Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2022 5:38 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
nice rotoscoping
Sep 27, 2022 5:42 PM
Aug 2018
yolotasticx said:
gwings01 said:
I rarely comment on anime or episode discussion. Just here to express my utter disgust with this anime now. Won't watch the future seasons of this anime. MC is just getting darker. He became just "momonga", not the guy who controls his character anymore. He's strong af, can defeat the guardians but still so careful with his acts, so that the guardians won't think him fit as ruler. After 4 seasons, still can't true to himself. If that's his trueself, then I'm disappointed.

The weebs here will defend Bone Daddy to death, what you just complained about the character is what makes him "special."

My main issue with the series, is that there is no struggle/suspense. All the characters introduced in the show automatically become meaningless because you know they're gonna die. I want Bone daddy to actually try.

I don't really want Bone Daddy to try anymore, I want him to die. Each episode is more predictable than a Blues Clues episode, except for the musical, that was...something. If there isn't a player in the next season for him to fight, I'm out. Too many seasons of "Momonga commits genocide".
Sep 27, 2022 5:48 PM
Aug 2017
The finale ties pieces together from previous to the current season but I'm forgetful on a lot of details. It's obvious that Renner was scheming but was there hints as to her having an aspiration to live eternally or become a demon? I can understand her willingness to betray the kingdom to save herself but I'm not sure if there was foreshadowing as to what her motives were or where these motives came from. Is she just twisted? Did she have a traumatic past that wanted her to destroy everyone around her? Is it just a weird outlet for eternal life?
Sep 27, 2022 5:50 PM
Apr 2021
SunsHeir said:
What a terribly boring end to a season.

is this how the novel end's
Sep 27, 2022 5:53 PM
Jan 2020
Wonderful ending for the season. Renner gets to finally be her true self and as a bonus gets Climb as her demon lap dog.
Sep 27, 2022 5:55 PM
Nov 2021
the whole kingdom got destroyed XDD
Sep 27, 2022 5:55 PM
Nov 2021
the whole kingdom got destroyed XDD
Sep 27, 2022 5:56 PM

May 2015
While the power of friendship might not of helped climb win, the power of evil sure allowed renner to bring him back. At the cost of a kingdom and her humanity that is! Someone definitely won! I enjoyed this season a lot and this was a great finale. Can't wait for the movie!
Sep 27, 2022 6:08 PM

Sep 2014
Finally Renner in full yandere mode display. And even singing and dancing, lol.
Next high quality yandere to collection. With Albedo makes it two. Come on Overlord, spawn them in hundreds for me, never not enough :>
Sadly not showing what happens to Climb afterwards, but it was kinda rushed ending of season, understandable.
Sep 27, 2022 6:17 PM
Feb 2017
Demiurge doing great job about foundout what Renner desire is.
I mean why you need land/money when you can become demon and live eternity with your love one without worry about sickness/dying.
Love can destroy everything.
Sep 27, 2022 6:29 PM
Dec 2017
best Isekai anime
Sep 27, 2022 6:36 PM
May 2021
Este anime e um dos melhores que já assistir
Sep 27, 2022 6:37 PM

Aug 2019
Some notes regarding this episode:
- Renner turned into an imp.
- Renner needed to gain negative karma to use the box(Seeds of the Fallen) she received from Albedo. The poison that she mentioned was the one that she used in the orphanage. And she used the sword to kill his father for this same reason.
- Renner mentioned that Climb will have a test of loyalty. This means Renner will trick him into acquiring negative karma for the demon transformation box.
- Climb was weak and couldn't talk after the resurrection because Renner requested that they only heal him minimally. She takes pleasure in seeing him being helpless and needing nursed back to health.
Sep 27, 2022 6:38 PM
Nov 2019
i have my douts BUT Reanner dancing like my fair lady demon version was epic
Sep 27, 2022 6:41 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
While what Renner did was brutal, she is quite admirable for being logical all the time, why save a helpless kingdom which prone to be doomed when she could just hand it over to much powerful force to get what she wanted :)

Also it was surprising Renner went Disney when she started singing out of the blue, I liked it~

