Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Orient
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
So the final battle of this season....

They gave Musashi quite a bit of a power boost and Michiru gave him the hope all this time. However, finale felt underwhelming imo. I am glad everyone survived that in the end but it still felt underwhelming.

However, I must say that Michiru has really gotten close with Musashi this season including the finale.
Sep 26, 2022 10:07 AM

Apr 2020
A huge improvement over the 1st season.
Still a basic shounen though. 7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 26, 2022 10:27 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Musashi is now wielding the power of the obsidian goddess of his own will now.
His hair is gold!
He loses his arm but deflects his enemy's attack with just one finger and gathers everyones power in there.
That punch was insanely powerful! Seems Musashi has golden blade energy.
Musashi remembers Michiru asking him to destroy the black stone in her father so she can be set free.
But before he does, Michiru wants to speak to him.
He tells her that they both share the same dream of being a superior being but Michiru told him she just wanted him to hold her hand like a father.
He doesn't understand this though...
Musashi goes to break the stone but then Michiru tells him if it is destroyed her real body also will be destroyed!
Michiru's father tells her that she will survive if the stone is destroyed however and it is only him who will die...
'I hate you.'
Michiru tells her father everything she dislikes about him but then says he is still her father.
I'm not sure why she still cares about him at all to be honest.
Then her father starts to see Michiru as she really is and she says goodbye to him.
Musashi then returns with her and the situation is finally resolved!
Michuru was detained but Musashi made sure she wasn't in a cell.
Kanetatsu was funny when drunk xD.
There is some news on Kojiro's father also! Seems he once had an alliance with the Uesugi.
But the fact his signature was on that important piece of paper, it seems he must be someone important.
The Uesugi leader says he can ask the other 5 generals for more information.
And he wants Musashi to drink the more of the goddesse's blood which the 5 genera;s have a share of.
But Musashi wanted Kojiro's father to be researched as one condition for it.
He goes around the town with Michiru to watch a play and have fun together!
It was nice to see her being happy!
Seems his other condition was for Michiru to be free.
The Shimazu also are free and an independent band now.
Seems Musashi was offered to be in the Ueusugi band and Tatsuomi band but he refused as he is with Kojiro and Tsumugi already-the Kanemaki band!
Musashi gifts Michiru her kitetsu blade.
'Thank you, Musashi.'
Michiru says farewell. I really hoped this wouldn't happen...
Though Musashi is sad, he accepts it and she explodes into light...
Leaving only her kitetsu blade behind.

RIP Michiru. I hope you had a great, fun day with Musashi.

I loved this season of Orient and I hope the anime adaptation will boost the manga sales (which are pretty poor and have been dropping unfortunately).
I hope we get another season!
Rem4lifexDSep 26, 2022 10:33 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 26, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
The Obsidian Goddess has been called upon by Musashi to lend her power and defeat Yataro, which even without a Kitetsu Blade, Musashi's already powerful on his own.

But for Michiru to try and engage with her father for one last time, she's walking on a tight rope that Yataro will not let her go, and it's her decision to choose whether her black stone will be saved or destroyed, determining her survival. Despite how much he has changed no thanks to the fuse with the Kishin, he is still Michiru's father, and for the very first time, she is able to talk to him and break the curse altogether.

The Awaji Island liberation arc is over, and everyone can celebrate heartily. As for Kojiro seeking answers, Tatsuomi could only reveal that his dad came from the Uesugi Bushi and not much information thereafter. As for Musashi, his Obsidian Goddess power is essential to the Bushi in helping to bring down the Obsidian Eight, which he gladly took the high risk. And also, the Kanemaki Band is finally recognized, so that's a start for a trio.

As for Michiru, with the special permission granted because she doesn't have long to live, both her and Musashi enjoy their final moments together before fusing back into her own Kitetsu Blade. It's not the end for the Bushi, and Musashi has a long way to go ahead of him of the Obsidian Eight.

Even another 12 episodes can't save the fact that Orient is just a subpar Shonen at best.
Sep 26, 2022 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
Musashi and Michiru don't even hide anymore that they love each other. Michiru is gone, am I sad? Yes, but also at the same time, I'm glad, because Musashi can be single again, or go out with Kojiro.

