Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Nov 13, 2022 5:49 PM

Nov 2019
hikkiyuki said:
There is no hint there why people are still shipping them. Can't they be just a couple of (best?)friends?

Do best friends get cripplingly embarrassed talking about underwear? There's definite yuri subtext on Chisato's part. It's subtle though and can be easily ignored if you want.
Nov 17, 2022 5:53 AM
Nov 2016
hoping to see the male version spin off. they were really well off the radar
Nov 17, 2022 8:02 PM

Aug 2017
Entertaining show but preposterous and over the top. 7 for me. Cute girls.
Nov 19, 2022 12:16 AM

Jul 2019
Chisato & Takina really carried the whole enjoyment for me
Nov 25, 2022 12:53 AM

Aug 2011
Nov 27, 2022 11:34 PM

May 2016
Aloha!!

Also, we need a LilyBell spinoff, right now. God what a great series this was. Lots of people bashing it, lots of people praising it as the greatest anime ever, it's certainly divisive. I think it was super good, maybe not the greatest show to have ever been made, but I really enjoyed the story and the characters. Super hopeful for a spinoff or something!
Dec 4, 2022 5:43 AM

Oct 2016
Strong ending, really wish there was more information about the so-called Alan Institution and whenever such geniuses exist in other places other than japan, hopefully the second season ever happens
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Dec 5, 2022 5:02 AM

Oct 2019
Coming for "Shibuya Rin but with gun" gag, but the vibe and animation quality keep me hooked. 8/10.
Dec 13, 2022 5:47 PM
Aug 2022
I love the way the surprised us by make Chisato survived and leave a clue for season 2 but the way that Majima's disappeared 's little bit weird ,( so I'm looking forward for the second season of this anime) I also love the fans service scene Chisato and Takina were very cute even I've known that Chisato should've died like the manga but I still love this version of anime ,because I really like thier chemistry and the ending scene that different from the manga according what I've written this season's really good for me thank you everybody who made this anime come true!
Dec 15, 2022 10:16 AM
Mar 2014
I enjoyed the show, even while the antagonist's motivation was a bit weird.
Dec 18, 2022 6:40 AM
Dec 2022
Alright finale, but the last two episodes could've been better.
Dec 19, 2022 8:54 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
No yuri kiss, meh. Jokes aside, very enjoyable, top quality animation and music and gorgeous characters. Despite writing/story wasn't always clear, it was wrapped up pretty well at the end. Majima reminds me a lot of Makishima Shougo from Psycho-Pass, especially for his motivation and his method to throw the system in crisis. I am quite sure they took inspiration from it. Chisato could be in my fav characters list if there was enough space, sigh. Loved the chemistry between her and Takina. I hoped for a better exploration of the side characters. Despite the flaws, I'll give it a solid 8/10.
Dec 21, 2022 5:21 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I ranked it as high as an 8 until segment 11 and then it went down to a 6. I just didn't do well with the "can't take a life no matter what" message. In fact, I did start feeling a large amount of empathy for the villain who never seems to die either. I am not sure I would recommend this series to anyone that I know. Final score: 7
Dec 27, 2022 4:57 AM
Dec 2022
Best CGDCT anime ever. Good animation, good story telling
Dec 30, 2022 7:50 AM
Dec 2007
At what point this anime becomes good? Watched all episodes, didn't manage to figure it out
Dec 31, 2022 11:12 PM
Jun 2019
Ummmmm, what to write. This anime was definitely great. It was such fun to watch every episode. Chisato was really cute and funny too. The action was awesome and the choreography in her fight scenes, especially against Majima was incredible. She was so fun to watch. Takina was also an incredible character. I can’t believe she’s the girl we saw in episode 1, lol. So much growth. This episode was definitely great and seeing that Chisato gets to live…I’m glad.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jan 1, 2023 3:45 PM
Oct 2013
Wasted potential, the story could have been darker and deeper.
Yoshimatsu's death was dumb..
Cute armed and dangerous girls, hacker loli and a villain that is not that evil, this show is just to entertain!
7/10 for Chisato, Takina and the good animations 
Jan 4, 2023 3:14 AM
Jan 2023
I loved the anime the plot was awesome
Jan 7, 2023 4:35 AM
Mar 2021
a little bit boring
Jan 7, 2023 7:21 PM
Jul 2022
This whole series is just splendid, everything is amazing, if you helped in making this in any way shape or form, thank you :')
Jan 10, 2023 11:44 PM
Apr 2018
Wow I should have trusted my gut from the first episode that I wouldn't like this anime. Tricked by the high score.
Jan 12, 2023 6:31 PM
Sep 2018
Very good show, great characters and very impressive character animation and attention to details.

They really felt like real people they way they interacted with one another and how fleshed out their desires and personalities are.

The Lycoris themselves where a great force in the world and the twists and turns in the plot, mostly due to Makima, where cool in spectacle and genuinely unexpected.

