Forum Settings
Forums

'Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo

New
Sep 22, 2022 4:27 AM

Jul 2020
The official website of the television anime adaptation of Nana Mikoshiba's Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu: Sekai Saikyou no Majutsushi de Aru Shounen wa, Majutsu Gakuin ni Nyuugaku suru (The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World) light novel revealed the main cast, staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and a teaser promotional video on Thursday. The anime series will premiere in January 2023 on TBS and BS11.

Cast
Ray White: Junya Enoki (Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!)
Amelia Rose: Iori Saeki (Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road)
Elisa Griffith: Nana Harumura (Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon)

Staff
Director, Series Composition, Sound Director: Masahiro Takata (Tenkuu Shinpan)
Character Design: Makoto Shimojima (Kingdom 2nd Season)
Art Director: Ayumi Kojima (Studio Recess) (Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru episode art director)
Director of Photography: Natsumi Uchida (Animo Caramel) (Tensai Ouji no Akaji Kokka Saisei Jutsu)
Music: Tatsuhiko Saiki (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... X), Natsumi Tabuchi (Adachi to Shimamura)
Production Cooperation: Yokohama Animation Lab
Studio: Cloud Hearts

Mikoshiba began writing the action fantasy light novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2019. Kodansha began publishing the series under its Lanove Bunko imprint the following July, featuring illustrations by Riko Korie (Juuou Mujin no Fafnir). The fifth volume shipped on May 2, with the sixth volume scheduled to ship on October 3.

Norihito Sasaki began drawing a manga adaptation on the Magazine Pocket platform in June 2020. Kodansha published the ninth volume on July 8, with the tenth volume scheduled for a October 7 release.

Kodansha US licensed the manga adaptation in English in October 2021 for digital release and published the second volume last December.

Teaser PV

Official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/hyouken/
Official Twitter: @hyouken_pr

Source: animate Times
no
Sep 22, 2022 5:03 AM

Feb 2021
Despire rather cliche genre, trailer is intriguing. And Junya Enoki as the main character. I will watch it.
Sep 22, 2022 6:09 AM

Apr 2012
Are the action magic academies LN still alive? I thought that this genre gradually died out amid the popularity of isekai as a new mainstream genre of male fantasy LN.
RobertBobertSep 22, 2022 6:15 AM
Sep 22, 2022 6:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I like these action/magic based fantasy LN series so I'll watch this
Sep 22, 2022 6:44 AM
Jan 2020
Wow these kind of shows are still a thing? They're generic as ever lmao
Sep 22, 2022 6:50 AM

Feb 2021
Ronninn said:

They are popular in Japan and to promote the novel.
Sep 22, 2022 6:51 AM
Jan 2020
Memore said:
Ronninn said:

and isekai have pretty much replaced them for the past couple of years, we used to have hundreds of mahouka every season
Sep 22, 2022 7:00 AM

Feb 2021
Ronninn said:
Memore said:

and isekai have pretty much replaced them for the past couple of years, we used to have hundreds of mahouka every season

Yes, you are right. Anyway, this series seems interesting for me.
Sep 22, 2022 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
Am I going crazy or didn't we saw this one before ?
Sep 23, 2022 8:07 AM

Oct 2015
Ronninn said:
Memore said:

I hang out in the LN community~

Isekai has started to go down. Romcoms will be the new trend.
Romcoms have outnumbered the number of isekais.

Well, there are a ton of non-isekai fantasy LNs.

Oh, Mahouka LN is still going strong in Japan for some reason.
Sep 23, 2022 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
NewestPersonHere said:
Ronninn said:

I hang out in the LN community~

Isekai has started to go down. Romcoms will be the new trend.
Romcoms have outnumbered the number of isekais.

Well, there are a ton of non-isekai fantasy LNs.

Oh, Mahouka LN is still going strong in Japan for some reason.