Uesugi vice captain Naoe look like a shota character type but he already has a wife? His wife runaway though. But what about Uesugi himself? If his wife runaway because his right arm is gone then I can replace his wife, I can even do all kind of thing for him that his right arm used to do too! For example... holding a sword!

Everyone get big rewards, congrats to them, they're all deserve big rewards. Kanemaki, a 3 members bushidan get recognized by bushi peers is very touching. Still no words on Kojiro's dad, but they're closer to the truth.

But when that green hair captain get kidnap, no, NO!!!!! He deserve to rest, and now he's gonna get brainwashed into a villain, he doesn't deserve this cruel fate, NO!

Can I get a sequel announcement please!
Sep 26, 2022 10:39 AM
Sep 2021
Good ending of the season, more to come, sad for Michiru.

I give it 6/10.
Sep 26, 2022 10:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Michiru and Musashi even had a date together but in the end she really had to disappear :(
Sep 26, 2022 10:49 AM
Mar 2021
Good finale Ep , Farewell Michiru , and looks like Katsumi is kidnapped sad to see him like that
looking forward to sequel if it's gets!!
Sep 26, 2022 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby little gods you pray too. What a bittersweet close to this season. I suffered a full on three phase assault. Saving, Tranquil, Cease to exist. Damn them feels. Epic story and eps, I demand more!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 26, 2022 12:20 PM
Sep 2022
Loved this last episode story wise as for the future it really now sets the standard for what musashi can do in the series and shows the growth he has had from since episode 1 of the original series. Going from a inexperience and naive character into a stronger yet understanding and has some level of combat experience, it might not be enough right now but it definitely is a start on his character. I hope shinobu otaka continues to build upon her characters like she has here in the future of both the anime and manga. As for lore, it makes me wonder what the obsidian goddess means by "get stronger in order to reach me here" kinda gives me the magi vibes in what happens in the manga, it would be a cool aspect to see how oni are born/sent to earth and what not later on in the series imo.
Sep 26, 2022 1:18 PM
Feb 2019
i felt confused because the passing wanst very good sometimes is too fast and sometimes is too slow web got the hype of the last EP but they have to know that se wait 1 week for a ep so the fellings pass out but on general i liked the anime
Sep 26, 2022 1:22 PM

Aug 2018
there's improvement over the first season but still it's a dumpster fire. 3/10
Sep 26, 2022 2:32 PM

Feb 2021
THUNDER_4869 said:
Good finale Ep , Farewell Michiru , and looks like Katsumi is kidnapped sad to see him like that
looking forward to sequel if it's gets!!

Me too!
phantomfandom said:
Musashi and Michiru don't even hide anymore that they love each other. Michiru is gone, am I sad? Yes, but also at the same time, I'm glad, because Musashi can be single again, or go out with Kojiro.

Uesugi vice captain Naoe look like a shota character type but he already has a wife? His wife runaway though. But what about Uesugi himself? If his wife runaway because his right arm is gone then I can replace his wife, I can even do all kind of thing for him that his right arm used to do too! For example... holding a sword!

Everyone get big rewards, congrats to them, they're all deserve big rewards. Kanemaki, a 3 members bushidan get recognized by bushi peers is very touching. Still no words on Kojiro's dad, but they're closer to the truth.

But when that green hair captain get kidnap, no, NO!!!!! He deserve to rest, and now he's gonna get brainwashed into a villain, he doesn't deserve this cruel fate, NO!

Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! Musashi is now wielding the power of the obsidian goddess of his own will now.
His hair is gold!
He loses his arm but deflects his enemy's attack with just one finger and gathers everyones power in there.
That punch was insanely powerful! Seems Musashi has golden blade energy.
Musashi remembers Michiru asking him to destroy the black stone in her father so she can be set free.
But before he does, Michiru wants to speak to him.
He tells her that they both share the same dream of being a superior being but Michiru told him she just wanted him to hold her hand like a father.
He doesn't understand this though...
Musashi goes to break the stone but then Michiru tells him if it is destroyed her real body also will be destroyed!
Michiru's father tells her that she will survive if the stone is destroyed however and it is only him who will die...
'I hate you.'
Michiru tells her father everything she dislikes about him but then says he is still her father.
I'm not sure why she still cares about him at all to be honest.
Then her father starts to see Michiru as she really is and she says goodbye to him.
Musashi then returns with her and the situation is finally resolved!
Michuru was detained but Musashi made sure she wasn't in a cell.
Kanetatsu was funny when drunk xD.
There is some news on Kojiro's father also! Seems he once had an alliance with the Uesugi.
But the fact his signature was on that important piece of paper, it seems he must be someone important.
The Uesugi leader says he can ask the other 5 generals for more information.
And he wants Musashi to drink the more of the goddesse's blood which the 5 genera;s have a share of.
But Musashi wanted Kojiro's father to be researched as one condition for it.
He goes around the town with Michiru to watch a play and have fun together!
It was nice to see her being happy!
Seems his other condition was for Michiru to be free.
The Shimazu also are free and an independent band now.
Seems Musashi was offered to be in the Ueusugi band and Tatsuomi band but he refused as he is with Kojiro and Tsumugi already-the Kanemaki band!
Musashi gifts Michiru her kitetsu blade.
'Thank you, Musashi.'
Michiru says farewell. I really hoped this wouldn't happen...
Though Musashi is sad, he accepts it and she explodes into light...
Leaving only her kitetsu blade behind.

RIP Michiru. I hope you had a great, fun day with Musashi.

I loved this season of Orient and I hope the anime adaptation will boost the manga sales (which are pretty poor and have been dropping unfortunately).
I hope we get another season!

We all hope for the next season announcement! Hope it will be soon! I like this series so much!
Sep 26, 2022 2:58 PM
Jan 2022
phantomfandom said:

Not enough material, the latest chapter is only 20+ chapters away from the end of Awajishima.
Sep 26, 2022 3:54 PM
Oct 2020
Muito bom o final.
Estou no nível em mal-badges. Veja meus emblemas.
Sep 26, 2022 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
Sad to see it end. I liked MIchiru a lot but...RIP...man that ending left it VERy open ended. Either for us to read the manga or Hold out hope for a 3rd season.

Fun anime would love more.

7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 26, 2022 4:41 PM

Sep 2018
Unbelievably cliche and lacks a lot of weight in it's story, though slightly better than the first season. Still a 5/10.
Sep 26, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2015
rushed af, bad animation and censored, this deserved an adaptation like magi, the manga is good.

2/10
Sep 26, 2022 7:00 PM
Jun 2017
love that final episode....
Sep 26, 2022 7:27 PM
Jan 2018
They really hit us with the Nia approach? I thought anime stopped torturing MCs like that. It's not 2007 anymore.

The Orient manga readers whose comments I read said the manga is subpar and not much better than the anime. I disagree. This anime is definitely worse than the manga. And the manga isn't even that great.

I guess every Shonen can't be a winner. I would still put this show over Tokyo Revengers tho.

6 out of 10. Just entertaining enough not to drop.
Sep 26, 2022 10:01 PM

Jul 2021
They went all out with animation for this episode.

The Michiru and Mushashi date was so great, I really wanted to see that. It was great to see both of them have so much fun, best part was admitting they like each other without the cliche embarassment and blush fest.

This episode was such a rollercoaster. First they say that Michiru will be destroyed when that stone is destroyed but then say she won't coz she's half human and I was relieved but then the lord says she doesn't have much time left anyway and I was like 😶. The smile I had from watching them enjoy their date vanished real quick. That was not fair bruh, Michiru didn't deserve to die :(

New goals have been found now. Mushashi now needs to drink the reamaining blood of goddess and unlock one power at a time to fully master the obsidian goddess's power to defeat the remaining eight enemies.

It was a happy ending for everyone else though. Shimazu got their own castle and stuff, good for them.

But I'm not able to recognise but did they take the spectacled green haired dude? If that's the case then it's not good bro.

This was a surprisingly good part 2. Had very low expectations after watching part 1 but I genuinely enjoyed every episode of part 2. It was great. 8/10 overall. Hoping a sequel is announced soon.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 27, 2022 1:08 AM

Oct 2014
It's really a shame how they handled the awards ceremony, that was one of my favourite parts of the manga in terms of recognition for the characters and world building for the future. Just skipping it and throwing the important details into Michiro and Musashi's date didn't do it justice.

