Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2022 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
Shu is being very Shu this episode, by promising to protect Kisara.

His reunion with Ayano was kinda amusing. It seems neither has forgotten about their night together from one of the earlier episodes. Shu put up a hell of a fight this episode tbh.
Sep 17, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, Shu's sister Kanna has been made exposed to the public, and Mikhail cannot ignore such devastating capacity to just leave it alone. It's the same story for those betting to get rid of Demon Hazards, and they will have to do the job until the end.

The equivocal exchange that's the contract cancellation left not just the complete return of Shu's memories, but also Kisara's memories that's unrelated to him, that's a bit strange for a demon whom was once completely fulfilled to her master, and now he's about to return the favor for her sake.

Bayron City's airport is free of human conflict, so they can go ham as they wish as Sharon makes her farewell back to the Celestial Abbey (only to be reversed by Shu apologizing with his memories returned) leaving Ayano and the rest to complete the job, plus Shu as well in his recognizable state (and yes, that includes their night together). It sure feels even more strange for Kanna to watch Shu's memories pass these 12 years of an emotional turmoil for his older brother being a ladies' man going from one girl to the other, and they are bugs impeding her relations to him.

And so it is with Shu, Sharon and Ayano giving their all to seal Kanna away, and what will Kisara make of it now that she isn't a demon anymore?

A lot of speculation going into next week's finale.
Sep 17, 2022 10:31 AM
Feb 2021
i really wonder where this will go now that we’re down to the last episode. it seems like kanna still has a lot of emotions for shu. hope we get to see kisara fight one more time, and hopefully we get cour 2.
Sep 17, 2022 10:34 AM

Oct 2017
So Kisara wasn't even using Shu's memory in the first place, she was using her own memories. Also Kanna's just jealous of her brother's girlfriends, that's kinda ridiculous but whatever.
Sep 17, 2022 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Animation went hard af this episode
Sep 17, 2022 10:52 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Well, now Shuu's memories are back and Kisara's are gone...
Ayano's mother really does not want to let Kanna be killed.
Kisara converted her own memories into power, not Shuu's.
'Am I an idiot' xD.
I really feel sorry for Kisara.
But Shuu says he won't flee the city and will protect her.
He tells her to stay hidden in a safe space and takes her blade with him.
Ayano's gun ran out of ammo and Kanna was about to shoot...
But of course Shuu came to rescue her!
Kanna is after Ayano as it seems she has been seeing everything Shuu has been doing through their connection lol.
Sharon seems to have made up with Shuu.
Kanna is responding to Shuu when he talks to her.
And then they try to seal her away...but she fights back.
Just as Shuu is about to swing he slows down since he sees her change but it seems it was just a trick!
Kisara wrote on her hand to 'believe in him and fight together'...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 17, 2022 10:56 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 17, 2022 10:56 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Poor Kanna got major trauma from Shu's erotic adventures. This is the kind of story only anime gives us
Sep 17, 2022 11:08 AM
Apr 2021
Poor Kanna. She lives with various memories without being accompanied by feelings. Overwhelmed by emotions she only felt without ever saying. Seeing all that was going on and never knowing what it all meant. The immense power, the overflowing emotions, caused Kanna to forget who and what she really wanted.
Sep 17, 2022 11:15 AM

May 2019
Great action-packed episode! It appears that Kanna is having an internal struggle and her tears made Shuu hesitate in attacking her with Kisara's sword. At the end we see Kisara staring off presumably towards where the fight is ongoing. Based on what was written on her hand "believe in him and fight together" and the title of the final episode "Unresolved Grand Finale" Kisara will get involved in the fight and will probably sacrifice herself to save Shuu and maybe even Kanna, it will be interesting that's for sure.
Sep 17, 2022 11:40 AM

Jun 2017
That's a yandere little sister on a whole new level.
Sep 17, 2022 11:40 AM
Jun 2020
When I think this anime couldn't be any worst, it reaches a new low. I'm impressed.
Sep 17, 2022 12:10 PM
Jul 2011
For the route the anime is taken, they are preparing everything for a second season, but we don't know yet, if it is going to happen
Sep 17, 2022 12:21 PM
Jun 2021
yamai_natsugami said:
i really wonder where this will go now that we’re down to the last episode. it seems like kanna still has a lot of emotions for shu. hope we get to see kisara fight one more time, and hopefully we get cour 2.
im also hopping for a second season. But yeah, its an original anime. Very hard and rare for an ori anime to get a second season
Sep 17, 2022 12:45 PM

May 2020
Visuals were good and.. that's it. We fighting that demon sister for no good reason but okay whatever. Glad the thing ending next week.
Sep 17, 2022 12:46 PM
Jan 2021
A brocon plotline loool this show is a mess, well animated tho
Sep 17, 2022 12:49 PM

Sep 2018

Now that is going to seriously fuck a little sister up...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 17, 2022 12:56 PM

Feb 2018
So now he's got to try and seal her away, but doesn't that take the weird spear that she is wielding? Or can it be the weapon Kisara uses? Guess we'll find out, but curious to see how this is gonna end, since I have a feeling it's not going to be that easy. Especially with the message Kisara gave to herself.
Sep 17, 2022 12:57 PM
Aug 2019
well, all things will come to an end ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ hope there'll be more of this series
Sep 17, 2022 1:13 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The last shot be straight out of kimi no na wa

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 17, 2022 1:16 PM

Jan 2021
Still sad that Kisara forgot everything but on her hand it still was written so she vaguely remembered something of it.

