Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2022 10:12 AM
Jun 2022
I'm glad they adapted chapter 51.5 in this episode
Sep 28, 2022 10:13 AM
May 2019
Best opisode in this season but it is terrifieng me it slowy but surely more and more lkike my nightmares
Sep 28, 2022 10:17 AM

Oct 2012
10/10. best (DEEPreesing) anime of the season
Sep 28, 2022 10:17 AM

Sep 2014
ngl this was too confusing for me to enjoy. Halfway through this season just lost me.

Lots of dying, lots of drama, lots of action, but whats the point?

Where was Vuero even trying to go when she got hit with the curse?

Wazazan predicted everything and just did it for the lulz?

Nanachis entire involvement in this was because she inherited some others memories. Basically was absent the entire season outside of recycled melodrama.

Riku has strong "chose one" vibes here, just gets the center of attention without any reason.

Reg still doesnt remember anything at all, shame.

Lots of focus on Faputa so either she joins or this all was wasted effort.

Idk, just give me back the adventure part of this story and tone down the child torture melodrama.

Maybe I can enjoy this more when I binge it in a rewatch.. would be a shame not to after the amazing first season and movie.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 28, 2022 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
That was beautiful. Almost every character shined in this episode. Reg, the villagers and specially Vueko and Faputa.

The backstory of Gobu and Faputa was amazing. Faputa really grew on me and I'm glad she stayed alive till the end. The very final scene between her and Vueko was fantastic and a very fitting finale for her.

The one eyed girl was also lovely. Glad she died dooing something worthy.

Also, Majikaja finally got the body he wanted, huh. Was funny seeing him act in that body tho I didn't know he could do that.

Amazing finale for what has been very depressing.

9/10. 1+ member to the team?

Just one question, who said that Vueko had dark eyes? Also, did she imply she still remember that rapist's words and she is still in the same place mentally since then?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 28, 2022 10:21 AM
Feb 2022
An amazing end to an amazing second season.
Sep 28, 2022 10:30 AM
Oct 2012
Great finale I will wait for season three as long as it takes but what happened to Maaaa? What does Faputa plan on doing after completing her goal? Wazukyan seemed to imply that Riko was different somehow, how so? What was the point of setting this up? So many questions I'm looking forward to finding out.
Sep 28, 2022 10:35 AM
Jan 2021
tetrix1993 said:
Pretty good episode and great season so far! Sad Faputa didn't join them in the end...

She does, she just said she’ll think about it
Sep 28, 2022 10:47 AM
Nov 2019
In Kevin Penkin supremacy I believe
Sep 28, 2022 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
I knew what was coming with Vueko and her death and closure with Irumyui via Faputa and the scene still destroyed me. Wouldn't be a Made in Abyss arc without some bittersweet ending. The only thing I don't like is that now that the village arc is over we will have to wait at least 5 years for a new MiA series (not counting Prushka's OVA), as there are only 4 manga chapters after it and the chapter release schedule is super inconsistent.

Either way, it was a pleasure to watch this arc from beginning to end. I'll never forget Vueko, Irumyuui, Belaf, Wazukyan, Maa, Kaja and the others just like how Riko, Reg, Nanachi and Faputa will never do. At the end of their journey, they finally found the gold they sought.

Also, those anime-only wondering what happens with Faputa,
IllyricusSep 28, 2022 10:57 AM
Sep 28, 2022 10:54 AM

Sep 2015
The first episodes weren't too hot but the final act was cool. The most tragic death was without a doubt the big robot guy.
can dis sig fit
Dec 2021
Kinda saddening that they didn't end the episode with "Tomorrow" playing in the background. Regardless, I think s1 was better, still this season was pretty good as well 8.5/10

Dec 2012
There were some panels in the manga where I couldn't even tell what's going on. The adaptation made it much easier to follow the events.
This arc was my least favorite by far but I still enjoyed this show. Strong 8/10, we'll see each other in this decade hopefully.
Sep 28, 2022 11:15 AM

Jan 2022
It may have felt like a side story in the series' overall plot, but the arc this season covered was the best part of the series so far. 9/10

That said, watching this season weekly over the course of 12 weeks was a lot better than the five chapters per year schedule of the manga.

