Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 30, 2022 6:21 AM

Jun 2022
Quite often anime ends with an open ending or is just a partial adaptation of a manga that never get's adapted in the entirety. What animes do you think should have a sequel but never get one? I'd like to see Sankarea to get a sequel.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 30, 2022 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Please, give me Spice and Wolf S3, a remake, whatever. I need to:
Sep 30, 2022 6:23 AM
Sep 30, 2022 6:25 AM

Mar 2012
Akatsuki no Yona, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Shounen Onmyouji, the last one in particular has 0 chances of ever getting any sequel.
Sep 30, 2022 6:27 AM

Sep 2019
Grand Blue.
K-On!.
The World God Only Knows.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.
Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san.
Nisekoi (Decent show).
GG-WPSep 30, 2022 6:33 AM
Sep 30, 2022 6:31 AM

Oct 2019
Id:invaded, death parade, ya boy kongming, godzilla sp, opera girl
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 30, 2022 6:33 AM

May 2019
Shenmue the animation season 2 so we can finally know what happens in shenmue 3 and shenmue 4.
Sep 30, 2022 6:39 AM

Dec 2021
There are so many animes that I want a sequel so badly also so many's that deserve a sequel so badly. But it might never happened.

Some of these animes are:

1. Domestic girlfriend (things were just getting interesting)
2. Testament of sister new devil ( The story isn't finished yet. Some
mystery's are yet to be discovered)
3. Keijo (Things were just getting started)
4. Prison school ( Best comedy, deserves a sequel)
5. Yosuga no sora ( The story can be taken as finished but things would've been much dramatic if they continued the story in a new sequel)
6. Kissxsis (the story can be taken as finished but this anime is gold & I want a sequel of this)

All these might seem pervy animes but once I liked them a lot.
Hope to find that distinct person.
Sep 30, 2022 6:47 AM

Dec 2015
I would like to see Barakamon to be finally finished.
Sep 30, 2022 6:48 AM

Jul 2021
Anjumhossain said:
There are so many animes that I want a sequel so badly also so many's that deserve a sequel so badly. But it might never happened.

5. Yosuga no sora ( The story can be taken as finished but things would've been much dramatic if they continued the story in a new sequel)
6. Kissxsis (the story can be taken as finished but this anime is gold & I want a sequel of this)

Domestic girlfriend will never get a sequel. the author herself said that the anime was made to boost manga sales and we should not expect a sequel. you should really read the manga, it's hundred times better than the anime. the anime was like "horny incest" but the manga is much more than that, it develops into a beautiful story where the relationships are properly explored, all the characters go through a lot of development. you will also see Natsuo living his college life, achieving things and stuff. the manga is really worth your time if you even remotely liked the anime. if you liked the anime for the "spiciness" then you have that in the manga too. just give it a try. real shit begins after Hina moves, everything before that was just barely an intro and start from chapter 1, anime doesn't do the manga justice.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 30, 2022 6:49 AM

Jul 2021
Saint Seiya Lost Canvas that ended mid arc.
Magi that ended an arc but there's still more to adapt.
Sep 30, 2022 6:51 AM
Aug 2021
Verticulum said:
Quite often anime ends with an open ending or is just a partial adaptation of a manga that never get's adapted in the entirety. What animes do you think should have a sequel but never get one? I'd like to see Sankarea to get a sequel.

Nozaki-kun really deserved a second season. It is a great anime.

Sep 30, 2022 6:59 AM

Feb 2021
tchitchouan said:
Shenmue the animation season 2 so we can finally know what happens in shenmue 3 and shenmue 4.

Agree.

Practically EVERY anime series adapted from the completely released manga which was abrupltly ended NEEDS a sequel.
Sep 30, 2022 7:09 AM
Mar 2019
Claymore & Gunslinger Girl.
Probably too late now even though there is plenty of material left.
Sep 30, 2022 7:12 AM
Mar 2019
Grusomhed said:

There is one coming soon, read it in the news section of the title.
Sep 30, 2022 7:20 AM

Nov 2010
I'm still looking forward to HxH's Dark Continent Expedition & Succession Contest Arc to be animated someday. I guess that can be considered a sequel? I'm clinging on to life just for that!
Sep 30, 2022 7:24 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
No Game No Life
Hyouka
High School DxD
Akatsuki no Yona
Index Railgun Series
Amaburi
Houseki no Kuni
Sep 30, 2022 7:36 AM

Jul 2016
Hinamatusuri, definitely need more of that.
Sep 30, 2022 7:37 AM

Jul 2015
LycorisRecoil has a huge sequel potential and BD sold well.
I'm still baffled Houseki no Kuni didn't received a sequel yet.
Symphogear still has a potential for a sequel. Season 6 must happen!
World Trigger season 4 will happen eventually. Question is only when...

