Forum Settings
Forums

why peaple gave this episode low rate to be lower than it deserve? this episode is masterpiece

New
Sep 17, 2022 2:29 PM
Aug 2022
this episode must be 10/10
but people who doesen't understand it, gave it low rate,

before this rate 8.53 this episode was 8.57 that i remember, but now it's not
some anime that are higher than garden of sinners, aren't that worth to have this highly rate, but...

myanimelist rating isn't worth anymore because of such a unfair rating
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 17, 2022 2:39 PM
Jun 2021
hamidvvvv said:

some anime that are higher than garden of sinners, aren't that worth to have this highly rate, but...

I think you don’t realise people can have different opinions and different definitions of what a masterpiece is. If everyone though the same there would be no point of the rating system as everyone would just put the same rating.
Sep 17, 2022 2:40 PM

Dec 2020
To be fair it is almost ranked in the top 100, which in pretty good in my opinion considering it came out in like 2008
Sep 17, 2022 2:44 PM

Jun 2015
Type-Moon's stories are not good. Btw, this is highly rated
Sep 17, 2022 2:45 PM
Jul 2021
SparCy said:
hamidvvvv said:

I think you don’t realise people can have different opinions and different definitions of what a masterpiece is. If everyone though the same there would be no point of the rating system as everyone would just put the same rating.

if only those ratings of 1,2,3 and 4 were not there you would have had a point. I actually don't see any argument to put it bellow a 7 but let's say that there is one.
Sep 17, 2022 2:46 PM
Jul 2021
welcome to MAL. here as long as something is above a 6 it might be a masterpiece. only one that got people mad
Sep 17, 2022 2:48 PM
Jun 2021
Radusili said:
SparCy said:

if only those ratings of 1,2,3 and 4 were not there you would have had a point. I actually don't see any argument to put it bellow a 7 but let's say that there is one.

Some people rate things on enjoyment rather than story telling. I know a lot of people that call garden of sinners garden of ‘sleepy time’ cause it is so excruciatingly boring to them.
Sep 17, 2022 2:48 PM

Feb 2020
No, it just weird experimental visuals technique. Story at its core is not that deep...just filled with extra mumbo junbo like usual Type-Moon. But u can indeed say it the first proper antagonist experience in Kara no Kyoukai films
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 17, 2022 2:56 PM

May 2022
8.53 is a very high rating.
Sep 17, 2022 2:58 PM
Jul 2021
SparCy said:
Radusili said:

Some people rate things on enjoyment rather than story telling. I know a lot of people that call garden of sinners garden of ‘sleepy time’ cause it is so excruciatingly boring to them.

as I said that is why I would see an argument for a 5 or a 6. Ant the rational people who had that problem with the anime did give that rating. I am talking about the sad ones that actually have no opinion but still decided that dropping the rating might help them feel like they did something with their lives
Sep 17, 2022 3:00 PM
Jan 2022
hamidvvvv said:

Dude i dont understand how can you label something that is rated 8.5 as "underrated", 8.5 is really high rating and anything above this is good and it just varies to the preference of the individual watcher.
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Sep 17, 2022 3:02 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Are you new to this site? It's the problem for many series, not just limited to this entry. Stop complaining like you are the center of the universe.
Sep 17, 2022 3:02 PM
Jun 2021
Radusili said:
SparCy said:

as I said that is why I would see an argument for a 5 or a 6. Ant the rational people who had that problem with the anime did give that rating. I am talking about the sad ones that actually have no opinion but still decided that dropping the rating might help them feel like they did something with their lives

The sad ones are a minority of the people that give bad ratings. Some people generally just don’t like somethings, and thats ok, your still allowed to like it, and they are allowed to not like it.
Sep 17, 2022 3:04 PM
Jul 2021
SparCy said:
Radusili said:

The sad ones are a minority of the people that give bad ratings. Some people generally just don’t like somethings, and thats ok, your still allowed to like it, and they are allowed to not like it.

yeah they are not a lot but just think about what an 1 does to an average of 8.5 compared to a 10. Hence the reason rating bombing actually works a lot more when the rating is high
Sep 17, 2022 3:38 PM

May 2022
I guess it all depends on how much you value these ratings. Sometimes if I can’t decide what to watch between a few shows I’ll chose the higher rated one to break a tie. If someone gives a show that I love a 1 than that’s fine by me. It doesn’t change how I feel about it.
Sep 17, 2022 3:48 PM

Aug 2017
OP, you're overreacting to something so minuscule.

A 8.53 is a highly regarded rating.
But it is also subjective.
People have their own thoughts as to what a masterpiece constitute for them.
And if you wanna give it a 10/10, then good for you.
But it won't change MAL's overall rating system based on over 100k+ user's input.

Sep 17, 2022 3:58 PM
Feb 2022
Its literally 8.5 i think it’s more than enough for it
Sep 17, 2022 4:03 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. An example includes:
    e. MAL community data
      e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
      e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
      e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» OMG FIRST PLACE ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

5layer - Feb 2, 2009

963 by Zoshlog »»
Mar 14, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 22, 2008

507 by FZREMAKE »»
Jul 31, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » which is the best ost from ufotable

filthyfrank8142 - Feb 4, 2022

6 by JJxy »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:58 AM

» best plot twist in anime history?

sabervergarden - Feb 12, 2021

10 by asaryo420 »»
Feb 4, 2022 11:59 PM

» Am I the only one who doesn't like Kokutou?

Albee98 - Sep 24, 2021

9 by 234Mannan »»
Oct 20, 2021 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.