Anyway, this is totally best anime this season, totally super enjoyable from the beginning ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 27, 2022 6:45 PM
Sep 2017
Not gonna lie.
My disappointment about this season is immeasurable.
Sep 27, 2022 6:48 PM
Jan 2016
le falto sangre aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sep 27, 2022 6:57 PM
Jul 2013
Le faltó más. No me gustó el final donde simplemente gana sin ninguna pelea épica. Siempre el ganador de todo. Como si todo ya estuviera definido.
Sep 27, 2022 7:19 PM
Dec 2015
Ainz speech Renners dance and ending. Cant wait for season 5
Sep 27, 2022 7:21 PM
Sep 2020
Probably the best conclusion to a season I've seen. Ainz sitting on top of a throne of rubble surrounded by ruins was absolutely chilling. Renner solidified herself as an S-tier character with the pay-off in this episode. Probably the coolest thing to see. I really enjoyed the season and this was a great ending.
Sep 27, 2022 7:27 PM
Sep 2021
One of the best episode. Still got goosebumps in Renner Scene.
Sep 27, 2022 7:44 PM
Jan 2018
I really liked the song and dance Renner put on. That was completely anime original, and it really played to the strengths of a visual medium. Could've done without the flashbacks but I guess they had to pad out the runtime somehow. Anyway, great end to the best season yet! Can't wait for the movie!
SicarexSep 27, 2022 7:53 PM
Sep 27, 2022 7:51 PM
Jan 2017
SunsHeir said:
What a terribly boring end to a season.

yeahh im kind a little agree with you, no action, importtan part didnt show up, its hollow feeling at the ending
Sep 27, 2022 7:57 PM

Apr 2014
Loved this season's finale and the despair in Climbs eyes when he saw his beloved princess Renner as a demon. Renner sacrificed her family and the whole kingdom just to be forever with her beloved Climb and played as a victim till the very end, so Climb would agree to become a demon for her too. The real cherry on top was her amazing twisted song and dance.

Sicarex said:
I really liked the song and dance Renner put on. That was completely anime original, and it really played to the strengths of a visual medium. Could've done without the flashbacks but I guess they had to pad out the runtime somehow. Anyway, great end to the best season yet! Can't wait for the movie!
Madhouse really put the MAD in the HOUSE with this ending.
MaouNemesisSep 27, 2022 8:01 PM
Sep 27, 2022 8:00 PM

Jul 2015
Schdawn said:
Climb: How did it all come to this?

Will any kind soul tell him that it all happened because the princess wanted his d ?
for all eternity too
Sep 27, 2022 8:04 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
Really enjoyed this episode. I was never too fond of Climb but I actually felt bad for him this time. Also, Ainz sitting on the rubble of the destroyed city was cool as well.
Sep 27, 2022 8:20 PM
Nov 2016
Some of the post and comments that I have been to reminds me of Season 3 Episode 7 and 8 about that theives going inside Nazarick, and people just complain how dark and evil Ainz is.

It was just a short build up for Arche's party to be defeated by Ainz and Arche being tortured by Shalltear. More riot after some people explained to what happens to the twins that Arche left.

Momonga knows Nazaricks NPC and he wants to make sure he can meet their best interest thats why he will do those stuff.
Sep 27, 2022 8:34 PM
Jan 2020
Hauntingly beautiful episode. Definitely one of the best in the series and can't wait to read volumes 10-14 at some point to get the full picture.

Rip Ramposa and the old monk.
Felt sorry for Climb and shocked at how deviously intelligent Renner was with her plan which traces all the way back into season two.

Again this is one of the cases where I actually don't agree with what Nazarick was doing but at the end of the day we are following their story.

See y'all when the movie comes. I'd suggest reading it like I will do eventually cuz they are two huge volumes that will be crammed into a likely 2 hour movie. Keep in mind that also, the movie takes place before episode 8 of this season.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Sep 27, 2022 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
Damn what a crazy conclusion not only to this season, but also to the mastermind Renner and her finally fully revealed plan for the former Re-Estize Kingdom she had in mind from season 1 on.

Well you should never refuse such a merciful offer like Aura gave at the beginning. Otherwise your head will just make a splat sound lol.

