Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 13, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Definitely one of the more emotional episodes of this show.

We got to see a younger Vermeil and how her life was like. She seemed so innocent back then but also a life filled with tragedy. Well, it's a damn good thing she has Alto in the present now as a partner.

Sep 13, 2022 7:50 AM

Jul 2020
omg such a cheesy ending, I couldn't help laughing lol
Nothing exceptionally interesting about Vermeil's childhood, pretty much same cliche "loner child hated by most for being different" stuff. And I hoped we'd see the actual massacre like how Vermeil tore people apart and all, but oh well, it's PG-13.

It still was pretty entertaining to watch, the calm before the storm, which I expect the last episode to be
InexplicableSep 13, 2022 10:13 AM
Sep 13, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2017
Vermeil's past is displayed in full fervor, and she used to live the happy life even with a non-blood affiliated family.

Even with poor living conditions, Vermeil's family was a nurtured one that put aside all discriminations for an orphanage-like setting in a cathedral. But this does not discount the fact that she was a demon, and the discrimination got worse when people found out when she's one. As much as the Sister and Mielle attempted to shield her from the rage of the people with how a demon infected the townsfolk and created an epidemic that saw the many deaths of people couldn't be quelled, the only solution is for Vermeil to escape as far as possible.

The tragedy doesn't stop there, for as much as Vermeil ran, the people chasing her down will not stop till she's dead, and Vermeil's done running away from her problems to face them head on. But that abbey which used to be the source of life, is now a scene of death hangings, which triggered Vermeil's PTSD to eventually release her demonic powers in a fit of rage against her oppressors. Vermeil's journey of being alone to a walking disaster is heartfelt, but still, despite young Vermeil's regrets of her past as a detestable monster, Alto chooses to shower her with assurance, which is the most important that a partner can do for his/her familiar.

Alto's evolved from a wimpy kid to being a giga chad, that's for sure.
Sep 13, 2022 7:58 AM
Feb 2020
I cried...such a good episode.
Sep 13, 2022 8:07 AM
Sep 2016
it was very good not bad
Sep 13, 2022 8:20 AM
Sep 2018
Amazing episode, to bad my vidoe had to reload every 20 seconds
Sep 13, 2022 8:25 AM

Dec 2021
The darkest episode I have ever seen on this show. Alto is such a chad for accepting Vermeil on who she is regardless of what she did in the past.
Sep 13, 2022 8:26 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Vermeil giving the flower crown she made to that woman-who they called sister- was very nice to see as she was happy. Seems al the other children wanted to hug sister also.
Though her family wasn't related by blood, she loved to be with them and they felt no different.
She really liked Mielle's stew xD.
Though they were poor, all that matters is she was happy.
Sister didn't care Vermeil was a demon even though they were feared at the time.
What comes next however...changes everything for her.
The human children in town started to throw stones at her. But Alto is told that he should stop watching the memories if he hates seeing this so much.
Seems that Mielle figured out Vermeil was a demon when she saw her horns...
But she hugged her and told her not to worry.
The townspeople surrounded the place Vermeil and her family lived and had pitchforks with them...
They don't listen to Sister telling them Vermeil is a good kid...
Mielle tells Vermeil to run away for now.
She cries as she can't leave the other two children either.
Vermeil runs but the townspeople are looking for her...
They shout they will force her family to tell her where she went and when they find Vermeil, they will kill her.
Vermeil decides that she should turn herself in so everyone else isn't hurt and is about to turn the corner and when she does...
the bodies of her family have been hung.
I felt so sorry for Vermeil. Imagine a child having to go through this.
Then the townspeople surround her...and Vermeil transforms!
I hope them people suffered the most painful deaths possible.
Who cares if she destroyed the town? They deserved it!
Alto is asked if he will still treasure Vermeil.
He goes down to where Vermeil as a child is sitting and she starts to cry about what she has just done.
But he hugs her and tells her it is alright.
He tells her no one hates her and that her family would never dislike her. And that he is there for her also.
'Vermeil, even if the entire world turns against us, I'll always stay by your side.'
'I want to be with you forever.'
They then go to the present again and Alto tells her he loves her!