LN rom-coms have always been a hit, except for the last couple of years they rarely got adaptations as the studios preferred the manga. As for Mahouka, I think it's still a classic OP MC + good level of intrigue, so that's understandable.
Sep 23, 2022 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
RobertBobert said:
Are the action magic academies LN still alive? I thought that this genre gradually died out amid the popularity of isekai as a new mainstream genre of male fantasy LN.
it's been slowly resurging actually we've had a few this season alone that are action magic academies.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 23, 2022 5:12 PM

Apr 2012
GrimAtrament said:
RobertBobert said:
it's been slowly resurging actually we've had a few this season alone that are action magic academies.

Can you give their names? I'm building a stack based on this subgenre. Other than Vermeil, it's a manga.
Sep 23, 2022 5:17 PM

Feb 2010
RobertBobert said:
GrimAtrament said:

Can you give their names? I'm building a stack based on this subgenre. Other than Vermeil, it's a manga.

Vermeil is one of the ones i was thinking of the other i've not actually seen, but it's called Mahoutsukai Reimeiki, and another was Smile of the Arsnotoria and then date a alive had it's final season recently same with strike blood.

actually is Mahoutsukai Reimeiki and Smile of the Arsnotoria this season? kinda lost track of seasons lately from working retail nightshift. it is still summer season right? seeing as fall isn't untill next month
what fking hell i must be tired. it's September now.
GrimAtramentSep 23, 2022 5:20 PM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 23, 2022 5:19 PM

Apr 2012
GrimAtrament said:
RobertBobert said:

Vermeil is one of the ones i was thinking of the other i've not actually seen, but it's called Mahoutsukai Reimeiki and then date a alive had it's final season recently same with strike blood.

actually is Mahoutsukai Reimeiki this season? kinda lost track of seasons lately from working retail nightshift.

Are you talking about that spin-off of the show, which turned out to be pretty good despite the constant confusion with ReZero? I wanted to watch it a few times, but I'm still not in the mood. Also, are you talking about Strike the Blood? I haven't watched this show, is it also about a magic academy?
Sep 23, 2022 5:24 PM

Feb 2010
RobertBobert said:
GrimAtrament said:

Vermeil is one of the ones i was thinking of the other i've not actually seen, but it's called Mahoutsukai Reimeiki and then date a alive had it's final season recently same with strike blood.

actually is Mahoutsukai Reimeiki this season? kinda lost track of seasons lately from working retail nightshift.

Are you talking about that spin-off of the show, which turned out to be pretty good despite the constant confusion with ReZero? I wanted to watch it a few times, but I'm still not in the mood. Also, are you talking about Strike the Blood? I haven't watched this show, is it also about a magic academy?

strike the blood was turend into an OVA series in japan because it had a ton of nudity i think their were other reasons as well. it's a magic school/ city series revoling around a boy who gets vampire lord powers takes place in modern times.

date alive had another season after the spin off series https://myanimelist.net/anime/41461/Date_A_Live_IV
loooks like it's not it's final season though another one was announced it looks like.

the other one was this one https://myanimelist.net/anime/48842/Mahoutsukai_Reimeiki?q=Mahoutsukai%20Reimeiki%20&cat=anime

Sep 23, 2022 5:26 PM

Dec 2014
Art looks pretty decent, in what ever case thats another isekai i have to watch (It is an isekai even if its not lets be honest)

Sep 23, 2022 5:31 PM

Apr 2012
GrimAtrament said:
RobertBobert said:

strike the blood was turend into an OVA series in japan because it had a ton of nudity i think their were other reasons as well. it's a magic school/ city series revoling around a boy who gets vampire lord powers takes place in modern times.

date alive had another season after the spin off series https://myanimelist.net/anime/41461/Date_A_Live_IV
loooks like it's not it's final season though another one was announced it looks like.

the other one was this one https://myanimelist.net/anime/48842/Mahoutsukai_Reimeiki?q=Mahoutsukai%20Reimeiki%20&cat=anime

Yes, it looks like it. Okay thanks. I have all these shows in my plans, so I'll keep that in mind when I get to them.
Sep 25, 2022 8:14 AM
Oct 2020
Spidey Tom Holland aka Yuji Itadori join isekai world x harem route

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
7 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.