Forum Settings
Forums
Sep 22, 12:21 AM

I often hear when fans are waiting a long while for the announcement of a anime sequel they say that if they were somewhat rich they would fund the sequel to be made. I'm just curious has that actually happened before or is such a thing not visible.

Sep 22, 12:28 AM

Fans funded the full TV version of Nekopara, which was only 1 OVA before.

Sep 22, 12:31 AM

IpreferEcchi said:
Fans funded the full TV version of Nekopara, which was only 1 OVA before.
A lot of Jashin Chan was crowdfunded. A few OVA’s and the whole 3rd season was crowdfunded.

Sep 22, 12:31 AM

Sonoda Ken'ichi new project was crowdfunded but apparently that was kinda disappointing. The second Little Witch Academia short film was crowdfunded. Other than that, I've only heard of crowdfunded home releases and crowdfunded dubs.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST

Sep 22, 12:35 AM
Emma: A Victorian Romance has crowdfunded dubs for it two seasons. Here is the link to forum discussion.
Modified by Barry_Allen_14, Sep 22, 12:38 AM
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune

Sep 22, 12:35 AM

When I win the lottery we're getting the sequel where Taiga and Ryuuji have triplets.
Taiga best girl forever.

Sep 22, 5:06 PM

I once made a donation to the crowd fundings for jashin Chan s2
Being this blessed is a lonely way to be., It's a burden of being a wonderful Neet like me...

Sep 22, 6:10 PM

It's not the same, I get it, though for interesting trivia sake, Re:Cycle of the Penguindrum had it's crowdfunding campaign goal of ¥10M backed in 150~ seconds.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-04-09/penguindrum-crowdfunding-campaign-meets-goal-in-3-minutes/.171596

Sep 22, 6:19 PM

Third season of Jashin-chan, which just literally finished airing was entirely crowfunded.
I do not respond to toxicity, so don't bother.

Sep 22, 6:40 PM

Quite a few were crowdfunded, but that obviously means the people in charge of the anime were the ones organizing it. I remember one time a rich CEO tried to fund a ReZero spinoff, but that never happened. I'd guess it would be harder to actually commission a sequel into existence than it is to just join in to help fund a project that the creators of the first season already want to do. I know that big companies like Netflix are able to commission anime into existence, but as a rich individual you'd probably see more resistance. I'm not even sure how easy it is for Netlfix, but they probably have employees dedicated towards things like that.

Sep 22, 7:03 PM

I funded the pseudo-beach episode in Princess Connect S2, that's all I'll say about that

Sep 22, 7:23 PM

Iirc, the Little Witch Academia: Enchanted Parade OVA was crowdfunded after the original LWA short (part of the Young Animator Training Project's lineup) managed to garner enough popularity, and then the OVA itself was successful enough to eventually spawn the full-length 25-Ep. TV series.
Modified by Stygian_Prisoner, Sep 22, 7:29 PM
Mystical Eggplant Nagato Yuki says: "Be not afraid, my child, for i bring naught but nutritious blessings upon thee."

Sep 22, 8:02 PM

Not a sequel, but I'm a part of the reason why Redline was made.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Sep 22, 11:11 PM

Yes, I donate a large percentage of my shitcoins rug pull gains to Netflix so there will be a third season of Kengan Ashura.

Sep 24, 9:19 AM

big day for gambling addicts and child molestors with a holier than thou rules for thee never for me double standards everywhere with another fate anime as well as also a genshit anime as well too

Sep 24, 9:20 AM

EndlessMaria said:
EndlessMaria said:

I wanna marry you right now for helping make one of the most epic underated movies ever.

More topics from this board

» Why aren't YOU watching Gundam: The Witch from Mercury? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - 3 hours ago

70 by King_KK »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Does the predictability ruin the enjoyment of the series?

nishant0 - 5 hours ago

20 by Roevhaal »»
2 minutes ago

» Question to MAL's girls ( 1 2 3 )

RobertBobert - Aug 9

113 by RobertBobert »»
8 minutes ago

» What kind of characters do you LOVE and what kind of characters do you HATE

Ren-sama- - Yesterday

21 by Morphun »»
8 minutes ago

» Harem anime is very predictable and repetitive