Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2022 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Scorpio Milo scene was kinda cool but then wtf? Marin knew about her future what?
Virgo Shakas ilussions at the end, i think they could ve done something better with those, like maybe Shaka trappin them in 6 Samsaras realms but whatever we get some skeletons instead
Sep 11, 2022 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
silversaint said:
Scorpio Milo scene was kinda cool but then wtf? Marin knew about her future what?
Virgo Shakas ilussions at the end, i think they could ve done something better with those, like maybe Shaka trappin them in 6 Samsaras realms but whatever we get some skeletons instead

i think they tried to mix up that momment from the original when Shiryu went to mount Jamiel to get his and Seiya's cloth repaired by Mu, he had to face the same skeleton knights on a narrow path, where he could only win by going foward no matter what.

Imo right now it's just a crappy filler out of nowhere, Milo going to see Aiolia was also very messed up. I'm not even going to comment the thing about Marin's mask, female knights mask had a meaning that they would revoke their femininity to fight as a knight for Athena, by doing so, they "became" equals to the male knights, and after that, even tho they are woman, they would be treated as male.

Another thing to notice is that, there is a rule on the sanctuary that if a female saint shows her real face to a man, they would fall in love with that man. (that's what happened to Shaina and explains why she loves Seiya, he treated her wound when they were children in training on the sanctuary and he saw her face for the first time, same thing happens with June cause Shun saw her face)

Thats why this whole "future prediction, butterfly turning into a mask" doesnt really track. But since they turned Shun into a female, the whole mask thingy doesnt count anymore, but they needed a way to hide Marins face, since i don't really remember they showing her face on the originals, all for that big mistery that she would be Seiya's lost sister (seika), which she isn't.

But welp, this is not the originals, so what can we expect eh?

ps: just remembered that they show a bit of Marin's face when she lets Seiya use her mask so he could cross the thorny poisoned roses garden created by Aphrodite (and not be affected by the poison on the air) on the path before he would reach the Pope's inner sanctum.
bobodanSep 11, 2022 7:37 PM
"I feel alive cause I'm a loser today and so I'll be tomorrow
I feel insane but that's my nature and I'll never change for your better
Behind the veil there is a lunatic with his out of tune emotions
Madness saved me from all of your average lies - average lies"
Sep 11, 2022 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
bobodan said:
silversaint said:

i think they tried to mix up that momment from the original when Shiryu went to mount Jamiel to get his and Seiya's cloth repaired by Mu, he had to face the same skeleton knights on a narrow path, where he could only win by going foward no matter what.

Imo right now it's just a crappy filler out of nowhere, Milo going to see Aiolia was also very messed up. I'm not even going to comment the thing about Marin's mask, female knights mask had a meaning that they would revoke their femininity to fight as a knight for Athena, by doing so, they "became" equals to the male knights, and after that, even tho they are woman, they would be treated as male.

Another thing to notice is that, there is a rule on the sanctuary that if a female saint shows her real face to a man, they would fall in love with that man. (that's what happened to Shaina and explains why she loves Seiya, he treated her wound when they were children in training on the sanctuary and he saw her face for the first time, same thing happens with June cause Shun saw her face)

Thats why this whole "future prediction, butterfly turning into a mask" doesnt really track. But since they turned Shun into a female, the whole mask thingy doesnt count anymore, but they needed a way to hide Marins face, since i don't really remember they showing her face on the originals, all for that big mistery that she would be Seiya's lost sister (seika), which she isn't.

But welp, this is not the originals, so what can we expect eh?

ps: just remembered that they show a bit of Marin's face when she lets Seiya use her mask so he could cross the thorny poisoned roses garden created by Aphrodite (and not be affected by the poison on the air) on the path before he would reach the Pope's inner sanctum.

its definitelly a callback to the Jamir scene but the thing is that was supposed to be low level saint training so it looks a bit jarring seeing it here halfway through the Sanctuary, they should ve used Shakas illusions on a much better way
the Marin thing is just WAT, wait Aiolos is speaking to her? the memories turn into a silver mask? like what is going on? i get it that they need to change the meaning of the mask but that a weird way to do it, to be fair the whole mask thing was always just a plot device
Sep 11, 2022 8:27 PM

Jul 2012
silversaint said:

its definitelly a callback to the Jamir scene but the thing is that was supposed to be low level saint training so it looks a bit jarring seeing it here halfway through the Sanctuary, they should ve used Shakas illusions on a much better way
the Marin thing is just WAT, wait Aiolos is speaking to her? the memories turn into a silver mask? like what is going on? i get it that they need to change the meaning of the mask but that a weird way to do it, to be fair the whole mask thing was always just a plot device

indeed, it made no sense using those skeleton knights now, maybe if they used Lotus Agora and Peacock Shiva (the shaka deciples), would be a tad bit better (even tho they suck and i don't really remember if they appeared on this iteration).

i agree with you about the mask, i mean, on the originals it kinda made sense to explain the romantic feelings from pseudo tsundere Shaina (i love her tho haha), even tho the series doesn't really care about romance, it was cool just to have this small one there. BUT Aiolos speaking to Marin just cause she is the eagle knight and she can see the "whole plot cause of her eyes" was soooooooo, sooo out of place hahahaha, it would be much better if she somehow saw the sign Aiolos left on his house (like the og series), and started to investigate herself, but hey needed her to wear a mask sooo. It would be really funny if this outgoing happy go lucky iteration of June would just go and ask why she wears a mask ahahaha
Sep 12, 2022 5:06 AM

Jan 2009
Aiolia got defeated by the Scorpio Gold Knight but Aiolia is already weak anyway so thats why he was defeated

and Marin backstory

while Seiya and friends are fighting the Skull Knights of Shaka the Gold Knight close to being god

the repeated dialogue in this episode is funny though "think of athena" and "for athena!"
Sep 12, 2022 2:49 PM
Sep 2022
the only way to make aioria different, even a pathetic clown, which he has always been, is to make him participate in combat, stop being a coward after 30 years to be the weakest of the golden ones in this reality, defeated by seiya with the armor of sagittarius, defeated by shaka and the pope, defeated by scorpion milo, born to lose.

