Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Couple of Cuckoos
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 10, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, Erika in a swimsuit asking help for a photoshoot. Cute.

It looks like we got Hiro asking yet another date with Nagi. Hiro in that athlete outfit though, complete with a helmet and gloves. Sachi also got to some spend quality time with Nagi while shopping together. I'd say it was a rather balanced episode.
Sep 10, 2022 10:57 AM

Jan 2022
So how is magi supposed to take pictures without staring at someone? How is everyone so fine with the fact that the dad said NAgi can marry Sachi? They have instagram so that means they should also have facebook, right? That would make things a little too simple ig. Hiro is yet again being super vague and being competitive for now reason, at least Nagi’s shirt looks cool. I do have to acknowledge the fact that Hiro noticed something has been bothering Nagi and invited him on a date. Annnnd now the dad pushing the idea of marriage onto Sachi, ugh what is wrong with that man? If Sachi can go to the store for “food” she can also go for some ice cream. She’s so irritating and obnoxious, can she disappear?? We need more episodes without here. why would Sachi ask that 💀😭 I know she was serious but played it off as joking
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 10, 2022 11:24 AM

Jul 2017
Hah, Erika asking for Nagi's help on a swimsuit photoshoot, and with the word from Erika's dad, it seems like the marriage affiar is about to get more convoluted.

For Nagi, finding Sosuke is important, but dates with Hiro is just as so, and with the bike date it's so different watching Hiro in her sports gear than Nagi thinking that he should dress appropriately. And on the way, Nagi finding out about his dad's multi-million-dollar business, yet withholds all information about the non-existent brother, Nagi can feel like he's on a crossroads. But still, this is a good date.

Next comes the siblings's grocery shopping spree with Erika's dad pushing marriage onto Sachi, and Nagi is super cost-saving conscious. Even back in their young days, Nagi is already acting the part of a parent, and they shared some moments together that are now a luxury. Of course, asking about marriage is a trick question, and just like Erika, Sachi can be a lil' devil.

Sisters are the same, even if they come from different families.
Sep 10, 2022 11:27 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Nagi is the cameraman for Erika in her swimsuit and he can't help staring xD.
The ways of trying to find Erika's brother that Nagi imagines won't exactly work out with him looking the same lol.
Nagi is being invited to cycle with Segawa!
And he can't help but stare at her bicycle style xD.
When it comes to the riding, Nagi can't keep up with her very well.
Nagi is surprised by how big one of Erika's father's hotels are.
But he has conflicting thoughts on how he views him.
Segawa notices Nagi looks troubled and tells him that when he feels like that, he should shout at the sea!
They both do and Segawa shouts she want's to be an adult.
She tells Nagi she'll be by his side when he feels troubled again.
Meanwile, Sachi is with Erika's father eating caviar at an expensive restaurant!
He asks her if she is prepared to marry Nagi...
When she comes home, Nagi notices that recently she has been acting differently.
He goes to her room to talk to her but she comes out of the door and goes to the convenience store.
Nagi goes along with her and sees the discounts on the eggs! Seems the milk is 13 yen cheaper also xD.
Sachi's story about the food Nagi made for their parents when they were younger was funny lol.
When they go home, Sachi is angry at him for not taking him seriously.
She asks him if she told her to marry him would he do it...
But she says she was just joking and laughs at him! Just like the time with Erika xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 10, 2022 11:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a nighttime photoshoot huh what a time to come back to. The Sosuke problem really is a tricky one though. Man that biking outfit really brings out Hiro's figure. Its funny seeing Sachi bond with Nagi's father while he himself is suffering from knowing nothing about him though. The trip to the super really showed Nagi's skill at conserving food though. Given their recent interactions with Nagi's dad it was only a matter of time before the question was popped. So far looks like each of the girls are hesitant to make their moves while Nagi is determined to maintain the status quo. Though im curious at this point whether Sosuke is actually real or a lie that was created by Nagi's father.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2022 11:50 AM
Apr 2018
It's Sunday, and it's time for this garbage anime again. Did Hiro come back to destroy the show yet? I'm still downloading it.
Sep 10, 2022 12:41 PM

Oct 2017
Adorable Sachi moments this episode, she's so cute. Nagi and Hiro going out for cycling was fun.
Sep 10, 2022 1:14 PM
Apr 2021
i dont like how they're pushing this sister thing into possible marriage, ik they're not related but its still weird asf.
Sep 10, 2022 1:31 PM

Dec 2015
I don’t understand why the dad keeps pushing this weird relationship between Nagi and Sachi. How does marrying his adoptive sister solve anything? The initial pitch was that if Nagi married Erika then it would reunite the families that were accidentally taken from without swapping back and tearing them apart, but by him marrying Sachi instead it fixes nothing and is just weird and creepy. They keep trying to portray Souichirou as cunning and powerful, but he just comes off as a freak who likes to toy with children.
Sep 10, 2022 1:43 PM
Apr 2020
bikini,roupa de ciclismo,incesto
Sep 10, 2022 2:09 PM
Aug 2019
never knew I'll really enjoying this, and it's a 20+ episodes too(⁠ノ⁠^⁠_⁠^⁠)⁠ノ
Sep 10, 2022 2:17 PM

May 2021
A Couple of Cuckoos determined to fend off Engage Kiss and My Stepmom's Dau... as the incest anime of the season.

