25 PM

Apr 2012
i literally dint like anything

Worst gyaru ever (i was watching a utube video about irl gyarus the other days and even they were better than this thing)

below average / bad / cringe MC

mr popular and shiori dint get enough screen time

~add shiny effects for romance when its actually pretending~

Couple / Marriage Practice but no s*x allowed

we gotta reach rank A so we can change partners.... just let mr popular and Shiori get rank A and have those 2 pick Jirou and Akari

cant even graduate if u dont do good
*imagine failing to graduate cose u dont like the other person and u have to 'act' that u like them.... literally irl rp

idk what else is there to complain about... oh maybe the fact that the thing is a lesson but they get 0 help from the teachers
Oct 9, 2022 7:50 PM

Aug 2020
seems good so far cant wait to see more
Oct 9, 2022 8:21 PM
Dec 2021
I honestly didn't expect it, I loved this start, I'm going for more!
Oct 9, 2022 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, you have got to be kidding me. Watching renkano is one thing, this NTR stupid plot isn't any better AT ALL, how did you even come up with the idea to TEST marriage?? Romance and love is just not something you can force into people. Renkano is a bit better (and I actually like watching it) because at least there is some kind of leverage when I think about how realistic it is, in other words it's not entirely dumb, but marriage testing? No way. I mean, are you really that desperate that you can't come up with a better idea than to ruin the very fundamentals of a normal girlfriend/boyfriend relationship? wow. Let's see how ep2 turns out for now, but it is likely this anime is a no go for me, despite how much I chase after romance anime.
Oct 9, 2022 8:27 PM
Nov 2021
The protagonist seems like kazuya 2.0.....i hope he doesn't turn out like that
Oct 9, 2022 8:31 PM

Sep 2018
I've definitely read doujins with the same plot lmao
Oct 9, 2022 8:40 PM
Mar 2021
KANLen09 said:
ABEMA pre-air exclusive.

As a manga reader, I was so looking forward to this show, and it's rather decent seeing a Nisekoi, or more like Koi to Uso type of setting of forced relationships, only this time it's as a graduation test of sorts.

but with partners swapped not by choice, their lives are lived differently. Spending most time between Jiro and Akari, this sets the precedence for their make-believe "married" life together.

I would say that this is a good adaptation of the manga, plus more anime-original scenes, which are nice to see.

Definitely looking forward to more!

It's really made me some how so angry. Why can't a mc don't end up with a plain and pure inosent girl in heram or love triangle? why it always a tusndre girl!? why man!?
Oct 9, 2022 8:47 PM
May 2020
i don't how to say it properly, but this anime kinda give me some light entertainment. not bad, but still worth to watch
Oct 9, 2022 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
such a insane premise for a romcom but at the same time i was waiting for them to just drop the line on how this is how they deal with the low birth-rates

Gal Shikimori is cute as hell and i could hardly handle all these cringe cute romcom moments they shoved so many into us in one episode

i'm in because this show has a nice look to it and i like losing my mind and braincells with these kinds of romcoms
Oct 9, 2022 9:02 PM
Oct 2022
i hate the blush thing dude wth with this anime so much wasting time with full fan service and the blush
Oct 9, 2022 9:25 PM
Aug 2019
Honestly my main complain with this is that i don't really like the protagonist, at least right now lol. He is like... really typical right now and i don't really find his design cute... hopefully he'll improve. Besides that, I really like the main girls though, they are adorable! The premise of helping each other to get with their crushes really reminds me of Toradora, too lol which is nice.

Also, I forgot to say it, but i really like the colors on this, especially in Watanabe. At some points it reminds me of Pretty Cure by how colorful it is and I like it lol. She has even pink hair too
LittleWhiteHerzOct 9, 2022 9:45 PM
Oct 9, 2022 9:59 PM
Nov 2010
The first episode's direction feels kind of disjointed and doesn't seem to flow well. But it's interesting enough that I'll keep watching this. And like others said, it has an attractive color palette.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there any chance if a second season?

martingunnarsson - Feb 29

39 by snksd »»
Yesterday, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2022

149 by --Arrow-- »»
Apr 9, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2022

323 by Saijiroo »»
Feb 15, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

116 by acomdata »»
Jan 8, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aversa - Dec 18, 2022

203 by Fairytelly »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.