Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2022 8:34 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Publisher Akita Shoten announced on Thursday that Bukimi Miki's Shy manga is receiving a television anime adaptation. The official website also revealed the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promotional video.

Shino Shimoji (Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru) will be starring as Teru Momijiyama. Masaomi Andou (Kanata no Astra) is helming the anime at animation studio 8bit.

Miki began writing the action superhero story as a one-shot, which won Newcomer's Grand Prize in Akita Shoten's Next Champion in 2016 and then was published in Weekly Shounen Champion magazine in January 2017. Serialization of the manga began in Weekly Shounen Champion in August 2019. Akita Shoten shipped the 16th volume on October 6.

Yen Press licensed the manga in English on July 1 and will release the first volume on December 13.

Synopsis
Just as the planet approached its third World War, individuals with superpowers appeared from around the globe to maintain peace. They became the symbols of their respective nations, striving to limit crime and bring evildoers to justice. Teenage heroine Teru "Shy" Momijiyama is Japan's representative in the world of heroes. When a mysterious threat called Amalareiks emerges, Shy must work together with her fellow heroes to stop them at all costs. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Teaser PV

Official site: https://www.shy-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @SHY_off

Source: Comic Natalie

Shy on MAL
Hyperion_PSOct 11, 2023 9:20 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 5, 2022 8:41 AM

Apr 2012
All-female show? In 2022? Expect an audience filled with yuri fans who will explain to you through lengthy essays why all the characters are gay and in relationships with each other.
Oct 5, 2022 8:44 AM

Sep 2019
Looks interesting. PTW moment.
Oct 5, 2022 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
Action shounen with female protagonist?
I'm yet to see a well executed character like this and I'm not sure I'll ever see until Honkai Impact gets adapted.
Maybe this one will be somewhat good? If MC's shyness is like 95% of her entire character, which is being emphasized here, then it will get quite boring quite fast.
PiromyslOct 5, 2022 9:59 AM

Oct 5, 2022 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
Bland superhero name, but fun content

It should be worth a watch.

RobertBobert said:
All-female show? In 2022? Expect an audience filled with yuri fans who will explain to you through lengthy essays why all the characters are gay and in relationships with each other.

That's pretty much the norm now, you even get it in Precure occasionally.

Oct 5, 2022 9:03 AM

Jul 2015
huh ... just another garbage yuri bait anime to avoid
Oct 5, 2022 9:11 AM

Feb 2021
Girl in costume on the left is not so shy, I suppose.
Oct 5, 2022 9:20 AM

Apr 2012
Hoppy said:
Bland superhero name, but fun content

It should be worth a watch.

RobertBobert said:

That's pretty much the norm now, you even get it in Precure occasionally.

It was more sarcasm than a real statement, but I still remember people taking random friendship moments from a kodomo idol show and saying "how can you deny they're lesbians?!"
Oct 5, 2022 9:44 AM

Jan 2021
The manga is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not great, neither very bad, it's just okay, but I absolutely adore it. I hope I will enjoy the anime as much as I enjoy the manga.
Also, because some people are talking about it. It's not an all girl cast show and it is also not very yuri bait ( depending on what you consider to be yuri bait ), at least for the first 5 volume.
Oct 5, 2022 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Looking forward to this anime.
Oct 5, 2022 9:57 AM

May 2021
looks interesting. common 8bit W.
Oct 5, 2022 10:00 AM

Feb 2021
Oh, I only now realised that it is the same girl.

Funny.
Oct 5, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2022
justanormi said:
The manga is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not great, neither very bad, it's just okay, but I absolutely adore it. I hope I will enjoy the anime as much as I enjoy the manga.
Also, because some people are talking about it. It's not an all girl cast show and it is also not very yuri bait ( depending on what you consider to be yuri bait ), at least for the first 5 volume.