𝘣𝘰𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦

Sep 28, 2022 11:16 AM

Jan 2020
I was hoping for a little more involvement from Riko in this finale, but overall a strong season as a whole.

It was interesting to finally see Faputa snooping around our heroes' camp, as well as some other snippets of her backstory. It definitely made it seem like she had far less hostile intentions than were initially shown.

And, I'm somewhat surprised Faputa tepidly agreed to come with them. I kind of thought she would go off and do a solo adventure for awhile. Maybe make an appearance later, towards the end of the story. Though, I suppose they can use all the help they can get as they continue their descent. I'm definitely looking forward to what's coming next. Surely we're getting close to Lyza?

I guess, other than the upcoming OVA, it'll probably be awhile for any new content? 7th Layer eventually, yeah?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 28, 2022 11:39 AM

May 2022
K_ToiletPaper said:

Ok since you’re a reader of the source material I wanted confirmation about faputa. The way I interpreted it was she’s going to join the group. I saw a couple of posts that think she’s not or are unsure. Am I misreading the situation?
Sep 28, 2022 11:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was one heck of a finale episode right here!

Kinema Citrus delivered on the animation side of things and leave it to Kevin Penkin for handling the sound department. Faputa powering up at the expense of the villagers and kicking some arse was nice to see, those giant monsters just wouldn't go down though lol. Reg came up with a great idea to take care of them. So much epicness and the show's entire philosophy of appreciating the beauty in the despair was portrayed in flying colours here.

And man, the glorious Op! Fudge, it's so good ~ Been on replay for a long while now, but I really need to sleep soon lmao.
"Replace pain with pain. Burn it, I'll get hurt, I'll be left over, I'll take shape." - How very fitting for the nature of this series... Felt custom-made, really.

@Comander-07 Yeah, I can relate to this experience too, to be honest. Didn't feel like our main characters really had much of a role and the lack of fun adventuring did lighten my enjoyment of the show. Not to mention, a few things definitely didn't make sense too. Wazukyun's part, in particular, was confusing, wasn't his whole role supposed to be protecting the crew? I liked how he signed off wishing them despair and Riko refuted that, felt very anime-ish in the right way xD.

All in all, I'd have to put this season below its predecessors. I'm definitely looking forward to more though!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 28, 2022 11:47 AM
Jul 2020
This episode was so fucking good. I enjoyed the first season a little more than this season personally, but both have their strong points as to why i like them separately. There's little manga material left (like maybe just like all of 2-5 chapters), so i really don't know when we're going to see a new season of Made in Abyss (with actual materials). If they do decide to do anything with made in abyss in the future, it would most likely be in the format of a movie.

overall 8.5/10. RIP Vueko and like everyone in the village

It would be cool if Faputa doesn't join them but like, loosely tags along in their adventure, appearing every so often in chapters as like a surprise
Sep 28, 2022 11:50 AM

Nov 2016
CHT13 said:
K_ToiletPaper said:

Ok since you’re a reader of the source material I wanted confirmation about faputa. The way I interpreted it was she’s going to join the group. I saw a couple of posts that think she’s not or are unsure. Am I misreading the situation?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2022 11:52 AM

May 2022
FMmatron said:
CHT13 said:

thank you because I thought I was misinterpreting it.
Sep 28, 2022 11:53 AM
Apr 2021
perfect , no more to say about it

Sep 28, 2022 12:07 PM

Jun 2020
The title describes a fact. Such a golden ending. I literally have no words for this. This feeling is too strong aahhh
Sep 28, 2022 12:10 PM

Apr 2009
Very plot convenient to see Reg in a long time and not wake him.

I really had a connection with the crew from the beginning. And then you give us an antagonist that only existence is to kill them? Their stories had an emotional impact, while Fatupa is a spoiled brat with zero likability. We should be rooting for her?
Also, her mother is basically the only reason the whole crew is alive? She could've killed them a long ago, but she needs to "eat" them. While the crew had to survive so they eat those 1 day alive babies, but she did it for revenge. What an asshole.

Voeko's transformation was gruesome just for the reason of it...