Now I want Alto and Vermeil to murder their enemies and be happy! I hope anyone trying to oppose them dies very painfully and is tortured by them!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDSep 13, 2022 8:30 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 13, 2022 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
That was sad and depressing.
Vermeil or some kind of curse is not the cause of disease. Where is Falma, he needed to educate those stupid people.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 13, 2022 8:31 AM
Feb 2021
Love this episode, it make me cry and shocked after what's happened!
Sep 13, 2022 8:33 AM
Sep 2022
Really sad episode but very good as well. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Sep 13, 2022 8:40 AM
May 2022
Pretty sure this was the most tear brining episode in this anime 8.5/10.
Vermiels past was pretty sad but she has Alto by his side now and he accepts her sp that’s pretty good. But the next episode the scene with the fight of iolite continues, can’t wait for the next one!!
Sep 13, 2022 8:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Vermeil's backstory was extremely heartbreaking and violent... having her family killed like that because of her demon condition that's horrible, I'm not surprised she went berserk and destroyed everything, but now it explains why she was sealed. The end was heartwarming at least.
Sep 13, 2022 8:55 AM
Feb 2022
one of the best episodes in this show, really emotional, it also give a back story to vermeil that kinda explains why she did some things she did
Sep 13, 2022 9:06 AM
Dec 2019
I waited 7 days for this 💀
Sep 13, 2022 9:16 AM
Aug 2022
Vermeil's backstory is tragic but Isn't the most tragic backstory in anime cause I have seen worse but still it is sad. The episode is overall good it's just that they didn't animate how she destroyed the village.
Sep 13, 2022 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
Can't forgive anyone who treats smol Vermeil badly. I was ready for Mielle to abandon her when she taught me better. She was a great sister, alas she and everyone made a mistake and underestimated the angry mob. Resorting to extreme violence is part of our mentality as well.

Beautiful transition from past to present. Again, corny, but I liked it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2021
Excellent episode. Vermiel's back story was done justice with a whole episode dedicated to it.

Smol Vermiel is precious.

But oh man it was fucked up. I knew they were showing them as such a happy family so something terrible was bound to happen. Olden times were scary, dumb fuckers took justice in their own hands. I say good thing Vermiel wiped them all out, that was natural selection.

The Mielle scene was so long lol, I was like yeah I can keep it in but the tears eventually started forming haha.

Being alone for 200 hundred years only to be sealed in a book later, holy shit it's a surprise Vermiel's still sane. I'm so glad Alto found that book and befriended Vermiel. It was like Vermiel was given a new chance at life. She got herself a new family who accepts her for what she is regardless of her past. Good shit.

She was labelled the biggest scourge to walk on earth just because of that one incident, damn.

Also, the ED starts making much more sense after this episode.

6/5 episode. With this one more episode left, I wonder how they will end this Season. I'm really hoping for a Season 2 announcement.
TsutanaiFuunSep 13, 2022 10:03 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 13, 2022 10:13 AM

Jul 2020
vermeil's back story really touched me and there's only 1 left episode God I wish there's a 2nd season doesn't matter when but please make it happen
Sep 13, 2022 10:13 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This episode managed to adapt all of chapter 16 which cover Vermeil's tragic backstory that led her to be the walking calamity due to her being a demon. This was basically a character development episode for both Alto and Vermeil in order to strengthen their relationship. I find it very odd to place a flashback episode before the final one especially when the flashback occurred in a middle of a fight. It just doesn't have the same emotional impact compared when I read the manga. I guess it doesn't really matter since it seems like we are going to get an anime original ending which is a shame because things were stating pick up.
Sep 13, 2022 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
I knew it was gonna be tragic but damn that still hit hard. Really felt bad for smol Vermeil, she went through a lot. But she has Alto beside her now and he'll be always there for her. The kiss was sweet.
Sep 13, 2022 10:43 AM