Grusomhed said:

Are you up to date?

Sep 30, 2022 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
Piromysl said:

Grusomhed said:

Are you up to date?

If Koshimizu Ami does not voice Holo, I do not care.
Sep 30, 2022 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
Grusomhed said:
If Koshimizu Ami does not voice Holo, I do not care.

I don't see why she wouldn't. She seems to be still active.

Sep 30, 2022 7:43 AM

Sep 2021
lol I just managed to think about this one anime then I actually forget what's it about even the anime name xd
Sep 30, 2022 7:46 AM

May 2022
Yofukashi no Uta. Too bad the author take too long in the manga to get to the more interesting stuff. The rules about vampires powers, the fighting and introduce the villain.

Season one was not enough to do this, i sure think this anime is compromised for a second season but i hope it gets enough audience for that.
Who is gonna carry the boats and the logs? — David Goggins
Sep 30, 2022 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
Piromysl said:

Grusomhed said:

Are you up to date?

I was not up to date on this one. Thanks for making my day slightly better.
Sep 30, 2022 7:49 AM

Jun 2019
There are so many shows I've forgotten that I wouldn't mind getting a sequel (Cop Craft, Somali & The Forest Guardian), but top of the list I'd have to go with Domestic Girlfriend and Land of the Lustrous.
Sep 30, 2022 8:02 AM

Dec 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
Anjumhossain said:

Domestic girlfriend will never get a sequel. the author herself said that the anime was made to boost manga sales and we should not expect a sequel. you should really read the manga, it's hundred times better than the anime. the anime was like "horny incest" but the manga is much more than that, it develops into a beautiful story where the relationships are properly explored, all the characters go through a lot of development. you will also see Natsuo living his college life, achieving things and stuff. the manga is really worth your time if you even remotely liked the anime. if you liked the anime for the "spiciness" then you have that in the manga too. just give it a try. real shit begins after Hina moves, everything before that was just barely an intro and start from chapter 1, anime doesn't do the manga justice.

Thanks for letting me know all this. I will definitely read the manga when I feel like it. But I'm a bit concerned as I've heard that the ending of this manga wasn't good at all
if a great story like this gets such an ending, it might ruin the entire experience.
Hope to find that distinct person.
Sep 30, 2022 8:12 AM

Jun 2022
It's been stated above many times, but it would be nice if a lot of anime had a conclusive ending rather than just serving as a big advertisement for the manga.
Sep 30, 2022 8:15 AM

Apr 2020
Dorohedoro. Unfortunately, MAPPA is busy with Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen and Shingeki no Kyojin.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 30, 2022 8:20 AM

Aug 2020
AcD4c said:
Dorohedoro. Unfortunately, MAPPA is busy with Chainsaw Man, Jujutsu Kaisen and Shingeki no Kyojin.
Indeed. Altho snk is ending they then picked up Vinland Saga smh.
Sep 30, 2022 8:35 AM
Nov 2021
I pray everyday to see the day someone adapt Baccano! light novels. There's A LOT of content to be adapted, and the first season was pretty succesful, so i don't know why anyone does it.
Sep 30, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 2021
Land of the lustrous
91 days
Dorohedoro
Sep 30, 2022 8:51 AM

Apr 2020
TRC_Randy said:
AcD4c said:

WTF I didn't notice MAPPA is taking Vinland Saga. Another anime that goes from Wit to MAPPA... Wit don't seem very interested on sequels now. They also have Jigokuraku to do.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 30, 2022 9:01 AM

Feb 2022
Since it hasn't been mentioned and it's definitely one of the top I can think of, Baccano. The anime barely scratched the surface, would love to see more of the novels adapted.
Sep 30, 2022 9:02 AM

Oct 2014
Haruhi, Rokka no Yuusha, Grand Blue, Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi.
Sep 30, 2022 9:05 AM

Jun 2022
Droebie said:
Since it hasn't been mentioned and it's definitely one of the top I can think of, Baccano. The anime barely scratched the surface, would love to see more of the novels adapted.