I guess the plot onwards will be "let me think of something gruesome. Now let's ignore all the characters and established world and make that gore animated"
Sep 28, 2022 12:14 PM
Aug 2022
What a perfect episode to end this beautiful and emotional journey of a season!
Thank you very much to Kinema Citrus for making yet another masterpiece of an adaptation with so much care and passion. This is truly an anime of a lifetime, and im very grateful to have experienced it. Love this anime with all my heart!
For those even remotely interested in what happens afterwards I wholeheartedly recommend the manga, cause its great lol. There are currently enough chapters to cover a volume that has yet to be animated (vol 11). Season 2 ends with chapter 60 of the manga (or vol 10). There are lots of interesting things building up to the new arc (and some heartwarming moments also!)
Cant wait until we get a season 3
Until next time –SanBuremu sosu.
Sep 28, 2022 12:27 PM
Oct 2017
10/10, MiA always hits the right spot for me.

Still, how can there be someone voting 1/10 is a mystery.
Sep 28, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
tetrix1993 said:
Pretty good episode and great season so far! Sad Faputa didn't join them in the end...

I got the impression she is joining them?

anyway this series was hard to watch at times, it was gruesome, heartbreaking but utterly compelling.

I can't think of any other anime like Made in Abyss. It's going to be a long wait for the next series. 10/10
Sep 28, 2022 12:43 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
As expected of made in abyss this season was incredible.
Truly sad that it will take at least 6~7 years for another season considering the pacing of the author to release the manga....
But one day it will come back, i believe.
Sep 28, 2022 12:47 PM

Apr 2018
The last 3 episodes were a level above everything else. Honestly, even with the 47-minutes lenght, it felt like a normal 20-minutes episode. Clearly shows how incredible the show is by grabbing your full attention. From Faputa's massacre to Riko fleeing with the rest and making their minds up to face them once again. Vueko almost getting killed by the curse and the little hollow giving herself up for her. The soundtrack that played during Vueko's dialogue when she said she couldn't forgive herself. Everything that happend in this episode was just beautiful and tragic at the same time, very tragic. But, it was a great watch. Sadly, Vueko didn't make it and Faputa is not joining the gang. Would have been useful for the next layers but it is what it is.

MIA S2 is honestly a masterpiece from animation to soundtrack, story progression, voice acting. Faputa's character design is honestly jus so beautiful and eye-catching. Everything was just so well done. Couldn't ask for more but it would be great for a third season. It's time to read the mang IG.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 28, 2022 12:50 PM
Mar 2020
Dammit Vueko why you go upstairs.. why she have to die.. she could have followed Riko and start another adventure. but i understands she doesn't desire that anymore.
Sep 28, 2022 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
Never thought a finale of MiA could be so...dull.

They really dropped the ball with this arc.
Sep 28, 2022 12:52 PM
Sep 2021
What a beautiful and tear-jerking finale. Faputa finally sides with the irUburu residents and fights for them. REally sad to see Vueko go, I loved her character and her personality, brave, courageous and wanting to find her owl light in the dark, :-(, which Belaf told her, man what a beauty Belaf was and really loving the Reg's 'Activated Artififact' mode. Man, Wazukyan was just plainly next level. Gaburoon the goat and what an interference Unit. Loved every tad bit of the anime.

Looking forwards to the next season and really looking forwards in meeting with a White Whistle. <3
Sep 28, 2022 12:59 PM

Dec 2016
I kinda feel that the show lost some of the way that it stablished back in season 1 for a more formulaic storytelling using common tropes from shonen demographic, such as long winded flashbacks in the middle of a heated battle, power ups using the power of friendship, characters that pass on in order to leave behind belongings for the protagonist, long friends that become rival/mortal enemies, and viceversa enemies that become allies.

But luckily not everything is written by the book. This second season trully managed to introduce a whole new cast that became just as endearing as the main cast. Vueko and the suicide crew were quite charming and interesting with their own afflictions and dreams of finding a place to call home. To me they were the true protagonists in this season.
Sep 28, 2022 1:05 PM

Feb 2019
Vueko deserved so much better.
Sep 28, 2022 1:07 PM
Sep 2021
Yurisu said:
Well, see ya in 2027

Nah bro don't bring the dang COVID again!
Sep 28, 2022 1:09 PM
Oct 2015
Unless I'm missing something, Riko ascending as much as Vueko did without repercussions is some incredible plot armour, even for this series.
Sep 28, 2022 1:10 PM
Aug 2017
God damn it can this show stop making my cry :c
Sep 28, 2022 1:12 PM
May 2015
Probably one of the best anime I've ever seen. This season was a masterclass.
Sep 28, 2022 1:14 PM
Jun 2017
Peak Fiction 10/10.