Mar 2022
best episode for me
the story of vermil is so emotional that i almost cried
W episode

Sep 13, 2022 10:43 AM
Mar 2021
Heartbreaking but awesome.
Sep 13, 2022 10:49 AM

Feb 2018
I knew that Vermeil was going to have some sort of sad backstory, but I wasn't really expecting it to go like that...
Sep 13, 2022 10:57 AM

May 2020
Such a sweet, good-natured kid she was, how did she become so horny then lol.

Anyways in all seriousness, backstory hit hard. Good thing they ended on such a pleasant note.
Sep 13, 2022 10:58 AM
Jul 2021
Never have I wanted a town to be absolutely wrecked like I did with this one! Glad Vermeil laid waste to em all 👌🏽
Sep 13, 2022 11:07 AM

Apr 2022
thinking deeper maybe the message is a demon is no inherently bad or malicious... but people are worst than demon I dunno... a topic for debate...

or even a good natured demon can be turn bad... because of bad influence... or we are product of our environment.

ok... and lastly don't judge people base on stereotype prejudice (demon always are evil)... but by the deeds...

hope someone make an better deconstruction xD... this is what I got from the surface...
gakuendoSep 13, 2022 11:33 AM
Sep 13, 2022 11:47 AM

Sep 2018
That was all laid on very thick wasn't it ;-)

I would have rather something less cut and dried had happened.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 13, 2022 12:08 PM
Apr 2021
Ah yes, an actual genocide is forgiven just because there is a sad story behind and because "she tried her best". Ok.
Sep 13, 2022 12:10 PM

May 2021
I was hoping that she would be actually evil but I guess not.

Sep 13, 2022 12:13 PM

Sep 2018
SekkeyWho said:
Ah yes, an actual genocide is forgiven just because there is a sad story behind and because "she tried her best". Ok.

If you want to use "emotive" words like genocide, try looking up their meaning first...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Sep 13, 2022 12:32 PM
May 2021
Very emotional. This episode gives depth to the whole series and to the main characters bond.
Sep 13, 2022 12:46 PM
Jun 2022
My favorite anime of the season.
Sep 13, 2022 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
When an entire episode is flash back, I dont care when its new story. Stonking episode. I'm hoping after all this story build up last eps will not disappoint given the groundwork left here!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 13, 2022 1:14 PM

Jun 2015
SekkeyWho said:

Americans be genociding all the time. She didnt even destroy the entire city. There was still buildings up on the outskirts. Did you forget that the people who story tell here and write these shows suffered the greatest atrocities and war time civilian causalities of the last 100 years. Of course it would impact there story telling. You dont simply have two cities wiped off a map and it not havie a lasting affect on your people and the future stories they tell. Your cultural insensitivity upsets me. I'd call you a name but I'd get banned so its not worth engaging someone as insensitive and illiterate as you.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 13, 2022 1:29 PM
Jul 2016
You know for an ecchi anime, I didn't think I would feel horrified with a depressing backstory like that. My god, poor Vermei.
Sep 13, 2022 1:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As expected, Vermeil has a tragic past, had such a nice family but it was destroyed by those foolish villagers who decided to point fingers at the little demon girl for causing the plague in the village, and proceed to hang her family just for protecting her, even the kids, so the angry mob definitely had that coming, they brought about that destruction lol.

Of course it sucks for the innocent people that lived there but I don’t think Vermeil is to blame for what she did, and I did really like that final scene where Alto promised to stay with Vermeil even if the whole world is against them, really nice.

