Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
RISE won at the expense of her serious foot injury, which drove the entire group and Snow Wolf into overdrive by taking care of her and being exhausted at the same time, but it's worth it.

With all the work done, it's left with the idol stuff to settle to call this an end. Hiyori and her RISE team have worked damn hard to reach this point, so enjoy the attention.

This is just exactly like PuraOre!. While a tad better, it's still the Uma Musume formula, and a bad iteration of that.
Sep 24, 2022 10:56 AM

Feb 2020
Great finale. I'm glad Hiyori's foot wasn't badly injured, after all.

I loved the concert part. It looked fantastic!

Yukino watching TV with her grandfather was a very touching moment.

Bye, girls. I'll miss you...

"See you again!" I hope so.

This was a very good show. For me, this was one of the most positive surprises of the season.

Give me more all-female sports! :)

SerafosSep 25, 2022 3:44 AM
Sep 24, 2022 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
Nice final episode with a concert.
Everything we've seen so far was a prefectural qualification. So, it means that there will be more in the future......
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 24, 2022 11:29 AM

Feb 2019
Great finale. All the groups were great, but honestly the group that went before RISE with the “my hero” song was better imo. This show started off kinda slow but once I got to know the girls I was really hooked.

Happy hiyori injury didn’t turn out to be too bad and she was still able to lead the group! I’ll miss these girls a lot.
Sep 24, 2022 12:19 PM

Dec 2010
It's insane how such an unknown original anime got such a high budget. The idol parts this episode were really well animated! This was probably one of the titles I enjoyed the most this season. Chances are slim but I wouldn't mind a continuation at some point. Gonna miss these girls!
Sep 24, 2022 12:40 PM

Jul 2011
Hiyori got to where she wanted to be. Great ending.

I wonder how expensive Nono really is to be in 72 installments. Well, is at least the price of a car.
Sep 24, 2022 1:41 PM

Jan 2021
A surprisingly good show, and even more so since I don't really like idol anime. It was nice to finally see Hiyori cry a little bit for how far she's come, and the last bit with Saki was nice. The idol portions of the show were also really well done.

A solid 7/10

Sep 24, 2022 2:22 PM

Mar 2019
Well...I hope seeing them again in the future. Enjoyed the series a lot and kinda like the combination of sports and idols. The music and song were great actually. The story is a little bit too Cinderella story like, being a newcomer winning directly your first major is well not "very common". All in all, still a great series and idols fans should give it a try
Sep 24, 2022 3:25 PM

Apr 2015
It's rare I get into pure sports or idol anime, separately. Who knew the combination of the two would catch my interest. I really enjoyed this show to the end.
Sep 24, 2022 4:01 PM

Nov 2013
great anime with tons of likeable girls (and robots), great moments of sports, idol stuff and ofc, friendship between teammates and rivals

wonder if they plan to make a season 2 or a game, since they literally finished the anime saying "see you again"

anyway, didn't expect i would enjoy this as much as i did, so i'll up my score from the mid season 7 to a final 9, this was really fun
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 24, 2022 5:00 PM

Nov 2017
An emotional concert to finish in beauty the first season! I can't wait for the second season!
ElyshionSep 29, 2022 3:30 AM
Sep 24, 2022 6:09 PM

Sep 2016
Finally it's over.
what a painfully mediocre and... unextreme anime
*deleted it and permanently deleted it from recycle bin*
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 25, 2022 4:05 AM

Oct 2007
so much dancing this episode, I enjoyed watching May Bee performance. Hiyori is so happy she cried.

and they're saying it's not the end. Maybe there might indeed be a season 2. Hopefully, sales would be good so they get funding for another season.
Sep 25, 2022 12:26 PM

Nov 2016
Hybrid anime in this case idol + sports, respectively, usually don't achieve as much they would with a more focussed narrative, but this was pretty fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2022 8:57 PM

Jan 2011
i'm all for for idols shows and the mix of sports and idols was a pretty good balance in extreme hearts granted i would've liked way more focus on the sports but with the shows fast pace a lot of it got cut down because it was doing a lot at once

lots of cute girls and they were enjoyable to watch

i don't doubt hardly anyone outside of japan really watched this but in a season filled with just okay shows this one would easily be buried i'm glad i stuck with it

would've liked to see more of the other teams but snow wolf joining the girls and sticking with em was a treat

6.5/10 would really like to see a S2 since the ground work has been already set
Sep 26, 2022 12:50 AM
Dec 2021
El final fue tan épico que salió la Bocchi en él
Sep 26, 2022 4:29 AM
Jul 2017
I got goosebumps at the scene where Hiyori cries. Wasn't expecting that. A pleasant surprise.
Sep 26, 2022 6:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yess! Idol concert + Hiroyi crying after all what happened ahah, in the end they're teasing a sequel so it might happen? Would be cool to be honest
Sep 26, 2022 7:04 AM
May 2017
nice but not so cool
Sep 26, 2022 12:40 PM
Sep 2020
Does the text on their shirts mean anything?

