Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2022 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, there are some real scums in this show. I mean..using Himawari as a hostage for personal gains is just low, especially since she's Naruto's daughter.

Kawaki played an important role to help her this episode so props to him.
Sep 11, 2022 2:41 AM

Mar 2016
Boring ass filler episode :/
Sep 11, 2022 3:25 AM
Jul 2022
When the main perpetrator said those stuff at the end, implying that there was someone superior to him, I was surprised the police officers didn’t hear that….

Maybe bc he whispered it??
Sep 11, 2022 3:25 AM

Jun 2015
Pudding!! Id potentially troll the person above but six posts and feel like they an opinion im checked out. What an assehole. Epic esps, and im lovin the character building and strory.

someone wrote i msg I want to make clear this was in response to Shaddle
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 11, 2022 3:30 AM

Jun 2015
sharin9an said:
When the main perpetrator said those stuff at the end, implying that there was someone superior to him, I was surprised the police officers didn’t hear that….

sharin9an said:

*whisper whisper* Sweet baby little gods, wtf is this statement about?
Sep 11, 2022 3:39 AM

Jan 2020
Himawari has nerves made of steal.
Most of the episode I was thinking why their plan was sell Himawari to enemies of Hokage, and not try to get ransom money from the Hokage.
Were they so scared of Naruto or does the Hokage has way lower salary than an actress? Tsunade was also always without money and Kakashi is taking vacation is quite ordinary places. It's fit their characters, but I really curious if the Hokage get's paid enough.
Sep 11, 2022 4:46 AM
Jul 2022
Roch2001 said:
sharin9an said:

sharin9an said:

You know when he said “you didn’t tell me there would be someone like him around” 😭😭 tbh idk what I was saying. I thought that if he said that the police officers should’ve heard sooo they shouldn’t think it’s the end??? Idk 😭
Sep 11, 2022 4:52 AM

Sep 2020
How long will the elementary school arc last? There were so many things they could have done. We don't need any more screen time for these random ass characters. The Naruto verse is massive, there is so much that could have been explored. There were numerous options available to them;

- Make an arc in which Sarada obtains her third tome Sharingan.
- Adapt Sasuke Retsuden.
- Anything with the main character's group; create an arc for Shikadai, Inojin, and Mitsuki.
- Make some episodes with Sakura and Tsunade? Hello, it's been 94 years since I've seen them.
- Kakashi training his mini-version or whatever
- Any arc with the other villages, and what about the other kages?
- What about Sarada learning about Uchiha's clan's past?
- Any backstory arc for any war survivor? That would actually be cool
- Metal Lee and Rock Lee. Who's Metal Lee's mum ?

TBH, any f**** thing will do at this point, just not these stupid elementary school kids doing nothing. Just after, stupid pirate's arc. I have been defending Boruto since 2017 but honestly, I can't bring myself to do it anymore.
Sep 11, 2022 5:40 AM

Apr 2012
i like how kawaki was like "did u contact her family?" when HE dint contact Himawari's family
Sep 11, 2022 6:44 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kekw what a funny ass kidnapping episode. I thought it'll be more than that. Especially since its related to Himawari. Guess my expectations is just too high. But at least its still have a good side to be considered. Even if i don't quite understand yet what's good about this episode. Ok, next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 11, 2022 8:16 AM
Jun 2022
Jellybeanx said:
How long will the elementary school arc last? There were so many things they could have done. We don't need any more screen time for these random ass characters. The Naruto verse is massive, there is so much that could have been explored. There were numerous options available to them;

- Adapt Sasuke Retsuden.
- Anything with the main character's group; create an arc for Shikadai, Inojin, and Mitsuki.
- Make some episodes with Sakura and Tsunade? Hello, it's been 94 years since I've seen them.

TBH, any f**** thing will do at this point, just not these stupid elementary school kids doing nothing. Just after, stupid pirate's arc. I have been defending Boruto since 2017 but honestly, I can't bring myself to do it anymore.

1000% agree with you.
They have been destroying fame of naruto with those garbage fillers.
They can use old Naruto staffs for boruto and other main characters character development. It would be able to increase the quality of the anime than manga.
Sep 11, 2022 9:22 AM

Dec 2015
Why didn't they keep their masks on after getting to the hideout? That guy really knows how to pick his grunts.
Himawari is a ball of sunshine as per usual (さすが向日葵の意味w).

