Forum Settings
Forums

Gen Urobuchi's 'Eisen Flügel' Light Novel Gets Anime Movie

Sep 24, 2:28 AM
#1
DB Admin
Overkilled Red

Offline
Aug 2013
6805
The Aniplex Online Fest 2022 event announced an anime movie adaptation of Gen Urobuchi's Eisen Flügel light novel on Saturday. Aniplex simultaneously launched an official website, revealing the production staff, a teaser promotional video, and teaser visual (pictured).

Urobuchi penned the light novel in two volumes under Shogakukan's Gagaga Bunko label in July and December 2009, featuring illustrations by Higashiguchi Chuuou (Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi).

Anno Nanakamado began a manga adaptation in HiBaNa magazine in May 2016 before transferring it to the MangaONE smartphone application in December 2017, where in concluded in September 2018. Shogakukan published the manga in four volumes between September 2016 and November 2018.

Staff
Chief Director: Seiji Mizushima (Rakuen Tsuihou)
Director: Daizen Komatsuda (Bubuki Buranki)
Script: Yukie Sugawara (Overlord), Seiji Mizushima
Original Character Design: Takashi Takeuchi (Fate/stay night)
Character Design: Keigo Sasaki (Nanatsu no Taizai)
Mechanical Design: Kanetake Ebikawa (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans), Takayuki Yanase (Mobile Suit Gundam 00), Fumihiro Katagai (Princess Principal)
Dragon Design: Tatsuya Yoshikawa (Bubuki Buranki design)
Art Director: Kusanagi (Guilty Crown art design)
Design Research: Seiichi Shirato (Drifters)
Music: Yuki Kajiura (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Distribution: Aniplex

Synopsis
In a world where dragons rule the skies, mankind still dreams about taking to the skies and dominating the heavens in their place. Even during wartime, the passionate young pilot Karl Schuniz pursues his dreams, taking up his steel wings—the revolutionary new aircraft, the Blitz Vogel—to challenge the Kaiser Drache, the fastest dragon capable of supersonic flight.

Teaser PV


Official site: https://eisen-flugel.com/
Official Twitter: @eisen__flugel

Source: Comic Natalie

Eisen Flügel on MAL
VindstotSep 24, 3:23 AM

Sep 24, 2:31 AM
#2

Offline
Aug 2020
2878
Dragons? Sounds pretty cool. I haven't seen many dragon-related anime.




「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」


Sep 24, 2:39 AM
#3

Offline
Apr 2012
12928
How much does this match Gen's favorite cliches? Innocent character suffering, existential villains, grimdark, lesbian fanservice? In any case, it's interesting that it got an adaptation after 10+ years.
Sep 24, 2:42 AM
#4
Online
Jun 2021
1189
Vindstot said:
The Aniplex Online Fest 2022 event announced an anime movie adaptation of Gen Urobuchi's Eisen Flügel light novel on Saturday. Aniplex simultaneously launched an official website, revealing the production staff, a teaser promotional video, and teaser visual (pictured).

Urobuchi penned the light novel in two volumes under Shogakukan's Gagaga Bunko label in July and December 2009, featuring illustrations by Higashiguchi Chuuou (Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi).

Anno Nanakamado began a manga adaptation in HiBaNa magazine in May 2016 before transferring it to the MangaONE smartphone application in December 2017, where in concluded in September 2018. Shogakukan published the manga in four volumes between September 2016 and November 2018.

Staff
Chief Director: Seiji Mizushima (Rakuen Tsuihou)
Director: Daizen Komatsuda (Bubuki Buranki)
Script: Yukie Sugawara (Overlord), Seiji Mizushima
Original Character Design: Takashi Takeuchi (Fate/stay night)
Character Design: Keigo Sasaki (Nanatsu no Taizai)
Mechanical Design: Kanetake Ebikawa (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans), Takayuki Yanase (Mobile Suit Gundam 00), Fumihiro Katagai (Princess Principal)
Dragon Design: Tatsuya Yoshikawa (Bubuki Buranki design)
Art Director: Kusanagi (Guilty Crown art design)
Design Research: Seiichi Shirato (Drifters)
Music: Yuki Kajiura (Kimetsu no Yaiba)
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Distribution: Aniplex

Synopsis
In a world where dragons rule the skies, mankind still dreams about taking to the skies and dominating the heavens in their place. Even during wartime, the passionate young pilot Karl Schuniz pursues his dreams, taking up his steel wings—the revolutionary new aircraft, the Blitz Vogel—to challenge the Kaiser Drache, the fastest dragon capable of supersonic flight.

Teaser PV


Official site: https://eisen-flugel.com/
Official Twitter: @eisen__flugel

Source: Comic Natalie


So, Area 88 and Yukikaze but with dragons? I'm in.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Sep 24, 2:42 AM
#5

Offline
Jan 2021
3180
RobertBobert said:
How much does this match Gen's favorite cliches? Innocent character suffering, existential villains, grimdark, lesbian fanservice? In any case, it's interesting that it got an adaptation after 10+ years.