Damn I was just updating the Baccano LN chapters I had read :d this very much
Also I want Blood Lad to get a complete adaptation.
I'd like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly
Sep 30, 2022 9:09 AM

Jul 2021
Anjumhossain said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

Thanks for letting me know all this. I will definitely read the manga when I feel like it. But I'm a bit concerned as I've heard that the ending of this manga wasn't good at all
if a great story like this gets such an ending, it might ruin the entire experience.
yes that's how it goes but once you read the manga you will be able to understand Natsuo's decision behind his choice. a lot of unexpected things happen in the manga, their lives into adulthood is covered. i personally undertood why Natsuo chose her even though it clearly looks like a bad decision.

but don't let the ending bother you, the whole journey is actually quite good, the character's lives are explored deeply and there are some things to learn from the manga as well. there are many people who disliked the ending but if you are able to understand why Natsuo chose her then the ending doesn't seem bad, it's actually a good ending, both girls deserved to be with Natsuo but Natsuo chose to go with his

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 30, 2022 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
Pet Girl Sakurasou and Bunny Girl. I know its getting a ova/short series but not really a sequel.
Sep 30, 2022 9:21 AM
Jan 2022
Drifters
Black Lagoon
Maid Sama!
Noragami
Elfen Lied
-i've heard all of them are not fully Adopted or something so i still have Hopes (even though im not sure about all of them so if the anime fully Adopted sorry.)
Sep 30, 2022 9:23 AM

Jan 2013
Anime that deserve a sequel:

One Outs
Kaiji
GTO
Sep 30, 2022 9:27 AM
Nov 2020
ID .Invaded , Wonder Egg Priority , Millionaire Detective and Space Dandy.
Sep 30, 2022 9:45 AM

Nov 2016
Too many too list. But Baka and Test S3 would be nice. I'd like to see my reactions nowadays now that already seen so many shows, towards one of my gateway too "non mainstream" anime.
Sep 30, 2022 9:47 AM

Apr 2021
TRC_Randy said:
AcD4c said:

Vinland Saga shouldn't really matter in that regard. Dorohedoro's team is entirely on AOT in the moment. So as soon as it ends, Dorohedoro Season 2 is close.
Sep 30, 2022 9:50 AM
Feb 2022
Piromysl said:

Grusomhed said:

Are you up to date?

I mean that would be interesting but what would it even be about since I'm pretty sure there aren't any more threats after XV (could be wrong)
Sep 30, 2022 10:04 AM
Feb 2022
Failed Knight S2
Asterisk War S3
KHR Revival (for the last two arcs)
Beelzebub S2
Blue Exorcist S3
Medaka Box S3
The Twelve Kingdoms S2
MegaManFan2015Sep 30, 2022 10:08 AM
Sep 30, 2022 11:35 AM

Feb 2021
Domestic Girlfriend and The World's Finest Assassin, cause I read the source material for both and I would like to see the rest animated.
Sep 30, 2022 12:08 PM

Feb 2022
Verticulum said:
For me it's Horimiya! umm but I know it will never happen.
GreyratAnimelistSep 30, 2022 12:11 PM

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
Sep 30, 2022 12:16 PM

Jun 2022
There is only one true answer:

Area 88 OVA 4
Sep 30, 2022 2:55 PM

Jul 2019
DANSHI KOUKOUSEI NO NICHIJOU
ARAKAWA UNDER THE BRIDGE
Sep 30, 2022 2:59 PM
Jan 2020
Definitely Deadman wonderland. Such an underrated anime yet so good. It's a shame it got cancelled 😢
Sep 30, 2022 3:14 PM
Nov 2018
Gakkou Gurashi, till the day I die I will ask for a second season even though I know the manga ended
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 8 hours ago

17 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

62 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

172 by Maumuu »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 3 hours ago

9 by MichaelJackson »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 7 hours ago

32 by Ochimusha »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.