A lot at the end was rushed but that part especially really shouldn't have been. I did actually like how they presented Katsumi getting kidnapped to replace Yataro in the Obsidian Eight in a few seconds with the ending song playing in the background. That was pretty nice. Overall the adaptation of the 2nd season was pretty good it's just a shame they rushed the post-battle world building which was so good in the Manga. Definitely a massive upgrade on season 1 where they constantly replayed the same flashback of Kojiro and Musashi as kids to fill time xD
Sep 27, 2022 3:35 AM

Sep 2020
This season was definitely better than the last one. The ending was decent, and while I did expect a bit more to the fight, it makes sense how it played out. Although it was a bit late for the old geezer to realize that he ain't part of Michiru, I started to feel bad when they had to part like that. Was kinda weird seeing Musashi already know that Michiru doesn't have much time left and how he didn't react that way.
Sep 27, 2022 4:38 AM

Dec 2020
not rly into that sudden sob story for the asshole of a dad but whatever. it was a nice ending ep, i wonder how michiru and musashi are gonna meet again
Sep 27, 2022 8:08 AM

Feb 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
They went all out with animation for this episode.

The Michiru and Mushashi date was so great, I really wanted to see that. It was great to see both of them have so much fun, best part was admitting they like each other without the cliche embarassment and blush fest.

This episode was such a rollercoaster. First they say that Michiru will be destroyed when that stone is destroyed but then say she won't coz she's half human and I was relieved but then the lord says she doesn't have much time left anyway and I was like 😶. The smile I had from watching them enjoy their date vanished real quick. That was not fair bruh, Michiru didn't deserve to die :(

New goals have been found now. Mushashi now needs to drink the reamaining blood of goddess and unlock one power at a time to fully master the obsidian goddess's power to defeat the remaining eight enemies.

It was a happy ending for everyone else though. Shimazu got their own castle and stuff, good for them.

But I'm not able to recognise but did they take the spectacled green haired dude? If that's the case then it's not good bro.

This was a surprisingly good part 2. Had very low expectations after watching part 1 but I genuinely enjoyed every episode of part 2. It was great. 8/10 overall. Hoping a sequel is announced soon.

I hope so too!
lizzziziz said:
not rly into that sudden sob story for the asshole of a dad but whatever. it was a nice ending ep, i wonder how michiru and musashi are gonna meet again

I also wonder. Her death was so tragic. She didn't deserve it. Poor girl.
Sep 27, 2022 12:19 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Musashi goes super saiyan sage mode from the Obsidian Goddess powers to beat Michiru's Dad. Speaking of Michiru I was never really a fan when she was introduced in Part 1 because as it was revealed in Part 2 she was just a doll with no real personality of her own since she was artificially created by her father so I didn't really care about her tragic backstory. I don't understand the forced romance between Musashi and Michiru only for it to end in a bittersweet way. I feel bad for Musashi, but it was his fault for falling in love with a doll, they always break(no pun intended). Michiru fading away was probably for the best because she took way too much screen time from Tsumugi who is the main female lead. Part 2 was slightly better than Part 1, but it was still a bland shonen battle anime at the end of the day which is a shame because I really like the concept of Sengoku warriors fighting kishin with special powers from their blades, but it wasn't executed properly in terms of characters with Musashi being your typical run of the mill protagonist. If it does get a second season which I highly doubt since its not really popular I probably wouldn't watch it.

6/10
Sep 27, 2022 5:15 PM
Dec 2021
I hope this doesn’t become like Magi or Seraph of the End and become forgotten. This show really has potential and has shown so much improvement. I’d be hyped for a new season!
Sep 27, 2022 5:54 PM

May 2009
This season was also awful but final episode was passable.
cicigg100 said:
I hope this doesn’t become like Magi or Seraph of the End and become forgotten. This show really has potential and has shown so much improvement. I’d be hyped for a new season!

Orient manga is forgotten, Magi is fondly remembered. Seraph has manga chapters on mangaplus and it overstay it's welcome.
Sep 27, 2022 9:23 PM
Dec 2021
I love how Musashi became overpowered in the end. Poor Michiru, though. Looking forward for season 3!
Sep 28, 2022 1:29 AM

Mar 2022
Well, this was improvement in almost everything over the first part. Still, average shonen. The highest I can go is 5/10.
Sep 28, 2022 9:53 AM

Jan 2021
what did i just watch??...
Roxy

Sep 28, 2022 9:10 PM
Sep 2020
Lovely but too sad in the end
Sep 29, 2022 2:32 AM

May 2021
The final scene with Michiru was really, really splendid. I so hope she can stay :(((

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Sep 30, 2022 11:04 AM
Nov 2021
I'm surprised this show doesn't have more love, it's got a ton of unique and interesting characters hell the MC wasn't even a big part of this second half.

lots of closure for the most part so if there is no renewal I'd be satisfied.

