Sep 28, 2022 10:05 AM

Apr 2017
there's no MiA hastag trending on twitter :(
Sep 28, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2021
very easily the beat anime of this year
Sep 28, 2022 12:49 PM

Oct 2013
Not even close, this season was disappointing compared to the previous one/movie.
Sep 28, 2022 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
Anime_Guy219 said:
Summertime Render exists

Hard agree on this. Aside from being new (not a sequel) Summertime was definitely the best show that's aired this year so far.
Sep 28, 2022 2:37 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This will probably be the anime that deserves it the most. I don't anything this year would have been handled as masterfully as this. It's not my favourite, it's not the one I will have most enjoyed probably, but it's just the BEST, you know?

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 28, 2022 3:32 PM
Dec 2021
aoty is based on how good it is+popularity even though I know it deserves it by far imo, it's probably going to be beaten by other's like csm, kaguya or even SxF, cuz of it's popularity
Sep 28, 2022 3:58 PM

Feb 2008
Yep, it's AOTY for me as well, as of this moment. Edgerunners is currently second.

As for Chainsaw Man, I have no idea what the hype is about. I know very little about it outside of seeing a trailer. I plan to watch it of course to see.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Sep 28, 2022 4:08 PM

Oct 2019
Animer_man said:
You are absolutely right. Made in Abyss S2 is the greatest thing ever to come out this year even better than Cyberpunk (Don't get triggered by bitter sweet truth). CSM is gonna have 12 episodes and I have read the manga for which I can say it cannot still surpass Made In Abyss. The shows which are yet to air or have aired cannot surpass Made In Abyss S2. Prove me wrong for those who have read the manga for every anime coming out next seasons.

mob psycho 100 III has a chance
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 28, 2022 4:26 PM
Sep 2018
I have cyberpunk slightly ahead of made in abyss personally
csm won't compete, the start of the show will be slow. spy x family is good but nothing to write home about, kaguya wasn't as funny as previous seasons, mob could compete.
Sep 28, 2022 5:05 PM
May 2022
CrimsonRuin said:
Anime_Guy219 said:
Summertime Render exists

Hard agree on this. Aside from being new (not a sequel) Summertime was definitely the best show that's aired this year so far.

cant trust the opinion of someone who rates boruto anything higher than a 6 lol
Sep 29, 2022 4:52 AM

Oct 2014
NlGGAIDC said:
CrimsonRuin said:

You've seen 37 shows, you don't even get a seat at the table 🤷‍♂️
Not entirely sure why me saying Summertime was better than MiA triggered you though, just an opinion on a discussion board 🤔
Sep 29, 2022 5:21 AM
Jun 2016
Cestlavie_ said:
You Lot forgetting one crucial fact
This or summertime rendering and cyberpunk aren't on Crunchyroll so they can't even be nominated for AOTY

Made in Abyss S1 won anime of the year if you know it.
Sep 29, 2022 5:23 AM
Jun 2016
Apolygon2 said:
Animer_man said:
You are absolutely right. Made in Abyss S2 is the greatest thing ever to come out this year even better than Cyberpunk (Don't get triggered by bitter sweet truth). CSM is gonna have 12 episodes and I have read the manga for which I can say it cannot still surpass Made In Abyss. The shows which are yet to air or have aired cannot surpass Made In Abyss S2. Prove me wrong for those who have read the manga for every anime coming out next seasons.

It may have the chance but still not at that level of Made in Abyss S2. We know who is gonna win, the one anime which will be overrated and fans will be toxic as hell.
Sep 29, 2022 5:24 AM
Jun 2016
MarchinBunny said:
Yep, it's AOTY for me as well, as of this moment. Edgerunners is currently second.

As for Chainsaw Man, I have no idea what the hype is about. I know very little about it outside of seeing a trailer. I plan to watch it of course to see.

The hype will be delivered on second season for Chainsaw Man.
Sep 29, 2022 5:28 AM
Jun 2016
Cestlavie_ said:
Animer_man said:

Made in Abyss S1 won anime of the year if you know it.

that's when Made in abyss was on Crunchyroll wasn't it?
if I remember correctly they don't have the license anymore

Nah just checked it out it is indeed in Crunchyroll but it aired this year 2022 the season 1. The award was given years ago. This means there is a higher chance that many anime will be included in it.
Sep 29, 2022 5:54 AM

Oct 2019
Animer_man said:
Apolygon2 said:

It may have the chance but still not at that level of Made in Abyss S2. We know who is gonna win, the one anime which will be overrated and fans will be toxic as hell.

to me made in abyss movie 3 and mob psycho season 2 were on the same level. so if mob gets better, just like made in abyss did, they can be on the same level quality wise. but yeah that's objective talk.

we all know chainsaw man will win as long as it's at least an 8/10.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 29, 2022 6:09 AM
Jun 2016
Apolygon2 said:
Animer_man said:

to me made in abyss movie 3 and mob psycho season 2 were on the same level. so if mob gets better, just like made in abyss did, they can be on the same level quality wise. but yeah that's objective talk.