Sep 10, 2022 4:30 PM
Jul 2022
I like this episode
Sep 10, 2022 5:10 PM
Mar 2015
I liked Hiro's attempt to cheer up Nagi as opposed to dad who asked Sachi if she wanted to marry Nagi He really is screwing with them
Sep 10, 2022 5:51 PM
Mar 2021
Nagi & Sachi's relationship is taking quite an interesting turn and uh... I'm intrigued

Segawa Hiro-chan on the other hand... I wonder how her relationship with Nagi-kun will turn out
Sep 10, 2022 6:05 PM

May 2019
Not sure if anyone else noticed but when Sachi was telling Nagi about the Christmas meal that they both made Nagi did not remember but Sachi did. Sachi is younger than Nagi so unless she was making that up, why would he not be able to remember that?? That made me ponder if perhaps there is no brother and that Nagi had some accident where he got amnesia and doesn't recall earlier childhood memories or he simply can't remember events that happened when he was a kid. That would explain why he doesn't remember the interactions with Erika when they were both kids.

Beyond that, Hiro is being nicer and more aggressive towards Nagi, and I noticed it since they went camping a couple of episodes ago, hopefully she'll drop the him having to beat her x number of times in grades, otherwise Nagi can get with Erika or Sachi according to his biological dad lol. Lastly, it's funny how both Erika and Sachi play off serious matters like engagement/marriage the same way but they were serious for a minute, guess it was getting too weird. At this point not sure where this anime is headed but I'm still hoping for a solid ending, even if it has to be an original anime ending since apparently the manga is still ongoing (or they announce a 2nd season).
Sep 10, 2022 6:45 PM
Dec 2019
RioFS said:
A Couple of Cuckoos determined to fend off Engage Kiss and My Stepmom's Dau... as the incest anime of the season.
I think you need to stop torturing yourself on these drama romance anime bro. These type of animes is just not for you. Have a nice day n take care ^^
Sep 10, 2022 6:50 PM
Dec 2019
viperhc said:
Not sure if anyone else noticed but when Sachi was telling Nagi about the Christmas meal that they both made Nagi did not remember but Sachi did. Sachi is younger than Nagi so unless she was making that up, why would he not be able to remember that?? That made me ponder if perhaps there is no brother and that Nagi had some accident where he got amnesia and doesn't recall earlier childhood memories or he simply can't remember events that happened when he was a kid. That would explain why he doesn't remember the interactions with Erika when they were both kids.

Beyond that, Hiro is being nicer and more aggressive towards Nagi, and I noticed it since they went camping a couple of episodes ago, hopefully she'll drop the him having to beat her x number of times in grades, otherwise Nagi can get with Erika or Sachi according to his biological dad lol. Lastly, it's funny how both Erika and Sachi play off serious matters like engagement/marriage the same way but they were serious for a minute, guess it was getting too weird. At this point not sure where this anime is headed but I'm still hoping for a solid ending, even if it has to be an original anime ending since apparently the manga is still ongoing (or they announce a 2nd season).
I'm not sure if they put the logic consistently but, the they still remember the Umino's family rule thingy I think. Probably for the pic is actually not Negi x Erika but their parents?
Sep 10, 2022 6:58 PM

Sep 2018
Only four more episodes to go, and then we'll be free of Nagi's punchable face, autistic screeching, pretentious, prickly and pushy personality, an overall bitch character.

And it was obvious right at the start, hence my older thread I made about Sachi and Nagi developing a little thing going, which is ridiculous in itself. Does the creator of this have a sister themselves? This whole development is laughable.
GakutoDeathGlareSep 10, 2022 7:03 PM
Sep 10, 2022 7:06 PM

May 2021
ReynaldyKwok said:
RioFS said:
I think you need to stop torturing yourself on these drama romance anime bro. These type of animes is just not for you. Have a nice day n take care ^^

I know right? My masochistic completionist tendency is going to be the end of me one day.

