Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 16, 2022 11:06 AM
Aug 2021
The show got so cringe, fights are soooo cringe. At this point i just want to finish it... , so disappointed
Sep 16, 2022 2:18 PM
Sep 2017
2 well animated scenes are not enough to save this train wreck.
Sep 17, 2022 11:16 PM

Nov 2012
The fight(s) against the grim was the first time this felt like RWBY.

Why did Yang look like a Powerpuff Girl when she took down Big Nicholas?

Animemes_Enjoyer said:
This is my first ever time posting on a forum...I dunno what to expect below

Good job. If you don't try, you won't. There's no reason why episode threads have to be started by the same 2-3 users.
Sep 18, 2022 6:21 AM

Apr 2016
The asspulls and contrivances just keep coming and coming and the anime has some abysmal moments again, but at least there is some good sakuga sometimes here so it's not quite as badly produced as eps 6, 9 or 10. Still, man this arc somehow wound up being just as broken as the V1 retread stuff. We get a decent new INS, but man, I know this is a dubiously canon "canon-adjacent' midquel thing, but busting out the Silver Eyes when she didn't even know she could do that until accidentally/instinctively unleashing it SEVERAL MONTHS AND TWO VOLUMES AFTER THE EVENTS OF THIS SERIES AND WHAT IT COVERS is even worse than all the inconsistencies present here. Couldn't they find a better way to hint at her having those powers? Fuck this show. Can't wIt for the V2 retread episode to suck, too.

This is marginally better than Volume 5 (the worst RWBY has ever been) but worse than V7 and even V1.
CodeBlazeFateSep 18, 2022 6:24 AM
Sep 18, 2022 9:22 AM
Nov 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
This is marginally better than Volume 5 (the worst RWBY has ever been) but worse than V7 and even V1.

I will admit that V5 in the OG RWBY is indeed bad, I didn't like it either but I'll be honest, I did enjoy V5 more than this anime. I don't know why V1 receives this much hate though, it's not that bad IMHO, it may have wonky animation, the budget wasn't that good there but it does have nice music, nice comedy, and nice character development (something this anime clearly lacked) and it had very nice choreography in the action scenes too, especially that part with monkey boy and Penny.
Sep 18, 2022 12:20 PM

Apr 2016
xZabuzax said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I will admit that V5 in the OG RWBY is indeed bad, I didn't like it either but I'll be honest, I did enjoy V5 more than this anime. I don't know why V1 receives this much hate though, it's not that bad IMHO, it may have wonky animation, the budget wasn't that good there but it does have nice music, nice comedy, and nice character development (something this anime clearly lacked) and it had very nice choreography in the action scenes too, especially that part with monkey boy and Penny.
Volume 1 has a lot of the problems this does in terms of rushed development, and that awful Jaune arc, and yeah the visuals are still kinda bad even tho some of the fights are good (at least the ones not involving grimm) but yeah V1 at least had some fun humor here and there. This anime is even dumber than V1 and with almost none of the charm or humor or chemistry to make it palatable.

V5 and this anime both waste a lot of time but in different ways. It's just that V5 also ruins some characters and kills any and all momentum its first two eps and the previous volume all built while also being really dumb, whereas this show doesn't have such stakes placed upon it, even if it isn't much better.
Sep 18, 2022 3:16 PM
Nov 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
xZabuzax said:

Volume 1 has a lot of the problems this does in terms of rushed development, and that awful Jaune arc, and yeah the visuals are still kinda bad even tho some of the fights are good (at least the ones not involving grimm) but yeah V1 at least had some fun humor here and there. This anime is even dumber than V1 and with almost none of the charm or humor or chemistry to make it palatable.

V5 and this anime both waste a lot of time but in different ways. It's just that V5 also ruins some characters and kills any and all momentum its first two eps and the previous volume all built while also being really dumb, whereas this show doesn't have such stakes placed upon it, even if it isn't much better.

Yeah I get your point, that Jaune arc has wonky animation too and it wasn't that good either but I did love the character development and the resolution between Jaune and Pyrrha, that character development alone is better than any character development I've seen on this anime, this barely had character development at all which didn't help.

Vol 1 has some great things going for it too apart from the wonky animation because honestly, it did have wonky animation, they where on a limited budget too but I do praise Vol 1 for the things it did correctly which are: character development, music, hype moments, comedy and the awesome fight choreography which is the thing I love the most about the RWBY franchise, this anime lacked all that, apart from episode 11 which has nice fight choreography too but it's still inferior than what Vol 1 provided IMHO, this anime lacks everything else I mentioned and I didn't like that one bit.

