Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2022 10:43 PM
Aug 2022
Love romance animes this fits the mold the tropes are too much at times but it also feels like there are multiple genuine characters to grow and learn more about here
Oct 9, 2022 10:46 PM
Apr 2022
a pink girl who thinks it's ok to be rude to a spineless virgin just beacause she didn't get what she want. a male mc who blushes like a little girl whenever a woman makes a move, his love interest who always clings on to whether it be chad, virgin, or a girl's butt. the colorful scenes may fool u that this may be cutesy, teenage romance story but the actual premise is that this dystopian society is actively encouraging to make disingenuous human interactions to get better grades, and they even put cameras in the living room as if students are actual guinea pigs. that's some pervy big brother shit. i'd bet they secretly make money off by distributing the videos as reality shows, and who knows if there aren't any cameras in their private rooms? this show is very dark, even trying to fool the audience with its flashy colors and idiotic characters. i'd watch 2 more eps and drop if it is harmful to my mental health
Oct 9, 2022 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
Looks okay for the time being, I just hope it doesn't turn into some crazy love polygon shit
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 9, 2022 11:09 PM

Jan 2022
Off to an okay start, some things could have been a little better, and I really don't know how I feel about the jealously thing going on, but I'm going to keep watching cause its a really cool concept and I genuinely enjoy the main characters.
Oct 9, 2022 11:11 PM

Nov 2019
Akari is annoying af, Jirou is so pathetic

I'm gonna enjoy them getting NTR'd
Oct 10, 2022 12:13 AM

Oct 2021
they added some new original scenes and some minor changes from manga (like jirou and shiori met at starting outside classroom in manga but in anime they met in classroom) bright colors and cute drawing what else we want?!! 5/5
Oct 10, 2022 1:14 AM

Jul 2017
I saw gal Akari like Keqing with pink hair color and straight hair
G
Oct 10, 2022 1:20 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I already forgot their interactions with each other at first but after seeing the first episode I realized that their attitude towards each other is very, very different on the latest chapters. You really won't expect that these two are so lovey dovey and horny for each other on the latest chapters.
Oct 10, 2022 1:23 AM
Apr 2021
The animation is on Fire!
Oct 10, 2022 1:54 AM
Feb 2021
Kinda cliché and cringey at times but I'll keep watching because I like the art style
Oct 10, 2022 2:29 AM
Jul 2022
i liked the ep
its rather a unique idea but there a bit of flaws mainly the characters but we will see how it gets
Oct 10, 2022 3:04 AM
Oct 2021
W Show For Shinzo Abe
Oct 10, 2022 3:09 AM

Jan 2020
Krazie316 said:
It's disappointing to see another male MC that is, so far, a spineless doormat with no will of his own. I guess a wimpy male lead is a main ingredient in the basic recipe for most (or all) Rom-Coms though. Automatic average in my book at current...we'll see where it goes from here though.

I generally hate it when people compare the source material but in this case I think it's justified. For reasons I just don't understand they've totally nerfed the mc compared to the manga. I mean, he is supposed to be a somewhat nervous and introverted where in the manga it's shown realistically given the situation.

However, this adaptation is portrays him as some sort of jittery beta otaku wreck. It's not right and really irritating to watch as it doesn't work well with the rare moments when he's supposed to have a little confidence. Everything else about the adaptation is great but it's is enough to make me want to drop it frankly.
K-LyeOct 10, 2022 6:15 AM
Oct 10, 2022 4:23 AM

Aug 2022
Kinda hated it at first but as the episode went on I started liking it little by little, now I can wholeheartedly say I'm pretty hyped for next week's episode.
Oct 10, 2022 5:31 AM

May 2017
Cringe, Love polygon and ntr coming i guess...

Oct 10, 2022 5:40 AM

Jul 2021
bro i cringed so fucking hard during the ketchup omurice scene, what was that shit? am i the only one who found that part cringe?

lmaoo the post-credit, made me LOL.

the ED is nice.

i'm having mixed feelings about this. sometimes it's good, sometimes it's overdone, sometimes it's cringe. i'm conflicted but it's only first episode, let's see how this turns out. it's decent enough that i'll follow this till the end. the premise isn't really new, kind of similar to koi to uso. don't think it can be better than that though.

shiori is acting a bit too cutesy-innocent-girl that needs to be protected and i'm hating that. it's like overacting, didn't seem natural to me at all. same goes for akari she's like wannabe tsundere i guess? her rudeness is exaggerated and then her cuteness too.

i don't like the way theyare showing the MC during comedic parts, it's all overdone, his reactions, his lines, the stutter etc.

