Forum Settings
Forums

There is 0 reason you should be able to review a show before its done airing

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 17, 2023 7:05 AM
May 2022
I agree. Show is not done... don't hate on it during a dry spell
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Jan 17, 2023 1:41 PM

May 2021
Mangaman162 said:
But on the main reviews page, no, there shouldnt be preliminary reviews after the season finishes. If they had a preliminary review tab option that would be fine

There is a preliminary review tab...
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jan 20, 2023 4:39 PM
Jan 2023
I drop most Anime I start watching, even sometimes if the show is half decent, and just one of the main characters annoy me. I've dropped way more anime than it shows on my list, I just can't remember the names of all the shows I have watched. I wouldn't try to write a fully detailed review on a show i've not seen though. But I would be happy saying the reasons why I dropped it or what problems I had with it.
I think it's okay to review the parts you have seen If I watch something and drop it after episode 6 I can tell you why all of the characters are annoying, and why I'm about to drop the show. 
Jan 28, 2023 7:49 PM
Jun 2011
That’s ok. But there should be a preliminary review section until the seasons done. Like a tab or something. I’d appreciate that. Getting a bit of info from viewers early on is ok. But many abuse that option to just ruin this site
Jan 28, 2023 7:58 PM
Jun 2011
DigiCat said:
Mangaman162 said:
But on the main reviews page, no, there shouldnt be preliminary reviews after the season finishes. If they had a preliminary review tab option that would be fine

you’re right there is a preliminary tab. I apologize….. however new popular anime titles I’ve seen have no preliminaries when you check box however have has 3/24 episode reviews shitting on content nonstop.
It’s seriously like MAL reviews have become fentanyl for assholes. There’s no other explanations. When a high ranked series, especially new has 3-4 bashing reviews at a score above 8.5 as the top scene reviews something is wrong
Jan 28, 2023 8:04 PM
Jun 2011
StormStar said:
I drop most Anime I start watching, even sometimes if the show is half decent, and just one of the main characters annoy me. I've dropped way more anime than it shows on my list, I just can't remember the names of all the shows I have watched. I wouldn't try to write a fully detailed review on a show i've not seen though. But I would be happy saying the reasons why I dropped it or what problems I had with it.
I think it's okay to review the parts you have seen If I watch something and drop it after episode 6 I can tell you why all of the characters are annoying, and why I'm about to drop the show. 
your 💯 % right. You should be able to comment And post opinions. It’s just not working like that though. So many trolls have got this site down with ways to fake, manipulate, and ruin it. It’s just MAL is used as a reference, really the only one I hate to see it destroyed. I come here to look for new anime to watch and see ridiculous obviously fabricated reviews that somehow have thousands of hits more than a respectable one
Jan 28, 2023 8:15 PM

Sep 2018
Did this guy finally get banned or something? Haven't seen one of his threads in a while.
Jan 29, 2023 1:44 AM

May 2021
Mangaman162 said:
you’re right there is a preliminary tab. I apologize….. however new popular anime titles I’ve seen have no preliminaries when you check box however have has 3/24 episode reviews shitting on content nonstop

By new anime do you mean still airing?
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jan 29, 2023 2:24 AM

Oct 2019
I disagree, it's a good indication for watching the show before it finishes, but I do think that:

1. they should be deleted or buried as soon as the show finishes

2. the more relevant ones should be higher up 

3. they should not be possible for shows that are finished
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Zeerks (I will make you YouTube thumbnails/banners): https://zeerk.com/jobs/graphics-design/i-will-make-you-your-youtube-banner-thumbnail/
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jan 29, 2023 12:11 PM
Jan 2023
Mangaman162 said:
StormStar said:
your 💯 % right. You should be able to comment And post opinions. It’s just not working like that though. So many trolls have got this site down with ways to fake, manipulate, and ruin it. It’s just MAL is used as a reference, really the only one I hate to see it destroyed. I come here to look for new anime to watch and see ridiculous obviously fabricated reviews that somehow have thousands of hits more than a respectable one

That's the reason I joined MAL, to find some shows to watch. I don't really read peoples reviews though, I've read a couple, not many.
Jan 29, 2023 3:09 PM
Dec 2014
I think it is okay to have reviews like this, but they should be labeled as such. Also, ratings from people who drop a show before the halfway point shouldn't count against the shows MAL score. Instead, shows like this could have a tag like "Frequently Dropped" or "Cult Classic". I think an important aspect of the ratings system is knowing what demographics are giving what scores as well. I think due to the zoomer audience and their tendency to hype shows, new releases should be given a wait time before the show can be given a rating (maybe until the end of the next season), avoiding the recent problem where every "anime of the season" (CSM, JJK, Demon Slayer, Love is War, Spy Family) is automatically bumped to the top 100 with an absurd proportion of 10/10 ratings.
Feb 12, 2023 7:23 PM
Jun 2011
DigiCat said:
Mangaman162 said:

DigiCat said:
Mangaman162 said:
you’re right there is a preliminary tab. I apologize….. however new popular anime titles I’ve seen have no preliminaries when you check box however have has 3/24 episode reviews shitting on content nonstop

DigiCat said:
Mangaman162 said:

Yeah I did mean still airing.
DigiCat said:
Mangaman162 said:

Hi. Yeah I did mean still airing. I see there’s a checkbox there for some.

All and all after seeing more reviews lately even after the update they just need to add a downvote button. So many terrible (obvious troll) reviews are showing up in top 3-5 listed. I’ve seen so much anime it I know better after using this site for so long. But people new to anime and MAL are not getting good reviews and recommendations.
Feb 12, 2023 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Lawrencw said:
billybub said:
Who actually reads, let alone cares about MAL "reviews"?

A lot of us actually do. It’s impossible not to look for reviews when figuring out what to watch. If the review goes along your line of thought and maybe the writer has the same taste, you will be less hesitant to try it out. It also saves time of watching 3 episodes just to confirm if you like it.

And you let decide MAL reviews, or any reviews from random people for that matter, for you?
It's also often the case that the first incoming ones are seen the most too and then get upvoted.
Feb 12, 2023 7:36 PM

May 2021
Mangaman162 said:
Hi. Yeah I did mean still airing. I see there’s a checkbox there for some.

All and all after seeing more reviews lately even after the update they just need to add a downvote button. So many terrible (obvious troll) reviews are showing up in top 3-5 listed. I’ve seen so much anime it I know better after using this site for so long. But people new to anime and MAL are not getting good reviews and recommendations.

Yeah, that because airing anime aren't complete, so all reviews are preliminary

So far i haven't come across many troll reviews, to be honest i don't read (almost) every single review that comes out and tend to stay away from the top 3-5 'cause they're usually super long ones, but out of the reviews i have read i've only come across a few troll battles (like Bleach vs FMA shit reviewing eachother) and one bullshit artist troll, it was so obvious by what he wrote he hadn't even watched 5 minutes of the shows he reviewed 😂
Feb 12, 2023 7:40 PM

Oct 2022
nobody should be stopped from reviewing the show on what they think so far, but you also have to take those reviews with a grain of salt for obvious reasons.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do women also enjoy Yuri?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 16

35 by Atashi_Agatha »»
48 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot? ( 1 2 )

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

54 by Rinrinka »»
1 minute ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

93 by teraphIl1000 »»
11 minutes ago

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

26 by MasterTasuke »»
17 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

24 by Ratris_Decision »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.