Vol 1 managed to entertain me since episode 1, even with the wonky animation, I was invested in Vol 1 since the 1st episode since this one did a magnificent job with the character development and it made me bond with the characters quickly, this anime failed miserable at it and had me bored 99% of the time, that crappy story with the dream arc simply dragged for way too long too and that crappy animation in the fight scenes wasn't helping in the slightest either, plus no character development, I didn't bond with a single character here, plus crappy directing, even a crappy story can be saved with a good director but even that failed here.

So much things went wrong with this anime.
Sep 18, 2022 3:23 PM
Mar 2020
Well, they saved the entire budget for this episode. But at last we got some dope animation.
Sep 21, 2022 11:18 AM

Jan 2011
This has been a fun watch so far. Let's see how it ends.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 3, 2022 11:10 PM

Feb 2021
That animation is really cool! Of course they will laugh after seeing those dream XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 30, 2022 4:48 AM

Apr 2019
it was ok, Weiss finally woke up and everything went well as expected, and so the Ice Queendom finally ended
Nov 24, 2022 5:12 AM

Apr 2011
Finally, the dream arc is over. It felt really dragged.

Also embarrassed Weiss is cute.
Dec 9, 2022 8:45 PM

Oct 2017
xZabuzax said:
I've been shitting on this anime since the very first episode but finally, this is the only episode I enjoyed from the entire anime, this episode had wonky animation here and there but it had pretty decent animation as well, obviously, all the budget went to this episode, the OST was pretty nice too so yeah, it was a decent episode overall.

Too bad the rest of the episodes was a piece of crap though so my rating won't change but I can finally praise something about this anime. Why on earth did it take this long to get decent? goddamn it. Whatever, 1 more episode to go so I can finally get this crap over with, I praise the things that deserve to be praised so I'm praising this episode, the rest of the episodes are garbage, unfortunately.

Well i finally made it to EP 12 and it was a pretty good ep as you said, ill wait for the next, my only complaints was 2 things - ruby using her silver eyes, that felt really anti-climatic and kinda lame - and the blake and weiss thing with racism bla bla was a bit okward and not really anything, from this anime itself to back it up, but overall, it did halfway redeem it for a few minutes cause i almost dropped my score to a 2 - but its sticking to a 4 for now, only one ep to go once the last dub releases lol

But holy hell this was a nightmare to get through, pun intended, the nightmare was too much effort and too many long story plotlines crammed into the first season, really made all the progress feel cheap but that's looking at it as even a side story ---- if i totally remove the idea of OG rwby and purely look at it as a hypothetical discussion about OG rwby and using a dream to hypothetically discuss the teams issues, it does make it seem a little less shit

Overall i don't believe the people giving it a 9-10, even if they haven't seen OG rwby , which they should, i don't see it getting over 8 legit-ly, cuz if they did see the original they'd automatically take off 2 points - but so many eps were so slow and bad like you said, i personally couldn't see ever giving it above a 5, the last ep will determine it, but im thinking its gonna stick to a 3-4 for now...
Dec 9, 2022 9:06 PM

Oct 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
The asspulls and contrivances just keep coming and coming and the anime has some abysmal moments again, but at least there is some good sakuga sometimes here so it's not quite as badly produced as eps 6, 9 or 10. Still, man this arc somehow wound up being just as broken as the V1 retread stuff. We get a decent new INS, but man, I know this is a dubiously canon "canon-adjacent' midquel thing, but busting out the Silver Eyes when she didn't even know she could do that until accidentally/instinctively unleashing it SEVERAL MONTHS AND TWO VOLUMES AFTER THE EVENTS OF THIS SERIES AND WHAT IT COVERS is even worse than all the inconsistencies present here. Couldn't they find a better way to hint at her having those powers? Fuck this show. Can't wIt for the V2 retread episode to suck, too.

I AGREE so much with the silver eyes thing I despiseddddd that! they crammed so much future plot from legit 6 seasons/volumes into 1 single season and it felt so cheap and rushed and dumb because of it, not seeing the OG show might of made it somewhat barrable, but its like they're trying to piss of the original fanbase with this nonsense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xZabuzax said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

Yeah I get your point, that Jaune arc has wonky animation too and it wasn't that good either but I did love the character development and the resolution between Jaune and Pyrrha, that character development alone is better than any character development I've seen on this anime, this barely had character development at all which didn't help.

