Jul 2019
Finally a sequel, happiness!!!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Sep 24, 12:11 PM

Apr 2020
Holy FFFF this just made my evening
Sep 24, 12:55 PM
Jan 2017
This show was fun back in its heyday, but it's been almost 3 years since this franchise had an animated adaptation, whether as a movie or a TV show. Hopefully, there will be enough excitement to ensure the continued existence of this franchise.
Sep 24, 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
yes! seriously yes! i definitely will check this one out when it happens! :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 24, 3:44 PM

Dec 2014
I would be more surprised if this didn't get sequel due to how popular it was :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 24, 6:09 PM

Mar 2014
Omg I can't believe it, yes yes yes this is exactly what I want. Let's fcking gooooooo
Sep 24, 6:33 PM

Sep 2018
I am so excited for more of this!
Sep 24, 8:29 PM
Jan 2016
Looking forward to this I greatly enjoyed the movie
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Sep 24, 9:47 PM

Jul 2017
Late on the news because of the Hurricane causing power cuts but nice to see this get a sequel. I'm not the biggest fan of the writing in this series but I do love Mai and Sakuta's interactions for the most part so for that alone, there's something to look forward to. Just finished volume 8 a few weeks back when it released in English, and I can see some potential in the series trying to have its characters grow.
Sep 25, 7:56 AM
Jan 2017
This show was a lot of fun back when I watched it. Hopefully, this sequel will be just as fun.
Sep 25, 9:01 AM
Oct 2020
After 4 years to aired in 1st season, it's time to get 2nd season
Sep 27, 8:19 PM
Mar 2018
I don't know man I liked how the 1st season ended, I'm afraid that a sequel might ruin it.
Sep 28, 2:43 PM
Apr 2021
MadanielFL said:
Well time to read the light novels now, I've been planning to for a very long time.

The LN is pretty good. You find all that's good about the anime with more depth and inner thoughts. Less a "Light" than a "Novel" to me.
Sep 28, 2:53 PM
Apr 2021
El-Melloi said:
I wonder what part of Monogatari is going to get plagiarized this time. I recently rewatched what had already been adapted and it was as average as I remembered so I have zero expectations for this sequel.

Well, having watched both shows (at least Bakemonogatari but that was enough), I can only say that if Seishun Buta Yarou is plagiarizing Monogatari (which I doubt as the overlap between the two shows is very thin), the former largely surpassed the later in my eyes.
Sep 29, 4:01 AM

May 2015
@rvdboom I would recommend skimming through this page: https://myanimelist.net/recommendations/anime/5081-37450
Sep 29, 4:39 AM
Apr 2021

And? All the similarities described are general at best and you can find the same in many other shows.
In the details (where Hell is) : the tone is different, the emotional connection to the characters is different, the way the events are relatable to real-life situation is different, the dialogs have a completely different feeling, the use of fantastic events is completely different (it's actually pretty anecdotal in Aobuta), the graphics are different, the voice acting is completely different, the direction is different, the music feeling is completely different and the general ambiance is different.
I don't even understand why people would recommend Monogatari to Aobuta lovers: personally, I loved the second but was bored to tears by the first. They are altogether completely different types of shows and liking one does not in my opinion at all guarantee that you'll like the other.
Sep 30, 3:22 PM
Oct 2019
Seeing Mai and Sakuta once again is just enough for me to watch it.

First season and the movie packed up and finalized everything quite masterfully in my opinion but I also wonder what the writer has to offer.
Oct 2, 1:44 AM

Mar 2014
only 2 volumes so its another movie.
cant wait to watch it.
Oct 9, 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
i cannot wait for more bunny girl
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Kizuna no Allele' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 29 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
29 minutes ago

» ONA 'Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya' Receives Third Season

Hyperion_PS - 57 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Eiyuuou, Bu wo Kiwameru Tame Tenseisu' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by EcchiGodMamster »»
1 hour ago

» Japan's Yearly Manga and Light Novel Rankings for 2022

Snow - Yesterday

18 by AnimeFA78N »»
2 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Hidarikiki no Eren' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

12 by Ramkec »»
3 hours ago