but bro's got guts, he actually went for the kiss. akari's reaction to that was cute. didn't like the complete lack of mention of that kiss though. they started acting like it never happend. why?

didn't like the scene where shiori just grabbed onto our mc's arm. seemed too forced and it was put only for the purpose of showing the reason why she grabbed onto minami that morning.

both mc's seem to have the usual traits of taking care of others, kindness, nice people etc. akira is also a great cook, it's nice to have an fmc who's good at cooking.

things happened very fast though, i mean kiss in first episode? and then they both are already falling for each other wtf? how many chapters did they adapt? it was way too forced man. at the start of the episode they showed how akira doesn't pay any attention to guys like our mc and how our mc doesn't like girls like akira but by the end of the episode they are roaring to go for another kiss.

the color palette is really colorful though and it's bright too. the scenes looked pretty.

i know it's only first episode and i complained a lot but all these things really ticked me off. really what's with the overacting in this season's animes? there's bocchi from bocchi the rock with the overacting and then there's fmc, mc and childhood friend in this anime overacting. they seemed normal at times but the overacting ticked me off.

4/5.
TsutanaiFuunOct 10, 2022 5:48 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 10, 2022 6:11 AM

Aug 2014
She is so nicee. But who comes up with the idea for mock up married course lol
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 10, 2022 6:13 AM
Oct 2022
The story is good from my point of view and the characters are very cute
Oct 10, 2022 6:25 AM

Apr 2021
Didn't like the concept of this anime, but wakanabe was cute btw. I hope she falls in love with the mc.
Oct 10, 2022 7:38 AM

Mar 2012
Not another anime with a forced relationship, this reminds me of Koi to Uso which I hated also both girls are terrible, MC and blonde guy isn't any better either.
Oct 10, 2022 8:21 AM
Feb 2022
Bof pas top top. …
Oct 10, 2022 8:46 AM
Jan 2021
wow, i saw a lot of praises, but personally there's nothing special in this first episode for me. The protagonist is superficial, enough for him to be just an insert devices. For the girls, i never get how people with no experience in relationship could behave so bold and baity like that, even for a cartoonish standard she doesn't make sense. The whole mock marriage things supposed to prepared them for the real marriage-life right? So why when they're reached the highest point of their relationship instead of lowest, suddenly they're granted the options to change their partner? isn't that a fucked up lesson and just defeat the whole purpose?

Lastly, did they really expect that with just a fingerprints lock system and a surveillance camera they could prevent the pair from banging each other?
if this is supposed to be our future system, then they must be dumber than a elementary student that could think a way of hiding a pack of cigarette and smoke secretly

I can't take this show seriously, even if its just for an entertainment sake i feel i could lost a braincell
Oct 10, 2022 9:03 AM
Jul 2020
It was a very good starter ep i would recommend it to anyone who likes romance anime
Oct 10, 2022 9:04 AM
Sep 2021
Akari and Jirou are paired up for the marriage couple program but both of them have different crushes and so they try to get along so that their ranking will increase and change their pair. It's an interesting premise let's see how it goes.
I give it 5/10.
Oct 10, 2022 9:44 AM
Mar 2015
A house of cliches demolished by a tsundre
Oct 10, 2022 10:03 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it😍😍😍😍
Oct 10, 2022 10:04 AM
Jun 2020
"Couple Practical Course"

This anime had a pretty interesting and cute concept but it's kind of obvious where this is going. A romantic anime with the main have/had a different love interests then eventually they will go fond of each other and end up together(?).
But honestly tho', excited to see how will the story pan out.

Oct 10, 2022 10:04 AM

May 2021
Who tf in their right mind decided to make it compulsory to pass this sham of a practical in order to graduate? A practical where people get rewarded for faking affection. This might just make Blue lock more believeable.

- A serious me. Horny me sees well-animated fanservice and is already sold. On a side note, funny how it has come out after A Couple of Cuckoos. This is basically that but with better animated fanservice and no ugly art style.

Oct 10, 2022 10:22 AM
Feb 2022
i love this new concept as a anime watcher,and i also love this anime characters colors are look like cyberpunk colors so its good to see new colors and character development,pretty well lets watch it to the end.
Oct 10, 2022 10:22 AM
Oct 2021
I haven’t enjoyed a first good episode since Tonikawa.
Oct 10, 2022 10:49 AM

May 2019
Interesting concept in that there's a course where a pretend couple has to live together and get along (I have no idea if there's anything like that in real life in Japan but given the ongoing declining birthrates I would not put it past it if something similar exists).

