Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 21, 2022 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
some of the audio mixing for Yume’s regular dialogue, not monologues, is ear-piercingly awful…its like her voices teeters from calm to like as if shes talking in a hollow empty shell and then to a loud robotic tone back and forth
dannymilkSep 21, 2022 10:54 AM
Sep 21, 2022 11:08 AM
Mar 2015
They may have lost the past but they are closer now than they were then
Sep 21, 2022 11:20 AM

May 2021
I wish they had focused more on the battle of claiming the position of elder sibling. Flashbacks were good, or at least better than the present. Monologues were excruciating to sit through.

Sep 21, 2022 11:21 AM

Dec 2012
I felt obligated to watch this anime to the end, really boring overall but I liked the fanservice

Thank god it's done
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 21, 2022 11:22 AM
Sep 2022
Season 2 is a must Please!
Sep 21, 2022 11:27 AM

Dec 2021
Dahnami said:
How to make a bad romcom
Step 1: Make a really dislikeable female mc
Step 2: Make the male mcs character dumb to make him be with female mc
Step 3: Make extremely likeable girl automatically lose in the second episode she's in
Step 4: Write bad backstory for mc's to literally make female mc look like a bitch
Step 5: cope that higashira didnt win (literally forgot all the characters names except higashira she literally was just that likeable)
The end

This reminds me of Kanojo Okarishimasu but it's the male MC that blows real hard while some girls are very bad while the best girl of the show has no chance to win.
Sep 21, 2022 12:01 PM
Sep 2021
love it, cant wait for the 2nd season
Sep 21, 2022 12:22 PM
Senpai

May 2021
hm. Episode 11 saved it for me a bit, it was okay overall. But i need to think about it for now.
6/10.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 21, 2022 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
It was rather interesting to have Yume declare to make Mizuto her own, starting with that kiss while the pair was watching the fireworks at that small shrine. The OST did a nice job in capturing the mood of the scene pretty nicely.

The last few minutes with Higashira and Kogure showing their annoyance with each other due to how much they hang around Mizuto was amusing. I also spotted Mizuto reading the SaeKano novel in the last few scenes of the episode, which was a nice touch. =)

Overall, I'm not too sure as to what I'll rate this series. It has its good moments, but also a share of moments that didn't hit the mark. The OP song is still a good tune and the likes of Minami and Higashira got more laughs out of me than both Mizuto and Yume combined most of the time. As a guilty pleasure, there are better choices, but this series did well for what it is worth.
Sep 21, 2022 12:32 PM

Nov 2014
This series turned out better than I expected. I mean, it's still just a forgettable romcom, but between fun characters, nice art and not being overly reliant on cliches, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Wouldn't mind 2nd season.
Sep 21, 2022 12:35 PM

Sep 2020
Really great finale! Especially the talk at the Shrine, they know about each other more than ever before, hope there's a s2!
Sep 21, 2022 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
ZER0PT said:
I expected a cringy romcom and that's what I got.
I nearly dropped it because of the towel scene of ep.1 but I powered it through and ep.11 saved it from being bad.
5/10.

"i don't touch grass, i watched 5000 animes, and all i do is complain about the most idiotic things in romcoms, how did you know?"
Sep 21, 2022 12:45 PM

Jan 2018
Madoka is such a tease. Wish there was more of her.

Really good ending I'd say. Fireworks festival in anime is cliche but whatever.

Watched this anime on a whim expecting another seasonal dumpsterfire. But it didn't meet my expectations at all but in a good way. This show's actually a lot better than I thought. If anything the absurd name only does the story disservice. It does have some cringy moments (as you'd expect from an absurd plot like this), especially around the beginning but around halfway through with the introduction of Higashira and all it gets a lot more interesting.

Wouldn't mind another season of this. I hope it gets a season 2. Mizuto and Yume need a proper ending. Would be sad if it's left open-ended.
Sep 21, 2022 1:02 PM

Feb 2011
Pretty boring anime all through out. Mizuto has the personality of a rock, Ayai is cute but pretty predictable.

The kiss was a cute scene.

6/10 overall, forgettable

Sep 21, 2022 1:24 PM

Mar 2022
Terrible end to a terrible series. Very forgettable, in few days I won't even remember watching this carp. The only good thing is that it is finally over. Final score 2/10. And that's me being generous.
Sep 21, 2022 1:26 PM

Aug 2020
I liked the series. The finale had its moments, but after seeing what CloverWorks did with the festival and fireworks in the last ep. of Sono Bisque Doll. . . I'm spoiled.
If/when Series 2 rolls around, I shall watch it.
No Signature File On Record.
Sep 21, 2022 1:29 PM

Jan 2016
If this didn't have such a bad name and bait premise, it would've gotten a MAL score of 7.40 at least.

But yea, it was a good romcom in my opinion. Yume grew up and realized her mistakes and looks like she's on full charge from now on.