She thought her mom didn't love her anymore all over some expired pudding. Wow. To each their own.
hai_X_isSep 18, 2022 12:18 PM
Sep 11, 2022 9:56 AM
Dec 2015
horrible que hasco basuraaaaaa
Sep 11, 2022 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
sharin9an said:
Roch2001 said:

You know when he said “you didn’t tell me there would be someone like him around” 😭😭 tbh idk what I was saying. I thought that if he said that the police officers should’ve heard sooo they shouldn’t think it’s the end??? Idk 😭

*licks* ...............................................
Sep 11, 2022 11:02 AM
Jan 2021
Shaddle said:
Boring ass filler episode :/

Watch one piece 🔥🔥🔥🔥🛶
Sep 11, 2022 11:03 AM
Jan 2021
Watch one piece guys hype is there 🔥🔥🔥🛶
Sep 11, 2022 11:38 AM
Mar 2018
And I am thinking, why am i evening watching this?
Sep 11, 2022 12:13 PM
Nov 2013
Amazing episode. I am loving the character build-up!
Sep 11, 2022 12:40 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
You know what? For what this arc is, this episode was pretty good. At least Osuka got that development I guess.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 11, 2022 3:06 PM
Aug 2008
What would you do if your mentor (who is the Hokage, the big No. 1) gives you a job to protect a princess, and someone just suddenly kidnapp your mentor's daughter? Take the princess with you for the investigation, without telling to any reliable person, just to one of your classmate...

"You can look into my homework, just don't copy it" -> and you get the low-edition of Naruto aka. Boruto
raptile666Sep 11, 2022 3:11 PM
Sep 11, 2022 3:43 PM
Jan 2021
First off we start with Kawaki walking around the Academy cleaning up because he’s on cleaning duty. Himawari lets him know that she plans to go shopping with Kae and leaves on ahead of him. In some trees we see two suspicious figures. Probably has something to do with the episode title of “Himawari Kidnapped”.

Before this occurs, Himawari comes across Osuka and Neon and Neon’s mother comes to pick her up from school today. From the conversation Neon’s mother has with Osuka, it seems that Osuka’s mother, Hibara Kamakura knows Neon’s mother and they’re well acquainted. Neon and her mother head off by themselves and Osuka goes her own way. Himawari asks Osuka what happened between her and her mother and I’m thinking in my head that she is prying way too much.

Afterwards, the two suspicious figures come out of nowhere and kidnap both Himawari and Osuka.

Kawaki leaves the Academy after he has finished cleaning up and he comes across Kae and Batora. Kae is wondering about Himawari’s whereabouts and Kawaki spots Himawari’s pendant. Kae wonders if something happened to her given that Himawari wouldn’t leave her pendant like that. Kawaki remembers that Osuka and Neon are the last ones to have seen Himawari prior to her going missing. Batora mentions that Osuka’s residence is nearby and he reveals the fact that he’s studied up on the houses of those who Kae would likely have contact with, so the three head off.

On the other side of things the kidnappers reveal the fact that they were only after Osuka. I get why they got Himawari too given that if they left her, Himawari simply would’ve reported the incident to the Leaf Police Force. Himawari talks back to who’s known as “Big Bro” and tells him off. She is staying calm despite the peril that she is currently in. She definitely got that from Naruto.

Kawaki’s group make it to Osuka’s residence and find out that Osuka was kidnapped, and likely Himawari along with her. Osuka tells Himawari that her mom doesn’t care about her and the two minion kidnappers talk about how they’ll be punished severely for kidnapping Himawari, the Seventh Hokage’s daughter. Himawari reassures them that Naruto isn’t that type of guy so they having nothing to worry about. The two explain how they failed to graduate the Academy and went around trying to get jobs, but weren’t successful. However, this “Big Bro” was an actual Genin, but he fired after ditching a mission he didn’t like. Big Bro gets mad at them and shoots Fire Style at them.

Kawaki’s group make it to Neon’s house and inform her of the situation. Luckily, Neon has an idea as to how to find Osuka. Himawari coordinates with Osuka to attempt an escape. The two slip out of the ropes and make their move. Himawari goes for Big Bro while Osuka uses the rope to tie the feet of the others. Himawari then activates her Byakugan and start clapping Big Bro’s CHEEKS. Once she lands the deciding blow and tries to run, Big Bro grabs her and lifts her up. The two delinquents try to stop him from potentially killing Himawari since she’s just a kid, but they get shrugged off. Osuka also does her best to stop him, but to no avail.

Kawaki’s party is able to come at the last minute and save the day. Kawaki takes on Big Bro by himself and I already know he’s about to make quick work of this clown. Kawaki casually walks through this guy’s Fire Style and ends it with one punch, that replayed three times, so you know it was a big deal. The other two kidnappers decide to turn over a new leaf and take responsibility for their actions. Osuka’s mother comes over because she was worried about her daughter. Osuka mentions that Hibari threw out something special to her, and therefore she assumed that she didn’t care about her, but Neon explains that Hibari and her mother worked on a Scientific Ninja Tool that has a function to find her, which explains how Kawaki’s party arrived in the first place. Hibari and Neon’s mother worked hard after Hibari’s shoots to do this. She sacrificed her sleep just to make this tool to help keep her daughter safe. Now that’s real motherly love. Himawari asks Osuka what thing got thrown out, and to my surprise, it was something as petty as PUDDING! AND I KNEW BEFORE HIBARI EXPLAINED THAT THE PUDDING WAS LIKELY EXPIRED! IMAGINE BEING THAT PETTY ABOUT PUDDING! Hibari offers pudding to everyone and everything is happily ever after. Kawaki explains to Himawari that she has a gift to have everyone moving at her pace. What Kawaki is describing sounds to me like Naruto’s ability to make friends with almost anyone she meets. Himawari is showcasing the qualities from Naruto that she inherited.