Vol 1 has some great things going for it too apart from the wonky animation because honestly, it did have wonky animation, they where on a limited budget too but I do praise Vol 1 for the things it did correctly which are: character development, music, hype moments, comedy and the awesome fight choreography which is the thing I love the most about the RWBY franchise, this anime lacked all that, apart from episode 11 which has nice fight choreography too but it's still inferior than what Vol 1 provided IMHO, this anime lacks everything else I mentioned and I didn't like that one bit.

Vol 1 managed to entertain me since episode 1, even with the wonky animation, I was invested in Vol 1 since the 1st episode since this one did a magnificent job with the character development and it made me bond with the characters quickly, this anime failed miserable at it and had me bored 99% of the time, that crappy story with the dream arc simply dragged for way too long too and that crappy animation in the fight scenes wasn't helping in the slightest either, plus no character development, I didn't bond with a single character here, plus crappy directing, even a crappy story can be saved with a good director but even that failed here.

I also agree with zabuzax on this one, vol 1 was great, and despite the low budget animation, i was invested in the characters as well, the comedy made me laugh, not oh thats kinda funny, or cute, but genuinely laugh and feel good about it - they even played with the animation for a few jokes as well, a trip fall in the middle of a grimm battle honestly made me laugh when i was rewatching the first scorpion battle to compare it to this shows scorpion battle - had forgot so many small moments like that its probably time for a legit rewatch

vol 5 was weird if thats the one with the giant robot fights, it was weird like legend of korra and the giant mana laser beam battle bullshit --- but even season 5 was funner than this trainwreck icequeendom was in a lot of ways, so much story was wasted up until this point...

like zubu said, better directing or even some comedy or decent character development could of changed so much of that but everyones discussions were not funny nor in the least bit real dialogue it was empty and hollow words and insults and jokes and objectives that amounted to cardboard cutout characters that im totally unattached to in anyway possible and thats just that, a terrible shame, but one that can't be fixed this late into the show or dreamworld game whatever... - eitherway, season 5 1 and 7 was deff better, and i dont know why you dont like 7 either, it wasnt that bad either
Dec 10, 2022 2:54 AM

Apr 2016
GodOfWolves said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

I AGREE so much with the silver eyes thing I despiseddddd that! they crammed so much future plot from legit 6 seasons/volumes into 1 single season and it felt so cheap and rushed and dumb because of it, not seeing the OG show might of made it somewhat barrable, but its like they're trying to piss of the original fanbase with this nonsense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xZabuzax said:

I also agree with zabuzax on this one, vol 1 was great, and despite the low budget animation, i was invested in the characters as well, the comedy made me laugh, not oh thats kinda funny, or cute, but genuinely laugh and feel good about it - they even played with the animation for a few jokes as well, a trip fall in the middle of a grimm battle honestly made me laugh when i was rewatching the first scorpion battle to compare it to this shows scorpion battle - had forgot so many small moments like that its probably time for a legit rewatch

vol 5 was weird if thats the one with the giant robot fights, it was weird like legend of korra and the giant mana laser beam battle bullshit --- but even season 5 was funner than this trainwreck icequeendom was in a lot of ways, so much story was wasted up until this point...

like zubu said, better directing or even some comedy or decent character development could of changed so much of that but everyones discussions were not funny nor in the least bit real dialogue it was empty and hollow words and insults and jokes and objectives that amounted to cardboard cutout characters that im totally unattached to in anyway possible and thats just that, a terrible shame, but one that can't be fixed this late into the show or dreamworld game whatever... - eitherway, season 5 1 and 7 was deff better, and i dont know why you dont like 7 either, it wasnt that bad either
btw the mecha thing was V6. V5 was when most of the main cast was sitting in a house for 9 episodes and Raven kept going "Ozpin is bad but I can't directly explain why cuz that will spoil V6, just trust me".

I still don't believe Volume 1 is particularly good or even ok (hell, it's prob the volume that needed expanding the most and you can tell they were still trying to figure out all of the main girls). A lot of the conflicts were handled like a mediocre kids cartoon (especially with Cardin) and the resolution to the volume was still a bit weak regarding Weiss in particular. However, even with how rushed many of the conflicts were, and how the Jaune arc took way too much time away from doing more with the main team or exploring the campus setting, it's still better than Ice Queendom. IQ did damn near nothing with any of that stuff either until arguably episode 12, so it feels like such a waste of time. Plus, as you mentioned, it and the other Beacon volumes tended to play with the models in fun ways that tool advantage of the fact that they're rigged CG models for comedy.