Sep 13, 2022 11:31 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been merged into an official episode thread.
Sep 16, 2022 7:43 AM
Aug 2022
the production team of kotz intensely hates the character of aioria

defeated by the north american army s1

defeated by seiya and aioros s1

defeated by shaka and the high priest s1

defeated by seiya and casius emo in the temple of leo s2

defeated by the saint of scorpion s2

Aioria in the 80's animated classic was the most cowardly of the 12 gold saints.

in this boring cgi abomination he is the weakest of all gold saints no doubt about it.

Sep 16, 2022 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
eusoongesvosta said:

Aioria in the 80's animated classic was the most cowardly of the 12 gold saints.

in this boring cgi abomination he is the weakest of all gold saints no doubt about it.

as much as i would like to agree, Deathmask is probably the weakest (sooo easily defeated by Shiryu on his own turf, much easier than the og), followed very nearly by Aphrodite (even tho we are yet to see Shun releasing his / her nebula op powers)

and to be honest, Aiolia wasn't defeated by Emo Cassius and Seiya, he could easly kill them both, but Seiya wins with the power of protagonist, Cassius dying felt really out of place cause it acomplished nothing.

just to finish, Shaka x Aiolia if it was not interveened by Saga with the imperial satan (forgot the name of this move on the anime), it would become a 1000 day war (that happens when 2 gold saints with equal power face each other), so if Shaka admits that Aiolia is on the same power level as his, Aiolia is not weak even on this sad cgi iteration, just a really bad used character.

there is also the stigma of being the brother of traitor and his internal struggles, he is probably one of the few golds with some kind of a backstory, which makes me sad of how bad they use him, he always like a stepping stone for someone to grow more powerful ahhahaha
Sep 22, 2022 6:19 AM
Aug 2022
bobodan said:
eusoongesvosta said:

as much as i would like to agree, Deathmask is probably the weakest (sooo easily defeated by Shiryu on his own turf, much easier than the og), followed very nearly by Aphrodite (even tho we are yet to see Shun releasing his / her nebula op powers)

and to be honest, Aiolia wasn't defeated by Emo Cassius and Seiya, he could easly kill them both, but Seiya wins with the power of protagonist, Cassius dying felt really out of place cause it acomplished nothing.

just to finish, Shaka x Aiolia if it was not interveened by Saga with the imperial satan (forgot the name of this move on the anime), it would become a 1000 day war (that happens when 2 gold saints with equal power face each other), so if Shaka admits that Aiolia is on the same power level as his, Aiolia is not weak even on this sad cgi iteration, just a really bad used character.

there is also the stigma of being the brother of traitor and his internal struggles, he is probably one of the few golds with some kind of a backstory, which makes me sad of how bad they use him, he always like a stepping stone for someone to grow more powerful ahhahaha

Another of the plot holes that were not patched in this adaptation is that only the protagonists are capable of overcoming the limits of the flesh to continue fighting despite fatigue and injuries.

I agree that Aioria's defeats are due to the power of the script, in Kotz he takes on the role of Aldebaran from the original anime multiplied by millions.

Oct 14, 2022 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
So far the worst of all episodes of Battle for Sanctuary that have been released so far. Not that it was bad, no. It was a nice episode. It just had some elements I didn't like myself that much, as somebody familiar with the source material. However, for anime only viewers of CGI KotZ show most of elements listed below wouldn't be a problem, since this episode was consistent in terms of atmosphere and direction to what had been introduced earlier.

I didn't like the way Aiolia warned Bronzies about Shaka and to not allow Virgo Gold Saint to open his eyes. His warning lacked menacing vibes coming from it. Perhaps lack of certain type of music ended up with having this moment less ominous than it should have been.

Milo vs. Aiolia was good. I liked the choreography. Too bad Aiolia has become a jobber, lol. Third battle in a row and third defeat in a row as well. Aiolia seems to have been put in Aldebaran's shoes. In the original series it was Aldebaran who was commonly referred to as a jobber, due to his overal performance in battle, haha.

Marin scene was... specific. It was unexpected, but I liked it myself.

The best element of this episode to me was the filler scene with Bronzies fighting spooky skeletons.

eusoongesvosta said:

For real. He literally became Leo Gold Saint JOBiolia.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

deg - Oct 9, 2022

18 by Nagamasakun »»
Apr 1, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

Guanimero - Jul 31, 2022

16 by jieprkly »»
May 28, 2023 5:08 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

deg - Oct 2, 2022

6 by Adnash »»
Oct 15, 2022 10:40 AM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

deg - Sep 26, 2022

4 by Adnash »»
Oct 14, 2022 12:07 PM

Poll: » Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya - Battle for Sanctuary Episode 9 Discussion

deg - Sep 18, 2022

8 by Adnash »»
Oct 14, 2022 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.