Great show, hate Robota, Walnut MVP
Jan 30, 2023 3:50 PM

Aug 2015
happy ending ... bleargh
Jan 30, 2023 3:55 PM

Aug 2015
Hyrulia said:
Wasted potential, the story could have been darker and deeper.
Yoshimatsu's death was dumb..
Cute armed and dangerous girls, hacker loli and a villain that is not that evil, this show is just to entertain!
7/10 for Chisato, Takina and the good animations 
rt

nobody gets hurts in fight scenes
Jan 31, 2023 4:46 PM

Sep 2016
That was uhhh.. That was sure an ending, I guess. I liked the show overall, but these past 3 episodes were a sloppy mess.
Jan 31, 2023 6:15 PM

Aug 2015
Dassuu said:
-lies- said:
happy ending ... bleargh
The ending is happy only in the eyes of viewer. There are still a lot of cannons scattered in the Lycoreco's world, and people began to suspect something, that all their "security" actually smells like a huge mortar of dicks. But if we take the Chisato line especially, then yes, the end is happy, and it's pretty nice. If the authors had killed her, the end would be the worst, given that there are quite a lot of open subjects for the potential sequel   🗿
if the intention was to leave it open to have a sequel, maybe this ending is the best one. But particularly I would like it to be a closed story, and I still think that a tragic ending would match everything that happened more
Feb 6, 2023 9:02 AM

Feb 2021
Okay, so it does seem that some parts of the population are still suspicious about the broadcast. Also, the people who witnessed citizens and Lycoris using guns in public is still there and won't be silenced so easily.

No matter how messed up Majima is, I'll give him props for being a good sport. At least to Chisato. Still shocked that he didn't set up actual bombs and that it was all a ploy to get a final fight with Chisato.

Damn, Mika killed Yoshi and retrieved the heart. I guess there was another spare heart in the briefcase?

Majima somehow survived and still trying to influence people with firearms.

Anyway, it was overall a decent watch. Nothing really extraordinary for me. The animation was nice, and the world-building was good, but the plot felt a bit lack-lustre at some points. 6.5/10 for me

Feb 10, 2023 3:49 PM

May 2021
just finished up and i’m so glad chisato lived! 
loved the statement she made about how what’s important to her is the little moments with the people she loves. that back and forth with majima really spoke to me. we all get one life as far as we know and ambition is great but what’s it all for? made me wanna go hug all my family and friends one by one and tell ‘em how much i love them.

as far as stories go it’d be a 7 or maybe 8 out of 10 but honestly most importantly to me is the main cast and the character interactions—from the VAs to character design to their chemistry and personalities the 5 that worked at the cafe and especially chisato and takina knocked it out of the park for me 
giving it 9/10 seems nuts for a random season one show i watched on a whim but here we are 
chisato x takina forever!
Feb 12, 2023 4:54 PM

Feb 2018
Mika had us all along with his 'bad leg'. Majima survived but so did Chisato. Now the gang relaxes at Hawaii taking it all easy :) What a nice way to wrap up the series,
this was such a fun watch!
Feb 16, 2023 5:08 PM
Oct 2022
nicceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Feb 18, 2023 6:18 PM
Feb 2021
Basically the ending I expected. Fucking hell, Chisato is so damn niave it's really annoying. I get she doesn't want to kill people and what not, but goddamn. She's actively using a gift that she has to ensure people like her suffer the same way, its really annoying. Overall, this anime was really disappointing. It felt like two completely different shows fused into one that didn't really work for me. One is a slice of life about people trying to move on from trauma and their past, and the other is a political thriller where the protagonist has the disposition of an actual child. I liked the slice of life, but fuck me, there's a reason why children aren't allowed to make important decisions
Feb 19, 2023 7:28 AM
Feb 2022
gold, the story was great
Feb 20, 2023 5:40 PM
Oct 2021
Amazing, final fight was masterpiece.
Feb 27, 2023 5:30 PM
Aug 2022
This show sucks, the only good character is Walnut. Terrible pacing, the MC has no sex appeal, she's got like 2 expressions throughout the whole anime, she's not bang-able. The story is crap and all over the place. Overrated all the simps praising this utter crap. I got a chuckle here and there but had a miserable time watching it the whole time. The only way I got through it was while eating lunch and dinner. I hope the MC dies if they do make a part two. The ending really sucked too. The only good thing was the outro. F this show.
Mar 4, 2023 1:35 AM

