Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2022 8:31 AM
Mar 2021
Is this the best childcare/parenting anime in your opinion or is there some other anime you think is better in the same genre?
Oct 5, 2022 8:51 AM

Jan 2021
There is no better genre than Clannad.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i become a boomer or new seasonals animes are not hitting the spot anymore ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 5, 2022 8:51 AM
Dec 2021
Gurmukh said:
Is this the best childcare/parenting anime in your opinion or is there some other anime you think is better in the same genre?

Even though Clannad is my favorite anime, I wouldn't put it at the top of this genre, but I believe it's a really great example. i think spy x family is the best in this genre.
Oct 5, 2022 8:53 AM
Feb 2021
Clannad >. But Usagi Drop (anime) and Kakushigoto deserves a shout.
DavannnOct 5, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
No, because this anime doesn't have very much parenting. Usagi Drop is better.
YU-NO has similar parenting to Clannad, but the anime is worse in other respects.
その目だれの目?
Oct 5, 2022 9:42 AM
Jan 2022
NicolasDMoura said:
Gurmukh said:

Even though Clannad is my favorite anime, I wouldn't put it at the top of this genre, but I believe it's a really great example. i think spy x family is the best in this genre.

No way you think spy x family is better than clannad. I’m sad now. The emotion Clannad 2 portrayed is still unbelievable to me.
Oct 5, 2022 9:58 AM
Mar 2022
Yes⁶⁹. Clannad is one of the best things that ever happened in anime history
Oct 5, 2022 10:17 AM
Aug 2021
MidnightX23X said:
NicolasDMoura said:

No way you think spy x family is better than clannad. I’m sad now. The emotion Clannad 2 portrayed is still unbelievable to me.

Season 2 was a cop out. Completely deleted the whole point if the anime.
Oct 5, 2022 10:20 AM
Jan 2022
StarZone1 said:
MidnightX23X said:

Season 2 was a cop out. Completely deleted the whole point if the anime.

m sorry but this is the worst take I have ever heard. Season 2 Clannad Afterstory is one of the greatest works that me and many other people have seen in anime. Season 1 had me on the edge about the slow plot and many girls who acted much younger than they were kind of like K-On. The second season was incredibly meaningful and emotional
Oct 5, 2022 10:34 AM

Jun 2016
Clannad has more life lessons and honestly Spy x Family feels underwhelming from what I watched. What Anya learns is more from listening to inner thoughts than understanding them and experiencing them.
Oct 5, 2022 11:36 AM
Dec 2021
MidnightX23X said:
NicolasDMoura said:

I totally agree that clannad is a masterpiece in all aspects, but when it comes to childcare/parenting, there are better examples, because clannad uses this artifice as an emotional catalyst, and not as a central point.
Oct 5, 2022 11:38 AM
Jan 2021
Clannad is the best of the best
Oct 5, 2022 12:44 PM
Dec 2021
NicolasDMoura said:
Gurmukh said:

lohl spy x trash not even close to the greatness of clannad after story
Oct 5, 2022 3:25 PM

May 2020
NicolasDMoura said:
Gurmukh said:

Apples and oranges. Two animes do not even remotely portray the same type. Lots of good, rare and epic animes exist, however clannad is one of the legendary of its genre. I honestly wouldn't go as far as calling spy x as "thrash" neither. I also enjoyed it. Again, one is drama and life lessons while other is action/comedy.
"I'll get the Shaft program to work Flawlessly!"
Oct 5, 2022 4:56 PM
Mar 2021
Anime was just better then mid nothing amazing definitely not the best in the genre
Oct 5, 2022 9:23 PM
Jan 2021
I think there are a lot of childcare shows that are more enjoyable than clannad,like usagi drop, aishiteruze baby, hinamitsuri, or kakushigoto. There are a lot of great childcare shows out there
Oct 8, 2022 7:21 AM

Sep 2014
NicolasDMoura said:
Gurmukh said:

I don't think this take is as awful as people are saying it is - while I wouldn't say spy x family is the BEST, it has really good family themes and has good points about found family relationships. But Clannad Afterstory made everyone pour tears into a family they watched grow over the course of 2 seasons, plus the relationship between Nagisa's parents... it just has more blood family relationships that solidify it as a top contender for family shows.
Oct 9, 2022 11:43 PM
May 2016
srsly hated season 2. My rewatch is first season + final episode xP This show is hilarious. Love the comedy!
Oct 13, 2022 12:15 AM
Jan 2021
Davannn said:
Clannad >. But Usagi Drop (anime) and Kakushigoto deserves a shout.

I watched kakushigoto but more comedy doesn't match the amount of sad moments
Oct 13, 2022 12:01 PM

Jan 2021
Yes, easily nothing else comes close to this masterpiece.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Nov 8, 2022 1:53 AM
Jan 2021
Gurmukh said:

If u want to get into feels then watch
1.the day i became a god (same creator of Clannad)
2.Air! (Same creator and kyo ani first roject of visual novel)
3.kanon(same creator)
4.angel beats (still same creator)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.