7/10
Sep 21, 2022 1:39 PM

Dec 2016
To be honest, this is the best thing happened in the episode.
Megumi 😍😍
Sep 21, 2022 2:13 PM

Mar 2019
actually enjoyed the series a lot, it was simply entertaining...so really hope for a second season where they come together and everyone is happy
Sep 21, 2022 2:25 PM

Oct 2021
well, the first few episodes were good.
after sometime, it just felt like there was no development and now it just ended with them kissing while fireworks were in the sky, classic. the only 1minute development in one 24 minute episode, wasted 23 minutes of my life.
can't really give it anything better than a rating of 5 out of 10.
could've been better.
yes.
Sep 21, 2022 2:56 PM
Jan 2021
She is the first anime girl I have seen to take such initiative. I am jumping in unbridled joy.
Sep 21, 2022 2:56 PM

Apr 2020
AmaroX said:
ZER0PT said:
I expected a cringy romcom and that's what I got.
I nearly dropped it because of the towel scene of ep.1 but I powered it through and ep.11 saved it from being bad.
5/10.

"i don't touch grass, i watched 5000 animes, and all i do is complain about the most idiotic things in romcoms, how did you know?"

You're more cringe than the anime jeez.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 21, 2022 3:22 PM
May 2020
Let's be honest, this final could be better, we already know about Mizuto fell in love with Ayai since the beginning but, we can tell that Ayai is not the best end, I guess that everyone whos watched realize that Higashira deserves it much more it, I don't know why the whole Higashira construction was just forgotten like it was nothing in the end, this really have no sense.
Sep 21, 2022 3:31 PM
Aug 2021
At the end of it all I feel let down, I'll just leave it there.
Sep 21, 2022 3:39 PM

Jan 2021
Aesethyr said:
So this finally ended and with a fireworks festival (Oh I I guess I already saw this before, lol). I hoped we get a season 2. This is by far the best romcom this season.

So they broke up 2 years ago and not a few months. Now they could have been a step-siblings for a quite some time already. Yume finally understands Mizuto's circumstances. Clearly both learned some things after that breakup & it took them 2 years to finally talk about that break-up. Its either you call it as a "Closure" or another.

So Yume, how are you supposed to fight it? Make your parents get divorced?

Yes, this one and Ayumu, this was unexpectedly entertaining. I hope we get a S2 too
Sep 21, 2022 3:57 PM

Sep 2018
Got slightly worse as it progressed, found it pretty funny and entertaining in the first half. Then "Mr cool stoic guy" started getting on my nerves more and more and I didn't care much for the relationship afterwards. 6/10.
Sep 21, 2022 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
Finally this cringe fest is over
Sep 21, 2022 4:19 PM

Aug 2020
Nice finale. After all, they just can't hold their feelings towards one another. The kissing scene was cute, I'm interested in what can happen ahead.

Last scene in school was hilarious. This anime made my wednesday better, thank you for existing, Mamahaha.

Sep 21, 2022 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
Mizuto knowing Yume's password though...sheeesh my boy.

Honestly good past couple of episodes. It was nice to see some Yume development along with MIzuto FINALLY showing some emotion. After the fall back of realizing that after two years he's seeing the fire works with Yume.

Damn Yume those are some huge words you spouting there about replacing Mizuto's first love.

Very interesting.

I am intrigued to pick up the LN now.

8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 21, 2022 4:41 PM

May 2022
Please let there be a Season 2! I want to see our protagonists falling more and more in love until they finally confront their parents and confess their feelings for one another!
Sep 21, 2022 5:47 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Love to see a Summer Festival episode to end off a summer season anime, this was a great final episode too. A nice way to show off Yume’s growth and show a bit more of the mystery that is Mizuto, and even capped it off with a kiss during the fireworks, and it’s interesting how Yume said not as Ayai Yume, but as Irido Yume, another showing of her growth and a great one at that. And so ends the countryside outing, back to the school with the gang for one last goofy bit featuring Higashira, Kawanami and Minami.

This was one of my favorites this season, definitely one of the more unique Romcoms I’ve seen which was due to not just the premise but the main characters themselves, I don’t think I’ve ever seen characters quite like Yume and Mizuto, they’re a couple cards lol. The side characters were great too, Higashira made for a fantastic 2nd love interest, I’m with a lot of people that think she would have been a great match for Mizuto, although I’m a Yume fan as well so it’s a tough choice for me lol.