I’m excited for the last the episode, this has been one of the better shows of the season for sure, I know people were calling this degenerate trash early on but it has proved to be more than that, and honestly even if it was just full degeneracy I would still love it lol.
Sep 13, 2022 1:48 PM

May 2018
Smol Vermeil is soo kawaii UwU Alto definitely picked best girl here
Sep 13, 2022 3:12 PM

Sep 2018
Probably the best episode of the lot which isn't saying much, but man, this show is so goddamn cookie cutter in everything it does.
Sep 13, 2022 3:19 PM
Aug 2016
she very bad so she not good
Sep 13, 2022 4:04 PM
Mar 2018
Vermeil's memories really touched me...
Sep 13, 2022 4:28 PM

Feb 2021
Vermeil's back story was quite sad.

Just one more episode to go
Sep 13, 2022 4:55 PM
Jun 2021
Alright I can understand if many people mistake it for another "loner child going through tragedy in their past" kind of thing,

But here the difference was that she didn't even know what was wrong about living a peaceful life with her family just like a human who only had a blood of demon, Another thing that she actually thought for her family and decided to gave herself to people just to save her family where she didn't even got the second chance to overcome from the tragedy she was going through without any of her fault, so this makes it even more sad and depressing

She already accepted that she did something very unforgivable — Genocide, but here the viewers are also provided with many other hidden messages that the real demon wasn't her but it were those humans who didn't even care to hear about what was Vermeil's actual condition and tried to put all the blame of their inefficiency upon that little kid who hasn't any idea about it, so in my opinion at this point it depends upon your own reasoning cause if I have to judge it, Vermeil actually gave those people what they really deserved her even if it a genocide, it can be justified somehow upto some extent, if they couldn't care less about her pain and can't live peacefully with even their own kind then I don't know why would Vermeil should be blamed when they were the main reason why she unleased her anger but then here comes the Alto to save the day

A guy who would chicken out on several ocassions really accepted Vermeil which actually made me shed a few tear for them and now I really like this romance development between them which felt like forced in the starting of the story

This show has just become better & better since episode 6 in its own way, and it's overall 7 rating doesn't makes sense to me but who cares about rating when I actually like this show!

5/5 for this episode

8/10 for this show as of now, I hope it ends well and get some rating boost
shash_sama18Sep 13, 2022 5:03 PM
Sep 13, 2022 6:05 PM

Nov 2011
Episode was fucking GOATED!!!! Best episode of the series.

Alto so likable as a male mc and Vermeil is fucking GOATED as a female MC.

Honestly I was shocked we didn't get a warning when this episode started because that shit was kind of dark!!!

Yo Vermeil destroying that town...sweet fucking justice.

Also is her family now and that's all she needs.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 13, 2022 6:11 PM
Jul 2022
The ending after this episode really hits differently, you truly understand the meaning behind it, if you find the time listen to it once more with this episode in mind.
Sep 13, 2022 6:27 PM
Jun 2017
Vermeil past is just sad...
Sep 13, 2022 6:37 PM
May 2017
Who are the demon, the one with horns or the ones without horns?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 13, 2022 7:48 PM

Nov 2019
Lol lowkey feel bad coz I sussed that Mielle hard, tho actually I'm still sussing her even now, I bet she still alive, faked her death, future villain, she the one who spread the rumor I'm calling it
Sep 13, 2022 8:53 PM
Jun 2020
Was is the best episode, probably not, but it was a good one at least. learned a good portion about her past and the homie told her that he loved her so kudos to him. I'm assume they gonna be op in the next episode so just looking forward to that.
Sep 13, 2022 9:21 PM

Feb 2019
Absolutely beautiful episode. Vermeil’s family being hung was so hard to see. It’s absolutely understandable that she snapped the way she did and those people 1000 percent deserved it. Just cruel and evil for no fucking reason. Call yourselves people of faith but then hang a literal sister?

So proud of my boy alto for his development too. He’s come so far from the days he was scared to even touch vermeil. Goated mc
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

141 by Andasu »»
Apr 15, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

185 by Red_Two »»
Apr 10, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2022

70 by samot-frt »»
Feb 22, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

55 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jan 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

140 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jan 31, 8:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.