Forum Settings
Forums

'The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki Northern War' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo

New
Sep 21, 2022 10:05 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official website of the television anime adaptation of Nihon Falcom's Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki (The Legend of the Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel) role-playing game series unveiled the main cast, staff, a promotional video and key visual (pictured) on Wednesday. The anime is scheduled to broadcast in 2023.

Cast
Lavian Winslet: Makoto Koichi (Lycoris Recoil)
Martin S. Robinson: Yuuichi Nakamura (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Iselia Frost: Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Date A Live II)
Talion Drake: Yuuki Ono (Hataraku Maou-sama!)

Staff
Director: Hidekazu Satou (Nobunaga the Fool)
Animation Story Verification: Mao Emura
Series Composition: Hideki Ryouga, Mao Emura
Original Character Design: Shoji Hara (11eyes character design)
Character Design: Mina Oosawa (Given)
Studio: Tatsunoko Production

The anime project is a collaboration between Nihon Falcom, Taiwanese game company UserJoy, Funimation Global Group, Content Fund SYOU, and anime planning company NADA Holdings.

Nihon Falcom published the first game in the series in Japan for the Playstation 3 and Vita in September 2013, followed by the PlayStation 4 in March 2018. The game was released for the Playstation 3 and Vita in North America by XSEED in December 2015 and Europe by NIS America in January 2016.

The fourth and latest installment of the game series, Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki IV - The End of Saga, launched for the Playstation 4 in Japan in September 2018. The game was later released on PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe in October 2020.

PV

Official site: https://sen-anime.jp/
Official Twitter: @sen_animejp

Source: Comic Natalie
Hyperion_PSSep 21, 2022 10:09 AM
Sep 21, 2022 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
I wonder how many characters from the original franchise will be in this adaptation if it uses the original protagonist. I don't really want to repeat the fate of Tales of, whose adaptations and modern games attract more shippers than actual gamers.
Sep 21, 2022 11:20 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Idk what this is but I'm very intrigued
Sep 21, 2022 11:21 AM
Sep 2017
RobertBobert said:
I wonder how many characters from the original franchise will be in this adaptation if it uses the original protagonist. I don't really want to repeat the fate of Tales of, whose adaptations and modern games attract more shippers than actual gamers.

It's set between CS2 and CS3, and the PV shows Valimar, so that's Rean confirmed right there. Other characters known to have been in North Ambria at the time were Sara, Altina, and Aurelia. So at least four notable faces, plus one of the Thors branch students in CS3 and CS4 is North Ambrian, so we might see her too.

EDIT: Almost forgot, if we get a flashback to the Salt Pale appearing, we might even very well get a Weissmann cameo, though naturally if he doesn't get that flashback cameo he won't be showing up at all, because this is set a good few years after Sky SC
TARDISESSep 21, 2022 11:25 AM
Sep 21, 2022 11:27 AM
Dec 2017
here comes another twewy failed adaptation i can already see it

Sep 21, 2022 11:38 AM

Apr 2012
TARDISES said:
RobertBobert said:

It's set between CS2 and CS3, and the PV shows Valimar, so that's Rean confirmed right there. Other characters known to have been in North Ambria at the time were Sara, Altina, and Aurelia. So at least four notable faces, plus one of the Thors branch students in CS3 and CS4 is North Ambrian, so we might see her too.

EDIT: Almost forgot, if we get a flashback to the Salt Pale appearing, we might even very well get a Weissmann cameo, though naturally if he doesn't get that flashback cameo he won't be showing up at all, because this is set a good few years after Sky SC

I really want to see adaptations of original games from them as I love big jRPGs. But as I said, after Tales Of, I'm afraid that it will attract the most inappropriate audience.
Sep 21, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2021
Looks interesting. I will watch this series.
Sep 21, 2022 11:59 AM
Jan 2017
Hoping to see my goats rean and valimar in this!
Sep 21, 2022 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
Logically on top of Valimar &
shown in the trailer,we can expect
I believe we were never told who were the other high ranked bracers involved outside of
so we may know more than her in there. Can't remember if
was involved bracer side as well, it may be the case.
AshenChivalier said:
Hoping to see my goats rean and valimar in this!

Valimar is already in the trailer
Sep 21, 2022 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
I've always been interested in the situation between ToCS2 and ToCS3 with North Ambria.

Hopefully this means some Aurelia cameoservice. (And Valerie, too!)
JigsySep 21, 2022 1:30 PM
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Sep 21, 2022 1:29 PM

Jan 2013
Okay the main girl in the middle looks fine. Still though none of the old characters are in the trailer which is a bad sign. Yes I see Valimar but it's still a bad sign for their screentime when/if they show up. I sure hope I'm wrong and we see plenty of Rean and Altina working together in this.
Sep 21, 2022 4:07 PM

Jan 2018
Overall it looks pretty decent. It's good that were finally getting to see the Northern War. Hope we get some cameos from Rean, Sara, Altina, and Aurelia. Maybe even Van as well.

Sep 22, 2022 2:15 AM
Sep 2017
Mindnight said:
Overall it looks pretty decent. It's good that were finally getting to see the Northern War. Hope we get some cameos from Rean, Sara, Altina, and Aurelia. Maybe even Van as well.

Rean's already confirmed, we saw Valimar in the PV. Plus according to early fan translations of the synopsis on the site, the protags are actually investigating him anyway
Sep 22, 2022 12:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Mindnight said:

Indeed, but I m not too hyped for this otherwise, the trailer was odd at parts, some scenes felt poorly executed, maybe I was not fancing the design, but if dont put some decent budget on this...
Sep 23, 2022 5:23 PM

May 2012
I guess I better finish off the second game at least before watching this.
Sep 25, 2022 8:17 AM
Oct 2020
Oi Josuke x Mama Buccarati or 2 popuko's in war anime

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

34 by eblf2013 »»
1 minute ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
10 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.