Sep 30, 2022 10:58 AM
Sep 2022
The text 'Mina de Ganbarone' is '皆で頑張ろうね' means 'Let's all do our best'.
Oct 2, 2022 4:46 AM

Oct 2013
idk it started off really well but got kinda boring in the back half imo
Oct 2, 2022 12:36 PM

Sep 2021
i enjoyed it. Best anime for this season in my opinion in terms of enjoyment. It's weird how almost all the teams except Snow Wolf are idols though, especially so for Rise. That aside, i think the premise of using those "extreme gear" in sports was completely unnecessary in this show. All it gave was some power boosts and nice shiny effects which may not have been needed either way in the first place... That aside, 6 years of installment payments for Nono huh...(maybe they could pay it off in 1-shot if their merch sales are good enough)

There was quite the setup for a sequel with the "we're just getting started" and "see you next time"; will be interesting to see if there would ever really be a sequel. I think the series ended quite nicely, leaving room for a sequel should it ever get green-lit.
Oct 4, 2022 6:44 AM

Jan 2017
So that's where the whole budget went to, high-quality song segments for the very last episode xD

Overall meh mixture of idols / sports but they lean in to the former more than the latter, but I did enjoy the ride while it lasted
Oct 14, 2022 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Best anime i've seen, need a second season.

Oct 20, 2022 8:02 PM
Mar 2022
An interesting combination. The sports and idol genres mesh better than you expect
Nov 7, 2022 3:14 PM

Nov 2009
It's a nice end.

The Story was fairly good.

However the setting is still weird with "Hyper/ Extreme" in the sports barely there. (we could have someone with an injury in RL continue playing sport too, should we call our normal sport Hyper Sport now? and all the strats/ movements are not so different from RL sports, a lot of people can move the same even without the anime's "Hyper shoes")

The only thing that's different from RL sports is like I said since the beginning, the "Idol" part of the sport where they sing/ dance. (imagine RL sport players now have to sing and dance after a match, LOL)

___ ___ ___

Also, they sorta only showed the beginnings/ shortened version of each song before RISE. (Hiyori cried in mid-singing)

But I guess the plus of Idol + Sport is that while training for Sport, it also improves your endurance and movement for Dancing. (which is a big part of Idol activities)

___ ___ ___

So... they're going to do East Japan Tourny.

I wonder, how many Tournies are there? Is there one for Global? Cause I really doubt Hyper Sports is a Japan only thing.

Also, "End of RISE's story" huh... so I guess if there's a sequel, it'll be a different group of girls. (similar to Idol animes that isn't direct sequels)
amlgNov 7, 2022 3:27 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 3, 2022 7:32 AM

Feb 2014
I survived! all 12 episodes xD

Hm, I was almost giving this anime a 6... but episodes 11 and 12 changed my mind, so purely out of enjoyment I will go with 5/10.

As expected, it ended up with an idol concert, which is not much of a plus for me, and it had better art quality compared to some other episodes - which were way too simple coming out of an anime from 2022, and I confess a few times that bothered me even though I am not much picky when it comes to art (although I appreciate nice art, of course xD )

Well, I really wish I could have enjoyed this anime more. When I thought I was enjoying, I would soon realize how everything in general was average and so the boredom would poke me here and then.

Don´t take me wrong, it´s an easy going anime and some times their relationships were cute, but... we have many of these ones out there already. The sports should be the key here, but it was not as exciting as I wish it would be.

I know this anime is not about this, but... even the few attempts of fanservice scenes were disapoiting xD

Would rate 5.5/10 if possible, but I will have to round it to 5/10.

---

PS.: I confess it bothered me how the robot-girls were ignored troughout the anime as if they were a ghost nobody could see, even when they are very human-like (not only looking wise but also behavior).
TechOtakuDec 3, 2022 8:10 AM
Feb 19, 2023 9:51 AM

Nov 2013
RISE's performance was meh. And their dance moves are seriously cringey. No wonder japanese idols were humiliated at Produce 48 because of their kindergarten choreography.
I wish Snow Wolf performed the whole song instead of this cringefest.
The ending was cute. They got fanbase full of simps wearing headbands and bought the slave thing permanently.
GvendolineFeb 19, 2023 9:26 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 13, 2022

14 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Dec 1, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2022

13 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 30, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 30, 2022

10 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 30, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 23, 2022

18 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Extreme Hearts Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

26 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.