Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 26, 9:19 AM
#1
News Team
Scrap Immortal

Offline
Jul 2020
199
Publisher Shueisha opened an official website for the television anime adaptation of Mitsuru Kido's Kawaisugi Crisis (Too Cute Crisis) manga on Tuesday, revealing a key visual (pictured). The anime series will be produced by studio SynergySP and is set to broadcast in 2023.

Kido began serializing the sci-fi comedy manga in the Jump SQ. magazine in October 2019. Shueisha published the fifth volume on April 4 and scheduled the sixth volume for an October 4 release.

Synopsis
Liza Luna is an alien who wants to destroy Earth upon her first look. But the planet has a plethora of good things, and it would be a pity for her not to check it out. Thus, Earth is spared from destruction, and the alien starts to wander around places. Soon, Liza ends up in a cat cafe, where she will encounter creatures that are beyond her understanding.

Official site: https://kawaisugi.com/
Official Twitter: @kawaisugicrisis

Source: Moca News

Kawaisugi Crisis on MAL
Hyperion_PSNov 3, 9:00 AM
no
Sep 26, 9:29 AM
#2

Offline
Apr 2012
12905
Do the Japanese have some kind of fetish for fantasy creatures who want to destroy or take over the world and end up falling in love with people because of Japanese culture?
Sep 26, 11:02 AM
#3

Offline
Feb 2021
3513
Looks similar to A Herbivorous Dragon of 5,000 Years Gets Unfairly Villainized and Doomsday with my Dog.
Sep 26, 1:48 PM
#4

Offline
May 2010
589
RobertBobert said:
Do the Japanese have some kind of fetish for fantasy creatures who want to destroy or take over the world and end up falling in love with people because of Japanese culture?


These are all just stories about aliens falling in love with Earth culture in general, they only revolve around Japanese because the authors are Japanese and are obviously more familiar with their own culture enough to portray it; American authors would do the same with American culture, Korean authors the same with Korean culture, etc. The general trope is just falling in love with some mundane earthly thing like video games, pudding, or cat cafés.
Hello can you please watch Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
Sep 26, 1:50 PM
#5

Offline
Apr 2012
12905
Seechomes said:
RobertBobert said:
Do the Japanese have some kind of fetish for fantasy creatures who want to destroy or take over the world and end up falling in love with people because of Japanese culture?


These are all just stories about aliens falling in love with Earth culture in general, they only revolve around Japanese because the authors are Japanese and are obviously more familiar with their own culture enough to portray it; American authors would do the same with American culture, Korean authors the same with Korean culture, etc. The general trope is just falling in love with some mundane earthly thing like video games, pudding, or cat cafés.


Well, I don't really remember the stories about how aliens changed their minds about taking over the Earth because of the love of baseball, McDonald's and Hollywood movies.
Sep 26, 2:21 PM
#6

Offline
May 2010
589
RobertBobert said:
Seechomes said:


These are all just stories about aliens falling in love with Earth culture in general, they only revolve around Japanese because the authors are Japanese and are obviously more familiar with their own culture enough to portray it; American authors would do the same with American culture, Korean authors the same with Korean culture, etc. The general trope is just falling in love with some mundane earthly thing like video games, pudding, or cat cafés.


Well, I don't really remember the stories about how aliens changed their minds about taking over the Earth because of the love of baseball, McDonald's and Hollywood movies.


Damn I was sure there must be some, but can't think of any either; American aliens are either forever evil and only thwarted by force, or friendly from the beginning and just kinda learn to like chipotle and Jeopardy.
I still like the way it's portrayed in Japanese media though! Even if it is overused (doesn't feel so to me but apparently still is).
Hello can you please watch Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
Sep 26, 2:31 PM
#7

Offline
Apr 2012
12905
Seechomes said:
RobertBobert said:


Well, I don't really remember the stories about how aliens changed their minds about taking over the Earth because of the love of baseball, McDonald's and Hollywood movies.


Damn I was sure there must be some, but can't think of any either; American aliens are either forever evil and only thwarted by force, or friendly from the beginning and just kinda learn to like chipotle and Jeopardy.
I still like the way it's portrayed in Japanese media though! Even if it is overused (doesn't feel so to me but apparently still is).


Well, in the US media, it basically falls into the "Earth takeover always starts with the US" stereotype. However, Japan also has its own version of this, "it's always Tokyo." Some anime even make direct reference to it.
Sep 26, 5:35 PM
#8

Offline
Jan 2016
356
Memore said:
Looks similar to A Herbivorous Dragon of 5,000 Years Gets Unfairly Villainized and Doomsday with my Dog.
Jesus, that title sounds like AI made it





"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Sep 27, 2:10 AM
#9

Offline
Oct 2017
16297
Seems like a fluffy anime.
Sep 29, 12:17 PM

Offline
Dec 2017
24537
cats and dogs now thats very cute.
Oct 4, 4:58 AM
Offline
Sep 2022
13
A show about an alien coming to Earth and being very enamored by cats (and other cute animals) is so up my alley it's crazy! Did they make this for me?! owo

More topics from this board

» 'Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou' Announces Main Cast, Staff, 2023 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Nov 23

6 by Kinyoubi »»
1 hour ago

» Original TV Anime 'Pole Princess!!' Announced

DatRandomDude - Nov 25

40 by Kinyoubi »»
1 hour ago

» Mixed Media Project 'World Dai Star' Announces TV Anime for Spring 2023

Hyperion_PS - Nov 27

12 by Kinyoubi »»
1 hour ago

» Light Novel 'Fate/strange Fake' Gets TV Special in December 2022

Vindstot - Sep 24

26 by SuperAdventure »»
Yesterday, 7:26 PM

» 'Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!' Unveils Additional Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Nov 27

7 by takkun_ »»
Yesterday, 7:09 PM