Forum Settings
Forums

Userstyle – See review scores without expanding the review

New
Oct 1, 2022 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
Hello! I've never really posted in a forum before, so I hope this is OK. And, apologies if someone has made something like this already.

With the new review system, arbitrary tags like “Recommended”, “Not Recommended” are shown instead of a numerical score, and you have to click on “Read more” to see the actual score at the very bottom of the review.

I personally feel this is an unnecessary extra step, so I wrote a userstyle that makes the scores visible and moves them back up to the top right of the review!

(The review pictured is TheCriticsClub's review of Berserk.)

The style also removes the recommendation tags if you don't use crayon, since they aren't really helpful (and are kind of distracting!) if the actual score is visible. The other tags, like “Preliminary” and “Spoiler”, are still visible.

To use the style:

1. Install Stylus if you don't already have it: Chrome Web Store, Firefox Add-ons.

2. Install the style from userstyles.world.

Thanks! Please feel free to let me know if you run into any issues, or if it isn't working on some pages, and I will try to fix it as soon as I can. :)

Note – If you use crayon for mal:

This style is compatible with crayon as of version 1.1.3.

(The review pictured is Neiru2013's review of Berserk.)

Please enable the setting “crayon compatibility fix” by clicking on the gear icon, and then toggling the option on.

If you don't use crayon, you should leave that setting disabled.

Updates:

• 2023/10/19: Refactored to adjust crayon compatibility to show recommendation tags, and to clean things up in general

• 2023/04/13: Added crayon for mal compatibility fix

• 2023/01/27: Fixed the tags overlapping if a review was preliminary and also contained spoilers. Sorry about that!

starshapeOct 18, 2023 11:36 PM
Oct 1, 2022 1:08 AM

Oct 2018
This style is really useful, thanks a bunch

Oct 5, 2022 2:49 AM

May 2015
Thanks for making this, it works as expected.
Oct 28, 2022 11:11 AM

Mar 2015
Thanks for sharing this, it's exactly what I was looking for.
Oct 18, 2023 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
I was wondering if it would be possible to have both the crayon recommended, mixed feelings and not recommended and the rating also. If not, it's all good too, it's just I use crayon and it looks good with colors :)
Oct 18, 2023 11:45 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to cybern4ut
I was wondering if it would be possible to have both the crayon recommended, mixed feelings and not recommended and the rating also. If not, it's all good too, it's just I use crayon and it looks good with colors :)
@cybern4ut
cybern4ut said:

Yes! Of course! I kept forgetting that those were actually styled properly with crayon now :')

I updated the style so now the recommended/mixed feelings/not recommended tag should be visible with crayon.
Oct 19, 2023 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to starshape
@cybern4ut
cybern4ut said:

Yes! Of course! I kept forgetting that those were actually styled properly with crayon now :')

I updated the style so now the recommended/mixed feelings/not recommended tag should be visible with crayon.
@starshape Much obliged, I love this so much!

More topics from this board

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

24 by WaffleMaster89 »»
2 minutes ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

360 by nin-tendo »»
Today, 10:36 AM

» Have you tried using lmms?

Cammell - Apr 19

2 by W3TFT »»
Today, 9:13 AM

» CSS List Designs by Valerio Lyndon / V.L

Valerio_Lyndon - Sep 9, 2022

23 by karmashizzle »»
Yesterday, 6:01 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
Yesterday, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.