Big Brother vs Little Sister, what an battle, I hope Chu is still alright after getting such an punch from Kanna, Kanna shed tears so she still remembers Chu but Chu wants to seal Kanna away again.

Interesting to see how these events will turn out in the final battle, can't wait.
Sep 17, 2022 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
Just let it end with him in bed with all three of them. The Harem ending please.

Idk whats going to happen Any more though. Ayano's got the shit end of the stick all series imo and all they give her is a rocket launcher.

Guess previous Kisara helped her out to help Shu.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 17, 2022 1:21 PM

Jan 2009
so Kisara not just return the memories of Shu she also give her all other memories to him eh this definitely reeks of second season to explore those memories of hers especially that the finale episode is titled "unresolved grand finale"

the action sakuga on this episode is great
Sep 17, 2022 1:28 PM

Jan 2021
That joke about the little sister wanting to kill the girls just because she was apparently connected to Shu in some way and saw how he had sex with them and that's why she is angry at them was one of the funniest jokes this series had to offer... wait, that was completely serious and not a joke? Well, it was at the very least funnier than the actual jokes.
Ionliosite2Sep 17, 2022 1:32 PM
Sep 17, 2022 1:30 PM
May 2021
Ngl i was sad, but im hyped ofc for the next ep
Sep 17, 2022 1:35 PM

May 2018
Shu is finally powerful??! But no he got beaten up again T_T

I hope Kisara joins the fight next episode and clear things up once and for all
Sep 17, 2022 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
and this is a perfect example why you shouldn't females.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 17, 2022 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
>little sister never matured emotionally past the age of 3 and watched her brother doink multiple women

Just when I thought this couldn't get trashier
Sep 17, 2022 2:02 PM
Jan 2022
shuu called kisara and ignorant girl they need to protect why how kisara was ignorant she literally sacrificed everything including her own memories for shuu that's not ignorant so why call her that
Sep 17, 2022 2:04 PM

Sep 2020
That was really great fight scenes! He is so close but couldn't do it, guess the next episode will be the middle point of the story and a small conclusion.
Sep 17, 2022 2:38 PM
May 2020
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sep 17, 2022 3:19 PM
Aug 2019
So Kanna is technically still 3 years old yet she watched her brother doing all that... stuff. That will definitely leave some traumas, poor girl lol.
Sep 17, 2022 4:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So Kanna isn’t out to destroy the city, but she’s out to destroy Shu’s harem since she’s been watching it unfold the entire time she’s been gone lol, major brother complex I guess, and I really like how she was described as a 3 year old with a nuke switch lol, basically what she is. And it’s confirmed that Kisara has indeed forgot everything and Shu has remembered everything, he even gained Kisara’s memories, that’s some wild stuff.

And the fight at the end of the episode was pretty cool, Shu using Kisara’s sword on a hoverboard with the help of Sharon and Ayano to take down Kanna, but our boy took a massive hit and was sent flying into the ground after hesitating do deal the final blow, that definitely looked fatal but I don’t think killing him will be enough to make him die lol, and looks like Kisara left herself a message to trust what Shu says and to help him on her hand, I’m excited for what the finale will bring! Also lol at Shu remembering Ayano seducing him in an earlier episode.

With one episode left, I can say this has been a really fun watch, I know Lycoris Recoil gets a lot of attention but I’m personally glad I picked this one over the two A-1 shows this season, it’s been great.
Sep 17, 2022 5:50 PM
Aug 2021
I’m afraid one of them will take real sacrifice between the finale.
Sep 17, 2022 7:30 PM

May 2021
They made up that sis can experience bro's life detail just to get her to experience Shu's sex adventures, didn't they? Amazing. Also, 3-yr old who somehow has combat skills despite not having trained her body. Though I can ignore this one.

Sep 17, 2022 8:48 PM

Feb 2019
No way this dropped under a 7? People on MAL have such shite tastes lmao.

Absolute masterclass of an episode. Story boarding, voice acting, etc were all great. I still don’t see how they wrap everything up next week tho. We need that second cour or a second season. The mom is still out there ..
Sep 17, 2022 10:38 PM

Aug 2014
Shu is such a bad big bro for showing his sister those kind of things lol, especially at those age.. Looks like the memories traumatize her XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 17, 2022 11:31 PM
Aug 2017
In Episode 11, there is an article in the contract that states 'When the lips of the formal and the latter touched, the restriction on all powers will be lifted.' I didn't understand it then, but after this Episode, I supposed it means that Kisara still has to do the ritual with Shu to power up, but she has the freedom to choose which memories to be used as fuel, including her own ones.

