Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 2, 2022 5:57 PM
Aug 2021
What an amazing ending episode in many ways, i laughed when shuu was the one who got blasted at last😂
Oct 3, 2022 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
I still wonder what the girls from Shu's harem see in him as he's quite the bland person. After the first episode I expected something worse but overall pretty okay-ish yet forgettable anime.

Oct 5, 2022 2:05 AM
Dec 2020
Very cute episode
Oct 5, 2022 7:34 AM

Jan 2017
As the title of the episode states, this is truly an unresolved finale

The ride with the twist and turns featuring Mikhail and Miles were fun, the needless final battle with a brocon demon makes this show kinda meh
Oct 5, 2022 7:50 AM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
Probably one of the most predictable ways they concluded the show with a big fight between Shu and Kisara against Kanna.

Kisara fought like a champ though, knowing the stakes. Still, I found this episode kinda underwhelming being how predictable everything went. Seems Kisara and Kanna aren't going to get along after all lul

Yeah, maybe predictable that Kanna can casually leave her prison on a regular basis. The City had a hard time killing lowly demons, actually imprisoning an S class demon was probably a stupid idea; even more retarded when the City keeps trying to redo their attempt, to imprison Kanna, ,when it is more effective to simply let Kanna live with Shu while providing Food Donations. SMH, no matter how modernized humans are, they are too stupid to choose the "smarter choice" in life; probably the only smartest fictionally political human I know is Roberto Katze from Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index,

Notably, using otome game sekai wa mob ni kibishii sekai desu as an example, I guess having girls "get along" with each other is a rare occurrence. I now can't remember how many anime has several girls being "best buddies" despite loving the same guy.

I am actually surprised that, during Kanna's "cheap" imprisonment, the city actually clothed Kanna. Using Elfen Lied as an example, most anime prisons are too low-budget and keep their imprisoned girls naked.
Oct 5, 2022 8:06 AM
Jun 2021
Did not expect this great and good of an ending not gonna lie.
Oct 8, 2022 7:07 PM
Mar 2021
I think this a good anime It was a 7.14 but went down more to a 6.92 it deserves to be a 7.45 on the MAL score
Oct 9, 2022 4:23 PM
Aug 2017
JuddHaida202 said:
I think this a good anime It was a 7.14 but went down more to a 6.92 it deserves to be a 7.45 on the MAL score

It deserve to be 8.5
Oct 11, 2022 8:48 PM

Feb 2014
What a painful anime to watch xD

Its only "saving grace" is the nun (Sharon). Every other character.. story... sucks. Those girls have 0 pride and their stupidity is over 8000! when it comes to that average lifeless male main character.

Don´t get me wrong there are nice simple cliche animes and average male MCs are everywhere, that alone is not the problem, but put that together with every other thing being average or bad and... *sigh*

At least it had a decent closure, but oh God...

1/10 + 3/10 because of Sharon = 4/10 final score.

TechOtakuOct 11, 2022 9:28 PM
Oct 13, 2022 3:49 PM
Jun 2020
Kinda cool but unlogic end
Oct 14, 2022 9:51 AM
Jan 2014
very generic and a lot of ecchi
Oct 14, 2022 10:11 AM

Feb 2021
So it's a happy ending. I thought that his little sister are gonna died in this last episode.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 15, 2022 1:20 AM

Mar 2013
Great ending, I finally get to see Kanna happily? living with her brother, Shu and all the girls... (Except Sharon).
Unfortunately, we didn't get to see more of them in the ending. I was hoping for more scenes while the Ending is playing in the background... disappointing chance!

My thoughts? I need a sequel of what will happen to Sharon after she departed to her Church.
But not just for Sharon, but also for the rest of the characters, especially those mob characters
that we didn't get a chance to be properly introduced. It would be nice if they did so instead of just
focusing too much on our main characters... but I still love this series.

Overall, they wasted the opportunity of making this greater than it can be.
8/10 (but 6.91 is too underrated... ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯)

CrazyButNot4UOct 15, 2022 1:34 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 15, 2022 2:29 PM
Apr 2015
Boring and uncreative!
Oct 24, 2022 8:41 PM
Jul 2014
who was the studio trying to cameo during the aftermath rebuilding cut scene around 1600? was that just one of the merc groups?
Oct 31, 2022 4:23 AM
Dec 2021
the ending NEARLY ticked me off with kanna being locked away but the did justice in the end so yea good show
Nov 10, 2022 9:22 AM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:

Its only "saving grace" is the nun (Sharon). Every other character.. story... sucks. Those girls have 0 pride and their stupidity is over 8000! when it comes to that average lifeless male main character.

Don´t get me wrong there are nice simple cliche animes and average male MCs are everywhere, that alone is not the problem, but put that together with every other thing being average or bad and... *sigh*

like a typical harem ending where girls corner MC and tell him to chose ferry cliche lol
Jan 3, 2023 8:36 AM

Jun 2013
The show was average imo. The creators didn't explain the setting properly nor was enough information provided about all the characters. I do like the concept and the action but I wish more effort was put into this show instead of the ecchi stuff.
Jan 3, 2023 8:52 AM

Mar 2021
The visuals, animation, and overal setting was pretty GOAT. It is a show definitely enjoyable to watch with that solely.

I say the story was pretty convoluted trying to cram it into a 13 episode series, making it hard to follow. I had to regularly look up things on forums to get what is going on. Since it is leading to gacha game, which needs a massive world.