Sending Climb away on a "mission" to hide all the things which represent the Re-Estize king was brilliant. Thus Renner got enough time to prepare for her act. Kudos to Climb for attacking Ainz directly even with knowing what he's capable of. Not sure how other people feel about this, but I personally really like Renner's design as a demon. Renner can't be sad about the fact that she had to turn into a demon (pun detected) to show her allegiance to Ainz in exchange for Climb's resurrection. Climb also consented to become a demon, so in the end everything worked out perfectly for Renner. Climb is definitely a lucky mf.

The moment when Philip touched Albedo in episode 2, I was waiting for her getting revenge on him. I mean, you can't be such a stupid individual and expect to live in the world of Overlord :D

Ainz just sitting on top of all that rubble while being the surrounded by the remains of the Re-Estize kingdom gave me chills.

Overall a solid season with the typical Overlord humor, some decent fight scenes and of course lots of very interesting dialogues. Can't wait for the next season/movie.

Sep 27, 2022 8:50 PM
Jul 2019
Não é culpa do episodio em si, mas o ritmo da narrativa esta em um ambiente mais politico e menos ativo. Mas os episódios no geral estão todos ótimos e incríveis.
Sep 27, 2022 9:03 PM
Sep 2020
The song that Renner sang was beautiful, anybody knows the song name or if the singer will post on some platform?
Sep 27, 2022 9:07 PM

Jun 2014
I dont know why but overlord is one of the best animes for me. This season also delivered quite well but I dont have the patience for a season 5 im gonna read the novels.
Recommended --> Bleach/Claymore/Overlord/Death Note/Steins Gate
Sep 27, 2022 9:07 PM
Jan 2017
Hanus said:
I dont understand why they destroy whole kingdom

why do you asking this such of question? you didnt watch the previous eps? i thought everything has clear explanation
Sep 27, 2022 9:17 PM
Jan 2017
Maitreosa said:
Is it because I stopped watching anime since 2017 (previously I was a very big consumer)? Is it because Overlord has been going on for so long that I've grown tired of it? The first season had surprised me very pleasantly and although the next two were not perfect, I had a great time on some episodes.

On the other hand, this season 4 will have left me with a bitter aftertaste at each episode. Episodes without much action. Others that look like filers (I think of the whole passage with the dwarves: for what purpose?). In the end, without really understanding, the MC Ainz turned into a villain.

Except that my problem with the series is there: I'm tired of the omnipotence of Ainz and all his army (the Guardians and even the monsters). The impression that all living beings are as powerful as blades of grass. I have nothing against an imbalance of power (I rather liked the anime "Gate"), but here, it borders on the ridiculous. This episode was rather gory and bloody, but without interest. Characters die without me having the time and opportunity to get attached to them. And I lose all empathy for Ainz & Co. They are not even funny anymore. The beginning of the episode with the kid who gives herself courage before slaughtering the innocent civilians of the Kingdom. The contrast is fun, but it loses its charm. No doubt the current political context is at play.

In the end, it is as if the anime had been written by a depressed child.
Plus all the flaws of the anime itself.

In the end, it is really just an advertisement pushed to its limits, for the Light Novel. It's not the first nor the last to be an ad in disguise, but I've seen better adaptation.

If you tired already why dont stop and looking for the better wholesome anime,,
from the second season you must know this anime is not anime with that such heroic plot or something,, this anime full of darkness, blood, killing and everything different than shonnen isekai anime that make a MC as good protagonis, thats why i like it,,

i agree that maruyama want to show people something different story that tell people life is not always good and shining after transfered into isekai, hope without power is useless,, its feel cruel realistic for me,,
Sep 27, 2022 9:31 PM
Jan 2018
Demon Renner....
Damn that's nice 🔥
Sep 27, 2022 9:32 PM
Jan 2017
Arthurios said:
I think Ainz's doesn't want to make fear, only. He wants the world's attention. And, perharps, find other players. Remember, Overlord is happening inside a game.

actually its not true man, its not game its isekai called new world using game system to make rule on it,, the world condition is much different from it was YDGGRASSIL game and Ains clearly say that,, that a some theory that told a Dragon Lord who love power and using a WIld magic to summon player and the world class item and other to new world its happen once every few hundred year, for example the previeous player who came to new world like 6 Great God, 8 Greed king and other
Sep 27, 2022 10:02 PM
Jun 2019
Wow, Renner deserves an Oscar for her acting. She fooled everyone and sold out her kingdom just for some fetish dream. Poor Climb too. He's way too pure for his own good.