Turns out Kisara has been keeping all of Shu's memories intact and using her own memories as fuel, and whatever little memories left of Kisara's childhood has been handed to Shu. No wonder Shu is moved to tears. Kisara truly is the fucking best girl.

Shu had spent years searching for his sister, but now that she is freed, he wants to seal her again. That was unexpected, but I guess if his sister can't be reasoned with and is out to kill the three girls, then I am all in with the idea of sealing that yandere imouto.

I wonder if Kisara will ever get back her memories. From the current direction of the show, it seems like they are contented with having Kisara start anew and the past Kisara now resides within Shu. Kisara being flustered when Shu tried to kiss her forehead is so cute. A complete 180 from the old times when Kisara boldly threw herself at Shu to make out passionately.

Shu regaining his memories has really helped with his character growth. He is now able to see that sacrificing himself has caused damage to all those around him who care about him, and he no longer wants to destroy himself or manipulate others to reach his goals.

The title of Episode 13 is 'Unresolved Grand Finale'. Is it just me, or does that sound like it's going to be a 2 cour? I am feeling much more optimistic now.
Sep 17, 2022 11:33 PM
Aug 2017
Reevansingh21 said:
shuu called kisara and ignorant girl they need to protect why how kisara was ignorant she literally sacrificed everything including her own memories for shuu that's not ignorant so why call her that

He calls her an idiot because she didn't care for herself at all and sacrificed everything for him at the expense of herself.
Sep 17, 2022 11:38 PM
Jan 2022
DragonTheOne said:
Reevansingh21 said:

He calls her an idiot because she didn't care for herself at all and sacrificed everything for him at the expense of herself.

well you say the same for shuu because he did the exact same thing shuu didn't care for anybody s feelings he going forget about every single person he cares about so don't get it he idiot too
Sep 17, 2022 11:56 PM
Aug 2017
Reevansingh21 said:
DragonTheOne said:

well you say the same for shuu because he did the exact same thing shuu didn't care for anybody s feelings he going forget about every single person he cares about so don't get it he idiot too

Buddy, do you know that he calls her an idiot out of love? Or are you like too young to understand the underlying meaning lol.
Sep 18, 2022 12:02 AM
Jan 2022
DragonTheOne said:
Reevansingh21 said:

Buddy, do you know that he calls her an idiot out of love? Or are you like too young to understand the underlying meaning lol.

oh come now we all know he loves her I mean literally sacrificed everything including her own memories for shuu that's straight up love waifu material
Sep 18, 2022 1:11 AM

May 2018
Marinate1016 said:
No way this dropped under a 7? People on MAL have such shite tastes lmao.

Absolute masterclass of an episode. Story boarding, voice acting, etc were all great. I still don’t see how they wrap everything up next week tho. We need that second cour or a second season. The mom is still out there ..

Well, the mc is a dubious womanizer, and all the main characters are hopeless (dame). It was obvious that the note would be like this. For better grades, it would be better to invest in a shounen-style mc, or in a waifu-only anime. And avoid any controversial topic.
Sep 18, 2022 1:13 AM

Feb 2021
Shu has his memories back, but Kisara lost all of hers in turn :(. We also see that Kanna suffered a sort of hell where she could see everything Shu did through his dreams but wasn't able to converse with him by any means. Hopefully next episode, we'll get a satisfying ending.
Sep 18, 2022 3:15 AM

Nov 2012
So they were "connected" by their dreams, but u dont dream everyday about what u did that day, so how could imouto see all the sht oniisan did? nonsense
also the bs contract hahaha, just give them a Bankai Sennin mode SS boost then

My Candies:

Sep 18, 2022 3:24 AM
Oct 2016
This show is perfectly watchable.
Sep 18, 2022 4:10 AM
Jan 2022
kakeguruitwinxx said:
Reevansingh21 said:

It got lost in translation.
The literal translation should be "She's just a girl who doesn't know anything that needs to be protected".

yea I don't know if it got translation maybe it did
Sep 18, 2022 4:17 AM

Apr 2018
There's no way Shu fucking survived that punch. He smashed the fuck outta himself on the ground. Anyway, brother vs sister is getting interrupted by the goat herself; Kisaragi.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 18, 2022 5:09 AM
Sep 2017
Kanna got memory after stab kisara not from dream
Sep 18, 2022 6:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the sister is mentally 3 years old and saw her brother having sex with the girls all that time, no surprise she's mentally disturbed and jealous... I wonder if Kisara will try something for the finale even without her memories
Sep 18, 2022 8:22 AM
Senpai

May 2021
hmm only one episode left.
sadly it is too generic, could have been much better in my opinion.
but still a fun watch, tho.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

131 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2022

78 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

93 by spicarie »»
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

181 by Kaeicap »»
Mar 5, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Engage Kiss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

106 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Jan 31, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.