Before the episode ends, Big Bro says something about how things didn’t go as planned, and we see this mysterious figure in the trees. I wonder if this individual is after Kae, Kawaki, is involved with Kara in any way, or what?

I’m looking forward to the next episodes!
Sep 11, 2022 10:46 PM

Feb 2013
Mark my words the Kawaki/Hima tag team after the time skip is going to be the most deadly Duo since Naruto & Sasuke. Kawaki's strength and brute force combined w/ Hima's "Lock-on" Byakugan and hopefully next gen version of Neji's Gentle Fist. With those two watching over their brother even if Momoshiki took control of Boruto I think Hima will be able to shut down chakra flow and essentially hard shut down Momoshiki's control of Boruto

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Sep 12, 2022 9:45 AM

Nov 2013
lol himawari almost destroyed that guy, that was interesting to watch

the reason why pink thought her mom hated her, i laughed too much LOL pudding

what the hell, next episode preview, for a moment i thought orochimaru had a kid or something lol it should be interesting to watch and good for our childhood memories of naruto lol

people complaining about this arc, sure it's not the best, but i'd much rather watch these kids than boring ass kakashi lmao
i agree the pirates arc was fucking terrible, i actually dropped boruto for like 2 months, and then skipped most of that arc (and plan to start skipping everything i dislike, after years of watching every boruto episode) but i'm enjoying this arc enough to not skip a single scene lol
winddevil1Sep 12, 2022 9:52 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 12, 2022 11:40 AM
May 2021
Jellybeanx said:

- Adapt Sasuke Retsuden.

Exactly. This just feels like a slice of life but in the ninja world. They just want to do it the easy way.
Sep 12, 2022 1:30 PM
Dec 2018
It was a good episode until the two girls magically got out of the ropes.
Sep 12, 2022 1:31 PM

Feb 2010
Once again wishing Himawari was the main character
Sep 12, 2022 11:56 PM

Oct 2008
of course those kidnapper thugs are no match against Kawaki...Kawaki's been through a lot and witnessed SSS-rank fights so for sure Kawaki is beyond Genin but at least below jounin level already at this point...
4/5.
next ep cosplay ep? so cute SD or rather child like appearance of some of the legendary shinobi!

Sep 13, 2022 6:43 AM
Oct 2019
We Watching Boruto, but Boruto wasn't even in the episode at all.
might as well changed the title to "Kawaki and Himawari Slice of Life in Ninja Academy"

Really Kawaki just one punch that guy? same one punch to the bear?
they really didn't put any effort at all.

Bruhhh fcking Pudding? my god that child.

OMG the preview they are cosplaying... LMAO
Sep 14, 2022 7:53 AM
Nov 2013
Jellybeanx said:

- Adapt Sasuke Retsuden.

True. This is definitely the worst year for the boruto anime and it came just after the best year for the anime so far. The downgrade is massive :(

I like the idea of Himawari becoming a ninja and kawaki going with her to the academy, bonding with her and learning some of the basics while also having his special mission. The concept is cool imo
But the studio is dragging it too much and giving unnecessary focus on their irrelevant classmates.
A 5 eps arc for this would be perfect but they're stretching it with fillers, not even anime canon at this point.
Hopefully they'll finish the arc soon !

According to leaks, there should be a Code related arc soon, preparing for the next manga arc, something like the Kara actuation arc so hopefully this will happen soon to save the anime from this filler fest.
As for sarada's 3 tomoes, the anime's director on twitter said that they're planning to do that soon
Sep 17, 2022 6:35 PM

Nov 2012
I am liking this arc. Kawaki is becoming more personable and I've always loved Himawari.

sharin9an said:

That surprised me as well. Maybe they thought he was muttering to himself. At any rate looks like that was a practice kidnapping.
Sep 25, 2022 3:19 PM
Sep 2013
Very cool animation and art
Oct 10, 2022 12:01 PM
May 2021
Himawari is so tough
Oct 12, 2022 3:27 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
For how much time they took to developed these characters they better integrate them well into canon material.
Oct 17, 2022 4:22 PM

Jul 2012
I like this arc, makes me nostalgic of the beginning of the anime
Oct 20, 2022 1:21 PM
Aug 2022
This filler episode was pretty cringe ngl
Nov 14, 2022 1:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
PudingS? Yeah!!!

Well, Hima and friend was kidnapped, but there is Kawaki to help!!! kekeke
Feb 10, 9:46 AM

Jan 2016
Kawaki treating that fire like it's just genjutsu LOL
I have never seen a worse parent, throwing away expired pudding, put her to the lowest depths of hell!!!
Himawari needs to get some Hyuuga education, she needs formal training, without it she's doing decent.
I wonder if the one who got that guys intel is the main villain of this arc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.