Actually if we look at it closely Chainsaw Man first cour was mid to be honest in the manga. The staff said it will add some more scenes in the anime but not that much which will not impact the story overall. Do you think the same?
Sep 29, 2022 6:55 AM

Oct 2019
Animer_man said:
Apolygon2 said:

Actually if we look at it closely Chainsaw Man first cour was mid to be honest in the manga. The staff said it will add some more scenes in the anime but not that much which will not impact the story overall. Do you think the same?

haven't read the manga. but i think the production is high enough to push it to an 8 as long as the story is at least a 7 and has well written dialogue.
Also available at:

Sep 29, 2022 7:43 AM

Dec 2013
Personally I think it's definitely a great contender for AOTY. But since we have Mob Psycho S3, Spy Family Part 2, and of course Chainsaw man I'm sure those will also be fighting for the top spot.
Sep 29, 2022 8:00 AM

Oct 2021
crunchyrole awards are joke. it is easily anime of the year. the only thing that can come any close is probably mob s3. (no comments on cyberpunk or summer time render since i have not finished it)
Sep 29, 2022 9:41 AM
Aug 2022
Yes, it's definitely is.

But, I gurantee, it will not win because, first of all, it's Seinen, second it's not mainstream and third, many people didn't even like it without even watching, they make their opinion only by watching some shit people's video on YouTube who only criticizes the show so badly like it's something that should not exist in this world or blah blah blah....

I guarented you, CSM will win the AOTY, I am not criticizing CSM, although I am also a damn hardcore fan of its manga, but I think M.I.A. is definitely this year's best anime.
Everything is perfect this season.
Just Beautiful.....
Sep 29, 2022 10:30 AM

Mar 2019
If not for csm it would be basically guaranteed imo.
Sep 29, 2022 10:33 AM
Feb 2015
Of course! true AOTY!
Sep 30, 2022 5:49 AM
Jan 2014
The season more or less tried to play with people's emotions, but it doesn't work when you are allergic to soap opera drama BS. So for me this season was a complete waste, nothing happened, nothing was progressed, nothing of value was gained or lost. I don't get what the appeal here was. For me, it wasted my time and I don't think I will be watching any more of the series.

When I first heard about this anime and saw videos of it, the characters looked like some 3 year old snots. When I watched I found out that the 3 year old brats are actually 12 year old and adults look like 10 year old brats, season one was really interesting and I thought I made a mistake for ignoring this anime for so long, but the movie that bridged the story between season 1 and season 2 was pretty boring and lame and season 2 turned out somehow even more boring and lame than the movie. I don't want action and super powers and explosions, I just want something to happen. For me this season was 12 episodes of the main characters wasting their time in some stupid village and involving themselves in the inhabitants' problems like it's their job.
Sep 30, 2022 8:58 AM
Jul 2021
Nik03178 said:
XiongYifan said:
This season definitely deserved to be AOTY for me. I know it stands no chance against popularity of Aot or csm eventhough it's better than both of them but it atleast should be nominated for AOTY. Last year crunchyroll did dirty against fruit basket and i hope they don't repeat the same with MIA as well.

'Even though it's better than both of them', snuck in your personal opinion which most people will disagree with as a fact lmfao. Forget csm and aot, even mob psycho s3, kaguya s3, bleach, cyberpunk edgerunners better than this show. It doesn't stand even a remote chance for anime of the year.
Mob Psycho season 3 is the weakest mob psycho season, cyberpunk was maybe a 7.5/10, it had terrible pacing, it reeked of Angel Beats-syndrome. The characters weren't fleshed out enough to even care about their deaths. AOT is mid btw. Bleach TYBW will also be below average unless they retcon the ending. The only shows that should be in contention for AOTY are Kaguya S3, Made in Abyss, and CSM.
Oct 4, 2022 2:44 PM
May 2022
CrimsonRuin said:
NlGGAIDC said:

You've seen 37 shows, you don't even get a seat at the table 🤷‍♂️
Not entirely sure why me saying Summertime was better than MiA triggered you though, just an opinion on a discussion board 🤔

ive seen more im just not a nerd who puts every single thing i watch on here.
Oct 4, 2022 5:19 PM

May 2010
Amazing how half the people here are already giving their opinion on shows that have not even started airing yet.
It shows how "objective" people can be when giving their opinion.
Oct 4, 2022 5:32 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Far from it,
This season of MiA feels like downgrade from previous seasons, disappointing.

1st half of this season was nice and enjoyable except those unimportant side story about those new characters, then it becomes trainwreck as soon as that clone aka Shitty appeared just to make Nanachi useless, afterwards the show feels like Naruto fillers where unimportant new characters keeps popping up with stretched story.

12 episodes just to tell some edgy story about filler characters and not even a mention about 7th layer at all, this anime has lost its magic, too bad I really enjoyed previous season and movie.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 5, 2022 10:00 PM
Dec 2019
Made in Abyss is easily the best piece of media, ever. Don't need any awards to tell me that.
Oct 5, 2022 10:09 PM

Jan 2014
obviously Made in Abyss season 2 and most likely Mob season 3 are AOTY, but we all know neither of those are going to win the "Crunchyroll awards lul

Oct 5, 2022 10:13 PM

May 2021
No, it's not AOTY by a fair margin.The season had multiple flaws and cant be considered a masterpiece in any way, S1 already won AOTY which was a total failure, considering how weak S1 was, so I hope that comedy doesnt happens twice.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Yesterday, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

405 by conquistadorr »»
Apr 21, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

258 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 15, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2022

138 by Toooooooooohru »»
Apr 12, 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.