The amount of LN references in this was wild as well, even in this last episode there was a handful, I definitely enjoyed those. My one complaint would have to be that the title of the show is a bit misleading, since the stepmom isn’t even really in the show much, I think a better title would be “My Ex is My Step-Sister” or something similar, but the name we got now is definitely memorable lol. And you can’t forget the absolute banger of an OP by the great DIALOGUE+, it’s always a pleasure to have them in a season and this was one of the best OPs without a doubt, and I was a fan of the ED as well. I would love to see a Season 2 of this in the future for sure.
Sep 21, 2022 5:59 PM
Dec 2021
A good season ending. I love incest??? Like where do they plan on going from here???
Sep 21, 2022 6:09 PM
Nov 2021
i hope hanime or hentaihaven adapt this anime.
Sep 21, 2022 6:10 PM
May 2017
Very good! Second season much welcome.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 21, 2022 6:40 PM
Jun 2017
We approve this great final episode... that kiss and the story of them... love this series overall
Sep 21, 2022 7:48 PM

Aug 2017
I liked it but it could have been a better series. Considering they were dating before become step siblings would make their relationship going forward pretty reasonable and maybe their parents would understand.
Sep 21, 2022 8:09 PM
Oct 2018
The ending was predictable, they became a couple again. Not the worst rom-com I’ve seen, but I’ve seen way better. I guess I’ll give it 6/10 because I was interested enough to watch it every week.

Would be pretty surprised if it got a S2.
Sep 21, 2022 8:19 PM

Apr 2021
I finally caught up to this series which is one of my most anticipated shows this Summer 2022. I could say that it doesn't disappoint.

It really portrays how childhood romance works when Mizuto and Yume were still in middle school. I love how Yume was developed from ep 1 up to this final ep and her resolve during the fireworks festival is fabulous. While Minami is the most likeable character for me in this series, we can't ignore the fact that Yume really deserves the praise.

I don't get why it's getting a lot of hate just because they are STEPSIBLINGS having a secretive romance. It is clear that they just broke up because of childhood conflicts. They still have feelings for each other and we can't blame them since the reason of their separation is not severe. They are maturing, they are having realizations of how to correct their past mistakes. Now, it is just up to the author of how would be the resolution since this time, they are already sharing the same last name.

Lastly, I really like the novels/mangas that Mizuto reads. Starting from ep 1, the cameos really gives a reminiscing vibe. This time, we got Saekano cameo which made me miss that series.

Sep 21, 2022 9:02 PM
Jun 2022
The episode was good, it was light but it could be better, I would like to see a second season.
Sep 21, 2022 9:06 PM
Mar 2021
I know the anime talked about its fine still have feelings for your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend right now. But I hope those feelings don't last forever, because your constantly living with your ex girlfriend. I imagine that could negatively affect future relationships. Rip Higashira you were way cooler than Yume.
Sep 21, 2022 9:42 PM
May 2019
Hell yes! They finally did it! Well I enjoyed the series and hope for a second season.
Sep 22, 2022 12:32 AM
Sep 22, 2022 3:37 AM

Oct 2016
This show is the definition of don't judge a book by its cover, cause it was pretty good.

Putting aside the incest, the exes dynamic was done really well, especially as someone that went through the whole breakup and then getting back together, it was mature and relatable. Though of course, it's exaggerated cause anime, but the essence is there. Yume and Mizuto being exes before they became stepsiblings kinda does make the whole relationship more acceptable though, ngl lmao.

Poor Chikuma, he hasn't even done anything yet, but he already lost lmao, condolence. If Tomozaki is getting a second season, I hope this one does too. Overall was a pretty fun show. 7.5/10
Sep 22, 2022 5:40 AM

May 2019
Overall far better than I had originally expected. Can't wait to read further on

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 22, 2022 6:54 AM
May 2022
idk what to say it was a good episode and a great conclusion to the anime tho it probably wont get a second season its still great.
ill give it a 9.5/10 just because some episodes were too serious
Sep 22, 2022 7:05 AM

Apr 2020
AmaroX said:
ZER0PT said:

You're more cringe than the anime jeez.

says the one with no life and 5000 animes in his anime list

It's not 5000 but I hope I can reach it someday.
I've been watching anime for many years. Maybe I started even before you were born. Since your behavior is very childish I wouldn't be surprised.
Anyway I reported your cyber bullying. Maybe it will make you "touch grass" instead of attacking others who don't even know you online.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 22, 2022 8:36 AM
Jun 2021
This anime was a lot wholesome and tried to give a deep analysis about the both MCs than expected, no matter how much it tried to convey something different, it was always bound to be hated due to it's cringe moments

Though I still like the concept and the anime did alright, the OSTs were probably one of the best among all the summer animes

The pace was decent and it conveyed more than enough

At the end, if I enjoyed a show, then it necessarily doesn't needs to be too complicated or different to be rated higher, for me it was a good and enjoyable show

7/10
Sep 22, 2022 8:52 AM

Jan 2021
There were a few good episodes sprinkled in, but the final two episodes definitely carried the season for me.

4/10 without best girl Higashira
5/10 with Higashira
6/10 with Higashira and the final 2 episodes

Sep 22, 2022 10:12 AM

Apr 2019
Ngl I was expecting it to be Ero - manga sensei tier, but what I've got is a wholesome romcom with some good drama and some cringy moments here and there, and that kept me engaged with the story.
Sep 22, 2022 2:00 PM
Feb 2020
I don't hate it lol. I expected hot garbage like domex kano or higehiro.

this was surprisingly good
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

109 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

172 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

112 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:28 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2022

102 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 27, 2023 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.