Sep 10, 2022 7:17 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Nagi's father continues to play mind games with his son and now he's planting the possibility marrying his son with Sachi. Of course Nagi wouldn't go for that and Sachi gets mad when she's not being considered as an option for marriage. I guess that neither Erika or Sachi are serious enough to pursue a long term relationship with Nagi.
Sep 10, 2022 7:20 PM

Feb 2016
the show took about 18 eps to become something interesting.
Sep 10, 2022 8:48 PM

Jan 2011
Segawa must had gotten her cycling outfit from Shiroko (blue archive lol)

this boy be lying his mouth saying one thing while his mind is thinking another
Sep 10, 2022 8:54 PM

Feb 2021
We got to see everyone with Nagi in this episode which is nice. Erika getting a photoshoot in her swimsuit, Hiro going cycling and Sachi going shopping, all of these events unfold with Nagi. Though I still want to see more focus on Hiro and Nagi.
Sep 10, 2022 10:38 PM

Jul 2021
My eyes have been blessed, seeing Erica in a swimsuit.

Hiro speaking while putting her tongue out was such a creepy sight. Hated to see that. Even after all this though, she's still showing signs of being wanting to be with Nagi.

And what's up with the dad, he's now even asking Sachi about marrying Nagi. She seemed very pleased at the thought though (as shown in the last scene) as expected of the brocon.

The christmas story from Nagi and Sachi's childhood was cute. I laughed when Sachi said she cried because Santa ate the cake Nagi made for their parents.

Sachi- asks Nagi if he would marry her. when he starts thinking about it she says i was kidding. then goes back to her room and happy noises can be heard from her. women☕

This felt like yet another filler episode. Nothing happened to progress the plot per say. One would think that 4 episodes are left in a 2 cour anime so it was about time they went for the climax and conclusion but nope, this is just pointless time waste at this point.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 10, 2022 10:55 PM
May 2022
Loved it Very Much
Sep 10, 2022 11:08 PM
Apr 2018
Sachi got embarrassed and got away with "I was just kidding" was a bad idea. That'd further make Nagi not looking at you seriously. So stupid. Then she'll blame everyone else for taking away Nagi, while she's the one who never tried to go straight for it.

Still, Sachi is not as bad as Hiro, the real ho of this story.
Sep 11, 2022 1:02 AM

Feb 2021
Hotel king! Lmao!!

I really wanna know more about sosuke!!

Sep 11, 2022 1:18 AM

Dec 2019
Good ep loved how sachi got a lot of screen time she's so cute

Also erika in a swimsuit. Nice.
Sep 11, 2022 1:53 AM
Apr 2018
That day, Santa-san received a phone call from Sachi, wanting her food back.
Sep 11, 2022 2:01 AM

May 2015
I have a pretty mixed feeling for this anime.
Sep 11, 2022 2:47 AM
Dec 2008
Segawa is so beautiful but with Nagi they form a really assorted ugly couple.
Sep 11, 2022 3:05 AM

Dec 2020
20 episodes in and there's little to no plot progression.
Sep 11, 2022 3:54 AM
Sep 2019
Sweet home Alabama. Another episode with no progress at all. I dont get The situation with brother. Does he even exist? Or is it Nagi on the photo somehow? I hope something will happen in these last episodes.
MartybanSep 11, 2022 4:07 AM
Sep 11, 2022 3:56 AM
Nov 2021
Loved it! 👍🏻👍🏻
Sep 11, 2022 5:33 AM
Jun 2017
we approve this episode... sachi asked him directly??? about marriage 💪💪💪 lets go 💪💪💪
Sep 11, 2022 5:36 AM

Feb 2016
just marry sachi ffssss
Sep 11, 2022 6:05 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The first half dedicated to Segawa was awesome, she looked amazing in that cyclist is outfit, so many up close shots lol. Besides my ape brain being focused on that, Segawa looking out for Nagi is great to see, she noticed he wasn’t himself and took him out to help him, another reason that solidifies her as best girl!

And the 2nd half being Sachi focused was good too, really enjoyed her and Nagi in the grocery store, Nagi yelling “No!” in English when Sachi went to buy ice cream on sale really got me. And of course Erika’s dad or “hotel king” has put the marriage idea in Sachi’s head and this is definitely gonna motivate her to take action like she did at the end of this episode, I don’t necessarily want Sachi to win but I do look forward to the moments to come with her. And lastly that flashback of the two of them making dinner as kids for their parents and “Santa” leaving a note telling them he ate it was funny lol.
Sep 11, 2022 6:12 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
viperhc said:

