Forum Settings
Forums

When you finish a series, is the next series you pick typically similar to what you just finished or do you pick something that's a polar opposite?

Poll: What do you typically do after finishing a show?

Sep 21, 10:55 PM

Say you finish a cute little sol, do you typically watch a series similar that's more cute or do you try to get as different as possible, like going from something cute and innocent to your next show being violent/scary or gory?
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.

Sep 21, 11:13 PM

Watch something in the same genre/style (your vote), and I have multiple genre sequences at the same time.

Sep 21, 11:32 PM

I usually try to mix it up a bit and not watch similar series in succession. Occasionally I might do if I feel like it though.

Sep 21, 11:33 PM

Usually I just pick whichever looks interesting regardless of the genre, but if I find multiple interesting anime at once, I pick the one with different genre first.

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥

Sep 21, 11:38 PM

Tbh I just choose whatever I feel like watching. I finished watching TTGL (that is literally an intergalactic mecha fighting anime) and then I decided it was time to start watching Bakemonogatari (I don't even know how to describe this shit, it is basically how the mc, that was at one point a vampire, just randomly encounters girls that have had some supernatural shit happen to them). But I may also just watch 2 romcoms in a row. Whatever I want in that moment.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)

Sep 22, 3:44 AM

My favorite genres being dark(psychological, horror, gore etc) and sol/romcom, I mostly watch the opposite genre after finishing a show

Sep 22, 3:48 AM

Completely random with no observable patterns. Apart from the time I decided to watch every 80s and 90s OVA I could find.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST

Sep 22, 3:51 AM

Usually the polar opposite I like to alternate genres.

Sep 22, 4:04 AM

I just pick something random that I'm in the mood for.

Sep 22, 4:12 AM

I usually choose something opposite, lately I also began alternating decades, like, an anime from 80s/90s, then an anime from 10s, then back to 80s/90s and so on

Sep 22, 9:38 AM

No, I don't go for something similar to what I just finished.

Sep 22, 3:09 PM

I choose to watch whatever interests me, regardless of genre, despite the fact that I've been interested in the same things since I began watching.

──────────── ✦ ────────────
Anime List | Forum Set

Sep 22, 3:55 PM

maybe not opposite but different, in tone, genre, decade. if i watched 2 very similiar anime at the same time thay would totally mix in my head (which can be cool but not if you try to remeber them separately)

Sep 22, 4:12 PM

maybe not opposite, but certainly different.
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

Watch this if you like made in abyss, or just want a great one shot recommendation: https://youtu.be/gYJAAJIz4nY

Guilty Reflection || a short horror story that I wrote: https://youtu.be/cWaOqsyAOlY

Sep 22, 4:13 PM
I just watch whichever on my watch list, disregarding the genre/style.

Sep 22, 4:14 PM

Usually slightly similar, but not completely. Like I just recently finished a slice of life that was more iyashikei, so now I'm watching slice of life but with more drama elements. And then I think next I'll watch something that has a bit more action? So I kind of use slice of life/iyashikei (my fave genre) as a breather from more action-intense shows. I also like watching iyashikei one episode at a time- while also watching a show with more action, for that reason, too.

And then there are times when I just feel like a certain genre in particular, so I try not to think about it too much. Though, I've noticed I'm happier gradually shifting towards a totally different genre than immediately going for something that's completely the opposite. In the best case scenario, it takes me a little longer to 'settle in' to that totally different genre, and in the worst case, it feels really jarring. So that's why I pick the way I do.

"If you don't like pain, stand still.
I'll finish you off nice and quickly!"

✧✧✧✧✧✧
profile watching deliveriesart credit

Sep 22, 4:18 PM

It depends.

I watched fumetsu no anata e recently and craved something similar so i gave a try to Dororo, and loved it. it wasn't exactly similar in genre but i liked the recommandation.

Sep 22, 4:35 PM

I tend to watch different genres always, try not to follow up a mystery anime with another mystery setting.

Maybe try sleeping?

Sep 22, 4:37 PM

I scroll down my PTW and something generally catches my eye.
Taiga best girl forever.

Sep 22, 5:05 PM

It depends on my mood. For now, I'm still in the mood for ecchi shows, even though it's starting to get boring now since I'm at the point where the avg. score of a show is at 6/10. Well, I just wanna feel horny at all times and I love seeing pretty girls as much as possible.

Sep 22, 5:07 PM

I would watch I whatever I'm into, so polar opposite for me

Sep 22, 5:25 PM
I usually stick to Slice of Life, CGDCT, romance, drama, POV shows or whatever quirky stuff I can find these days and if they have different concepts within that than sure. I barely care for action shows at all. I have questioned mystery at point but haven't even started yet when I should have with Sakuaro-san when it came out and still haven't I need to get onto it and never going to bother with horror.

Other than a sequel season to something I cared about that was an action/harem or reverse isekai I don't care for new ones these dazs. Examples being Date A Live S3 & 4, Devil is a Part Timer S2, Log Horizon S3, those shows fit that sort of "I'll continue them but do I want to start a new series no" type of situation.

If it's a second season of a show from more recent then sure I'll watch the next season but mostly I've been just watching whatever in the same realm than my 'everything to check out 2014 to 2016' phase being the my 2014 was my start to anime and I've started to wined down on other genres and focus on what I do care about.

Sep 22, 6:02 PM
El Psy Sadness

I usually alternate between light-hearted and more serious, heavy shows. Makes binging easier on the soul

More topics from this board

» I have a great idea of a controversial isekai

LainPlush - 1 hour ago

8 by LainPlush »»
32 seconds ago

» Anime that is purely a passion project ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Jan 25

69 by Crow_Black »»
2 minutes ago

» Would Makima be less popular if...

LainPlush - 2 hours ago

13 by Catalano »»
7 minutes ago

» What is your favorite non-original anime whose original source is not LN or manga?

RobertBobert - Sep 28

17 by konkelo »»
8 minutes ago

» Whats the series you collect the most merch for? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crow_Black - Oct 12, 2021

309 by D_D_DJ »»
10 minutes ago