Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2022 11:20 AM

Mar 2013
Alright, movie was pretty fantastic imo, still think Sayonara no Tsubasa was the best movie ever in the franchise but Zettai Live did a pretty great job still. Lots of action, fantastic music, a Walkure medley, etc. Also I absolutely adore Max's return, and he sure lived up to the hype.

Now i'm gonna go and cry in a corner.
Sep 28, 2022 10:51 AM
Jun 2020
Moonsolol said:
Alright, movie was pretty fantastic imo, still think Sayonara no Tsubasa was the best movie ever in the franchise but Zettai Live did a pretty great job still. Lots of action, fantastic music, a Walkure medley, etc. Also I absolutely adore Max's return, and he sure lived up to the hype.

Now i'm gonna go and cry in a corner.
It was very good and the end scene was cute but rip
Sep 28, 2022 3:27 PM

Nov 2008
What a good title to look after watching the end of Edgerunners, waited for this since first movie, really loved Freyja. fml
Sep 30, 2022 4:13 AM

Oct 2013
Amazing movie, really did justice to Delta's world and characters. Now we wait for what's next!

P.S. This must be the first time in 30 years that we get so much info on Megaroad-01 related stuff.
Sep 30, 2022 3:23 PM

Sep 2015
I've given Delta a lot of crap over the past few years but this was actually really, really good and a fitting end to the Delta saga. If I had one gripe its that he villains could have probably used a bit more characterization; they felt a bit one note, but I liked the enemy music.

I'm sort of hopeful the 'Lady M' story will continue with the Frontier cast but I guess we'll see. Probably due for a new TV show someday soon as well.
Sep 30, 2022 4:54 PM

Aug 2014
I think more than anything I'm just disappointed by how ass the mecha battles in these movies looked. Frontier movies had some clunky CG but the choreography itself was generally pretty solid. These battles legitimately just made my eyes glaze over.
Oct 1, 2022 1:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I suppose that it was an ok end to an otherwise very disappointing iteration of Macross. It was hard to make something great about a weak palette of characters and thin scripts. They had to go back to old Macross lore to create any kind of gravitas. The antagonists were so meh.

Although this film was fine, Delta never was more than an advertisement for Walkure.
As a big fan of the Macross franchise I hope that this is the last of Delta and we get something else soon. And Kawamori should just hand over the reins. Satelight hasn’t had a single decent show in almost a decade
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 2, 2022 1:35 PM
Mar 2021
悪くない!

Oct 3, 2022 8:24 PM

Dec 2016
What's up with the ending? ;-; I was rooting for them since Delta series came out. Now I'm sad for saying sayonara. Such a waste of bittersweet memories :(

It's good to see Maximilian and Exsedol from the first Macross Series again. They've played an important role here.

It was an ok movie, nothing much. The darker songs are pretty enjoyable.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 15, 2022 9:01 AM
Aug 2012
It was a bittersweet ending for sure. But I also liked the closure of mirage and hayate. For me, ever since s1, their love triangle with freyja seems forced
Nov 5, 2022 6:45 PM

Sep 2009
I actually liked this movie. I never had grips with Delta (besides the love triangle being quite lackluster) so I am perfectly fine with that they gave it a good, though, bittersweet conclusion. And we got a bunch of hints for possible future Macrosses. I hope we'll get one. And I watched all Macrosses.

And I disagree that Kawamori should pass it to someone else. I know Macross Frontier TV is the most sucessfull one, but the script was a mess there. Movies that had Kawamori more involved did way better for me (I am sure a lot of people will disagree. I don't want to argue here). Kawamori is still the best when he works on Macross. And, apparently, main issues with Delta were related not to Kawamori but to producers rejecting his proposals regarding the plot.

Oh. And it's always nice to see Max again. On unrelated note, judging by the Walkure comments, he remarried Millia but they are bickering again so everybody thinks they'll divorce for the second time?
Nachtwandler_21Nov 6, 2022 9:26 AM
Dec 21, 2022 3:32 AM

Oct 2010
decent movie, they tried to tie in the plot with the past works but in the end it felt cheap, Megaroad appeared and disappeared in an instant
I'm sad Freiya died but at least it wasn't a power of lover revival
Makina's tits were as good as always
I hope they do something different next project, more focused on mecha/love triangles and fewer idols

More topics from this board

» Coming out??

sbyrstall2 - Nov 16, 2020

20 by sbyrstall2 »»
Mar 13, 9:28 AM

» Whats fckng wrong with it ?

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 23, 2023

0 by ISeeLifePeople »»
Apr 23, 2023 6:35 PM

» Full spoilers

The_Sum_of_Zero - Oct 11, 2021

10 by bluehorizon24 »»
Oct 2, 2022 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.