Made me cry.
Sep 28, 2022 1:16 PM

Nov 2014
Starting this episode with super cute Faputa scenes and then back to gore and stuff. I'd expect nothing less from MIA.
Seeing Vazukyan's death I felt sad and yet there was some relief that he won't cause any problems to Riko's team.
Speaking of her, Riko sure has balls. She really is ready to get over all of this and continue down.
Vueko's end was the most disturbing imo. It was fitting for her story to end here, but I wish she at lest went off with her humanity intact. And the cyclops girl... ugh, that hurt.

Now if Faputa really joins them then I will call that a perfect ending. I wonder what else is down below?

Illyricus said:

Also, those anime-only wondering what happens with Faputa,

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
JustAnotherShiroSep 28, 2022 1:21 PM
Sep 28, 2022 1:23 PM
Jan 2021
MIA a masterpiece fr
Sep 28, 2022 1:57 PM

Nov 2021
That was an incredible finale as I expected, and overall great season. 10/10 for me. I hope to see a sequel soon.
Sep 28, 2022 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
Just like with the final episode of the first season, this double-length episode felt shorter than it should've been, since it flawlessly kept my full attention and emotions and had me going from joy, shock and sadness so easily.

Despite how chaotic he has been, I did feel sadness for Wazukyan's death, but at the very least, he didn't have any regrets in the end.

Although it did cause Riko more pain, she was able to use her whistle for the third time and gave Reg the power boost he needed to majorly help out Faputa and the rest from the crumbling village and the rampaging monsters. The remaining villagers gave their lives up for Faputa to unleash her final attack before Reg rescued her. It was rather amusing to see Majikaja make his last move by giving himself to Faputa, which gave him control of her, so hearing his words coming from her mouth did make me smile.

The death of Vueko, though, got me tearing up. The short time that Faputa was able to communicate with Vueko was sweet, so it pained Faputa so much when Vueko breathed her very last. After burying Vueko, Reg made the offer for Faputa to join him, Riko and Nanachi on their journey. While she didn't say yes outright, she would "think about it" while smiling, so maybe she'll properly join in the future. I hope she does, as I'd think she would be a great addition to the group. =)

Overall, this second season of Made In Abyss hit the same powerful notes that the first season and the movie were able to hit. The production values, especially for the action scenes involving Faputa and Reg, have been excellent and Kevin Penkin's OST always succeed in giving me that feeling of goosebumps when his songs played during the most important scenes of this season.

It's going to be a long wait until any future seasons, but I'm sure that the wait will definitely be worth it! ^_^

9/10
Sep 28, 2022 2:03 PM
Aug 2021
Good ending of the season. Nice OST. Ready for the next one.
Sep 28, 2022 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
This is the first season I've given a 10/10. Everything about it just felt right and largely self-contained.
Sep 28, 2022 2:42 PM

Apr 2021
RIP Vueko you were unusual in the most wonderful way. Started out in a dark place and never truly left, because there was no need all along.
Sep 28, 2022 2:44 PM
Nov 2020
Awesome conclusion for the second season.
Sep 28, 2022 2:54 PM
Jul 2020
I saw 1 pixel of Bondrewd, I am satisfied.
Sep 28, 2022 2:55 PM
Feb 2018
no anime series is allowed to be this good 11/10
Sep 28, 2022 2:56 PM

Aug 2018
After practicing gravity on the piano for the past month, finally hearing it in its entirety at the very end was beyond explaining. I don't see anything toping this as my favorite season of anime. At least till 2027 when we hopefully get season 3.
Sep 28, 2022 3:13 PM
Oct 2020
10/10 series. I absolutely loved everything from the characters to the music or the visuals and the story.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

300 by owonism »»
Mar 31, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2022

206 by owonism »»
Mar 31, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

245 by Meritas »»
Mar 16, 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.