I say Engage Kiss is overall inferior to Saekano and Date A Live. But it does suck that we don't get many well animated shows featuring Tsunako's designs, so I will savour this anime while I can.
Feb 15, 2023 6:31 AM
Aug 2022
yani fena deil 6.9 dan 7 bence gayet iyi
Feb 20, 2023 5:11 PM

Aug 2014
Wanted to give it a 9/10, but I didn't have time to finish last episodes and now I forgot why I liked it so much :P So it seems it wasn't so great, but solid 8/10 is a must! Great art and fights, ecchi, harem, everything man of culture likes ;]
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 1, 2023 6:22 PM

Nov 2022
The story was a bit sporadic at times, which lead to some confusion on my end.
As well as the ending was somewhat half hearted, In the way of an actual conclusion, In my opinion.

However, I very much enjoyed the dramatic and climatic scenes, The best was with Ayano. Top tier stuff from her.
Aug 9, 2023 10:51 PM
Oct 2020
There were a few times where this series really knocked it out of the park. Unfortunately it was not quite enough for me to give the series an 8. It's a pretty solid 7 for me. I enjoyed the battle scenes and some of the interactions were very good. Like Kisara's philosophical musings at the dock, asking "does this world have a place for me?" And, despite their rivalry, Ayano just puts her arms around the demon. Which is what I wanted to do in that moment as well. I also like the ending song, so catchy. Because of moments like these I really wanted to like the entire series more. It just didn't deliver consistently enough for me. 
Nov 10, 2023 2:36 AM

Jul 2012
They should have add "Harem" on the genre 😑😌😊😆😏

Nov 10, 2023 6:28 AM

Dec 2022
Why should Kanna be continually imprisoned and chained up every time she escapes? Sharon didn't have the excuse of being corrupted by demonic influence when she was indiscriminately attacking everyone in sight, but was allowed to escape and never recaptured, even when she's a willing and fervent member of an organisation of assassins who have made a point of stating their intent to infiltrate Bayron City. Beyond that, while Kanna is a teenager, Sharon is a woman in her twenties, and would typically be held accountable to a higher degree for her actions as a consequence. Ludicrous and legally inconsistent events that make absolutely no sense at all.

Pretty good anime. The characterisation and writing is competent and flows well from episode to episode, and the battle scenes are excitingly animated too. It's just unfortunate that the main character, Shuu, is awful. He has the mentality of a heroic battle harem protagonist, but this conflicts with his callous, vain actions that end up presenting him more as an anti-hero. These mixed signals create an unfathomable viewing experience.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 30, 2023 2:02 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I had a poor first impression for this anime, I expected it to turn out shit eventually, the first episodes were nothing too special, so something shit would have to happen to have an anime with such good animation and production values, score like this, besides the concept of losing memories was really refreshing and the MC unlike most was at least not a pussy.

And to my surprise the anime keep getting better and better, I started enjoying the characters and got interested to see how far the MC would go with losing his memories... episode 9 was the highlight for me, it was that good of a twist, it was some heavy stuff and caught me off guard when I never thought the anime would go there and make me feel.

These last couple of episodes were not bad either, a bit predictable thought, but enjoyable still, I very much liked the ending with Kanna trying to live with them, it was kinda of an adorable setting, and to see Kisaraka back to her older self, despite never having recovered her memories, she just made new ones and grown over her loss.

It is a enjoyable ending, but there is a big BUT.
This anime needs a season 2, if this was just some promotion for a fucking game or something, I will be really disappointed.
After episode 9, with all that info dump, you cant just leave it at that, and I also wanted to see the MC processing those feelings, if he got all Kisara's memories, does it mean he got them from the old man and thus is aware of the whole revelation?! If so, the anime made a poor example of that.

Besides, this story feels very far from complete, rather than conclusive, tons are still left open to be properly built on, the ending we got works well IF this eventually gets a S2, otherwise I will be very disappointed.
Something that they have to explain is what is Kisara now using to fuel her powers, like the last kiss, again, this really needs a S2, and if it gets it, I will be very interested in seeing it continue, I become more fond of the characters than I first thought.

8.1/10 = 8
Nov 30, 2023 2:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to I-Jitsu
The show was average imo. The creators didn't explain the setting properly nor was enough information provided about all the characters. I do like the concept and the action but I wish more effort was put into this show instead of the ecchi stuff.
@I-Jitsu A very valid point, I do feel there is a lot left to explain and things mentioned that I feel would naturally be a priority with a S2.
Nov 30, 2023 2:08 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to TechOtaku

@Vi- Couldnt disagree more, I have seen some rather trashy stuff recently and this was much better.
The reveal with episode 9 alone made it more than worth it to watch this anime, if you are comparing the characters and the MC here with other works, I find most of those to be way more lacking, besides the concept of the MC losing his memory slowly spiced things up a lot, made for more complex and interesting relationship between the main characters.
Jan 1, 7:26 PM
Jun 2019
Overall average-good anime. It's definitely not too good but not too bad. I think people try too hard to rate this anime honestly, since obviously it doesnt try to go above and beyond. And that is the point of anime like these just something to enjoy through the day. If there is a ss2 to this anime I would watch it.
Jan 4, 10:42 AM
Aug 2023
it was really really good
Mar 3, 7:02 PM
Mar 2022
Meh it was alright, but nothing too special, definitely better than most of the seasonal slop
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Aug 2023
satisfying, great ending and plot. but why the rates is 6.8, O.o"

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2022

71 by Shakti-- »»
Jan 4, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.