I like your theory in the first paragraph, I was thinking he just didn’t know that Sachi woke up before him and got upset that Santa ate their dinner but you could be onto something there. And imo, I’d love to see a 2nd season of this, I’m really enjoying this series and I’d like to see more.
Sep 11, 2022 6:30 AM
Feb 2021
viperhc said:

The problem with your reasoning is that even if Nagi DID have memory troubles, if he was really going to the Amano house on such a regular basis that Erika would believe he was her brother, then Sachi (who this episode just established was both a serious brocon even as a child and has an INCREDIBLE memory) would 100% have remembered that her brother was gone so much, and would have been upset about it. But nowhere at all is that stated, or even hinted at. So it's unlikely that Nagi is Erika's brother who forgot about it.
Sep 11, 2022 6:31 AM

May 2020
ayo Nagi is so annoying now.
Sep 11, 2022 10:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol the bike date between Segawa and Nagi, but the 2nd half with Sachi is really going toward something... She's really serious about the wedding part as weird as it could sound
Sep 11, 2022 10:15 AM
Dec 2020
Episode OK, nothing much happened
Sep 11, 2022 11:02 AM

May 2019
MugenNoShirayuki said:
viperhc said:

The problem with your reasoning is that even if Nagi DID have memory troubles, if he was really going to the Amano house on such a regular basis that Erika would believe he was her brother, then Sachi (who this episode just established was both a serious brocon even as a child and has an INCREDIBLE memory) would 100% have remembered that her brother was gone so much, and would have been upset about it. But nowhere at all is that stated, or even hinted at. So it's unlikely that Nagi is Erika's brother who forgot about it.

Yeah that's a good point too about Sachi remembering Nagi being gone a lot unless they they both had after school activities/went to different schools (so many excuses the author could make to explain if there is or there isn't a brother)... Adding a possible brother to this seems pointless and absurd at this time, like what is the point?? It's distracted me from the shenanigans from the 3 girls and Nagi. Unless there's big developments in the next 4 episodes, I'm thinking there's going to be another season and/or some OVAs to wrap this up, especially if a brother does show up, maybe that will be the cliffhanger for this season.
Sep 11, 2022 11:06 AM

May 2019
TheColonel76 said:
viperhc said:

I like your theory in the first paragraph, I was thinking he just didn’t know that Sachi woke up before him and got upset that Santa ate their dinner but you could be onto something there. And imo, I’d love to see a 2nd season of this, I’m really enjoying this series and I’d like to see more.

Thanks, by having a possible brother added it's distracted me from the 3 girls and Nagi though, like it's in the back of my mind when watching this series, like he's going to appear out of nowhere or something lol. Like it just happened now, what if the brother was the one that made a cake w/ Sachi and Nagi was in the kitchen with his non-biological parents since didn't Nagi say that to Sachi? That he was helping in the diner? #%^#$ I wouldn't mind a 2nd season, I really like the art style of this anime and the story-line has been mostly interesting and entertaining.
Sep 11, 2022 11:25 AM

Nov 2012
I like Hiro. kind of understand Hiro's competiveness. Have done since we met her mom. Props for getting Nagi away from the source of his problems to clear his head..

Sachi on the other hand I find loathsome. Her parents should've nipped that brother complex a long time ago. Since the diner is open, she should be home not allowed to do as she pleases.
Sep 11, 2022 12:36 PM

May 2018
swimsuit Erika is UwU

anyways Sachi is annoying as usual
Sep 11, 2022 1:34 PM
Feb 2021
viperhc said:
MugenNoShirayuki said:

Yeah that's a good point too about Sachi remembering Nagi being gone a lot unless they they both had after school activities/went to different schools (so many excuses the author could make to explain if there is or there isn't a brother)... Adding a possible brother to this seems pointless and absurd at this time, like what is the point?? It's distracted me from the shenanigans from the 3 girls and Nagi. Unless there's big developments in the next 4 episodes, I'm thinking there's going to be another season and/or some OVAs to wrap this up, especially if a brother does show up, maybe that will be the cliffhanger for this season.

Sachi was unbelievably clingy. No way she'd do anything without Nagi. And Nagi's a studyholic, what extracurriculars would he have?

Sep 11, 2022 1:38 PM
Jan 2018
Hiro is best girl
Sachi is annoying as hell
Erika has a brother complex
And Erika's dad can go fuck himself i'm starting to hate this guy
Sep 11, 2022 2:29 PM
May 2020
It is so wholesome show
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Was anyone else hoping, for more?

SofiaBulga - Nov 15, 2022

8 by Mainblocks »»
Apr 17, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2022

72 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

129 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Mar 15, 3:31 AM

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 6

5 by baymaxemon »»
Mar 12, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Kakkou no Iinazuke Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2022

45 by claymorwan »»
Mar 5, 1:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.