Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2022 8:04 AM
May 2020
Ngl, I was massively disappointed by Shoot! Goal to the Future. I was hyped to see another football/soccer anime as it’s my favourite sport and Ao Ashi was absolutely phenomenal, leaving me craving for more. However, what I found in this anime was simply horrendous: Terrible plot, annoying characters and Yaoi fanservice + a totally unrealistic depiction of the sport I love so much.

Before I watched this show I was interested in checking out the prequel Aoki Densetsu Shoot as I had heard good things about it. However, I am now highly doubting whether I should give it a try. Anyone who has seen the prequel, is it different from Goal to the Future and actually a decent sports anime or is it just more of the same Yaoi pandering bs without a real plot? Thanks for your responses!
Oct 2, 2022 11:28 PM

Apr 2010
AJ_no_Aniki said:
Ngl, I was massively disappointed by Shoot! Goal to the Future. I was hyped to see another football/soccer anime as it’s my favourite sport and Ao Ashi was absolutely phenomenal, leaving me craving for more. However, what I found in this anime was simply horrendous: Terrible plot, annoying characters and Yaoi fanservice + a totally unrealistic depiction of the sport I love so much.

Before I watched this show I was interested in checking out the prequel Aoki Densetsu Shoot as I had heard good things about it. However, I am now highly doubting whether I should give it a try. Anyone who has seen the prequel, is it different from Goal to the Future and actually a decent sports anime or is it just more of the same Yaoi pandering bs without a real plot? Thanks for your responses!

The story for Aoki Densetsu Shoot was alot better than Shoot! Goal to the Future. The focus is heavily on the main character Tanaka but he has quite alot of character development throughout the series. They aren't really comparable, after seeing Aoki Densetsu Shoot I had some hopes for this but Shoot! Goal to the Future is ridiculous. Definitely check out a few episodes of Aoki Densetsu Shoot to see if its your thing but I definitely enjoyed the series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

20 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 10, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 3, 2022

11 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 27, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.