7 has the really frustrating issue of how Team RWBY and co. do the exact same thing they were livid as Ozpin for with barely any deliberation on if it's the right thing to do, and they're still seen as 100% in the right. Also, the way many of the final conflicts either started and/or resolved was maddeningly dumb, namely the 2nd Tyrian fight and Ace Ops vs RWBY fight. It's also a very contrived volume by the midpoint and end, plus, it does very little with Penny or Weiss or the Atlas and Mantle settings (but prob more than V5 with Misteal). Knowing that Ironwood wasn't meant to be as understandable or compelling as he is only further frustrates me as while you can tell he's meant to slowly go off the deep end after being burned by everyone and after the stress and guilt of his failure at Vale is directly catching up to him with a giant whale, but I know V8 had to course correct and speedrun his fall from a troubled guy still trying to do the right thing, to somebody who is comically evil and ready to kill anyone and everyone at almost all times.
Dec 10, 2022 10:01 AM
Nov 2016
GodOfWolves said:
xZabuzax said:
I've been shitting on this anime since the very first episode but finally, this is the only episode I enjoyed from the entire anime, this episode had wonky animation here and there but it had pretty decent animation as well, obviously, all the budget went to this episode, the OST was pretty nice too so yeah, it was a decent episode overall.

Too bad the rest of the episodes was a piece of crap though so my rating won't change but I can finally praise something about this anime. Why on earth did it take this long to get decent? goddamn it. Whatever, 1 more episode to go so I can finally get this crap over with, I praise the things that deserve to be praised so I'm praising this episode, the rest of the episodes are garbage, unfortunately.

Well i finally made it to EP 12 and it was a pretty good ep as you said, ill wait for the next, my only complaints was 2 things - ruby using her silver eyes, that felt really anti-climatic and kinda lame - and the blake and weiss thing with racism bla bla was a bit okward and not really anything, from this anime itself to back it up, but overall, it did halfway redeem it for a few minutes cause i almost dropped my score to a 2 - but its sticking to a 4 for now, only one ep to go once the last dub releases lol

But holy hell this was a nightmare to get through, pun intended, the nightmare was too much effort and too many long story plotlines crammed into the first season, really made all the progress feel cheap but that's looking at it as even a side story ---- if i totally remove the idea of OG rwby and purely look at it as a hypothetical discussion about OG rwby and using a dream to hypothetically discuss the teams issues, it does make it seem a little less shit

Overall i don't believe the people giving it a 9-10, even if they haven't seen OG rwby , which they should, i don't see it getting over 8 legit-ly, cuz if they did see the original they'd automatically take off 2 points - but so many eps were so slow and bad like you said, i personally couldn't see ever giving it above a 5, the last ep will determine it, but im thinking its gonna stick to a 3-4 for now...

This anime is straight-up garbage, that's for sure but I did enjoy the last 2 episodes, especially episode 12 which was pretty good actually, this is how this anime should have been, it needed to have moments like episode 12, and not that goddamn, boring, shitty dream arc which took the whole fucking season, if I wasn't a RWBY fan I would have dropped this shit a long time ago. And you haven't finished this piece of crap yet? why are you torturing yourself like that? just watch the last episode in Japanese or whatever and get this over with.

Anyway, you will see my final review of this anime in episode 12, I'm enjoying reading your comments about it as well, and hopefully, you will leave one final review about the whole thing in the episode 12 thread. Reading your comments is actually way more fun than this anime and I'm not kidding, I'm having a better time reading your comments than I did watching this piece of shit.
Dec 12, 2022 8:36 AM
Aug 2021
This is probably the most inconsistent animated episode I've ever seen. Some shots are so bad but some actually look insane. Still, it didn't contribute that much for me. At least we are at the end of the road
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

51 by Pingl0sek »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:00 PM

» Which will happen first

Tank895 - Aug 26, 2023

14 by PinkRawChicken »»
Aug 30, 2023 9:43 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24, 2022

104 by MABEL_APPLE »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:29 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 21, 2022

40 by kitsune0 »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:22 AM

Poll: » RWBY: Hyousetsu Teikoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 18, 2022

81 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Feb 24, 2023 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.