Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2023 10:15 AM
Jan 2023
perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2023 9:17 AM
Jul 2022
I Really Want to Stay at Your House...
Neil04Mar 24, 2023 9:21 AM
Mar 25, 2023 7:00 PM
Mar 2023
The episode got my eyes like waterfalls
Mar 28, 2023 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
What a sad and amazing ending, absolutely beautiful.
Had a feeling it was going towards everyone dying but at least Falco and Lucy managed to stay alive.

The anime expanding on the world with great nods to the game with it also being canon as these events took place in 2076.
Adam Smasher actually getting his Exoskeleton from David.

Watched it in the English dub, Rebecca's VA was so damn good, love the character.
For me this was just pure entertainment!.
I can understand people not feeling the same way especially if you don't feel any attachment to the game or the Cyberpunk world itself.
PrOxAntoApr 25, 2023 4:20 PM
Mar 28, 2023 6:20 PM

Mar 2020
uh should have warned me that we were going to watch an akame ga kill like!! yeah the end!
Mar 29, 2023 3:28 AM

Aug 2012
The final episode itself had it's moments, and I can't say I hate it, but it'd be hard to call myself a fan. I assume Adam Smasher's appearance here is really cool for those who played the game, but I didn't feel the earlier mention of him was enough build up to make this encounter feel truly hype for me. And while I liked most of the cast, the only death that actually made me feel sad was Rebecca's. In part because in the last few episodes she developed herself into probably my favourite character of the bunch, and in part because of how unceremonious it was. But Kiwi's and David's didn't really hit me at all, the former for her recent betrayals and the latter for how much of a blatant foregone conclusion it was. I also don't think the inclusion of flashbacks to earlier episodes worked all that well here. A few of them managed to connect, but most of them kind of felt like padding, or just a cheap trick to make this feel sadder without really being earned.

I started watching this show entirely because in a youtube video completely unrelated to Cyberpunk, they used the song "I Really Want to Stay at Your House", and I fell in love instantly with many of the comments in the video hyping up it's inclusion in Cyberpunk. Which brings me to a quasi-complaint, I kinda think using the song twice in a row was a bit overkill. Like, it felt like they were using the song itself as a crutch, and the reason it's a quasi-complaint and not a complaint is because well, it does work. I did get emotional during the scenes it play, not to tears or anything but it was effective, and it was effective because of the song. "I Really Want to Stay at Your House" did all the heavy lifting, in truth I never fully bought into Lucy & David's relationship. Which I think is more of a fault of the limited episode run.

As a whole, and an unpopular opinion, but episode 3 with the car chase caper remained my favourite episode, and I feel it would've benefitted the series to have more showcases like that. A fun caper where the characters got to play off each-other. There's not much depth afforded to the crew, but they were all likable and I truly feel the series was at it's best when it was playing off their dynamic, for example Rebecca and David's walk in episode 8. Having more time with them would've allowed moments like their deaths to hit much harder, even if it was just two more episodes it would've done a lot. The pacing here is fittingly breakneck like David himself, but it does leave a lot of the emotional aspect pretty hollow for me.

This series based on story & characters would've probably gotten a 6, maybe even a 5 from me, but Edgerunners is supported by strong visuals and a fantastic score. Like I said, I love "I Really Want to Stay at Your House" so much I basically watched this show entirely for the song, but the rest of the soundtrack were often highlights. I think many of them originating from the game itself, I'll have to look into it. And the visuals speak for themselves. I really like how graphic the violence is willing to get, even if that's often the only thing about the action I like, and there's a strong style to the visual aesthetic, like text covering the screen like when David needed to start the car in episode 3 or when "Lucy" convinced David to put on the cyberskeleton in episode 9. And I'm honestly surprised how much I enjoyed those call chats with the little screens popping up, think it helped sell the setting.

So ultimately, 7/10. Oh, last thing I'll say is I generally liked the dub, don't regret choosing it over the subs. Rebecca probably had the strongest performance.
Apr 1, 2023 4:12 AM
Apr 2023
Es war ganz ok
Aber nicht grad mein favourite
Apr 1, 2023 11:53 AM

Jan 2023
David got to the top of the Arasaka building, but not in the way his mother wanted. The fights were epic. But it's sad that the bad guys won and the good (?) didn't.
Apr 5, 2023 5:09 PM
Apr 2023
Apr 6, 2023 1:35 PM
Jan 2021
Masterclass among Masterclasses
Apr 8, 2023 2:15 PM

Aug 2014
So, Lucy survived and got to achieve her dream..lol After she was the one that took David, an innocent guy trying to recover from his mom's death, and turned him into a cyberpunk. Not to mention the lack of communication and her secrets is what led to all of this. Honestly, the best ending was to have all of them die. Leaving Lucy alive and stepping on the corpse of David and everyone else to achieve her dream is just selfish and shows how she pretty much made his life even worse the moment she crossed paths with him.