Anilist has a 79% yuri tag
Oct 5, 2022 10:04 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Say-My-Name said:
justanormi said:

lol anilist. anyone can add a tag there, its the wild west on this website.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 5, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2022
DatRandomDude said:
Say-My-Name said:

Yeah but 79 percent? I know Anilist lets its retarded userbase make those decisions, but still, that's a tad lot.
Oct 5, 2022 10:09 AM

Jan 2021
Say-My-Name said:
justanormi said:

"at least for the first 5 volume" by that I mean that it's not present at the start ( at least I do no see it ) but it's very much here later. There's literally a girl confessing her love to Teru in Volume 10.
Oct 5, 2022 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
Say-My-Name said:
justanormi said:

DatRandomDude said:
Say-My-Name said:

Oh lol, tags on Anilist. It even has a heterosexual tag lol. You'll find it on every all-female show as shippers will promote it. Just like BakaTsuki used to have a yuri tag for every CGDCT manga.

justanormi said:
Say-My-Name said:

"at least for the first 5 volume" by that I mean that it's not present at the start ( at least I do no see it ) but it's very much here later. There's literally a girl confessing her love to Teru in Volume 10.

There are lesbians in every all-female work. Because it's part of the conversion. Either as a side character or as a one-sided crush on an MC, but you always get it. Because it's part of the female fanservice. For example, Kon-kon Iroha is extremely heterosexual, but still has a bright yuri subplot.
Oct 5, 2022 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
Say-My-Name said:
DatRandomDude said:

Yeah but 79 percent? I know Anilist lets its retarded userbase make those decisions, but still, that's a tad lot.

They tagged Free LGBTQ because someone thought the BL subtext tag was homophobic and denied the reality of gay people on the show.
Oct 5, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2015
Say-My-Name said:
justanormi said:

You can as well take Twitter seriously. It means absolutely nothing.
On Anilist users can update tags as they please, so you have yuri tags even when there is no yuri whatsoever.
PiromyslDec 10, 2022 8:22 PM

Oct 5, 2022 10:29 AM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
Say-My-Name said:

You can as well take Twitter seriously. It means absolutely nothing.

You gave me so many negative flashbacks to be honest.
Oct 5, 2022 10:31 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
please be mostly or all girls, don't hit me with all the all female cover only to make the show mostly guys

go away... im NOT responding to you
Oct 5, 2022 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
At first glance, I thought "we don't need more superhero anime", but this sounds like it has potential.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 5, 2022 10:34 AM

Feb 2012
Memore said:
Girl in costume on the left is not so shy, I suppose.

She is the shy but not shy of the outfit just shy on the people
Oct 5, 2022 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
EcchiGodMamster said:
please be mostly or all girls, don't hit me with all the all female cover only to make the show mostly guys

go away... im NOT responding to you

If you don't want me to answer you, don't provoke me with another sexist whining.
Oct 5, 2022 11:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This could end up being something pretty good....Definitely gonna keep my eye out for this one
Oct 5, 2022 12:06 PM

Mar 2015
i was actually reading this one, until long boring dragged 2 ARC about inner struggle. i hope the anime fix that, then i might watch it.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 5, 2022 12:26 PM
Jul 2020
ohh another female lead...this is getting tiring
Oct 5, 2022 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
i was actually reading this one, until long boring dragged 2 ARC about inner struggle. i hope the anime fix that, then i might watch it.

Don't like psychological arcs? Sounds pretty shonen-ish.
Oct 5, 2022 12:59 PM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

the issue is even after 2 arc focusing on them, the issue still persistent. then you get even more character with same issues.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 5, 2022 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

the issue is even after 2 arc focusing on them, the issue still persistent. then you get even more character with same issues.

Two arcs of agnsty monologues amid pretentious footage?
Oct 5, 2022 1:09 PM

Mar 2020
This seems like My Hero Acemediash series :0
Oct 5, 2022 1:16 PM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

Two arcs of agnsty monologues amid pretentious footage?
yes, that's why i drop it. dunno if it improved since or not, but that's my pet peeve that make me drop it.
Oct 5, 2022 2:16 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
tragedydesu said:

> this guy thinks two girls interacting equate to yuri bait
Go outside
Oct 5, 2022 2:40 PM
Aug 2022
I think this looks kinda cool. I don't know anything about the manga itself but I dunno I'm thinking of watching this one when it comes out.
Oct 5, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2009
I read few chapters long time ago and it was boring. Heard from manga readers that what anime will cover is worst arc. So yeah.
But Shirley/Rum seiyuu is good choice.
Oct 5, 2022 4:31 PM

Apr 2022
Nobody here will watch this when it comes out. Because, "oh no it has talking? where is the fighting ooga booga!"