I mean it looks like what the bad guys took the green guy leader to convert him??? hey we destroyed your homeland come join us.. hmmmm unlikely.
Sep 30, 2022 11:40 PM
Jul 2017
Michiru...
I was hoping some way she would be spared but...
Oct 3, 2022 2:21 AM
Jan 2020
This is actually at least better than most Shounen's out there, like, this is really just an horrendous adaptation. Like just adapting 100+ chapters in 12 episodes kind of horrendous.

That scene with Michiru looked pretty good tho
Oct 5, 2022 8:44 AM

Jul 2015
I do wish Kojiro and Tsugomo had some more screentime but at least Michiru was handled in a bittersweet way. Overall bit of improvement over s1 but still quite the mediocre shounen.

Oct 5, 2022 6:21 PM
Sep 2022
Reapermask said:
I do wish Kojiro and Tsugomo had some more screentime but at least Michiru was handled in a bittersweet way. Overall bit of improvement over s1 but still quite the mediocre shounen.
I reccomend reading the manga as kojiro and musashi are seemingly the main focus of the current arc where as i believe that tsugumi will get her time when we get to the tokugawa bushi band due to a manga statement.
Oct 18, 2022 10:48 PM

Mar 2013
They killed off Michiru, my very best girl (potential best waifu). What a tragic ending.
Animation and storytelling until the end was mediocre unlike Magi. As always, it could've been better.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 26, 2023 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
The show was bad. The art and animation were so poorly done. The story was interesting but it was so nonsensical. The OP villians with absurd powers that defy all logic, fights that barely last 1 min(which makes sense considering those low quality action scenes), characters needlessly waste time talking throughout entire episodes and protagonist who barely did anything throughout the entire show made the it difficult to watch. The second season was slightly better because it had more interesting characters but this led to Kojiro and Tsugumi becoming side characters. Overall, it was a waste of time.
Mar 1, 2023 9:56 PM

Oct 2008
Well... It was a nice ride, but how to end it if not by using an ending of an epic series? AoT got Lelouch-ed and this one got Lagann-ed!

A really good adaptation of the Lagann... Sorry, the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ending (this anime is his own niche of epicness and needs to be addressed as it, by his full name). But despite that, I think it was not used well... It should have a little more meaning by getting their relationship more deep and devoted to each other, and then part their ways with a deep goodbye. Obviously, this could only happen after the defeat of all the onis and bad guys (including, the big black ruler-of-all monster), but that would need, by this pace, a season 6 or 7, and it seems that not even a season 3 could be done, much less the full story. With that in mind, they made an easy-fix bandage, glued the leftovers, and made a reminder that this didn't end (you will probably never see it again, but they will continue with or without you reading stuff).

In the end, was good enough to make me hooked for 12 eps in a row to see what will happen, but at the same time, it was nothing that special. A somewhat 7/10, with a little side-note, that this probably hasn't any rewatching value.
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
May 17, 2023 11:08 AM

Feb 2020
Overall, fun anime (but definitely not as good as magi). Watched a new battle shonen after a long time, it did hit. There were places where it was half baked or poorly crafted character moments but overall worth it. 
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 10, 2023 9:42 AM
May 2023
Un cierre bastante triste y lindo, es un anime que esta bien para ver (no es gran cosa pero no es malo) tiene una buena historia (aunque todavia falta), PJs (algunos mas que otros) y desarrollo. Los onis a mi gusto estan muy abandonados pudieron hacerlos mas utiles...los que brillaron bastante son los de obsidiana asi que entre todo estuvo bien.
Dec 6, 2023 6:51 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Though this anime will totally happy ending but michiru is dead damned, ruin my day

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2022

21 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2022

17 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:14 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2022

11 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2022

17 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 9, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Orient: Awajishima Gekitou-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2022

15 by ionelHeredia »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.