Thats what I want to know as well. Is it as dark as his other works. If so then this looks interesting.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 24, 2:44 AM
#6
The Komori

Offline
Mar 2013
7077
All I needee to see was my favorite Japanese animation writer The Urobutcher....I'm hyped af
Sep 24, 2:44 AM
#7

Offline
Mar 2015
7847
God the male mc? looks like Gudao. The other characters look alright though, seems like Takeuchi is actually capable of good character design if he wants to.
Sep 24, 2:44 AM
#8

Offline
Apr 2012
12928
FZREMAKE said:
RobertBobert said:
How much does this match Gen's favorite cliches? Innocent character suffering, existential villains, grimdark, lesbian fanservice? In any case, it's interesting that it got an adaptation after 10+ years.

Thats what I want to know as well. Is it as dark as his other works. If so then this looks interesting.


And his magnum opus as a writer for VN still hasn't even got an OVA.
Sep 24, 2:54 AM
#9
Offline
Jan 2009
81854
ye this is hype material
Sep 24, 3:01 AM

Offline
Jan 2021
3180
RobertBobert said:
FZREMAKE said:

Thats what I want to know as well. Is it as dark as his other works. If so then this looks interesting.


And his magnum opus as a writer for VN still hasn't even got an OVA.

Are you talking about saya no uta. That stuff is gruesome and scary.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 24, 3:05 AM

Offline
Feb 2021
3620
Great news!

It looks gorgeous! Feels like I watch Fate with dragons!

Takeuchi designs and Kajiura awesome music are a sure win!
Sep 24, 3:18 AM

Offline
Oct 2018
1483
Now, this is some hype stuff. Kajiura and Mizushima also on this.
Sep 24, 3:30 AM

Offline
Feb 2017
2625
Never heard of this Urobuchi thing. Seems interesting. Will look forward to it.
Sep 24, 4:02 AM
Offline
May 2021
8
The OST is so distinctly Yuki Kajiura. Takashi Takeuchi art style is also recognisable.
Sep 24, 4:09 AM

Offline
Oct 2017
16340
It's from Gen Urobuchi, so should be a good watch.
Sep 24, 4:17 AM

Offline
Apr 2020
122
A-1, Gen Urobuchi, Yuki Kajiura. Hmm, interesting.
Sep 24, 4:53 AM

Offline
Jun 2019
5280
Looks beautiful... I will be watching.
Sep 24, 5:19 AM

Online
Jul 2021
5914
The visual looks appealing
big 3 ranking :
1. One Piece
2. Bleach
3. Naruto
Sep 24, 5:29 AM

Offline
Dec 2017
24537
So Gen Urobuchi plus drakengard equals this interesting.
Sep 24, 6:58 AM

Offline
May 2017
793
Hisone to Maso-tan but less moe and more suffering.
Sep 24, 8:41 AM

Offline
Nov 2008
27381
This needs a game badly, I for one would love a fantasy Air Strike Patrol or Ace Combat where you can fight dragons in modern aircraft.


Sep 24, 11:07 AM

Offline
Feb 2021
3620
Hoppy said:
This needs a game badly, I for one would love a fantasy Air Strike Patrol or Ace Combat where you can fight dragons in modern aircraft.

I agree. It wouldbe an awesome game to play!
Sep 24, 12:57 PM
Offline
Jan 2017
1029
I watched the Godzilla anime trilogy, so I gotta ask: is this gonna be dark and gritty almost to the point of misanthropy? Because if it is, I will sit this one out.

I'll take the sincerity of Genndy Tartakovsky over the cynicism of Gen Urobuchi, any day, no questions asked.

Go watch Primal. It's much better than the Godzilla anime trilogy.
Sep 24, 6:10 PM

Offline
Mar 2014
1544
So dragon and airplanes... Intriguing
Sep 24, 7:06 PM

Offline
Mar 2019
273
I don't know why but when I saw the words "dragon desing" on screen watching the reveal I burst out in laughter. The movie has a lot of cool names attached to it.

The male main character looks the same as any other male character desinged by Takashi Takeuchi, which is to be expected because all of his desings have the same four faces anyway. If only the male main character didn't have the same haircut as any of the other Type-Moon male mc's. Anyway really looking forward to this.
Sep 25, 7:51 AM
Offline
Oct 2020
154
Are we get a plot twist, like in his previous works such as Gaim, Puella Madoka & Fate/0 ?
Sep 25, 8:04 AM

Offline
Aug 2014
327
Yuki and Gen. Hopefully it’s more Fate/Zero and less Aldnoah.Zero.

More topics from this board

» Osamu Tezuka's 'Hi no Tori' Manga Gets Anime in 2023

Hyperion_PS - Nov 30

16 by Naruleach »»
39 minutes ago

» 'Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!' Unveils Additional Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Nov 27

15 by korewaItai »»
1 hour ago

» Director Naoko Yamada Helms 'Kimi no Iro' Original Anime Movie in Fall 2023

Vindstot - Yesterday

8 by VivavideoUser2x »»
2 hours ago

» Smartphone Game '#COMPASS [COMbat Providence AnalysiS System]' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

2 by Stars-Soul »»
2 hours ago

» 'Shi Cao Lao Long Bei Guan Yi E Long Zhi Ming' Japanese Dub Reveals Additional Cast, Opening Theme, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

3 by Memore »»
4 hours ago