I was getting Rent-A-Girlfriend vibes from Jirou especially from his imagination and a little bit from his reactions. Colors & animations are nice as others mentioned, and I'm a fan of seinen anime so definitely interested in watching how this turns out.
Oct 10, 2022 12:26 PM
May 2021
Este fue un episodio hermoso espero y no me desanime en verlo porque apesar de que se ve muy cursi si me gusto
Oct 10, 2022 12:39 PM
Feb 2019
It was a good episode, but the concept of the story is weird.
Oct 10, 2022 1:08 PM
Jun 2021
Is it Kazuya 2.0????
Oct 10, 2022 2:12 PM
Sep 2022
bout to be nisekoi but without as many childhood friends
Oct 10, 2022 2:26 PM
Apr 2022
I don't watch a lot of anime that have fan service so his may not be my show and the plot sounds a bit cliché. I'll give this anime the 3 episode rule but I'm not having high hopes for this one.
Oct 10, 2022 3:05 PM

May 2018
Has koi to uso finally found its successor??? Well at least Jiro has the guts to actually kiss Watanabe this time round.
Oct 10, 2022 3:57 PM
Jul 2017
Nice nice. Entertaining.
Oct 10, 2022 4:36 PM
Mar 2021
This type of show seems predictable, but I’m a sucker for these
Oct 10, 2022 6:31 PM
Jan 2017
its very untereting show, good comedy and i like the all char in this anime,,
but i have to drop it, sorry
Oct 10, 2022 11:03 PM
Sep 2018
The Episode is Awesome
Gal x Gamer
Oct 11, 2022 12:13 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode! Hilarious characters, especially the green-haired dude, the blonde guy, childhood friend, MC and the pink-haired girl.

Predictable? probably for peeps who always consume romance material but tbh, I'm curious what will happen next time.

For a guilty pleasure series, it's decent enough.
Yes, I'm also looking for more.

P.S. I remembered watching something similar like this years ago where they are engaged automatically... I forgot what the title is though.
CrazyButNot4UOct 11, 2022 12:18 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 11, 2022 4:33 AM
Jun 2019
Aversa said:
Well it looks somewhat interesting.
My main question here is how will things turn out seeing as there are several ways this can end, either the main characters realise they like each other and start something, or they are to focused on other interests that they fail to see what's in front of them or thing will get really bad and so on.
It could get interesting but for now the road seems pretty clear.
Have to say the main girl is more interesting the the brown haired childhood friend, the blond haired guy also seems stereotype and my guess is things won't be going so well between them as it appears.
The main couple also needs to work hard tho.

Also are all pink haired girls voiced by the same seiyu, didn't check who it is but pretty sure it's the same voice as a certain girl that ties her hair in a ponytail when she gets serious.

She also has the same VA as the pink haired girl from Food wars (Hisako) lmao
Oct 11, 2022 10:13 AM
Jun 2021
too much fanservice, but funny and super cute
Oct 11, 2022 10:36 AM
Jun 2017
loved it!! want more
Oct 11, 2022 1:32 PM

Jan 2018
The idea of "marriage practical" being mandatory coursework for graduation in a school is the dumbest shit I've heard in a while.
I'm in.
Oct 11, 2022 1:34 PM
Dec 2021
ok episode. arithmetic.
Oct 11, 2022 2:56 PM

May 2015
The main male lead is a lot different then I thought he'd be. But the female lead is really cute and I love the fact she's a gal. You don't see many gal MCs. I hope the male lead becomes more confident in future episodes as the stereotypical timid Otaku protagonist really annoys me whenever I see them. It was one of the main reasons I dumped 3D Kanojo. Couldn't stand the male lead.

This series is gonna definitely be a re-watchable one with its wholesomeness.

I'm glad it doesn't cross the line with the ecchi. It does it tastefully enough that it doesn't get in the way of the rest of the show. (Hate ecchi shows that just keep shoving it in your face)

The setting is weird and doesn't make sense but it makes it so the main couple live together so I'm all for it. I love romance series like this that start the romance right from the beginning.
DarknessRealityOct 11, 2022 3:05 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 11, 2022 3:11 PM

Nov 2012
Shiori was cute, but man, mc is unwatchable, the pink girl is horrible, can't waste my time if I can't enjoy it a little bit, fast drop.

My Candies:

Oct 11, 2022 6:56 PM
Oct 2020
Animation style is pretty poor. The manga is incredible and beautiful... this just feels generic so far.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there any chance if a second season?

martingunnarsson - Feb 29

39 by snksd »»
Apr 22, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2022

149 by --Arrow-- »»
Apr 9, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2022

323 by Saijiroo »»
Feb 15, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

116 by acomdata »»
Jan 8, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aversa - Dec 18, 2022

203 by Fairytelly »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.