Never change mal.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Oct 5, 2022 9:53 PM

Jan 2020
vitor03 said:

Did you think how this sounds before writing it
Because it's not good
Oct 5, 2022 10:41 PM

Jul 2022
Well it will definitely be better than Oshi no Ko for sure, and I haven't even read this manga at all.
Oct 6, 2022 1:55 AM
Jan 2016
Oh yeah I love the manga for this I hope the anime turns out good
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Oct 6, 2022 2:08 AM

Apr 2009
Oh dear, do we have another Antiyuri-Crusader meltdown here? Never change MAL, never change.

Anyway, this is the best news I've heard for a while. The manga is nothing stellar, but pretty solid. And quite low on action, considering the genre. Half the MAL will drift to sleep during the first episode. Oh, and it sure has some yuri bait too. Tee-hee☆.
But nevermind the small stuff. Speaking of matters that are actually important, it has a glasses MC. Praise the glasses! Even if producers're being so shy about it that you can barely notice it from all the pics.
Oct 6, 2022 3:31 AM

Feb 2019
Well that's a miserably boring plot. No interest.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 6, 2022 4:22 AM

Apr 2012
Yuri fanboys/fangirls are complaining again that someone is not as excited about even theoretical yuri as they are? Well, yes, MAL does not really change.
Oct 6, 2022 4:36 AM

Jul 2015
Nanaca said:
Speaking of matters that are actually important, it has a glasses MC. Praise the glasses! Even if producers're being so shy about it that you can barely notice it from all the pics.

I think we'll get along. I'm sold.
Glasses supremacy!

Oct 6, 2022 3:46 PM

Mar 2015
LoveScope said:
Nobody here will watch this when it comes out. Because, "oh no it has talking? where is the fighting ooga booga!"

Never change mal.
i was as farthest as you can get from action junkie. but 50 chapter of "i don't deserve to be hero" "why i am chosen, i am suck" "i am failure of hero, i can't get stronger" monologue over and over and over is pretty tiresome you know.
Say-My-Name said:
DatRandomDude said:

i still fondly remember the highest rated tags in chainsawman page in anilist was seinen. had to report it to take it down.
KumaOct 6, 2022 3:50 PM
Oct 6, 2022 5:59 PM

Apr 2022
Kuma said:
LoveScope said:

Never change mal.
i was as farthest as you can get from action junkie. but 50 chapter of "i don't deserve to be hero" "why i am chosen, i am suck" "i am failure of hero, i can't get stronger" monologue over and over and over is pretty tiresome you know.
Say-My-Name said:

i still fondly remember the highest rated tags in chainsawman page in anilist was seinen. had to report it to take it down.

Cool story bro. Stick to csm and reporting tags then.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Oct 7, 2022 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
LoveScope said:

Never change mal.
Say-My-Name said:

It's not as funny as the "heterosexual" tag hidden under the spoiler under shows with female leads.
Oct 7, 2022 6:04 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

It's not as funny as the "heterosexual" tag hidden under the spoiler under shows with female leads.
i couldn't care less about that tbh.
Oct 7, 2022 6:14 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

i couldn't care less about that tbh.

Because you are an adult and for you the "sudden" revelation that the heroines are not lesbians will not be something important.
Oct 8, 2022 3:21 PM

Mar 2014
vitor03 said:

Around 80%+ of all anime have male protags. Are you joking/trolling, or are you just a noob?

Relax, your game-y isekais with slavery apologia and ooga booga battle shounens with Jump tropes are going to keep going just as strong as ever.

tragedydesu said:

Some women talking to each other about something other than their males=yuribait

Such notion can be found as a common ground for both yurinutts and yurihaternutts.

It's also why LycoReco production team got death treaths from some ridiculous brats on twitter.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 9, 2022 6:37 AM

Oct 2018
Another LycoReco bruhh moment...

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

16 by JackAward »»
1 hour ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

24 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.