Apr 2019
it was a good anime coming from A-1 pictures, good to see Chisato lives and with Walnut doing the hacking they can literally go anywhere and even get first class tickets what hack, Majima is still out there in Japan lurking in the shadows
Mar 4, 2023 1:59 PM
Apr 2018
A decent satisfying ending i guess. 
Mika stepped up like a Dad and did what he had to do for chisato. The only thing i can think for yoshi san is he wanted to cut off his ties with chisato as the "savior" since alan institute and him made her for being a killing machine, in the end he still had a soft spot for her and wanted a new life for her. Mika did the right thing, he wouldnt chisato's conscious be burdened with yoshis sans death. Kurumi is right he is the scariest one. Resepects to him.
Wonder if Chisato will know the truth one day and also what happened to yoshi sans assistant since mika shot her with the special bullets. 
The fight was interesting and i must say i love the dynamics between Majima and Chisato almost to the point of shipping them, yea i know its weird, But if majima was on the good side they would definitely be like a great duo/team. Their talks were interesting and sharing their pov's during the break, sharing drinks etc. quite humorous as well. Unfortunately they still at each others throats and in the end takina manages to save chisato, Majima fools everyone with the fireworks and that just ticked off chisato, finally someone got the best of her xD 
Kind of foresaw there was not gonna be a dark ending with chisato's death and kinda glad she lives with the help of the new heart. Also i am happy mahima lived too, he kinda carried most of the show along with the girls and really an interesting character & he still hasnt changed. Hope to see him in the future if theres a s2. Matsuoka san did a phenomenal job with the va. 
Chisato is finally caught on her semi vacation, given the message by yoshi san has some nice wholesome sweet moments with takina on the beach. Back at the cafe everyone is happy to hear about chisato, including fuki whos a tsundere but cares for chisato too. hope she joins lycoreco in the future. 
Final scene with chisato opening a food truck in hawaii and all the gang together, pretty sweet tbh and away from the lycoris work for a change. Kurumi and mizuki just hillarious with their comedy till the end 

Good note to end the series.There were some questionable stuff but guess cant be helped. Overall good enjoyable show, characters were pretty interesting including antagonists. Majima my personal favorite. 
Hope to see more in the form of 2nd season to explore more stuff like alan institute and the Boys of lily bell really interested in them. 
Anyways loved the series and the girls, the art design, sound track especially the ED which is my favorite. good stuff from a-1 pictures Giving it a 8/10 
Mar 4, 2023 5:34 PM

May 2016
Did Mika really killed him? Man what a great show I haven't seen any mess up or bad animation scenes the entire show which is quite rare these days.
Mar 7, 2023 7:47 AM
Dec 2022
Where did this Hawaii scene come from
Mar 7, 2023 8:08 AM
May 2011
Kipo0007 said:
The only thing i can think for yoshi san is he wanted to cut off his ties with chisato as the "savior" since alan institute and him made her for being a killing machine, in the end he still had a soft spot for her and wanted a new life for her.
I don't think his goal was to make her disillusioned with him and the Alan Institute. He was very consistent and upfront about his belief that to waste one's talent was the ultimate sin. He felt responsible for Chisato's refusal to take life, so he did everything he could to get her to see the light (aka kill people), and the "new life" he saw for her was one where she found "true happiness" through the expression of her talent.
Mar 7, 2023 8:27 AM
Apr 2018
Fail_Man_X said:
Kipo0007 said:
The only thing i can think for yoshi san is he wanted to cut off his ties with chisato as the "savior" since alan institute and him made her for being a killing machine, in the end he still had a soft spot for her and wanted a new life for her.
I don't think his goal was to make her disillusioned with him and the Alan Institute. He was very consistent and upfront about his belief that to waste one's talent was the ultimate sin. He felt responsible for Chisato's refusal to take life, so he did everything he could to get her to see the light (aka kill people), and the "new life" he saw for her was one where she found "true happiness" through the expression of her talent.

Hmm makes sense. Since the pendant box had a letter for her with the implication he planned his death with her hands but Mika intervened and did the deed instead and tore the letter away.
Mar 12, 2023 4:40 AM
Apr 2016
One of the best animes I've seen in a long while!
Mar 12, 2023 4:41 AM
Feb 2023
very very good afaasffafasfasfsa
Mar 13, 2023 2:51 AM

Feb 2022
Aloooooha! hoping for a 2nd season or Movie!
Mar 13, 2023 10:15 PM
Apr 2022
I love how the fight between Majima and Chisato ended up with the chemistry between the two. The ending gave a resolved feeling and overall the relationship with Takina and Chisato is really wholesome and cute.
Mar 18, 2023 8:20 AM
Oct 2021
Pretty nice to watch i hope a second season comes asap
Mar 18, 2023 6:59 PM
Mar 2022
tense action. cute interactions
Mar 22, 2023 12:03 PM
Mar 2023
I did not like.
I don't like it when men alone are portrayed as evil.
Mar 23, 2023 12:52 AM

Jul 2022
Aloha, I guess...
Mar 28, 2023 2:27 AM
Nov 2020
tho one of the other gay couple died, at least it dosent repeat ey?? nice show. 10/10. would watch this again.
Mar 29, 2023 10:38 AM

Jul 2021
I want season two, where it's just a slice-of-life anime on Hawaii.

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

338 by PYuyles »»
Apr 19, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

218 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2022

200 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2022

222 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

207 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.