Mare hyping himself to slaughter people wa pretty funny xd.

Ainz knows his Shonen tropes lol
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Sep 27, 2022 10:12 PM

Nov 2016
i forget why is the princess doing what shes doing
Sep 27, 2022 10:43 PM

Nov 2018
SummitOPOP said:
RedCobra75 said:
the flash back really really unnecesary.

Of course not many people didint get it

The problem with the flashback sequence was that it wasn't particularly necessary for people who were paying attention, and it also didn't explicitly connect the dots well enough for people who weren't paying attention...so between that and the random song, a lot of time was spent that could have been put to more meaningful use.
Sep 27, 2022 11:06 PM

Sep 2015
YES! THIS IS WHAT'S UP! Finally, God I need to get and read the novels by YESTERDAY!

SASUGA SORCERER KING AINZ-SAMA!
The Armored Architect Vampire Archivist Lawful Chronomancer Evoker Paladin Collector Arbiter Ranger.

Sep 27, 2022 11:16 PM
Jun 2021
it's really good that i can finally see the princess true face :)
Sep 27, 2022 11:20 PM
Nov 2021
Honestly this episode might be the best of the season. For some reason I like the princess more as a demon. I wish her knight had shown more hesitation on becoming a demon, but tbf he was brought back from the dead. Kind of expected him to be brought back as some type of undead that could not reject any of the princess' wishes and therefore would always be trapped with her even after learning of her true character.
Sep 27, 2022 11:28 PM
Oct 2019
God, I love Renner, really encapsulates how being a demon is all about the attitude, not the species.
Sep 27, 2022 11:37 PM
Feb 2016
Overall a solid final episode for a comparably good season. The only thing I was dissapointed with was the Philipp scene. I don't know if it was cut short due to time constraints or because original novel content was considered too gruesome. In any case Philipps end was a bit underwhelming.
On an unrelated note: Good for Albedo. She finally found someone likeminded for love talk *Ainz and Climb shuddering in tune*
Sep 28, 2022 12:21 AM
Nov 2021
Really enjoyed this last episode it had me surprised
Sep 28, 2022 12:26 AM

Mar 2015
Went in season 1 loving this anime, now I am close to hating it. Almost zero action and weak build up. The mechs are my only hope for an interesting turn around..even though I'm sure they will lose, they were interesting. Watching a 90 year old grandpa get his head blown off is supposed to add to this as a SEASON FINALE? A weak boy getting destroyed 1v1 against the Almighty Ains as THE FINAL BATTLE?! COME ON really?? Urrgh, my disappointment knows no measurement. I need to cool off.
Raven_WingzSep 28, 2022 12:30 AM
Sep 28, 2022 12:55 AM
Jan 2021
A perfect ending!
Sep 28, 2022 1:11 AM
Jul 2012
This series is taking itself too seriously, and fails miserably to see how cringy it is. Combined with the rushing of this season compared to the original material and this season was really a recipe for disaster.

Vertigo/3vIcT/Kratos147/Sakuranomori/V0xy
Sep 28, 2022 1:25 AM

Dec 2008
Nearly a classic Fantasy ending but everything reversed to horror genre and very twisted lol.
From Princess Renner to Imp Renner, the new dress suits her better, he even has her beloved one around.

I always hate this, the insert song was translated but not the dialog between Ainz and Demiruge.

This season compared to others was quite nice, I liked how the story was directed and the voice acting was excellent.

The floor guardians had some great moments, Shalltear, Mare, Aura, Albedo, Pandora actor. Some interaction with Ainz was really heartwarming.
On the other hand I think Ainz plan was unnecessary cruel, it was like watching Hitler winning in the last quarter.
A lot actually happened so the season felt longer than 13 episodes, which was nice.

I bet next season Ainz will pay dearly for what he did
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2022 1:31 AM
Jul 2022
Became Disney princesses
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2022

203 by sharosharo »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

178 by sharosharo »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

150 by sharosharo »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2022

95 by sharosharo »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2022

134 by sharosharo »»
11 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.