Overall, a very rushed anime, made it hard to believe any of the motivations, foolish decisions by the characters to move the plot along. The story tried to tug at your heart, but it never gave enough time for you to actually care, not to mention making everyone a piece of trash human being makes it hard for you to even care. I have no idea how this is so highly rated.

Apr 8, 2023 11:56 PM

Mar 2008
CAUSE I REALLY WANNA STAY AT YOUR HOUSE!!!!
................ ゆっくりしていってね!!!......................
Apr 10, 2023 1:09 PM
Nov 2018
Represented the dark world of cyberpunk correctly, especially Night City. Cya later, chooms.
Apr 11, 2023 7:00 AM
Apr 2022
I had time, so I wrote a fan-fiction with a happy ending if anyone needs to have a wholesome conclusion, just like me. Otherwise depression would have hit too hard.

https://pdfhost.io/v/7C8PjfVIe_Cyberpunk_Edgerunners_Episode_11
Apr 12, 2023 10:42 AM
Apr 2020
sobbing so hard omg
Apr 13, 2023 1:11 PM
Sep 2021
TT good for gamer to start watching anime.
Apr 16, 2023 8:47 PM
May 2021
This Episode gave me depression in the worst way possible...
Apr 18, 2023 11:58 AM

Dec 2020
I absolutely loved this show. I really wanna write exactly how I feel but since cussing is not allowed, gotta zip it.
It's been longing for an which show everything realistically without any plot armour but man does it hurt. Last time I saw mc die led me to get traumatised and sleepless for a month and I am not exaggerating.
I am so stupid for keeping aside for so long. It was breathtaking, in actual sense.
A stupid question but does it not have resemblance, as in essence to Akame Ga Kill? As in weapons.
This is one of the rare anime which put me on the verge of tears. I have so few words to describe how good I find this. Words such as stellar and superb pales in comparison. An actual 10/10 :)
Ciao~

For card delivery, please click the picture on right
Apr 21, 2023 4:23 AM

Nov 2010
That was a very good finale with lots of gore and action during the chase scenes! The appearance of Adam Smasher was so badass. He's my idol! I wish I could murder people like him and get paid for it! Anyway, It's too bad David ran out of juice, and he couldn't put up a good fight against Adam.
It sucks that Rebecca and David died in the end. However, I love shows that are unafraid to kill off their main cast to make the story interesting. That was a bittersweet ending with Lucy alone on the moon + that OST. I love it! 9/10
Apr 21, 2023 6:34 PM
Feb 2022
amazing ending, it makes you cry
Apr 23, 2023 12:24 PM
Mar 2019
masterpiece, character development, animation, story, all good
Apr 25, 2023 2:40 PM

May 2020
well that was a wild ride 
I binged this all in one day which isn't something I do often anymore
amazing anime
trigger did an amazing job
i always love the cyberpunk atmosphere 
really sad bout Davids's death
solid 9/10 

Apr 27, 2023 1:43 PM

Jan 2023
that ending was amazing

Apr 27, 2023 1:46 PM

Jan 2023
even though the opening and the deaths indicated that david would die, david's death was still shocking

May 5, 2023 9:48 AM
Mar 2023
BOO HOO ENDING SOME BS
May 8, 2023 6:11 AM

Jul 2019
After Maine's death or time skip it went downhill in terms of story. For 10 episodes it did its job though. It does felt rushed at times but you get the gist of the cyberpunk world they're trying to portray so good job on that. 8/10 but mostly for its animation and art which were lovely.
May 8, 2023 3:06 PM

Sep 2021
Hm, in the end this anime really failed to make me care. Maybe it's because of the short runtime or the so obviously self- (and everything else) destructive decicisions the characters kept making. But they just didn't feel like real people to me and everything they did and their designs seemed like not much more than an aesthetic.
But it was really pretty to look at, and the opening was a banger.
So, to sum it up: To me it felt like style over substance but the style was really good.

May 22, 2023 8:22 AM
May 2023
:(((((((((((((((((
May 29, 2023 6:55 PM

Feb 2014
episodes 1-9 were great, now this last one not so much
May 30, 2023 3:21 AM

Aug 2019
took me a while to get around to finishing this show but I’m glad I finally did it, I probably would’ve given it a higher score if it was a bit longer but for 10 episodes it was pretty good

now time to go beat Adam Smasher in game to avenge my man David
May 31, 2023 2:15 PM
Jan 2022
Sad ending.........
Jun 2, 2023 9:30 PM
Jul 2022
amazing but sad wish it didnt end like this but even so its an amazing end.Wish they would make a season 2.
Jun 3, 2023 7:12 PM
Jan 2023
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAVIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ;-;
Jun 9, 2023 4:41 AM
Feb 2023
woooow absolute masterpiece i luv how goku was able to beat komi san in a flash, and the arc when he teleported into the pokemon world and beat naruto's ninetailes was an absolute thrill to watch
Jun 9, 2023 8:35 AM
Jun 2023
habarti1 said:
woooow absolute masterpiece i luv how goku was able to beat komi san in a flash, and the arc when he teleported into the pokemon world and beat naruto's ninetailes was an absolute thrill to watch

Thanks for showing us the dangers of inbreeding
Jun 11, 2023 3:48 PM

Apr 2023
Overall one solid ass ending to one pretty solid series i would say.

More anime adaptations of games should do something like this.

Jun 15, 2023 12:52 PM
Jul 2022
Just a rollercoaster, even though I hated the ending it was still very good overall.
Jun 17, 2023 1:27 PM
Apr 2017
Great ending to a great anime, but WHY??!? I wanted them to go to the moon together...
Jun 20, 2023 6:16 AM
Dec 2020
its a good conclusion i was content
Jun 30, 2023 5:40 AM
Oct 2022
ehh it was ok ig, could be better but what can you do
Jul 3, 2023 11:07 PM
Aug 2021
animation:10/10 (does not need any better)
story:10/10
begining:7/10 (could have dropped it cuz it felt too slow)
midway thru:10/10
ending:10/10( sad but more emotion means it is better for me)

overall The anime will deserve something over 9 but my personal opinion must be 10/10.
Jul 7, 2023 12:39 AM
Apr 2021
I have no thoughts, I'm just sad. Help.
Jul 13, 2023 2:45 AM

Nov 2013
Me when the credits roll:

I should've expected an ending like this. Still...really well done. Incredible OST and action sequences.

Rebecca didn't deserve that. Fuck you Adam Smasher.

Seeing that piece of shit Faraday getting his just desserts was satisfying at the very least.

Man, seeing Lucy on the moon without David was heartbreaking.

What an ending. I'm so conflicted about it, but it'll definitely stick with me for a while.
FunnyRatmanJul 13, 2023 2:51 AM

Jul 13, 2023 2:56 PM
Jul 2023
it was ridiculous, I think it would be better if she didn't die, her implants were removed and she went to the moon together but I liked <3
Jul 13, 2023 10:12 PM
Feb 2022
Enjoyed the hell out of it.
Especially the soundtracks and characters.
9/10 wish there was more
Jul 14, 2023 2:04 PM
Feb 2022
Dang the animation in this series was FREAKING TO THE MOON (literally) w the text effects, color scheme, EVERYTHING. Loved the battle scenes and car chases. The character designers went all out too and really explored diff ways ppl could get chromed. But I feel like no one is really getting a happy ending which is the point since this show is all about a cycle of hurt and trauma. Lucy did make it to the moon but without David. David did “make” it to the top of Arasaka but only for the purpose to kill Faraday and save Lucy. Greed and grit are portrayed so well in the characters that it makes you feel bad for them that their society is built off it. As someone who hasn’t really played Cyberpunk tho I had a hard time following the plot sometimes the pacing felt kinda rushed.
Jul 14, 2023 2:06 PM
Feb 2022
NotYusufi said:
it was ridiculous, I think it would be better if she didn't die, her implants were removed and she went to the moon together but I liked <3

Lucy didn’t die but same if Lucy and David went to the moon it would’ve been a happier ending. Ig they wanted the ending to be bittersweet and show the unfairness of the world.
Jul 15, 2023 3:02 PM
Sep 2022
Very sad, but gold
Jul 16, 2023 9:45 AM
Jul 2023
why did david have to die
Jul 17, 2023 9:25 AM
Sep 2015
Never cried this much over any ending in my life. It actually took a while to accept this happened.

Not sure if this is a kind of wound that heals for Lucy. But at least she's alive and safe I guess?

Phenomenal series, absolute gut-wrenching ending. Definitely worth my time.
Pages (21) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by Wiziliz »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fishb0i - Sep 13, 2022

168 by JVskunkape »»
Yesterday, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

200 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 20, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

93 by kixann »»
Apr 19, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

86 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 18, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.